PDA

View Full Version : *********Official OSU vs LSU Thread*************

Pages : [1] 2

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 11:17 AM
My first *****Official Thread*****, for the big game tonight. Care to weigh in and tell us your opinion on whats going to happen. My prediction is LSU is going to see a mean,fast and hard hitting OSU defense foaming at the mouth, ready to get rid of that debacle last year. LSU will see a heavy dose of Beanie Wells, and when they load the box look for Boeckman to make enough plays to keep them honest, boeckman has a big arm and big targets, in Ro-bo, Hartline, and the next Ted Ginn Jr, Ray Small. I am stoked for this game. Stryker maybe we should do Sig bets, to make this game fun.

My prediction:

OSU 31
LSU 17

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure-Oz
01-07-2008, 11:18 AM
GO I DON'T CARE!!!!!

Chief Pote
01-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Oh yeah....Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonzo
You used too many of these thingys: ******************************

El Jefe
Come on it's the National Championship Game, get in the Spirit!!!!!!!!

El Jefe

I know LMAO.

DaKCMan AP
I don't have a strong opinion of who's going to win this game.

Sure-Oz
01-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Come on it's the National Championship Game, get in the Spirit!!!!!!!!
I'll be watching the game tonight at my gf's parents on their 60" HDTV but i have a feeling FOX will suck at the broadcast and these 2 teams really don't interest me, hopefully they'll make it entertaining.

DaKCMan AP
Oh, wait, yes I do. :D

Skip Towne
:ZZZ:

Sure-Oz
That's how many asterisks they are going to put on Clemens records.

Chief Pote
01-07-2008, 11:21 AM
My first *****Official Thread*****, for the big game tonight. Care to weigh in and tell us your opinion on whats going to happen. My prediction is LSU is going to see a mean,fast and hard hitting OSU defense foaming at the mouth, ready to get rid of that debacle last year. LSU will see a heavy dose of Beanie Wells, and when they load the box look for Boeckman to make enough plays to keep them honest, boeckman has a big arm and big targets, in Ro-bo, Hartline, and the next Ted Ginn Jr, Ray Small. I am stoked for this game. Stryker maybe we should do Sig bets, to make this game fun.

My prediction:

OSU 31
LSU 17

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bucks have plenty to prove. I would say they are pissed and ready to play ball. I only hope for a good game. I think it's going to be closer;

OSU 24

LSU 21

Gonzo
01-07-2008, 11:22 AM
**************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** **********************************************************************The Official Asterisk post************************************************************************************************ **************************************************************************************************** **************************************************************************************************** *******************************************

Chief Pote
01-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Don't **** up the Buckeyes thread........bunch of children.

FAX
01-07-2008, 11:24 AM
The BCS has screwed things up so badly, one has to wonder what the ratings will be like for this game.

This contest feels like an afterthought, to me.

FAX

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Dont hi-jack the National Championship thread.

Chief Pote
The BCS has screwed things up so badly, one has to wonder what the ratings will be like for this game.

FAX

They'll be high in Ohio...... :p

Chief Pote
Dont hi-jack the National Championship thread.

:bravo:

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 11:26 AM

FAX

It's the National Championship, it's like the Superbowl, people watch even if they aren't huge fans of either team. It's gay that LSU got home field advantage.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 11:26 AM

I'm sure the ratings will be fine in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee as well. ;)

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 11:27 AM

Yea thats the spirit.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 11:27 AM
It's gay that LSU got home field advantage.

Will that be the excuse this year?

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Will that be the excuse this year?

Why would we need an excuse when we win?

Stryker
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
LSU 35
OSU 21

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Why would we need an excuse when we win?

You're right, LSU doesn't have a chance.

StcChief
01-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Sugar Bowl in NO
now this with LSU 90 miles away.

this is wrong.

NO needs to be washed out to sea.

Simply Red
01-07-2008, 11:35 AM
GO I DON'T CARE!!!!!

Stryker
01-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Sig bets?

Count me in! Name it.

I am COMPLETELY confident LSU will win this game.

Our defense is very good and I believe that LSU is going to get some turnovers. Throw in Matt Flynn and Ryan Perrilloux - recipe for VICTORY!

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Sig bets?

Count me in! Name it.

I am COMPLETELY confident LSU will win this game.

Our defense is very good and I believe that LSU is going to get some turnovers. Through in Matt Flynn and Ryan Perrilloux - recipe for VICTORY!

Don't you know that the Big Ten is unbeatable and that OSU always dominates the SEC in bowl games?

On a serious note, I hope more Flynn and less Perrilloux. Ryan commits dumb turnovers.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
You're right, LSU doesn't have a chance.

Well I wont listen to your opinions because you said it was "Impossible" for you to lose to Michigan, how did that game turn out?

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Don't you know that the Big Ten is unbeatable and that OSU always dominates the SEC in bowl games?

On a serious note, I hope more Flynn and less Perrilloux. Ryan commits dumb turnovers.

No you are the one who always says Big 10 is overrated and the Big 10 is so slow and cant run with SEC speed, well Michigan seemed to handle Urban Crier's speed. Harvin was gasping for air like a girl in the 4th quarter.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 11:45 AM
No you are the one who always says Big 10 is overrated and the Big 10 is so slow and cant run with SEC speed, well Michigan seemed to handle Urban Crier's speed. Harvin was gasping for air like a girl in the 4th quarter.

I guess he'd be a better player if he spent the entire game on his knees like Troy Smith.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 11:47 AM
I guess he'd be a better player if he spent the entire game on his knees like Troy Smith.

Thats so sad. Florida got beat by a team who wasnt even ranked and all you keep doing is yapping about how bad the buckeyes are, and Florida is the one who lost a game that was embarrassing. Michigan even had 4 turnovers and you still couldn't win LMAO.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Thats so sad. Florida got beat by a team who wasnt even ranked and all you keep doing is yapping about how bad the buckeyes are, and Florida is the one who lost a game that was embarrassing. Michigan even had 4 turnovers and you still couldn't win LMAO.

Yep, we got beat soundly by Michigan. How does that have anything to do with OSU never beating a SEC team in a bowl game? That streak should extend to 0-9 after tonight.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Yep, we got beat soundly by Michigan. How does that have anything to do with OSU never beating a SEC team in a bowl game? That streak should extend to 0-9 after tonight.

It has to do with you jumping in the thread and talking about how OSU sucks when your team got beat by an unranked team. You always are yapping but when the chips dont fall your way and you loose, then it's back to bashing some other team.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
It has to do with you jumping in the thread and talking about how OSU sucks when your team got beat by an unranked team. You always are yapping but when the chips dont fall your way and you loose, then it's back to bashing some other team.

Please point out where I stated that OSU "sucks".

I talk because I can and when my team loses I don't run and hide. None of that has anything to do with tonight's game, however.

Bump
01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I won't be watching.

Bearcat
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't normally think the media could have an effect on the game outside of motivation, but with so much talk about speed and the two conferences, I wonder how the players and/or coaches on OSU are going to react on the field. I mean, last year was similar since everyone though Florida would get blown out, but in the end, it was just Florida playing Urban Meyer football.

It seems to be so much more magnified this year, obviously going back to last year's blow out. They obviously aren't going to do anything drastic, but I wonder if they'll take more chances than usual and not "win with what got you there"... blitz more, get away from the run game, special special team plays, etc.

If not, I think it'll be a grind-it-out chess match in the first half... LSU will hang on in the second half to win 42-10.

(Okay, let's make it 23-17) :p

Chief Henry
01-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Iowa by 3

smittysbar
01-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Spread is LSU -3 1/2
O/U 47

This is a tough one to pick. What do some of you others think? (that isn't in love with one of these teams)

Bob Dole
01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Going to have to go for the local favorite.

Geaux Tigers.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Buckeyes are gonna come out with passion equivalent to the OSU VS Miami National Championship in 02, they are gonna be ready to knock some people out. They are tired of hearing about last year and all that SEC speed, so they are gonna be ready.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Buckeyes are gonna come out with passion equivalent to the OSU VS Miami National Championship in 02, they are gonna be ready to knock some people out. They are tired of hearing about last year and all that SEC speed, so they are gonna be ready.

Ok.

Sure-Oz
01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I heard Tebow xfered to LSU for this game

Pushead2
01-07-2008, 12:57 PM
I see the Buckeyes becoming the Atlanta Braves of college football....

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I heard Tebow xfered to LSU for this game

I heard Tony Romo's playing!

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I see the Buckeyes becoming the Atlanta Braves of college football....

Buffalo Bills

Sure-Oz
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I heard Tony Romo's playing!
Eddie Kennison is starting at WR for LSU and so is Bowe. Also a gimpy Terry Glenn is going to brave it out for the buckeyes, thats school spirit!

Chiefnj2
01-07-2008, 12:59 PM
LSU should win. Then again, I thought VT and Oklahoma were going to win.

Pushead2
01-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Buffalo Bills

They won 2002. So they would be like the Braves.....

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Buffalo Bills

Your and idiot, we won the Championship in 02.

Pushead2
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM

I only know this because I am a UM fan :(

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM

Yes, but that was against the ACC (or at the time, Big East?). You can't beat the SEC.

Pushead2
01-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Now boys do we need a timeout??

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Now boys do we need a timeout??

Dak is just sad that the all mighty Gators couldn't beat a lowly Big 10 team, he needs to change his tampon, and suck it up.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Dak is just sad that the all mighty Gators couldn't beat a lowly Big 10 team, he needs to change his tampon, and suck it up.

0-8.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Yes, but that was against the ACC (or at the time, Big East?). You can't beat the SEC.

For your info it was Miami, and they had already started printing the back-back National Champion shirts, too bad we had to spoil the fun. We beat them when they had Winslow, Mcgahee, and Sean Taylor R.I.P.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 01:29 PM
0-8.

Is that suppose to make me mad, because it doesn't.

Bearcat
01-07-2008, 01:30 PM

It is funny to see how people say it's impossible for a team to win a certain game, regardless of how many other upsets there are during the season. That game was a total shocker.

OSU has the same chance as Florida did last year when everyone thought they would lose big, and Kansas in the Orange Bowl... heck, before Michigan beat Florida it was "the Big 10 can't beat the SEC," so now it's "um, no, we guess it's just OSU who can't beat the SEC". And before Kansas/VTech, it was "oh, that great VTech D" and now it's "the ACC sucks".

Some seem to have a hard time adjusting to the parity.

DaKCMan AP
For your info it was Miami, and they had already started printing the back-back National Champion shirts, too bad we had to spoil the fun. We beat them when they had Winslow, Mcgahee, and Sean Taylor R.I.P.

Yes, I watched the game. That was nice. So what? You still haven't beaten an SEC team in a bowl game.

DaKCMan AP
Is that suppose to make me mad, because it doesn't.

41-14

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
It is funny to see how people say it's impossible for a team to win a certain game, regardless of how many other upsets there are during the season. That game was a total shocker.

OSU has the same chance as Florida did last year when everyone thought they would lose big, and Kansas in the Orange Bowl... heck, before Michigan beat Florida it was "the Big 10 can't beat the SEC," so now it's "um, no, we guess it's just OSU who can't beat the SEC". And before Kansas/VTech, it was "oh, that great VTech D" and now it's "the ACC sucks".

Some seem to have a hard time adjusting to the parity.

The difference being, of course, that Michigan had beaten a SEC team in a bowl game before. OSU hasn't. ;)

Frazod
01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Ohio State - the only team less deserving of a BCS bid than Kansas. After cruising through a cupcake schedule, at least Kansas lost to good team at a neutral site. OSU had the cupcakes and then lost to a marginally good team at home. Posted the same result during on championship Saturday, too - they didn't play. :rolleyes:

These clowns in the national title game is a sick joke. Go LSU.

Sure-Oz
01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Ohio State - the only team less deserving of a BCS bid than Kansas. After cruising through a cupcake schedule, at least Kansas lost to good team at a neutral site. OSU had the cupcakes and then lost to a marginally good team at home. Posted the same result during on championship Saturday, too - they didn't play. :rolleyes:

Exactly, go LSU as well

Pushead2
01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
I really want to say go OSU but that is against everything I stand for....

El Jefe

Go eat something tubby.

Bearcat
The difference being, of course, that Michigan had beaten a SEC team in a bowl game before. OSU hasn't. ;)
How many players/coaches on this OSU team are responsible for any of the previous 8 losses? The returning starters from last year are 0-1. I really don't know when their last SEC loss was in a bowl game before last year.

See what you've made me do? I'm defending Ohio State. I hope you're happy. :harumph:

Frazod
01-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Go eat something tubby.
Got any cupcakes left, bitch?

Pushead2
01-07-2008, 01:45 PM
mmmmm cupcakes.

Bearcat
01-07-2008, 01:46 PM

Deserving to be there is another question, and I agree..... they floated to the top, lost, and then got into the championship game by default.

I don't know if they deserved it less than Kansas though. :Poke:

Sure-Oz
01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Should WV be the real #1, they absolutely dominated, they probably could route these two teams.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Should WV be the real #1, they absolutely dominated, they probably could route these two teams.

I don't know, ask Pittsburgh.

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Everyone wants to point to that one game last year as certifiable proof that OSU is overrated. Granted, Florida was certainly the better team, but sometimes teams just don't match up well with their opponents. Personally, I don't see a ton of similarities between LSU and last year's Florida team other than that they both play in the SEC.

OSU has the best defensive talent in the country, better than LSU. My prediction: not only does OSU cover the spread, but they win outright.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Got any cupcakes left, bitch?

Thats the last thing you need, how about a slimfast?

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM

You can only find fast in the SEC.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 02:21 PM
You can only find fast in the SEC.

Yeah I guess Teddy Gin was just so slow. :rolleyes:

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah I guess Teddy Gin was just so slow. :rolleyes:

Fragile.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah that SEC speed ALMOST caught him on that Kick return, on the first play.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Fragile.
Care to elaborate, he wasn't injured in college besides that one game, so fragile......No

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Bump for the sake of it being the National Championship game.

Frazod
01-07-2008, 02:57 PM

Maybe I'll have a taco in honor of your pussy schedule.

And pussy self.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah that SEC speed ALMOST caught him on that Kick return, on the first play.

Then his slow teammates managed to catch up and injure him. Smart.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Maybe I'll have a taco in honor of your pussy schedule.

And pussy self.

That was horrible, why dont you get out of middle school or stop asking your kids what "the new jokes are". :rolleyes:
Stryker, whats the sig bet going to be?

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Then his slow teammates managed to catch up and injure him. Smart.

WTF are you talking about, I will say it again, YOUR AND IDIOT.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 03:01 PM
WTF are you talking about, I will say it again, YOUR AND IDIOT.

Ted Ginn was injured by his own teammates celebrating in the endzone last year. Genious (cp spelling).

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Stryker, whats my new sig going to be?

FYP

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Ted Ginn was injured by his own teammates celebrating in the endzone last year. Genious (cp spelling).

Your and idiot, thats a myth Teddy Gin got hurt on the run, he tried to slow down so your Southern Boys could catch him. Harvin looked awesome he almost out ran a couple wolverines.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Your and idiot,

Is that all you got?

Teddy Gin got hurt on the run,

Geez, I let it go the first couple of times but can't you at least spell your loverboy's name correctly?

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Is that all you got?

Geez, I let it go the first couple of times but can't you at least spell your loverboy's name correctly?

Oh im so sorry, I forgot about the grammar gestapo, if I add the extra N on the end would that help you sleep tonight?

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Oh im so sorry, I forgot about the grammar gestapo, if I add the extra N on the end would that help you sleep tonight?

It wouldn't hurt.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Bump.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Stryker, where are you?

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Even DakmaN doesn't have anything to say? Well im shocked, looks like the wolverines must of stolen your tongue.

RNR
01-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Not really a OSU fan although a buddy who is a huge one gave me a very cool Tatum OSU throwback jersey I wear from time to time. :) A guy I work with was giving 10 points so I will be cheering for OSU tonight!

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh yes.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Awesome.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 04:34 PM
O - H - I - O !!!!
'Twas the night before the final BCS ranking
The Gurus looked back and did some cranking;
"Akron was a joke, Washington's program was spent,
Who cares if you stomped out those flashes from Kent."
"And Youngstown was easy, so was Northwestern, and Purdue, they were mediocre at
best.
But of course they don't mention the teams that matter I guess,
Like Michigan, the Spartans, Badgers and Penn State
These teams, I guess did not rate
The Illini fought, with some help from the refs,
They knocked off the Buckeyes; they gave us their best.
"The Buckeyes are finished, National title hopes tossed"
That's all that they heard, the critics were thrilled they had lost.
But the fans did not fear, as we just jumped into bed,
While visions of the improbable danced in our heads.
When, what to our bloodshot eyes should appear,
But a number 7 ranking, and six teams to fear.
With a little old screwing, so lively and quick,
I knew for the moment the BCS must be sick.
The Sooners, they choked and so did the Ducks,
But the critics had doubt, they still said, "OSU sucks."
More rapid than eagles they lost all their games,
Buckeyes fans shouted, and called them by name:
"Down, Sooners! Down, Tigers! Down, Jayhawks and Ducks!
Go, Razorbacks! Pitt! Zona, and Bucks!!
To the top of the Big Ten to the top of them all!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"
And then, in a twinkling, we saw with a poof,
The whining and crying from this BCS goof.
The Buckeyes were now one, but who would be two?
None other than the BCS's favored LSU.
The critics are silenced, Columbus will shout,
"Throw on your Scarlet and Gray, and erase all your doubt."

So start your party and let the fun begin
Lets give the BCS Gurus a kick in the shin
The Bucks are back in the top of the rankings, To the championship we go,
all fans cheering O - H - I - O!!!!!
"

Pablo
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Go Buckeyes.

I'm sure sick of this SEC dominance bullsh*t. I don't want to hear anymore commentators drone on and on about how fast and physical the SEC is.

I like OSU's defense, but the big questiong is Boeckman. If he can hold it together, and not throw pick 6's like he did to Illinois, Ohio State stands to make this a very entertaining game.

Neither one of the Tigers QB's particularly strike me as amazing, but I will be keeping an eye on Doucet. And Dorsey for that matter. Thank you LSU, for D-Bowe, but other than that you serve me no purpose and/or viewing pleasure. LSU's hideous colors hurt my eyes.

F*ck the SEC, go Buckeyes.

I'm going Ohio State 31, LSU 27.

I certainly hope it's entertaining. And I'm pleased as punch that Michigan beat the Tim Tebow's.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Go Buckeyes.

I'm sure sick of this SEC dominance bullsh*t. I don't want to hear anymore commentators drone on and on about how fast and physical the SEC is.

I like OSU's defense, but the big questiong is Boeckman. If he can hold it together, and not throw pick 6's like he did to Illinois, Ohio State stands to make this a very entertaining game.

Neither one of the Tigers QB's particularly strike me as amazing, but I will be keeping an eye on Doucet. And Dorsey for that matter. Thank you LSU, for D-Bowe, but other than that you serve me no purpose and/or viewing pleasure. LSU's hideous colors hurt my eyes.

F*ck the SEC, go Buckeyes.

I'm going Ohio State 31, LSU 27.

I certainly hope it's entertaining. And I'm pleased as punch that Michigan beat the Tim Tebow's.

Yeah thats the Spirit.. :rockon:

Sure-Oz
01-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Go Lesbian Spirit University

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I'd sure like to see the Buckeyes hand LSU's asses to them. Not counting on it, though.

El Jefe
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM

Rep. Well fellas im out for the night. Stryker never stopped back in when I said we should do the sig/avatar bets, I dont have internet abilities at home. Go Buckeyes, and screw you haters.

beach tribe
01-07-2008, 05:06 PM
S E C bitches.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 05:28 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/prTdlH2TN0M&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/prTdlH2TN0M&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2008, 05:30 PM

Thats just the basketball team. I have met some of the very very very fine coeds from LSU. :p

BigMeatballDave
01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/prTdlH2TN0M&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/prTdlH2TN0M&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>Douchebag...
:)

Bearcat
01-07-2008, 05:55 PM
O - H - I - O !!!!
'Twas the night before the final BCS ranking
The Gurus looked back and did some cranking;
"Akron was a joke, Washington's program was spent,
Who cares if you stomped out those flashes from Kent."
"And Youngstown was easy, so was Northwestern, and Purdue, they were mediocre at
best.
But of course they don't mention the teams that matter I guess,
Like Michigan, the Spartans, Badgers and Penn State
These teams, I guess did not rate
The Illini fought, with some help from the refs,
They knocked off the Buckeyes; they gave us their best.
"The Buckeyes are finished, National title hopes tossed"
That's all that they heard, the critics were thrilled they had lost.
But the fans did not fear, as we just jumped into bed,
While visions of the improbable danced in our heads.
When, what to our bloodshot eyes should appear,
But a number 7 ranking, and six teams to fear.
With a little old screwing, so lively and quick,
I knew for the moment the BCS must be sick.
The Sooners, they choked and so did the Ducks,
But the critics had doubt, they still said, "OSU sucks."
More rapid than eagles they lost all their games,
Buckeyes fans shouted, and called them by name:
"Down, Sooners! Down, Tigers! Down, Jayhawks and Ducks!
Go, Razorbacks! Pitt! Zona, and Bucks!!
To the top of the Big Ten to the top of them all!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"
And then, in a twinkling, we saw with a poof,
The whining and crying from this BCS goof.
The Buckeyes were now one, but who would be two?
None other than the BCS's favored LSU.
The critics are silenced, Columbus will shout,
"Throw on your Scarlet and Gray, and erase all your doubt."

So start your party and let the fun begin
Lets give the BCS Gurus a kick in the shin
The Bucks are back in the top of the rankings, To the championship we go,
all fans cheering O - H - I - O!!!!!
"

Could they at least act a little objective? LMAO

We know how to spell Ohio.

We beat a bunch of teams, none of which stood out, that did nothing more than beat each other... oh, and the Spartans. LMAO

We only lost because of the refs, so we're actually undefeated. And the media (and refs) hate us. :deevee:

We "lost", but it was everyone else that choked.

LSU is the BCS's favorite, even though it was the Buckeyes who didn't have to play in a conference championship. Everyone loves to hate us, even though we were chosen above the other chokers, some which did win a conference championship.

The Buckeyes backed into, er, are back on top.

We still know how to spell Ohio.

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Can someone please explain the argument for USC as the #1 team? Who have they beaten? I know they have the worst loss out of any of the top ten teams.

Are people that impressed that they beat an average Illinois team that shouldn't have even been in the BCS?

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
ESPN has a blog that will updated during the game, fwiw...

Blog (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/news/story?page=bcschampionshipgameblog)

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
what's the latest line on this game?

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 06:25 PM
what's the latest line on this game?

Last I heard was 4.

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Last I heard was 4.

been dropping then....think it opened at 5.5

Bearcat
01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Can someone please explain the argument for USC as the #1 team? Who have they beaten? I know they have the worst loss out of any of the top ten teams.

Are people that impressed that they beat an average Illinois team that shouldn't have even been in the BCS?
The argument for USC (and Georgia) is that they have peaked at the right time... from what I've read/heard, the argument is about the team that's playing the best football right now. I guess in a season where everyone has a flaw, it makes some sense.

USC hasn't lost since October 27th, to the Dixon led Ducks... and they did beat ASU. FWIW, Georgia hasn't lost since October 6th, to Tennessee.

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
been dropping then....think it opened at 5.5

Yep, I was just about to bet my buddy until he informed me that the spread was now at 4. I decided I liked OSU but I didn't like them that much, so I didn't go for it.

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 06:32 PM
The argument for USC (and Georgia) is that they have peaked at the right time... from what I've read/heard, the argument is about the team that's playing the best football right now. I guess in a season where everyone has a flaw, it makes some sense.

USC hasn't lost since October 27th, to the Dixon led Ducks... and they did beat ASU. FWIW, Georgia hasn't lost since October 6th, to Tennessee.

Eh, I guess so, but that seems more like a product of their schedule.

KU has still only lost 1 game and beat VT, MU beat Arkansas, Illinois, and Kansas, WVU thrashed OU....I just don't think USC has the resume to be the obvious contender for #1 over the other top teams.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
UR-BAN MEY-ER

Pablo
01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
UR-BAN MEY-ERis irrelevant to this thread topic?

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
is irrelevant to this thread topic?

Considering he's doing Fox's pregame, halftime and post-game show, he's very relevant to this thread topic. ;)

They already did a nice close-up shot of his MNC ring from last year :D

Bearcat
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM

KU has still only lost 1 game and beat VT, MU beat Arkansas, Illinois, and Kansas, WVU thrashed OU....I just don't think USC has the resume to be the obvious contender for #1 over the other top teams.

I don't think so, either. Looking at their schedule, it actually looks a lot like OSU... it looked good on paper at the beginning of the year, but it's not nearly as impressive now.

The bowls helped seperate teams a little, but we still need a few more rounds. :banghead:

Pablo
01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Considering he's doing Fox's pregame, halftime and post-game show, he's very relevant to this thread topic. ;)

They already did a nice close-up shot of his MNC ring from last year :DOh..in that case.

Des-mond How-ard...

He's doing ESPN's pre-game show, so I'll assume people still care about him.

Mecca
01-07-2008, 06:47 PM

KU winning was great for SC since VT was actually ahead of us....I highly doubt KU ends up ahead of SC...we have legitimate shot at a top 3 final ranking.

Frazod
01-07-2008, 06:48 PM

Remember, that "average Illinois team" beat the Suckeyes.

RNR
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Who all has money on the game?

Coach
01-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Remember, that "average Illinois team" beat the Suckeyes.

Yes, but Missouri did beat the "average Illinois team" I would have no doubts that Missouri would had peformed better than Illinois did aganist USC.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Love Shaq University LMAO

Pablo
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes, but Missouri did beat the "average Illinois team" I would have no doubts that Missouri would had peformed better than Illinois did aganist USC.This is true. USC would have only beat MU by 7-10 points, maybe 14. It wouldn't have been nearly the embarassment it was.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
DBowe's at the game wearing his Chiefs jersey

Mecca
01-07-2008, 06:53 PM
This is true. USC would have only beat MU by 7-10 points, maybe 14. It wouldn't have been nearly the embarassment it was.

You know that's an interesting thought, you'd get to see how a undersized QB in the college spread played against a defense full of NFL caliber players though.

Eleazar
01-07-2008, 06:54 PM
boy I'm glad we got to see the marching bands... :ZZZ:

Frazod
01-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Yes, but Missouri did beat the "average Illinois team" I would have no doubts that Missouri would had peformed better than Illinois did aganist USC.

Probably a bit better, but they still would have lost.

I'm not saying or implying that Missouri deserves to be playing tonight.

But they certainly deserve it as much if not more than Ohio f#cking State.

God the BCS sucks. :shake:

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Shelley Smith is not attractive.

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Curious to see if Dorsey is healthy and looks like the #1 pick....

and Laurnitiieiteirieiis too

Eleazar
01-07-2008, 06:57 PM

eh... I don't think we had a case against OSU. We lost twice to another BCS team, they couldn't put us over them.

Pablo
01-07-2008, 06:57 PM
You know that's an interesting thought, you'd get to see how a undersized QB in the college spread played against a defense full of NFL caliber players though.True, but no matter how much it pains me to say, Chase Daniel > Juice Williams so so hardcore. It's not even funny what a turd that guy is. I don't think Daniel would have struggled mightily, but he probably wouldn't have been lights out either.

Bearcat
01-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Shelley Smith is not attractive.

lol, I was just thinking something was wrong... a bad tanning experience, got into a wreck while doing her makeup...

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM

The more I talk about it the more it just pisses me off. It's obvious that there are about 7 or 8 teams that can make a claim for playing in the NC, and it's sad that we can't see a playoff.

But more to the point, I don't see why the media has anointed USC as the "best of the rest".

Mecca
True, but no matter how much it pains me to say, Chase Daniel > Juice Williams so so hardcore. It's not even funny what a turd that guy is. I don't think Daniel would have struggled mightily, but he probably wouldn't have been lights out either.

And Juice Williams probably has a better shot of playing in the NFL as funny as that is, because he can probably play safety or Wr.

Pablo
There ya go Corso.

Mecca
01-07-2008, 07:00 PM
The more I talk about it the more it just pisses me off. It's obvious that there are about 7 or 8 teams that can make a claim for playing in the NC, and it's sad that we can't see a playoff.

But more to the point, I don't see why the media has anointed USC as the "best of the rest".

Finishing the year the strongest and playing the best and looking like the best team tends to make people say those kinda things.

Bearcat
Curious to see if Dorsey is healthy and looks like the #1 pick....

and Laurnitiieiteirieiis too
Yep... they are a completely different team when he's 100%.

Corso just picked the Buckeyes, which I would think is a good sign for LSU, but they said he's gotten the last 4 right :eek:

Pablo
And Juice Williams probably has a better shot of playing in the NFL as funny as that is, because he can probably play safety or Wr.Yeah...he'll probably do something similar to Brad Smith with the NY Jets.

The Franchise
Geaux Tigers!!!!!

God I hate the Buckeyes.

the Talking Can
christ it sucks that Fox is carrying this...their production has been barely amateur...

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Finishing the year the strongest and playing the best and looking like the best team tends to make people say those kinda things.

And as I already stated, the "finishing strong" aspect is purely a product of the weak Pac 10 schedule. You guys didn't even beat anyone in OOC except for Arkansas who Missouri just thrashed.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
And as I already stated, the "finishing strong" aspect is purely a product of the weak Pac 10 schedule. You guys didn't even beat anyone in OOC except for Arkansas who Missouri just thrashed.

Georgia finished stronger than USC.

Mecca
01-07-2008, 07:04 PM

The Big 12 isn't any better than the Pac 10 is...

USC always schedules good non con games if they can, but you have to get people who want to play you. Next year we have Virginia and Ohio State as our first 2 games...what other school does that?

RNR
01-07-2008, 07:16 PM
The mighty BUCKEYES!

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 07:17 PM
The mighty BUCKEYES!

Always good for a 2nd place finish ;)

kstater
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
The Big 12 isn't any better than the Pac 10 is...

USC always schedules good non con games if they can, but you have to get people who want to play you. Next year we have Virginia and Ohio State as our first 2 games...what other school does that?

While I'll agree that they schedule some tougher noncon games, they schedule games they know they can win. How come they didn't want to play Hawaii?(Yes I know Hawaii got exposed last week)

RNR
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Always good for a 2nd place finish ;)
As I have said before I am not really a fan, a good buddy is...and he gave me a really cool throwback jersey! Got to pull for the Buckeyes.

CoMoChief
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Both of these teams suck, I dont know who will win but I can guarantee that we will witness one shitty ass game of football.

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 07:23 PM
As I have said before I am not really a fan, a good buddy is...and he gave me a really cool throwback jersey! Got to pull for the Buckeyes.

I have a lot of good friends who are bucknuts. I'm practically surrounded by them and Tennessee fans constantly. **** the buckeyes! :cuss:

DaKCMan AP
01-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Both of these teams suck, I dont know who will win but I can guarantee that we will witness one shitty ass game of football.

Your and idiot.

Coach
01-07-2008, 07:24 PM
You know that's an interesting thought, you'd get to see how a undersized QB in the college spread played against a defense full of NFL caliber players though.

Really, size don't mean shit. You were one of the naysayers that KU wasn't gonna handle VT becuase of their speed.

Guess what? Sometimes speed is overrated. Sometimes height is overrated. Sometimes skills are overrated. Really, there is only one thing to look for, and that's heart.

Kansas played their asses off, and Missouri also played their asses off as well. I have no doubts that Missouri and/or Kansas would perform better than Illinois would, one way or another.

Now, I'm not saying that KU and MU is going to beat USC, but they do have a fighting chance. I KNEW that Illinois was going to get smoked, becuase of their offensive philosophy, and the fact that Zook just couldn't seem to coach a big one.

RNR
01-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I have a lot of good friends who are bucknuts. I'm practically surrounded by them and Tennessee fans constantly. **** the buckeyes! :cuss:
I am sure they were pretty mellow last year.

Coach
01-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Well, that was quick.

Crush
01-07-2008, 07:26 PM
That was unexpected.

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 07:27 PM
OSU isn't fast.

Bugeater
Well shit, maybe LSU can keep Pelini....

Basileus777
SEC speed!

RNR
Yep them thar LSU boys just too fast for OSU ROFL

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 07:28 PM
how about all you fan boys spare us your fan boy arguments about why your teams ARE TEH SUPERZ!!!

your seasons are over, we don't give a shit...

eazyb81
01-07-2008, 07:28 PM
SEC Speed! LOL LOL LOL

Such a ridiculous assertion that LSU has so much more speed than OSU.

beach tribe
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Dorsey owned on two straght plays. Destined to be a chiefs.

Pablo
01-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Wells is the real deal. He started the season off kinda slow, but he's just got it.

Bout to see some speed on the defensive side for OSU. I'm guessing Vernon Gholston abuses LSU's LT.

Bob Dole
01-07-2008, 07:30 PM
That OSU guy looking really slow from behind.

Coach
01-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Dumbass LSU QB didn't even have his mouthguard in. I'm surprised that isn't a penalty, since it's usually is.

Calcountry
Who is Ron Paul rooting for?

Bob Dole
It's going to be really dangerous here in town after the Memorial Jam if this game continues like this. Drunk, pissed off Cajuns are not fun.

siberian khatru
01-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Auspicious starts.

Bugeater
lolzzz bad snap

kcxiv
Is LSU even showing up?

the Talking Can
Les Miles: Master of Preparation

RNR
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
He showed some real speed running after that high snap

siberian khatru
01-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Who is Ron Paul rooting for?

Dr. Paul rejects the whole BCS system, as it is not found in the Constitution. Dr. Paul therefore does not "root" for either team, lest he encourage further corruption of college football by the neo-pigskinists.

Crush
01-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Holy crap.

the Talking Can
I am shocked by OSU's slowness.

siberian khatru
The LSU equipment managers forgot to unpack that SEC speed.

Pablo
Geaux Tigers.

More like sleaux Tigers.

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Dorsey getting his ass pwnd...

RNR
01-07-2008, 07:39 PM
OSU getting Bo ready for NU ROFL

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Slow 10
Fast 0

Pablo
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
But common knowledge dictates that the faster team wins...I mean that's why VT beat KU...

Oh wait.

Bugeater
01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I fail to find the humor in that. :harumph:

kstater
01-07-2008, 07:46 PM

LMAO

ROFL

RNR
01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I fail to find the humor in that. :harumph:
Got to hang trash when I get a chance, not many chances rooting for Oakland :)

Bugeater
LMAO

ROFL
IT'S NOT FUNNY! :#

Skip Towne
Geaux Buckeyes!

RNR
01-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Looks like LSU woke up

RNR
01-07-2008, 07:53 PM
LSU can't be fast their RB is white :spock:

siberian khatru
01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
That drive petered out faster than Hugh Hefner with an expired Viagra prescription.

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
LSU can't be fast their RB is white :spock:

A few plays ago they had an all-white backfield. RB, FB and QB.

RNR
01-07-2008, 07:59 PM
A few plays ago they had an all-white backfield. RB, FB and QB.
Why that makes my old white ass proud :) Still I hope OSU beats their honky asses!

FAX
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
When OSU's oline gets in their stances, they look remarkably like a row of Jupiter's moons.

FAX

Mr. Laz
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
so far leurenitis has not impressed

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I'd be in favor of a 15 yard penalty for any player that points to indicate possession after a fumble.

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey, Tiny Evel, tell me you worked on that FedEx Ground commercial with the massage chairs. I love it.

RNR
01-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I'd be in favor of a 15 yard penalty for any player that points to indicate possession after a fumble.
The penalty would offset every time

RNR
01-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Bullshit call

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:10 PM
The penalty would offset every time

Good point. Ejection, then.

SPchief
01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Tie game

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey, Laurenitis just showed up.

With a facemask penalty.

Simply Red
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
heh, Cameron Hayward was my old neighbor. Too funny.

RNR
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok I got 10 bucks on this with 10 points still feeling alright but not as good as I WAS!

BigMeatballDave
Nice gift TD drive from OSU. 30 fuggin yards in penalties... :#

Skip Towne
heh, Cameron Hayward was my old neighbor. Too funny.
Did you know Ironhead?

siberian khatru
01-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Heh, Wells just threw that guy down.

RNR
If that last call was a late hit so was that

the Talking Can
out of my way, bitch

Skip Towne
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Laurenitis sounds like a disease.

Simply Red
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Did you know Ironhead?
Yes, We moved about eight months or so before his death. He was a fairly decent person. His house is still on the market though. He didn't maintain it worth a crap. But Craig was friendly overall. It was sad. But we're still in the Suwanee area.

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Wow. That's money on 2nd and 25.

Pablo
01-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Wow..22 yards on 2nd and 25.

Damnit!!

the Talking Can
01-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Steltz has got a busted wrist it looks like...

RNR
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
:cuss: :banghead: :mad: :#

dj56dt58
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Nice Catch Samie Parker

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Laurenitis sounds like a disease.

Stay the heck away from Lauren and it's not a problem.

dj56dt58
****!

siberian khatru
That's on you, Robiskie.

RNR
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
:cuss: :banghead: :mad: :#
Pretty much the same!

Coach
01-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Ohio St. has been leaving the middle of the field wide open for TE's thus far.

FAX
01-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Tiggers turning the tide.

FAX

Simply Red
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
nice cuts there.

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
"Grab, grab, grab."

FAX
01-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't know, but I just don't think it's right to name your team after a nut.

FAX

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't know, but I just don't think it's right to name your team after a nut.

FAX

Think of it as a seed.

No, that's just as lame.

Coach
01-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Touchdown, LSU.

dj56dt58
01-07-2008, 08:30 PM
SHIT!

FAX
01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I mean, it's like the Pittsburg Pistachios. Or the Coffeyville Cashews. Or the Maryland Macadamias.

FAX

FAX
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Who wants to root for a Cashew?

Besides maybe a squirrel, I mean.

FAX

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
The Fighting Filberts.

FAX
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Go!!! Go Macadamias!! Send 'em Back To Mesopotamia!!

It just doesn't sound right.

FAX

RNR
01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
If I wanted to watch a team I am rooting for get abused I could have watched highlights from Oaklands last few seasons and not lost any money :banghead:

Fire Me Boy!
01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
x

Coach
01-07-2008, 08:36 PM
And the beat down is just about getting to start.

Simply Red
If I wanted to watch a team I am rooting for get abused I could have watched highlights from Oaklands last few seasons and not lost any money :banghead:
Well, even though they intercepted it. It is far from over.

ClevelandBronco
This kind of stuff could determine the outcome of the game.

SPchief
01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
And the blowout begins

Frazod
Well, that was competitive for.... a bit more than a quarter?

FAX
Score Like Crazy Big Cashews!!! Hop On The Ball Like Kangaroos!!!

FAX

Simply Red
This kind of stuff could determine the outcome of the game.
you betcha.

Coach
01-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Great throw under heavy pressure.

RNR
01-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, even though they intercepted it. It is far from over.
What were you saying again?

Coach
01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Jeez, nice tackle by the Legion of Doom

Simply Red
01-07-2008, 08:40 PM
What were you saying again?
I said that after the INT. Two TD's down isn't much if O State gets on their collective horse.

Coach
01-07-2008, 08:42 PM
TD, LSU.

ClevelandBronco
01-07-2008, 08:42 PM
I said that after the INT. Two TD's down isn't much if O State gets on their collective horse.

I doubt that it'll matter.

http://welcomeconsumer.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/lucha_pony.jpg

RNR
01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I got 10 points and I am still nervous as a whore in church!

Coach
01-07-2008, 08:44 PM

They probably can, but I don't see Ohio St. being a team that comes from behind, at least IMHO.

If OSU can get some points out of this drive before halftime, that'll help them out alot.

FAX
01-07-2008, 08:44 PM
You Let 'Em Score!! They Beat Your Butts!! Now Show 'Em Why They Say We're Nuts!!!

FAX