PDA

View Full Version : Enough. This Hannah Montana $#!& is out of conrol.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Seriously. For concert tickets?

People are effed up.

How about telling your spoiled brat children NO once and a while?

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=291124&GT1=7701

GARLAND, Texas (AP) -- A woman apologized Friday for a "bad decision" in helping her 6-year-old daughter win tickets to a "Hannah Montana" concert with an essay that falsely claimed the girl's father died in Iraq.

Priscilla Ceballos said she hadn't intended to mislead the contest sponsor but got caught up in helping her daughter "realize her dream of seeing Hannah Montana."

"Instead I brought so much negative attention to my family," Ceballos said, reading a statement on NBC's "Today" show. "Please accept my heartfelt apology and please do not punish my child for my mistake."

Ceballos apologized specifically to the military and military families for falsely claiming the girl's father died in a roadside bombing in Iraq.

"I just wanted to help my daughter write a compelling story," she said. "There is no more compelling story than the struggle and sacrifices of our military and their families."

Officials with Chicago-based chain Club Libby Lu surprised the girl with the tickets and a makeover Dec. 28 at a store in a suburban Dallas mall. Club Libby Lu sells clothes, accessories and games for young girls.

The essay won her the grand prize: airfare for four to Albany, N.Y., and four tickets to the sold-out Hannah Montana concert Jan. 9. The opening line in the essay was: "My daddy died this year in Iraq."

Ceballos admitted later in the day to store officials that the essay and the military information she provided about her daughter's father were untrue.

Club Libby Lu withdrew the prize the next day and awarded it to another unnamed contestant.

"I meant no disrespect," Ceballos said on the "Today" show. "I just made a bad decision which I sincerely regret."

HolmeZz
01-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Re

TN_Chief
01-05-2008, 05:22 PM
You should have read the letters to the editor and reader comments in The Star when the Sprint Center sold out so quickly.

****in' parents and their brats.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Sorry.

I thought a thread with Hannah Montana in the title would be easy to spot.

Either it didn't, or I just missed it.

Sorry.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2008, 05:37 PM
You should have read the letters to the editor and reader comments in The Star when the Sprint Center sold out so quickly.

****in' parents and their brats.

Yep, same way here in STL.

01-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Sorry.

I thought a thread with Hannah Montana in the title would be easy to spot.

Either it didn't, or I just missed it.

Sorry.
Tell the repost police where to stick it Chip. Don't be shy. :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2008, 05:42 PM
It's a friggin kid. You tell the stupid bastard that styrofoam is entertaining and the proto-mongoloid will play with it for days.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Tell the repost police where to stick it Chip. Don't be shy. :)

Yeah, repost police.

Stick it up your......

Anyway, after a more detailed search, it appears this technically IS NOT a repost, as this article is about the mom actually showing some fake remorse and apologizing. Something she didn't do before yesterday.

Either way, it's sick.

What a wonderful sense of entitlement our young ones are developing.

memyselfI
01-05-2008, 05:50 PM
These are the same folks trampling over people to buy their kids Wiis on Black Friday. Same damn mindset.

ClevelandBronco
01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
It's really just Billy Ray Cyrus fever.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 06:04 PM
When this first came down I hoped they wouldn't punish the kid for her mothers stupidity. Now, I'm glad they did it. Obviously mom wasn't going to teach neccessary lessons in the first place. Now we as society have done it for her. Sad, but hell, we feed most of these irresponsible mothers children, why not step it up a notch?

Hammock Parties
01-05-2008, 07:02 PM
When this first came down I hoped they wouldn't punish the kid for her mothers stupidity. Now, I'm glad they did it. Obviously mom wasn't going to teach neccessary lessons in the first place. Now we as society have done it for her. Sad, but hell, we feed most of these irresponsible mothers children, why not step it up a notch?

man, i agree big time.

it seems that our society is all about letting other people parent children rather than the parents, because the parents don't want to have to do it themselves. So they try to make the media do it by cutting curse words from TV and Radio and many more things like that.

CoMoChief
01-05-2008, 07:05 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/151/10973~Billy-Ray-Cyrus-Posters.jpg

DON'T TALK ABOUT MY DAUGHTER LIKE THAT!!!!

alanm
01-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Hannah Montana's a slut.

Sully
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
This story breaks my heart.

My Achy Breaky Heart.

SPchief
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
This story breaks my heart.

My Achy Breaky Heart.

I hate you.

alanm
01-05-2008, 07:14 PM
No really seriously. Once these kids get shown the door by Disney because their too old they become degenerates. Just ask Linsey Lohan and Brittany Spears and Annett Funichello. ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
No really seriously. Once these kids get shown the door by Disney because their too old they become degenerates. Just ask Linsey Lohan and Brittany Spears and Annett Funichello. ROFL

Menudo paved the way.

Skip Towne
01-05-2008, 07:33 PM
What happened to Annette?

alanm
01-05-2008, 07:42 PM
What happened to Annette?
Nothing. She turned out to be a upstanding citizen.
Though I hear she suffers from Parkinsons.

Skip Towne
01-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Nothing. She turned out to be a upstanding citizen.
Though I hear she suffers from Parkinsons.
Wikipedia said multiple sclerosis. Why did you put her in with those zeroes?

dtebbe
01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
One has to wonder how long will it be before Hannah Montannah is making pantyless exits from vehicles?

DT

Jenson71
01-05-2008, 08:20 PM
One has to wonder how long will it be before Hannah Montannah is making pantyless exits from vehicles?

DT

Not a day goes by where I don't think about that same thing.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Not a day goes by where I don't think about that same thing.

What, is she like 13? Freak.

Megbert
01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
OK I must confess to doing something along the same lines.

I was around 13 and was at the drive in movies with my dad and step mom. She happens to be in a wheelchair. I was sitting in her wheelchair outside the van near the 'ramp'. These 2 slightly older girls probably 15-16 walk by. They look over at me and I proceed to make eye contact then look towards the ground. They both gasp and say something along the lines of 'look at that poor boy in the wheelchair'.

I didn't get anything either. But I didn't have to make an apology either.

Simplex3
01-05-2008, 08:58 PM
"I meant no disrespect," Ceballos said on the "Today" show. "I just made a bad decision which I sincerely regret."
If you were sorry for what you had done you wouldn't be wanting the prize. I'm guessing this bitch is a lot more sorry she got caught.

kcxiv
01-05-2008, 09:01 PM
my neighbors 2 daugthers are in freaking love with Hannah. She didnt take them to the concert though. She goes **** that. lol

kcfanXIII
01-05-2008, 09:25 PM

last night i was trying to get some election coverage from the cable news networks. i flipped through msnbc, foxnews, cnn headline news, and cnn. ALL four were reporting on that dumb slut britany. i couldn't handle it, flipping through all of them just hearing "britany goes... britany.... britany's kids..."

if i want to hear about britany, or any other hollywood type, i'll watch entertainment tonight, or read about it on the planet. at least here, its viewed with general disgust by all.

milkman
01-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Okay, I finally have to ask.

Who the hell is Hannah Montana?

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
ROFL Milkman Jr!

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 09:39 PM

Mr. Flopnuts Sr. LMAO

Frazod
01-05-2008, 09:53 PM
If you were sorry for what you had done you wouldn't be wanting the prize. I'm guessing this bitch is a lot more sorry she got caught.

This bitch should be publicly flogged.

HemiEd
01-05-2008, 09:57 PM

The latest teenage Disney created dream girl for the kids. My grandsons are pie eyed over her.

Baby Lee
01-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Wikipedia said multiple sclerosis. Why did you put her in with those zeroes?
Different kind of degenerate.

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2008, 07:51 AM
No really seriously. Once these kids get shown the door by Disney because their too old they become degenerates. Just ask Linsey Lohan and Brittany Spears and Annett Funichello. ROFLThat's a lot of setup for an MS joke.

Skip Towne
01-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Some dude on here said his 13 year old daughter was just two episodes of Hannah Montana away from being legally retarded.

Kerberos
01-06-2008, 07:59 AM

Billy Ray Cyrus' Kid.

Myle Cyrus

Plays in a lame assed disney show called Hannah Montana and flipping kids are going NUTS over her.

Scalpers are getting $500 and better for tickets to her show from rich parents for thier spoiled brat children.

Society made this chick tell false tales to get her kid a ticket. :rolleyes:

Bob Dole
01-06-2008, 08:34 AM
This bitch should be publicly flogged.

Local reports here are claiming that the mother still contends that the contest rules didn't specify that the essay be true.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Local reports here are claiming that the mother still contends that the contest rules didn't specify that the essay be true.

There's only one solution:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/allDHk14Nes&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/allDHk14Nes&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

luv
01-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I heard this story on the radio a few days ago. The mother apparently was quoted as saying that she was willing to do whatever it took to get the tickets, even if it meant setting a bad example. I heard that they investigated the story, not that she fessed up to it. Either way....