PDA

View Full Version : Marty to interview for Ravens

Sanka
01-06-2008, 11:48 AM
and that scum bucket Solari is on his staff!!

blueballs
01-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Brown-Red-Maroon-Blue-Purple
like a bruise

Deberg_1990
01-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Solari will easily be hired again as a O-line coach.

Bane
01-06-2008, 11:50 AM
WOW! Im glad their not in the afc west.

Rasputin
01-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Is he wanting the HC job or GM job?

Sanka
This would be his second stint with the "Browns."

el borracho
If Marty is hired, I predict that the Ravens will have twice as many wins as the Chiefs next season.

Sanka
01-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Is he wanting the HC job or GM job?
They were not specic on Fox pre-game. They just said he would be interviewing and Cam and Solari would be on his staff.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2008, 11:54 AM
he would be interviewing and Cam and Solari would be on his staff.

hey .... but at least we still have Carl

Rasputin
01-06-2008, 11:55 AM
They were not specic on Fox pre-game. They just said he would be interviewing and Cam and Solari would be on his staff.

I don't see Cam being the HC or Solari being the OC either. I am going to asume they want Marty to be HC. Solari will be the O-line coach and Cam will be OC then probly.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Marty should be coaching somewhere, i think the Ravens would def. be a good fit. Too bad he'd take Cameron and Solari with him.

Bane
01-06-2008, 11:57 AM

hey .... but at least we still have Carl
ROFL Great!!!!!

Bane
01-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Marty should be coaching somewhere, i think the Ravens would def. be a good fit. Too bad he'd take Cameron and Solari with him.
Yeah he is way too good of a coach to be sitting out.Just like his lil buddy Cower.

el borracho
01-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Oooh, imagine the supercrew of Marty as GM, Cowher as HC, Cameron as OC and Rob Ryan as DC.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2008, 12:04 PM
If Marty is hired, I predict that the Ravens will have twice as many wins as the Chiefs next season.

so 4 wins for Marty then?

Extra Point
01-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Oooh, imagine the supercrew of Marty as GM, Cowher as HC, Cameron as OC and Rob Ryan as DC.
Let 'em win the SB in two years, then we finally can hire Cowher as GM. For a LONG time.

Baby Lee
01-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Can you imagine Marty AND Ray-Ray pumping up a group of young bucks?
A QB might actually DIE!!!

And if he's watching, Gaz would die with a creamy pool in his short shorts.

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Well there is another team in the AFC that people wont have to worry about in the playoffs...

Martha will win, but choke on his own schlong when it matters the most..

The Ravens are desperate, very desperate if they are considering Martha.

Sure-Oz
01-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Well there is another team in the AFC that people wont have to worry about in the playoffs...

we don't even get into position to choke when it matters

Bane
01-06-2008, 12:45 PM

Only every time we go 13-3.

TEX
01-06-2008, 12:52 PM

I agree. Cam as OC and Solari as OL coach. And we have a double-talking - under-the-bus-throwing-preacher with a "plan." ... :shake: ROFL

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
ROFL

Well at least we have "THE PLAN"

ROFL

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree. Cam as OC and Solari as OL coach. And we have a double-talking - under-the-bus-throwing-preacher with a "plan." ... :shake: ROFL
LMAO

jjchieffan
01-06-2008, 12:59 PM

Holy crap! You mean the Ravens will win 18 games next year? :ROFL:

milkman
01-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Solari will easily be hired again as a O-line coach.

I still believe most of you have Solari overrated as an O-Line coach.

If he takes on the same responsibilty elsewhere that he had in KC, then he'll do a good job.

But if he is on Marty's staff if Marty gets hired, and an asst. line coach isn't hired to actually do the teaching, then I have very little doubt that he will be equally as competent as the line coach as he was an OC.

Quiet Storm
01-06-2008, 01:01 PM
If the Falcons had any sense they would have already had Schott and Buddy Nix locked up.

Skip Towne
01-06-2008, 01:04 PM

Yeah I'd hate to have the 5th winningest coach of all time. You are ignorant beyond belief.

FAX
01-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I still believe most of you have Solari overrated as an O-Line coach....

I agree, Mr. milkman. His situation is actually very similar to Gun's. Having three pro-bowlers on your line plus Gonzo and Dunn can make you look like a genius. The same is true with Gunther. When his defense is stacked with pro-bowl talent, he can call anything he wants.

FAX

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah I'd hate to have the 5th winningest coach of all time. You are ignorant beyond belief.
Especially that boasts a playoff record of what 5-14/15.....

I might be ignorant, but at least I can see through the smoke.

You can have all the Marty you want, but I want my team to compete for super bowls and championships, Something Marty has failed to do on a consistent basis...

spin that masterful playoff records Skippy....

Quiet Storm
01-06-2008, 01:12 PM

You can have all the Marty you want, but I want my team to compete for super bowls and championships, Something Marty has failed to do on a consistent basis...

Martys a great coach. And if it wasn't for horse face he would probably have a ring.

milkman
01-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Martys a great coach. And if it wasn't for horse face he would probably have a ring.

No.

If it wasn't for Marty's play not to lose mentally that made Elway one of the all time great comeback QBs of all time, then Marty might have a ring.

Skip Towne
01-06-2008, 01:16 PM

I don't expect your pea brain to comprehend it but to spew the same ignorance over and over for two years is a little much. S-T-F-U

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 01:16 PM

Marty always get an excuse......

Well if it wasn't for this or that, Horse face, Elliot, Byner, Brady, etc... Marty would have a ring...

Hum, one constant on all those teams that have been regular season power houses and post season out houses and his name is Marty...

Spin it how you want, but if you are just concerned about regular season success and filling the stands (Chiefs Fans) then Marty is the guy.

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't expect your pea brain to comprehend it but to spew the same ignorance over and over for two years is a little much. S-T-F-U

You sound like a broken record old man... Put me back on ignore and take another shot of Metamucial, You seem a little low on fiber....

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 01:20 PM
No.

If it wasn't for Marty's play not to lose mentally that made Elway one of the all time great comeback QBs of all time, then Marty might have a ring.

or if he would of involved LT in the second half in that playoff game, he might of taken the best team he as ever built further than his traditional first game exit.

Marty is the sole reason he is a great regular season coach and a complete dumbass in the playoffs.

milkman
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
or if he would of involved LT in the second half in that playoff game, he might of taken the best team he as ever built further than his traditional first game exit.

Marty is the sole reason he is a great regular season coach and a complete dumbass in the playoffs.

I'll say this.

I believe that Marty finally learned that he wasn't suited to call plays, and allowed Cam Cameron to handle the offense for the Chargers.

While Marty, as HC, is ultimately responsible for the Chargers inability advance, blame for playcalling falls squarely on Cameron in that playoff loss.

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I'll say this.

I believe that Marty finally learned that he wasn't suited to call plays, and allowed Cam Cameron to handle the offense for the Chargers.

While Marty, as HC, is ultimately responsible for the Chargers inability advance, blame for playcalling falls squarely on Cameron in that playoff loss.

Agreed, but the dude is just cursed, always has been and will go down as the best regular season coach to never win a championship...

Marty will always be associated with playoff chokes.... History cant deny that.

FringeNC
01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
If Marty wants Cam on his staff, it shows maybe that Marty has scrapped his not-to-lose offensive philosophy for good. Marty with Cam and Solari would be an impressive staff.

the Talking Can
01-06-2008, 01:35 PM
smart hire

FringeNC
01-06-2008, 01:36 PM
I'll say this.

I dunno. Rivers played pretty bad that game. I am not sure if I blame Marty or Cam. That playoff loss wasn't the standard Marty loss.

Quiet Storm
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I sincerely hope Marty can get to a Super Bowl. Lord willin, through the NFC.

milkman
01-06-2008, 01:39 PM
I dunno. Rivers played pretty bad that game. I am not sure if I blame Marty or Cam. That playoff loss wasn't the standard Marty loss.

All the more reason to blame Cameron for not utilizing Tomlinson more in the second half.

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 01:43 PM
All the more reason to blame Cameron for not utilizing Tomlinson more in the second half.

All the reason to prove Marty can't get it done when it counts... Marty is the HC and could advise "HIS" staff to adjust or use LT....

milkman
01-06-2008, 01:46 PM
All the reason to prove Marty can't get it done when it counts... Marty is the HC and could advise "HIS" staff to adjust or use LT....

You see the problem here?

Marty gets blame when he sticks his nose into the playcalling, and he still gets blame when he doesn't.

Halfcan
01-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Marty is over the hill.

Reerun_KC
01-06-2008, 02:03 PM
You see the problem here?

Marty gets blame when he sticks his nose into the playcalling, and he still gets blame when he doesn't.
Yep, sure do.....

Marty will never get credit, until he actually accomplishes something by winning a super bowl...

The good thing about this, is Skip will become a Ravens fan, where he can post on their board and enjoy his daily knob slobbering of Marty...

beavis
01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Marty will never get credit, until he actually accomplishes something by winning a super bowl...
I'm still amazed that after what's happened since he left KC, people still bash the guy. Is there any doubt now that he was the ONLY reason we were a playoff team every year?

the Talking Can
01-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm still amazed that after what's happened since he left KC, people still bash the guy. Is there any doubt now that he was the ONLY reason we were a playoff team every year?

no

milkman
01-06-2008, 02:22 PM

No one questions his ability to coach in the regular season.

Marty might well be the greatest regular season coach ever.

But he sucked in the postseason.

Greatness is not measured by regular season success.

It's measured by postseason success.

It's why John Madden and Hank Stram are in the HoF and Chuck Knox isn't.

siberian khatru
01-06-2008, 02:24 PM

Exactly.

If you've got a moribund franchise you need to resurrect and become competitive year in and year out, Marty is your man.

Eventually, though, you'll want to take the next step, and that's when Marty breaks your heart.

blueballs
01-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Marty is over the hill.

So are the Ravens
it's rebuild time in Baltimore

Dr.Fine
01-06-2008, 02:27 PM

pretty much sums it up! HOF'er second guessed by a cubicle-coach, lol!

milkman
01-06-2008, 02:29 PM
pretty much sums it up! HOF'er second guessed by a cubicle-coach, lol!

My money says that Marty, unless he gets another coaching opportunity and actually advances to the SB, will not get into the HoF.

Dr.Fine
01-06-2008, 02:31 PM
"a fool and his money"...

TEX
01-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Marty is over the hill.

ROFL Herm should be as "over" it.

I LOVE MArty because he FIRED HERM - uh - rather refused to renew his contract. :rolleyes: He knew what he was doing.

milkman
01-06-2008, 02:36 PM
"a fool and his money"...

Yeah, it'll take time, but we'll see.

As I said, Chuck Knox isn't in, and Marty just passed him to become the winningest coach ever to never coach in the SB (NFL Championship), and Knox has a better playoff record.

TEX
01-06-2008, 03:07 PM
My money says that Marty, unless he gets another coaching opportunity and actually advances to the SB, will not get into the HoF.

I bet you're correct.

FloridaMan88
01-06-2008, 04:03 PM

In other words the Ravens will have 2 wins next season

ChiefsFanatic
01-06-2008, 04:08 PM

I totally agree.

Thig Lyfe
01-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Watch them win a Super Bowl if this happens.

ChiefsLV
01-06-2008, 04:32 PM

QFT. The guy is just cursed when it comes to the playoffs. Usually his teams look scared and unprepared (in the playoffs).

FAX
01-06-2008, 04:36 PM
QFT. The guy is just cursed when it comes to the playoffs. Usually his teams look scared and unprepared (in the playoffs).

Better than looking scared and unprepared in the regular season, Mr. ChiefsLV.

Herm says he has a plan for that, though.

FAX

Marcellus
01-06-2008, 04:38 PM
I was ready for Marty to leave when he left but to be honest I would take him back in a second over most other options out there including our current coach.

It took Cowher what 15 years with the same team to win the big one and he had a lot of help from the refs.

Dungy had the same post season rep until last year when he finally won the big one.

To judge everything by SB wins is insane anyway. By that logic we should go get Billick because he won a SB so he is obviously a better coach than Marty, and well, 90% of the current active coaches.

The Ravens must be idiotic to fire him. There is a SB winning coach right there for us if we want him. Dammit Carl!

ChiefsLV
01-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Better than looking scared and unprepared in the regular season, Mr. ChiefsLV.

Herm says he has a plan for that, though.

FAX

Wasn't comparing Herm to Marty, but ok, yeah it is. Still doesn't mean I want Marty here for only for his regular season success.

Dr.Fine
01-06-2008, 05:09 PM
...they paved paradise, put up a parking lot, bopbopbopbop

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I was ready for Marty to leave when he left but to be honest I would take him back in a second over most other options out there including our current coach.

It took Cowher what 15 years with the same team to win the big one and he had a lot of help from the refs.

Dungy had the same post season rep until last year when he finally won the big one.

To judge everything by SB wins is insane anyway. By that logic we should go get Billick because he won a SB so he is obviously a better coach than Marty, and well, 90% of the current active coaches.

The Ravens must be idiotic to fire him. There is a SB winning coach right there for us if we want him. Dammit Carl!

Cowher and Marty are not the same. Cowher experimented with real offenses.

Skip Towne
01-06-2008, 05:21 PM
What's amazing is the billionaires who line up to hire Marty while the $8 help here on the Planet criticizes.

old_geezer
01-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I was happy to see him go but I'd take him in a heartbeat over what we've had here since.

mikey23545
01-06-2008, 05:51 PM
What's amazing is the billionaires who line up to hire Marty while the $8 help here on the Planet criticizes.

Rep for you.

It's amazing how Marty is the best coach to never win it all, and at the same time we have 200 of the greatest coaches to never win a single game all posting here on the Planet.

Eleazar
01-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Baltimore wants the Marty minus Carl formula.

el borracho
01-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I hope Marty wins the SuperBowl one of these days and, as a celebration, punches Peterson in the forehead leaving a permanent imprint of the ring.

milkman
01-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Rep for you.

It's amazing how Marty is the best coach to never win it all, and at the same time we have 200 of the greatest coaches to never win a single game all posting here on the Planet.

Who is trying to coach?

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Marty has won a lot of regular season games, but has only 5 playoff wins in all his years of coaching.

Marty has never advanced to the SB, even when his teams have the best regular season record and have earned homefield advantage throughout.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Cowher and Marty are not the same. Cowher experimented with real offenses.

So Marty's offense last year wasn't real?

Chiefsmanshouldgetaclue.

The Bad Guy
01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I also love how, in order to criticize something or someone, you actually have to be qualified to do the job now. So all of you assholes living in DC Planet, you should just stop discussing topics because none of you have the qualifications to be President.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Marty has never advanced to the SB, even when his teams have the best regular season record and have earned homefield advantage throughout.

How many times has that happened for Marty now?

4 or 5 times with Home Field advantage??

I doubt any other coach has ever managed that feat that many times and never advanced to the Super Bowl.

mikey23545
01-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I also love how, in order to criticize something or someone, you actually have to be qualified to do the job now. So all of you assholes living in DC Planet, you should just stop discussing topics because none of you have the qualifications to be President.

Sorry, The Fag Guy, but when you make all sorts of comments about how you would have done this, or made that decision, or brought in so-and-so player, yeah, you are saying you would be the better coach.

Of course all you are really saying is that you have 20-20 hindsight and no pressure to make all your armchair decisions.

I bet Marty tosses and turns in bed every night wishing he had the football acumen of all you geniuses.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-06-2008, 11:24 PM
No.

Exactly. You could've substituted John Elway for Ken O'freakinBrien and had the same results.

BTW, There's a gleam, in Baltimore.

keg in kc
01-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Marty must have one hell of a library of blackmail photos.

Eh, well, just thank god he's not coming here.

shyguyms
01-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Marty is better than 30 current NFL coaches, if he would of been kept in Washington more than 1 year he would of already had one.
If SD would of kept him they would of had a chance this year instead they have an idiot Norv running the show, thank god they played a horrible Tenn team today.
only 1 coach wins a super bowl each year atleast he puts his teams in position to win it all, how many other coaches have done it with more than 1 team let alone 3??????????
if Ernest Byner doesn't fumble he's got rung #1
if Carl Peterson wouldn't have spent all the money on old guy he may have had #2 and #3 in Kansas City already!!
He is in the HOF nak on that!!