PDA

View Full Version : Dan Hoch chooses Mizzou

Pitt Gorilla
01-08-2008, 12:45 PM
4-star offensive guard switches from Nubs to Tigers, per Rivals. He's the top-rated player in the state of Iowa. Nice get for the O-Line.

siberian khatru
01-08-2008, 12:46 PM
C'mon, Will Compton!

patteeu
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Great! Who are the Nubs?

Eleazar
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Sweet!

|Zach|
01-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Sweet.

Adept Havelock
01-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Great! Who are the Nubs?

Nub-Rask-A?

I'm not sure, but I think it's somewhere northwest of MO. The name vaguely rings a bell, but thats about it.

Archie Bunker
01-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Been a nice couple of days. Top 5 in both polls, Kemp switches, Hoch switches, and Prince decides to transfer from ND.

It'll be real interesting to see who fills out the last 2-3 spots.

:toast:

acesn8s
01-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Nub-Rask-A?

I'm not sure, but I think it's somewhere northwest of MO. The name vaguely rings a bell, but thats about it.It is usually preceded with the term "goddamned" hence, "goddamned Nebraska"

Adept Havelock
01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
It is usually preceded with the term "goddamned" hence, "goddamned Nebraska"

LMAO

That's why I didn't recognize it. :doh!:

duncan_idaho
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Been a nice couple of days. Top 5 in both polls, Kemp switches, Hoch switches, and Prince decides to transfer from ND.

It'll be real interesting to see who fills out the last 2-3 spots.

:toast:

My guess:

Texas ATH Derrick Hall/Ky. WR Aaron Boyd; Texas DE Josh Williams; Texas S Zaviar Gooden.

I'd feel bad for Nebraska if ... well, it wasn't Nebraska.

Eleazar
01-08-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm not up on recruiting like you guys are. I see we've got the #1 player in Missouri and the #1 player from Iowa. I heard a kid from Smithville who is a TE that is really highly regarded will be there next year too.

Who are the other guys on the horizon? Who's Prince? Throw us out some info.

tomahawk kid
01-08-2008, 01:19 PM
My guess:

Texas ATH Derrick Hall/Ky. WR Aaron Boyd; Texas DE Josh Williams; Texas S Zaviar Gooden.

I'd feel bad for Nebraska if ... well, it wasn't Nebraska.

I would agree except I still think we're getting Compton instead of Boyd.

If Pinkel & Co can get Compton, they'll have gotten commits from 9 out of the Top 11 players in the state of Missouri.

Not too shabby at all.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm not up on recruiting like you guys are. I see we've got the #1 player in Missouri and the #1 player from Iowa. I heard a kid from Smithville who is a TE that is really highly regarded will be there next year too.

Prince is a 2005 DeSmet High (STL) graduate that is transferring in from Notre Dame.

He was buried on the depth chart at RB, so they moved him to CB this year, and that's where he's expected to play for Mizzou.

Phenomenal get for Mizzou.

http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/prince_munir00.html

Frazod
01-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Heh. Suck it, cornboys. :D

siberian khatru
01-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I would agree except I still think we're getting Compton instead of Boyd.

If Pinkel & Co can get Compton, they'll have gotten commits from 9 out of the Top 11 players in the state of Missouri.

Not too shabby at all.

I think Compton's down between MU and Illinois, no?

I think we get him.

Archie Bunker
01-08-2008, 01:36 PM

Prince is a fromer 3 star RB from St. Louis that committed to ND. They moved him CB last year and that is where he is expected to play at MU.

The key ones still in play...

LB Will Compton

http://missouri.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=64743&sport=1

DE Josh Williams(committed to CU last week is rumored to be wavering)

http://missouri.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=63391

S Zavier Gooden

http://missouri.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=63391

ATH Derrick Hall
http://missouri.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=51338

Those links should be free and give the star, state, and position rankings.

Sam Hall
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm not surprised about him leaving the Big Red. Pelini still has a good chance at Compton last I heard.

Pitt Gorilla
01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm not surprised about him leaving the Big Red. Pelini still has a good chance at Compton last I heard.I'm not convinced that Compton still has a spot at MU. We have around 3 scholarships left and are holding spots for Hall (WR), Williams (DE), and Gooden (S). There is also another 4* WR, Boyd, who is visiting soon and I hope we don't have to turn him away (however, we've already accepted quite a few good WR/TEs in this class, so that may already be a problem.)

Sam Hall
01-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Some Husker fans and media people liked Hoch when he was committed to the Big Red, and others did not like him. That's all I can say about Hoch because I haven't seen him on tape or in person.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Always nice to steal a recruit from a rival or from ND. :thumb:

Frazod
01-08-2008, 02:01 PM

But... but... I thought you loved all your rivals?

:grouphug:

bkkcoh
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM

But their recruits don't seem to be helping them much the last couple of years. :banghead:

RustShack
01-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I remember when he signed with Nebraska last year. I watched my school play against him and Harlan a lot, ****in Harlen.

RustShack
01-08-2008, 02:19 PM
I remember when his HC in football said he loved his size and, but hes not mean enough.

DaKCMan AP
01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
But... but... I thought you loved all your rivals?

:grouphug:

When they're beating up on the rest of the country :p

Archie Bunker
01-08-2008, 02:27 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/435658.html

Iowa HS football star who committed to Huskers changes to Missouri
BY MIKE DeARMOND
The Kansas City Star
The top-rated player in Iowa -- an offensive lineman committed to Nebraska for more than a year -- has changed his mind and is now committed to Missouri.

"It just came down to a comfort level," Dan Hoch told PowerMizzou.com. "I felt comfortable with the coaches and Missouri just had that right feeling… I just knew Missouri was the best place for me."

Hoch, out of Harlan, Iowa, is rated the No. 20 offensive lineman in the recruiting class of 2008 by Rivals.com.

A four-star recruit by Rivals, originally verballed to Nebraska in December of 2006. But after the firing of Bill Callahan, Hoch took visits to MU, Iowa and Illinois. He said he told MU coach Gary Pinkel of his change Monday night.

Hoch, 6 feet, 6 inches and 302 pounds, is the second high-profile recruit to ditch the Cornhuskers in favor of Missouri. The other was Parkway West quarterback Blaine Gabbert.

Bugeater
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't care how many recruits we lose, it's still worth it to have Callahan gone. That dumbass would've wasted the guy's talent anyway.

eazyb81
01-08-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm not convinced that Compton still has a spot at MU. We have around 3 scholarships left and are holding spots for Hall (WR), Williams (DE), and Gooden (S). There is also another 4* WR, Boyd, who is visiting soon and I hope we don't have to turn him away (however, we've already accepted quite a few good WR/TEs in this class, so that may already be a problem.)

There's also been a lot of talk recently on Cyrus Gray, the #5 overall RB in this class, as he watched the Cotton Bowl and felt Mizzou might be the offense for him. He talked to Will Compton this past weekend and told him to tell Mizzou's coaches to contact him.

If that story is true, it makes me think Compton is leaning Mizzou, otherwise why would he help recruit kids to a school he's not attending?

Pinkel is finishing strong - I love it!

siberian khatru
01-08-2008, 02:37 PM
I remember when his HC in football said he loved his size and, but hes not mean enough.

That's interesting. The Scout profile of Hoch lists as one of his strengths a "nasty streak."

RustShack
01-08-2008, 02:42 PM
He could of suddenly got mean this last year I guess, but he wasn't before. His JR year was my SR year at Creston and he didn't seem too mean in football or Basketball.

Sure-Oz
01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Excellent news, and yeah the TE Andrew Jones is my gf's cousin, he's supposed to be a pretty good athlete as well, recruited to play basketball at kentucky i heard.

tomahawk kid
01-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I think Compton's down between MU and Illinois, no?

I think we get him.

That's what I've heard.

siberian khatru
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
He could of suddenly got mean this last year I guess, but he wasn't before. His JR year was my SR year at Creston and he didn't seem too mean in football or Basketball.

That's good info. Thanks.

tomahawk kid
01-08-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm not convinced that Compton still has a spot at MU. We have around 3 scholarships left and are holding spots for Hall (WR), Williams (DE), and Gooden (S). There is also another 4* WR, Boyd, who is visiting soon and I hope we don't have to turn him away (however, we've already accepted quite a few good WR/TEs in this class, so that may already be a problem.)

You think we'd take Josh Williams over Compton?

I still think if he (Compton) decides to come to MU, he has a spot.

Williams had switched his commit to the Buffs as of 3 weeks ago.

eazyb81
01-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Mizzou is also reporting that all five juniors that tested the NFL waters are coming back for their senior year:

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010808aab.html

These last two days have been awesome.

Sure-Oz
01-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Mizzou is also reporting that all five juniors that tested the NFL waters are coming back for their senior year:

http://mutigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010808aab.html

These last two days have been awesome.
Excellent news!!!

Archie Bunker
01-08-2008, 03:31 PM
I was worried Moore was leaving. Great news indeed.

Sam Hall
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't care how many recruits we lose, it's still worth it to have Callahan gone. That dumbass would've wasted the guy's talent anyway.

You summed it up perfectly. Nebraska needs somebody who can motivate and maximize the talent. They need to get back to running the ball and stopping the run.

tomahawk kid
01-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Excellent news!!!

Getting Willy Mo back for another year is beyond huge.

The kid sets the tempo for the defense.

Sure-Oz
01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Getting Willy Mo back for another year is beyond huge.

The kid sets the tempo for the defense.
Yeah, he really came into his own when Pig went out for the season, that is huge along with Coffman.

duncan_idaho
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM

You've already mentioned Gabbert - the highest rated player ever from Missouri - and Andrew Jones, the TE from Smithville (who shined last week at the Army AA game camp). A couple of key players from the class:

DE Aldon Smith, Raytown. Tall, lean, fast, good athlete (I hear he's an outstanding basketball player). Would be a nice bookend in the class with Williams.

WR Wes Kemp, DeSmet(St. Louis). Kemp, who switched to Mizzou from Wisconsin yesterday, is a big, well-developed (6-4, 225) receiver who probably will become a WR/TE in Missouri's offense and fill a Martin Rucker-type role.

CB Kip Edwards, Arlington (Texas). Edwards starred on a Texas high-school power that went deep in the state playoffs and generally is regarded as the most underrated prospect in Missouri's class. The coaches seem to think he'll challenge for playing time as a freshman.

OG Daniel Jenkins, Gilmer (Texas). Jenkins' is regarded by some of his H.S. teammates as the best OL on the team - which includes Texas' top OL commit, four-star OT David Snow.

Then there's the 2009 crop...

QB Blaine Dalton, Blue Springs South. Will compete with Nate Scheelasse of Rockhurst and Ronnie Wingo of SLU high for top offensive player honors in-state in 2009. Dalton is likely to be the fifth straight Missouri-born QB to attend Bob Johnson's Elite 11 camp.

DT Sheldon Richardson, Gateway (St. Louis). Richardson is huge, but athletic enough to play TE for his high school. Should be the top defensive player in the state in 2009.

Sam Hall
01-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I saw every game Blaine Dalton played last season, including the Rockhurst game. I'd have to say Scheelhaase is a slightly better athlete. Scheelhaase can take over a game and beat teams by himself. He showed tremendous poise in the pocket against Blue Springs South.

I know both teams were highly talented and Scheelhaase has a better supporting cast. Dalton's offensive line didn't help him against Rockhurst. However, if the quarterback battle at Mizzou came down to Dalton and Scheelhaase, I'd root for Dalton.

Dalton is a bigger version of Chase Daniel. He's exactly what Pinkel wants in a quarterback.

duncan_idaho
01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I saw every game Blaine Dalton played last season, including the Rockhurst game. I'd have to say Scheelhaase is a slightly better athlete. Scheelhaase can take over a game and beat teams by himself. He showed tremendous poise in the pocket against Blue Springs South.

I know both teams were highly talented and Scheelhaase has a better supporting cast. Dalton's offensive line didn't help him against Rockhurst. However, if the quarterback battle at Mizzou came down to Dalton and Scheelhaase, I'd root for Dalton.

I get the impression that Scheelhaase will move to CB or WR in college, depending on which school he attends. If he comes to Mizzou, I don't think he'd be coming to play QB, with the Blaines already committed.

I think Scheelhaase's athletic ability makes him a little better high school QB (at least with what he has around him), though Dalton is no slouch, either, in terms of athleticism. I saw the BSS game, too - whatever Dalton did in that game, he did by himself.

jjchieffan
01-08-2008, 04:13 PM

Wow! For MU to have more talent wanting to come here than they have scholarships speaks volumes for what Pinkle has done for this program. Hopefully a shot at the title is in the near future.

|Zach|
01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I get the impression that Scheelhaase will move to CB or WR in college, depending on which school he attends. If he comes to Mizzou, I don't think he'd be coming to play QB, with the Blaines already committed.

I think Scheelhaase's athletic ability makes him a little better high school QB (at least with what he has around him), though Dalton is no slouch, either, in terms of athleticism. I saw the BSS game, too - whatever Dalton did in that game, he did by himself.
I haven't kept up with KC ball like in past years...only saw the Rock vs BSS game and wow...that Rockhurst QB was really impressive. Not that Dalton wasn't but...Schel really stood out.

Frazod
01-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Not a lot of talk about Kansas here.

I guess these kids recognize the difference between a rising power and a soft-scheduled flash in the pan.

Sam Hall
01-08-2008, 04:33 PM
You guys might remember the play this year where Tony Romo scrambled left and right behind the LOS before running down field about 35 yards. I saw Dalton do that several times, and some other times he scrambled like that, he threw down field to an open receiver for a touchdown.

siberian khatru
01-08-2008, 04:46 PM
You guys might remember the play this year where Tony Romo scrambled left and right behind the LOS before running down field about 35 yards. I saw Dalton do that several times, and some other times he scrambled like that, he threw down field to an open receiver for a touchdown.

:drool:

Sure-Oz
01-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Dalton a potential MU recruit?

Archie Bunker
01-08-2008, 04:49 PM

2009 commit

duncan_idaho
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM

Dalton can throw on the run, too, which is key in Mizzou's system. He's a Chase Daniel clone, skills wise, though he's got a better arm, I think. Plus, he shares a name with one of the greatest 80s movie characters...

"Pain don't hurt..."

Zach: Nate is an awesome athlete and could be a great spread-option QB, but if he wants to play in the NFL, he needs to move to safety/corner/receiver now to have the best chance (Chris Harper, are you listening????). Not saying he couldn't make it as a QB... but from what I hear, Missouri, Oklahoma and Iowa are the most likely destinations right now, and he probably wouldn't play QB at any of them.

Eleazar
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Not a lot of talk about Kansas here.

I guess these kids recognize the difference between a rising power and a soft-scheduled flash in the pan.

haha... you sinister bastige... ROFL

|Zach|
01-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Dalton can throw on the run, too, which is key in Mizzou's system. He's a Chase Daniel clone, skills wise, though he's got a better arm, I think. Plus, he shares a name with one of the greatest 80s movie characters...

"Pain don't hurt..."

Zach: Nate is an awesome athlete and could be a great spread-option QB, but if he wants to play in the NFL, he needs to move to safety/corner/receiver now to have the best chance (Chris Harper, are you listening????). Not saying he couldn't make it as a QB... but from what I hear, Missouri, Oklahoma and Iowa are the most likely destinations right now, and he probably wouldn't play QB at any of them.
He seems a lot more like a good overall football athlete more so than a QB. If that makes any sense.

BigRedChief
01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
all 5 Mizzou juniors are coming back:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/mizzou/story/BD82275383DC931C862573CA007148E4?OpenDocument

KChiefs1
01-08-2008, 09:04 PM
coffee is for closers.

KcMizzou
01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Man, Mizzou's already seeing the benefits of having a great season.

It's finally really a great time to be a Tiger. (fan :D)

KcMizzou
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
all 5 Mizzou juniors are coming back:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/mizzou/story/BD82275383DC931C862573CA007148E4?OpenDocumentThat's fantastic.

:mizzou: :rockon: :mizzou:

KcMizzou
01-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Anyone else excited to see what Willie Mo does next year?

When Pig went down, I was pretty concerned. We didn't miss a beat. Moore was amazing.

Reaper16
01-08-2008, 09:15 PM
This thread is full of awesomeness. Go Tigers.

CoMoChief
01-08-2008, 09:53 PM

"Pain don't hurt..."

Dalton isn't as accurate.

OmahaChief
01-08-2008, 10:04 PM
coffee is for closers.

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/alec-baldwin-glengarry-glen-ross.jpg

Sam Hall
01-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Dalton isn't as accurate.

Sometimes his decision making is scary if you're BSS, but he only threw one or two INTs last year. He's a playmaker who isn't afraid to take risks. South had tremendous run blocking, but Dalton frequently had to scramble on pass attempts all season, and that hurt against Rockhurst. South didn't have a polished passing game going into Rockhurst because they hadn't needed one all season.

KChiefs1
01-08-2008, 10:35 PM

1st team All-American

KCinNY
01-08-2008, 10:41 PM
16 of 22 starters back next year.

Preseason top 5 for sure.

M-I-Z!!!!!!!

Frazod
01-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Z-O-U!!!!!!

Sam Hall
01-09-2008, 02:28 AM
On the same day Nebraska loses an offensive line commit to Mizzou, they gain an OL commit from a kid previously committed to Iowa State and Oklahoma State. Only in the world of college football recruiting...

crazycoffey
01-09-2008, 02:39 AM
coffee is for closers.

yes I am....

BWillie
01-09-2008, 02:42 AM
How come we aren't getting any football recruits? After an Orange Bowl victory we better be getting something the next two years. In Mangino's system though he can make gold out of two star players though.

At any rate, you MU fans should be happy the way your football program is going. Hopefully it doesn't end up like KSU's basketball program. high profile recruits with nothing to show for it.

KC Kings
01-09-2008, 07:18 AM
DE Aldon Smith, Raytown. Tall, lean, fast, good athlete (I hear he's an outstanding basketball player). Would be a nice bookend in the class with Williams.

He's been offered multiple basketball scholarships, but only wants to play basketball. Raytown basketball is ranked anywhere from #1 to #3 in the state, and they are a fun team to watch.

I watched Smith play several football games this year, and I thought he looked better at TE than DE. He is 6'5" and has arms like an orangutan, so he had an unfair advantage over most of the HS players covering him, and at TE he completely dominated.

Don't get me wrong he looked good at DE, but I expected a 4 star recruit that is as big as he is and can bench over 300 in the off-season to be a little more impressive. Granted, he was double-teamed 99% of the team and Raytown does not have a good football team, so all of the pressures and tackles for losses are his doing.

KC Kings
01-09-2008, 07:19 AM
Blaine the Second. But I wouldn't be surprised if he changed his mind. He is only a junior and verbally committed before the 5 Star Blaine from the right side of the state committed.

Before he committed to Mizzou, here is what his father said about him not wanting to have to be 2nd string behind Blaine Gabbert

"The only two schools the Daltons have decided they will definitely visit for games are Missouri and Nebraska. Speaking of Nebraska, there’s been no shortage of talk about how this year’s blue-chip in-state quarterback, Blaine Gabbert, chose the Huskers over the Tigers. But losing out on Gabbert could pay dividends after all, it seems.

“We’ve know Blaine Gabbert for a long time. When we went to the Junior Day [at Missouri], all the attention was on Blaine Gabbert. I figured he was a done deal for Missouri. So Blaine was thinking, I don’t know if this would make a lot of sense” to go to Missouri one year after Gabbert, Jim Dalton said.

“When Blaine Gabbert chose Nebraska, that really opened things up from a Missouri perspective.”

kepp
01-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Absolutely. I just assumed he would enter the draft after the year he had so hearing that he's coming back is a great surprise.

kepp
01-09-2008, 12:56 PM
How come we aren't getting any football recruits? After an Orange Bowl victory we better be getting something the next two years. In Mangino's system though he can make gold out of two star players though.

At any rate, you MU fans should be happy the way your football program is going. Hopefully it doesn't end up like KSU's basketball program. high profile recruits with nothing to show for it.
What kind of scares me is I don't want to all of the sudden get an influx of "me me me" athletes like Oklahoma or Miami or one of those programs has...the kind that cause more trouble than they're worth. I'd rather stick to the 3-to-4 star guys that have character.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
What kind of scares me is I don't want to all of the sudden get an influx of "me me me" athletes like Oklahoma or Miami or one of those programs has...the kind that cause more trouble than they're worth. I'd rather stick to the 3-to-4 star guys that have character.

There are some high-character 5-star recruits just as there are some cancerous 2-to-3 star recruits.

duncan_idaho
01-09-2008, 01:21 PM
A few things...

I think Chase Daniel is one of the five most accurate QBs in the country. That's a lot to live up to; hard to expect the next QB to AS accurate. The question is whether he can be accurate ENOUGH.

Dalton hasn't thrown a ton in HS because of the system he plays in and the talent around him. Look at his videos on Rivals - he displays very good accuracy (though not Daniel-level) on deep and short/intermediate routes when given time to set and throw. He also scrambles well to buy time and make accurate throws downfield. (sounds like someone else we know, right?)

Neither Missouri nor kansas will see their 07 seasons make a huge impact on 08 recruiting. It might help with a few kids, but the real boost will come in 2009 - as long as they exhibit similar success. Missouri also has more in-state talent to work with AND a better draw in Texas (thanks to Daniel).

Smith DOES look better as a TE, but his play at DE will improve: 1) when he has comparable talent around him and he can't be double- and triple-teamed constantly; 2) with college-level strength and conditioning; 3) with college-level coaching. He stands out at TE more because it's easier to make a mark there based on natural size and athleticism.

Finally, the good news for Missouri fans is that Pinkel and co. still seem to be relying on THEIR evaluations of kids before any other (see the recent commitment of Jerrell Jackson from Houston, unranked before giving Missouri a verbal).

kepp
01-09-2008, 01:50 PM
There are some high-character 5-star recruits just as there are some cancerous 2-to-3 star recruits.
Probably true enough, but I'd bet that the cancerous-to-character ratio is much higher in the 5-start group.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Probably true enough, but I'd bet that the cancerous-to-character ratio is much higher in the 5-start group.

I'm not so sure. I think it's that you see the problem-child 5-star recruits all over TV. The 2-star guys either don't get airtime or aren't tolerated and are shipped out a lot quicker.

Reaper16
01-09-2008, 02:25 PM
What's up with that avatar? It seems petty negative towards MU.

|Zach|
01-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Cool tidbit on Prince from a NDer found on Tigerboard.

Before I even get to Prince's game, I can't say enough about this kid's character. Munir Prince is special.....all class and one hell of a student athlete. Prince apparently has an eye on Med School when his football career is over, whenever that may be. I know someone who is a scrub nurse in STL and she asked me last Summer if I knew of a kid that played football at ND named Munir. Apparently he was shadowing the hospital's top Orthopaedic Surgeon for the week and she was extremely impressed with him to say the least.

When MP reported for Fall drills at ND as a Freshman in August '06, Charlie Weis went on record that he was the most impressed with MP out of all of the Freshman class that included 2 Five Star recruits and 10 Four Star recruits....of which MP was not. Pure speed according to Weis. Unfortunately for Prince, he just got stuck on the depth chart behind Four/Five Star RBs Aldridge, Allen (burner), and Hughes...all of whom commited after MP.

Prince requested the move to CB and has now been buried behind young Four/Five Star CB's Darrin Walls (Soph), McNeill (Soph), Gray (Freshman), and Lambert (Sr). Add Army AA game participant Jamoris Slaughter next year and Prince was a long-shot for playing time. The insiders at ND with access to practices say that there is no doubt that Prince can cover and that the ND receivers would be the first ones to tell you that.

Selfishly, I'm happy that Munir Prince is transfering to MU as I'll enjoy following him for his last two years and watching him make an impact for MU and in the Big XII. You simply won't find an ND fan that doesn't hope that Prince has a ton of success for MU. Fantastic kid and a great addition for MU.

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Cool tidbit on Prince from a NDer found on Tigerboard.

Before I even get to Prince's game, I can't say enough about this kid's character. Munir Prince is special.....all class and one hell of a student athlete. Prince apparently has an eye on Med School when his football career is over, whenever that may be. I know someone who is a scrub nurse in STL and she asked me last Summer if I knew of a kid that played football at ND named Munir. Apparently he was shadowing the hospital's top Orthopaedic Surgeon for the week and she was extremely impressed with him to say the least.

When MP reported for Fall drills at ND as a Freshman in August '06, Charlie Weis went on record that he was the most impressed with MP out of all of the Freshman class that included 2 Five Star recruits and 10 Four Star recruits....of which MP was not. Pure speed according to Weis. Unfortunately for Prince, he just got stuck on the depth chart behind Four/Five Star RBs Aldridge, Allen (burner), and Hughes...all of whom commited after MP.

Prince requested the move to CB and has now been buried behind young Four/Five Star CB's Darrin Walls (Soph), McNeill (Soph), Gray (Freshman), and Lambert (Sr). Add Army AA game participant Jamoris Slaughter next year and Prince was a long-shot for playing time. The insiders at ND with access to practices say that there is no doubt that Prince can cover and that the ND receivers would be the first ones to tell you that.

Selfishly, I'm happy that Munir Prince is transfering to MU as I'll enjoy following him for his last two years and watching him make an impact for MU and in the Big XII. You simply won't find an ND fan that doesn't hope that Prince has a ton of success for MU. Fantastic kid and a great addition for MU.

As someone who knows him and his family personally, this "report" is 100% spot on.

Sure-Oz
01-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Sounds like a great pickup for MU's defense, im so ready for next year

DaKCMan AP
01-17-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm not so sure. I think it's that you see the problem-child 5-star recruits all over TV. The 2-star guys either don't get airtime or aren't tolerated and are shipped out a lot quicker.

Interesting...

Top 15 Teams in Recruiting from '03-'07

Ranked by average star rating. Average wins per season is last. BCS Champions in that time span are highlighted:

1.USC- 3.88- 11.8
2.Florida- 3.69- 9.2
3.Texas- 3.67- 10.8
4.LSU- 3.65- 11.2 (2 Championships)
5.Florida State- 3.58- 8.2
6.Michigan- 3.57- 9.2
7.Oklahoma- 3.57- 10.8
8.Georgia- 3.53- 10.2
9.Ohio State- 3.48- 10.4
10.Miami-FL- 3.46- 8.2
11.Tennessee- 3.39- 8.8
12.Notre Dame- 3.32- 6.6