PDA

View Full Version : Losman wants out.

Micjones
01-05-2008, 01:58 PM
JP's seeking a trade.

Is this a guy you good people in Chiefs Kingdom would want the organization to part with a Middle Rounder for?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2008, 01:59 PM
No. They'll cut him. Then we can sign him as a younger backup to Croyle.

Deberg_1990
01-05-2008, 01:59 PM
We already have Losman. His name is Croyle.

DaKCMan AP
01-05-2008, 02:00 PM
I've never been that impressed with JP.

Micjones
01-05-2008, 02:01 PM
No. They'll cut him. Then we can sign him as a younger backup to Croyle.

His contract is up after next season, no?

I think if they don't move him in a trade they'll retain him one more year and let him walk after 2008.

Spicy McHaggis
In Losman's mind he is the greatest mother****er to ever walk this earth.

Micjones
Losman's no world-beater, but he was pretty efficient last season.

Completed something like 63% of his passes...

HolmeZz
01-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Losman sucks.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2008, 02:02 PM
No trading picks for players. Period.

Huge part of the reason we're in this mess to begin with.

chagrin
01-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Good lord dude, that guy isn't an NFL QB; he was drafted in error. He can't read defenses, caves under pressure and generally just isn't any good.

I can't believe you're serious about this but if you are, here's my answer:

If you like stats like 12/20 120 1/3, then yeah, he's great.

you can't just throw bodies at the problem.

el borracho
01-05-2008, 02:18 PM
No, I would rather start Croyle and keep Huard as our quarterbackup.

kcxiv
01-05-2008, 02:19 PM
We definately need a back up. I do not want to go into the season with ****ing Hutard back there again. Get a younger back up that will push Brodie. **** this give him the keys to the Kingdom with no one looking to take his spot. That would be a HUGE mistake if the Chiefs go into 2008 with the Same QB situation.

blueballs
Looserman dreams of a HUTARD
type career

CoMoChief
We would have a blast making fun of his voice in press conferences.

He sounds like a faggot.

Micjones
01-05-2008, 02:20 PM
No trading picks for players. Period.

Missing on draft picks and failing to draft players at certain positions high enough is the reason we're in a jam.

Micjones
01-05-2008, 02:21 PM
We definately need a back up. I do not want to go into the season with ****ing Hutard back there again. Get a younger back up that will push Brodie. **** this give him the keys to the Kingdom with no one looking to take his spot. That would be a HUGE mistake if the Chiefs go into 2008 with the Same QB situation.

A HUGE MISTAKE.

Croyle has proven Jack and Shit.

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 02:21 PM
No trading picks for Coaches. Period.

FYP :D

morphius
01-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Why would we want him?

Bowser
01-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I bet Losman is chomping at the bit to come and play in KC's offense.

beach tribe
01-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Or to be a backup in KC.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Missing on draft picks and failing to draft players at certain positions high enough is the reason we're in a jam.

Reading is fundamental.

Notice I said "huge part of the reason..."

There are many, many reasons why this team is in the shape it is now, but again, trading picks for players and coaches is a huge part of it.

kcxiv
01-05-2008, 02:26 PM
A HUGE MISTAKE.

Croyle has proven Jack and Shit.
Yep, i am not saying we need Losman, but we really need someone younger that another team has cut or something. Just no ****ing Huard as our 2nd stringer. A 3rd quarterback ok, but we need to get younger there.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2008, 02:26 PM
FYP :D

That too.

I added it in my response.

beach tribe
01-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Reading is fundamental.

Notice I said "huge part of the reason..."

There are many, many reasons why this team is in the shape it is now, but again, trading picks for players and coaches is a huge part of it.
Agreed. The only thing we should be trading picks for is picks.

Mecca
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
He's basically a player with more development that is what Croyle is....you shouldn't want a player on your team that is basically the same thing you already have.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I love all of the people who want competition at the QB position.

One of the biggest mistakes the Chiefs made last year was not naming a starting QB immediately.

This lead to both QB's playing like shit, because they we're looking over their shoulder constantly. Playing tight, knowing the first mistake they made would lead to the other guy getting the job.

For as much as I've bashed Huard, this is a huge reason why we didn't see any similarities between the Damon of 2006 and the Damon of 2007.

In 2006, Trent gets hurt, Damon comes in.

He's comfortable, because he KNOWS he has the job for as long as Trent is out. There's no need for him to look over his shoulder. He knows there's no way they'll play a rookie QB no matter how bad he might perform.

Result: A loose, easygoing QB who's willing to take a risk now and then because he's not concerned about his job security.

blueballs
01-05-2008, 02:35 PM
By the way
who the **** wouldn't want out of Buffalo

Mecca
01-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Even if the Chiefs draft a QB with their first pick, I think it should be clear that Croyle is starting next year and he's sitting for a year.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Agreed. The only thing we should be trading picks for is picks.

Yep.

Use some/all of those extra late round picks to move up in earlier rounds if there's a player you're eyeballing.

Trade down, but only if absolutely necessary. Stay true to your board.

beach tribe
01-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Yep.

Use some/all of those extra late round picks to move up in earlier rounds if there's a player you're eyeballing.

Trade down, but only if absolutely necessary. Stay true to your board.
My thoughts exactly.

Hopefully these guys can put together a strong board. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to get the guys we want with the picks and slots that we have.

Frazod
01-05-2008, 02:49 PM

Wasn't he part of the career day hit parade against our shitty defense a couple of years ago?

I wonder how much that game caused his career stats to be overinflated. :shake:

Bowser
01-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Wasn't he part of the career day hit parade against our shitty defense a couple of years ago?

I wonder how much that game caused his career stats to be overinflated. :shake:

Yep. Warfield wasburnt twice on strikes to Lee Evans (although Warfield did have decent coverage for a change).

That was also the game that kept Vermeil's '05 team out of the playoffs, but I guess you could blame the Dalls and Philly games for that as well.

Mecca
01-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Losman made 2 great throws in that game and that was it..

The Chiefs lost that game because the wind was blowing at about 40mph and they kept having Green chuck it downfield and he threw 4 Ints.

Bowser
01-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Losman made 2 great throws in that game and that was it..

The Chiefs lost that game because the wind was blowing at about 40mph and they kept having Green chuck it downfield and he threw 4 Ints.

Didn't LJ have over 100 yards in the first half, then ran it like 5 times in the second half?

Mecca
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Something like that.

kcxiv
01-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Even if the Chiefs draft a QB with their first pick, I think it should be clear that Croyle is starting next year and he's sitting for a year.
YOu still need another younger quarterback. YOu dont go into the season with Huard as your back up again.

Frazod
01-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I just remember that we knocked out their starter, and the people in the game thread were all happy about us facing their backup. Then their backup kicked our ass. :banghead:

Bump
01-05-2008, 03:23 PM
maybe some of you who are interested in him are only interested in him because you've probably only seen him play vs us when him & Lee Evans torched us a year or 2 ago

Eleazar
01-05-2008, 03:27 PM

It would be funny if we drafted a QB who was in the room at the draft, and he just broke down sobbing.

Bump
01-05-2008, 03:30 PM
It would be funny if we drafted a QB who was in the room at the draft, and he just broke down sobbing.

ya I could see a suttle "ah f*ck!" look on his face

Simply Red
01-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Losman sucks.
eh, maybe. But I do remember he kicked our collective asses about three years ago... For that game anyway; he didn't suck...

kcxiv
01-05-2008, 03:41 PM
eh, maybe. But I do remember he kicked our collective asses about three years ago... For that game anyway; he didn't suck...
3-4-5 years ago, every quarterbacked besides Vick has career days against the Chiefs.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2008, 05:03 PM
i'll just wait until Carl tells me whether Losman is great or not./Luzap

cookster50
01-05-2008, 05:30 PM
you can't just throw bodies at the problem.
But apparently you can throw Brodies at the problem...

LiL stumppy
01-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I like him, good athlete with speed.

chagrin
01-05-2008, 06:07 PM
But apparently you can throw Brodies at the problem...

Precisely - we already have a QB who can throw 12/23, 120 1/3
we don't back him up with a duplicate.

Seriously though, at least Brodie has real talent and is a helluva more realistic option than JP Losman - who should still be in college, he doesn't even think fast enough to be in the arena league.

dj56dt58
01-05-2008, 06:08 PM
You should have to pass an iq test to be able to post here..

chagrin
01-05-2008, 06:09 PM
I like him, good athlete with speed.

Other than the game against KC 3 years ago, have you seen that guy play..ever?

Frazod
01-05-2008, 06:34 PM
You should have to pass an iq test to be able to post here..

That would certainly do away with the need to upgrade the server.

Mecca
01-05-2008, 06:37 PM
JP Losman was ok in the second half of last year, it's the only time he showed any development and then this year started and he was back to what he was before.

Ironically Losman and Croyle have a very similar skill set...there's really no reason to have 2 of the same guy.

alanm
01-05-2008, 06:51 PM
By the way
who the **** wouldn't want out of Buffalo
If Buffalo can actually get a QB they'll make a run at the East Crown next year. I really think NE will fall off next year. Their getting damn old and this year I believe is their last big push. Not to mention best push.

Rasputin
01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
If Buffalo can actually get a QB they'll make a run at the East Crown next year. I really think NE will fall off next year. Their getting damn old and this year I believe is their last big push. Not to mention best push.

How about giving NE, San Frans first round pick Isn't it like top 3 or 4?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 09:10 PM
We already have Losman. His name is Croyle.

I don't need to read the rest of this thread. All I wanted to see, I just saw.

Rasputin
01-05-2008, 09:27 PM
How about we get a freeking O-LINE that blocks people and gives a young QB a chance for success!! Brodie could have and probly would have done better if he had a REAL O-line for his first year starting QB.

We go years with kick Ass O-line but Old QBs that are past their prime but the first time we have a young QB he is on an absolute pathetic team. WTF give Brodie a chance behind a good O-line a decent O-line that would give him the opportunity for success so he can prove that he is or isn't the right guy. From what I've seen is he can be successfull if given a better chance behind a good O-line to do so. Brodie is getting unfair ridicule becouse the rest of the team made him look bad.

It is not enough for a first year starting QB to go out and learn and be able to make mistakes to learn from but he has to do it on a bad football team. This was a bad football team before Brodie got his starts he just had to make the best of it and I think he did fine.

Brodies #1 WR is a rookie, his RB is a rookie, he had options like Jeff Webb, Sammie Parker, K. Wilson, Grigsby, and a HOF TE that teams KNOW is going to get the ball. Basically Brodie got his start on a bad football team and he is the guy getting slammed for the inept coaching and Carl Peterson neglect to fix the O-line. Brodie held strong in the pocket, oops, there was no pocket. Brodie made the best of the situation and did not complain or put blame but put it on his shoulders and I admire that about him.

Micjones
01-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Reading is fundamental.

I read what you posted. I just have my own opinion.
Dad... Damn.

Micjones
01-05-2008, 10:26 PM
He's basically a player with more development that is what Croyle is....you shouldn't want a player on your team that is basically the same thing you already have.

Actually he's a proven commodity.
He's a serviceable QB and he's proven that at this point.
Croyle hasn't.

And just having the opportunity won't necessarily get him there...

Micjones
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
How about we get a freeking O-LINE that blocks people and gives a young QB a chance for success!! Brodie could have and probly would have done better if he had a REAL O-line for his first year starting QB.

We go years with kick Ass O-line but Old QBs that are past their prime but the first time we have a young QB he is on an absolute pathetic team. WTF give Brodie a chance behind a good O-line a decent O-line that would give him the opportunity for success so he can prove that he is or isn't the right guy. From what I've seen is he can be successfull if given a better chance behind a good O-line to do so. Brodie is getting unfair ridicule becouse the rest of the team made him look bad.

It is not enough for a first year starting QB to go out and learn and be able to make mistakes to learn from but he has to do it on a bad football team. This was a bad football team before Brodie got his starts he just had to make the best of it and I think he did fine.

Brodies #1 WR is a rookie, his RB is a rookie, he had options like Jeff Webb, Sammie Parker, K. Wilson, Grigsby, and a HOF TE that teams KNOW is going to get the ball. Basically Brodie got his start on a bad football team and he is the guy getting slammed for the inept coaching and Carl Peterson neglect to fix the O-line. Brodie held strong in the pocket, oops, there was no pocket. Brodie made the best of the situation and did not complain or put blame but put it on his shoulders and I admire that about him.

That's funny... Damon Huard was productive with the very same players.

milkman
01-05-2008, 10:31 PM

No, actually he wasn't.

But if he actually had been, it could have been attributed to experience.

I don't know that brodie will ever amount to anything, but I do know that Huard sucks ass and will never lead a team anywhere.

Rasputin
01-05-2008, 10:38 PM

He had some success but damn how long has he been in the league? He wasn't that successfull and I would still go with the younger QB so he can live and learn. You all know huh. So what a young QB made some mistakes he can go into this offseason studdy film and learn from them. This was still the most pathetic O-line out there and that is not the best way for a young QB to go be successfull with. Brodie looked good in relief of Huard in other games this year. Huard was better in the Lions game & the play calling was somewhat better too.

You want to build confidence in a young QB so you give him a chance for success with it's called BLOCKING. Brodie's last drive for a TD against the JETS he had that and went 6 for 8 on a 80 yard drive. The rest of the game before that he had defenders right on top of him for the whole game.

Mecca
01-05-2008, 10:40 PM

They really aren't that old.. as long as they have Brady they have an advantage also...

Expect a nice rebuild job in the draft this year from them the draft is deep in positions they can use.

FloridaMan88
01-06-2008, 12:00 AM
JP's seeking a trade.

Is this a guy you good people in Chiefs Kingdom would want the organization to part with a Middle Rounder for?

Why would the Chiefs give up anything for a guy who is worse than Hutard or Croyle?

Micjones
01-06-2008, 04:55 AM
Why would the Chiefs give up anything for a guy who is worse than Hutard or Croyle?

Worse than Croyle?

I think last season's numbers would say otherwise...

chagrin
01-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Worse than Croyle?

Croyle hasn't even started a full season yet, there is no comparison. JP has better receivers, a better line (yes, it's true) and can't hit the open guy. He bails out under pressure and holds on to the ball too long.

These are plainly obvious, how can you not recognize that?

Sanka
01-06-2008, 07:33 AM
SCREW THE HATERS!!!! BRODIES STILL THE FUTURE!!!!!!!

morphius
01-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Worse than Croyle?

8 games, 4 TD's and 6 Int's is supposed to make me want the guy?

OnTheWarpath15
01-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I read what you posted. I just have my own opinion.
Dad... Damn.

I agree with your opinion as well, it just read like you thought those were the ONLY reasons why.

There aren't enough fingers and toes around here to count all of the reasons......