PDA

View Full Version : Great De La Salle reference from Madden (Maurice Drew)

Mojo Rising
01-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Madden lives within 10 miles of DLS. Drew was part of the DLS dynasty that set the consecutive victory record at 12 years (151 in a row.)

DLS travelled to So Cal and Hawaii and faced the best during this run. My cousin was on the team that the record started on. He lost his starting WR job to Amani Toomer. Toomer was one of the few NFL stars from DLS.

The most memorable game Drew played in was vs. Long Beach Poly.

Poly sent almost 20 players to D1 schools. DLS sent 3. DLS dominated LBP with undersized, less athletic players. DLS plays with discipline and as a team.

I remember the O line woring as a unit while dominating the LOS vs. much bigger D Lineman and Linebackers. Drew had at least 2 TD's in that game.

CoMoChief
01-05-2008, 07:50 PM
2001 Blue Springs would have kicked their ass.

Mojo Rising
01-05-2008, 07:57 PM
That's what Mater Day and Long Beach Poly said. DLS once beat Mater Day in a sold out Angel Stadium.

DLS faced much stiffer talent that Missouri could muster during their 12 year run.

So Cal sends a ton of talent to the NFL and DLS travelled south once a year to beat their best.

kcxiv
01-05-2008, 08:20 PM
yep DLS is insane. Them boys just dont lose.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 08:21 PM
That's what Mater Day and Long Beach Poly said. DLS once beat Mater Day in a sold out Angel Stadium.

DLS faced much stiffer talent that Missouri could muster during their 12 year run.

So Cal sends a ton of talent to the NFL and DLS travelled south once a year to beat their best.

Bellevue WA kicked their asses, ended their streak, and then rinsed and repeated on Long Beach Poly.

kcxiv
01-05-2008, 08:24 PM
After 12 years your bound to lose. lol

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 08:27 PM

They ended up having like 3 losses that year too. Bellevue beat them, then the wheels fell off. I was pissed too, because I thought it took away from one hell of an accomplishment by the Wolverines of Bellevue.

milkman
01-05-2008, 08:28 PM

Your what?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Your what?

Don't pick on him Dad, he probably got a better edumactation than you ever afforded me. You cheap son of a bitch!!! Check's in the mail, check's in the mail, I hate you.

milkman
01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Don't pick on him Dad, he probably got a better edumactation than you ever afforded me. You cheap son of a bitch!!! Check's in the mail, check's in the mail, I hate you.

I knew your mother would cash those checks and lie about getting them.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I knew your mother would cash those checks and lie about getting them.

Hmm. I never could understand why she was smoking crack and I was eating ketchup and crackers.

siberian khatru
01-05-2008, 09:22 PM
This may be a Chiefs Planet first: A whole thread dedicated to West Coast high school football.

Mojo Rising
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
This may be a Chiefs Planet first: A whole thread dedicated to West Coast high school football.

I guess the next time Madden calls out Rockhurst or any other good KC Area HS team it will deserve a thread.

Hawaii Chief (or whatever his name was before he abandoned ship) was an Assistant Coach for St Louis HS which had a good squad (I attended Chaminade U with whom we split a campus during their run) and lost to DLS.

He claimed that DLS waited until SLH's Coach retired to play them. The fact is that DLS had so many commitments to play other out of region games that it took a while to work them in.

The trip to Seattle proves the point. Over a 12 year period they beat everyone in their conference while travelling to beat the best elsewhere.

AZChief
01-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Mission Viejo beat DLS that year too. Mark Sanchez (USC) was the QB.

I played for MV in 86-89 so I guess I don't get any credit in the win...

Mojo Rising
01-06-2008, 12:52 AM
If Sanchez would have been a good enough QB then Booty wouldn't have remained in the loss to Stanford. Sanchez is a big ?

BTW, my other cousin is the Punter for USC. 44 Woidneck

Next year is his last year with the team so they need to win it all.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Hmm. I never could understand why she was smoking crack and I was eating ketchup and "The Man"s.

WTF I typed crackers.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-06-2008, 02:43 AM
WTF I typed "The Man"s.

LMAO

c r a c k e r = "The Man"

Priceless.