PDA

View Full Version : Will Brody's decision making improve?

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Forget arm strength. If his decision making isn't up to the level of the other quality QB's in the league then take BC QB ....maybe Broehm.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2008, 03:58 PM
He has yet to play a full season, im sure with more playing time it will improve, 6 games is not even remotely close to determine where he will be. He did improve every game despite having the shittiest OL in the NFL

Brock
01-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I doubt he can stay healthy. Even with a good line, QBs get sacked hard.

Tribal Warfare
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Brodie just has to learn that he can't trust his arm as much in squeezing the ball in tight spaces, all of his INTs this year were on the same basic play where the FS was covering Gonzo and the LB was playing underneath

kaplin42
01-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I predict 3 to 5 years of solid Joey Harrinting style of play out of Brody before the Chiefs finally agree that he is not the QB of the future. In an effort to find one, they hire back Damon "Captain Checkdown" Huard to man the ship in the mean time.

FAX
01-09-2008, 04:05 PM
... Will <strike>Brody's</strike> Brodie's decision making improve? ...

Sure it will, Mr. Chiefmanwillgetyou. Most definitely.

I expect his decision-making to get a lot better in a couple of years when he asks for a trade to the Dophins.

FAX

StcChief
01-09-2008, 04:31 PM
will the Oline improve?

Chiefnj2
01-09-2008, 04:31 PM
The problem with drafting another QB is that you have Herm and Curl developing the kid.

thehead
01-09-2008, 04:50 PM
The problem with drafting another QB is that you have Herm and Curl developing the kid.

I think that's the problem now.
:deevee:

OnTheWarpath15
01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Now we're bashing the kid's decision making?

Show of hands.....

How many of you expected the kid to be a turnover machine?

(Answer: At least 75% of you)

The kid threw 6 INT's in 9 games, 6 of them starts.

An interception every 37 attempts.

Before the season, had you been told he would average an INT a game, you would have been thrilled. People here were talking about seeing a repeat of Peyton Manning's first year, with 26-28 INT's.

Do his READS need to improve? You bet. And they will with experience.

But I'd say the kid did a pretty damn good job not turning the ball over, especially considering the OL he was working behind.

Extra Point
01-09-2008, 05:00 PM
We can wait another season before we draft a guy for whom "Chad-Lite" Croyle can hold his clipboard.

Chiefs_5627
01-09-2008, 05:04 PM
I forgot Brodie is a 10 year vet, that jerk, why hasnt he become a superstar yet. :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
01-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Attempts per INT for 2007 season:

Peyton Manning, INT every 37 attempts.

Brett Favre, 36 attempts.

Carson Palmer, 29 attempts.

Derek Anderson, 28 attempts.

Tony Romo, 27 attempts.

Again, I'd say the kid did a damn good job, considering these were his first 6 starts behind one of the worst O-lines in team history.

But feel free, bash away.....

pr_capone
01-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I predict 3 to 5 years of solid Joey Harrinting style of play out of Brody before the Chiefs finally agree that he is not the QB of the future. In an effort to find one, they hire back Damon "Captain Checkdown" Huard to man the ship in the mean time.

Huard ≠ Testaverde

He won't be around in 3-5 years to bring in.

teedubya
01-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Brody [heh] is a glass vagina. He is too weak to last in the NFL. JMO.

BigMeatballDave
01-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Will your spelling improve?

Sfeihc
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Have you seen Kelli? I'd say his decision making is just fine.

Micjones
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Croyle CAN improve. Will he? That remains to be seen.

I'm not confident that he will though.
He looked no better in his 9th start than he did in his first.

FAX
01-09-2008, 05:58 PM

I just watched those two games back to back, Mr. Micjones. With respect, I suggest you do the same. I saw a marked improvement. Of course, sometimes we see what we want to see. I may, admittedly, be a victim of that.

Let's get Croyle an oline, a run game, and some receivers that can get separation, then decide.

FAX

kcchiefsus
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM

The worst offensive line of all time didn't look any better either.

louie aguiar
01-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Brody [heh] is a glass vagina. He is too weak to last in the NFL. JMO.

No Croyle apologist can deny this. We can argue all we want about whether we think he's any good but the fact of the matter is, he can't stay healthy. We certainly can't rely on him being healthy for a full season next year. We have to have a decent insurance policy.

Zeke Ziggle
01-09-2008, 06:45 PM

I'm glad that we have such a great array of games to judge his lack of improvement. I'm also glad that we had a NFL caliber o-line to protect him.

At the beginning of the year people were warned about what it takes to develop an QB and almost everyone here said they could cope with the the growing pains. Now after a whopping 9 games people are ready to throw him to the dogs over his lack of improvement.

Will he ever be a star or be able to physically handle a 16 game year? who knows, but at least give him a chance

jjchieffan
01-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Trent Green had a history of being injury prone, then he played five years before he got hurt again. And that was while throwing blocks for Priest and putting himself in harms way to make a play many times. All you Croyle bashers can take that glass vagina BS and take a flying leap. All NFL players are susceptible to injury. They aren't playing 2 hand touch or flag football.

OnTheWarpath15
01-09-2008, 06:53 PM

Considering he hasn't had 9 starts, that's an interesting comment.

He's had 6. SIX starts.

Better get to work, Brodie. Apparently if you don't make huge improvement in 6 games, people in this town are ready to run you out.

Peyton Jesus Manning didn't even get much better from his first 8 starts to his last 8 starts of his first year, and he was the #1 overall pick.

First 8 starts: 56%, 1873 yards, 11TD/16 INT. an INT every 18 attempts.

Last 8 starts: 58%, 1866 yards, 15TD/12 INT. An INT every 23 attempts.

But hey, let's expect MORE out of the R3 draft choice. Makes sense.

Chiefnj2
01-09-2008, 08:30 PM
First 8 starts: 56%, 1873 yards, 11TD/16 INT. an INT every 18 attempts.

Last 8 starts: 58%, 1866 yards, 15TD/12 INT. An INT every 23 attempts.

But hey, let's expect MORE out of the R3 draft choice. Makes sense.

Last 8 starts is what, a TD every 20 attempts? What was Croyle's?

ChiefsLV
01-09-2008, 08:30 PM
No Croyle apologist can deny this. We can argue all we want about whether we think he's any good but the fact of the matter is, he can't stay healthy. We certainly can't rely on him being healthy for a full season next year. We have to have a decent insurance policy.

I don't need to deny it. Brodie gets a whole year to prove otherwise. :p

Chiefaholic
01-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Brodie has a fraction of the time the rest of the veteran QB's had to throw the ball in his rookie season. Give the kid a respectable line and time to develop chemistry with his recievers befor judging him.

OnTheWarpath15
01-09-2008, 09:03 PM

Peyton was the #1 overall pick.

What was Croyle?

Mr. Laz
01-09-2008, 09:04 PM
of course it will improve .... how much it improves is the questiong, and how quickly?

i'm far more worried about his accuracy right now

Rasputin
01-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I figure Brodie is going to have this offseason to work on his fundamentals, study film, make himself a better QB. He is also going to work with D Bowe and develop a chemistry together. Hopefully we improve our O-line so that he has time next year like some (MOST) of the other QBs in the league.

I do expect more mistakes and more growing pains to start of next year, we will get to see him grow and learn from his mistakes. That growth will come as the rest of the team grows with him. As the O-line gets better and the WRs continue to get better. We still need a true #2 oppostite of D Bowe, Webb is a #3 guy if that but even he can get better too.

I think coaching is a big part of the growth and that may be where the trouble starts but I am going to try to start to give Hermy the benifit of doubt he has next year to have this team make progress as the year goes. Herm is an idiot but gonna try to give him the benifit of doubt cus he is going to be our coach for at least another season. The new OC has gotta be better than what we've had anyways.

FAX
01-09-2008, 11:50 PM
of course it will improve .... how much it improves is the questiong, and how quickly?

i'm far more worried about his accuracy right now

Interesting point, Mr. Laz. Did you read Teicher's article about Webb the other day? In comparing Webb's performance to Bowe's he mentioned that Bowe has been running inconsistent routes. Just a thought, but could that explain what appear to us as errant throws by Croyle?

FAX

01-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Forget arm strength. If his decision making isn't up to the level of the other quality QB's in the league then take BC QB ....maybe Broehm.
Peyton Manning had 28 INTs in his first year starting.

jjchieffan
01-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Interesting point, Mr. Laz. Did you read Teicher's article about Webb the other day? In comparing Webb's performance to Bowe's he mentioned that Bowe has been running inconsistent routes. Just a thought, but could that explain what appear to us as errant throws by Croyle?

FAX

I would guess probably a little bit of both. Hopefully some offseason and preseason work will correct most of those problems,

FAX
01-10-2008, 12:09 AM
I would guess probably a little bit of both. Hopefully some offseason and preseason work will correct most of those problems,

That's one of the most difficult things to assess when I watch a game, Mr. jjchieffan. You can identify a d-line stunt, for example, even if it doesn't work. And, it's obvious when an olineman misses a block or when a WR and a QB are completely off the page. But, it's very difficult to tell if a guy is running precise routes. At least, for me.

FAX

jjchieffan
01-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah me too. The routes can take so many directions, who can tell besides the players and the coaches, unless the QB is ragging on the wr for it afterward.

HonestChieffan
01-10-2008, 06:43 AM
No fear. Just remember he is in the hands of Dick "Good Decisions" Curl.

kc1977
01-10-2008, 07:13 AM
I predict 3 to 5 years of solid Joey Harrington style of play out of Brody before the Chiefs finally agree that he is not the QB of the future.

Hit the nail on the head with this statement here. Brodie would not be the starter for anyone else in the NFL, and on many teams, he would not even be the #2 QB.

What is funny is how many people think Brodie is awesome and who also think Herman is an idiot. Do you not realize that Herm's success in KC is tied to Brodie's. So, if Brodie does well, Herman will be sticking around.

I like Herman for the most part, but I believe that his decision to go with Brodie Croyle as starting QB is grounds for firing. Today. Unless Herman is bluffing and they have plans to address the QB position in the off-season.

Reerun_KC
01-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Hit the nail on the head with this statement here. Brodie would not be the starter for anyone else in the NFL, and on many teams, he would not even be the #2 QB.

What is funny is how many people think Brodie is awesome and who also think Herman is an idiot. Do you not realize that Herm's success in KC is tied to Brodie's. So, if Brodie does well, Herman will be sticking around.

I like Herman for the most part, but I believe that his decision to go with Brodie Croyle as starting QB is grounds for firing. Today. Unless Herman is bluffing and they have plans to address the QB position in the off-season.

Carl? Is that you?

EyePod
01-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Ok, First of all, what decisions does he really have. Tony or DBowe... Sammie Parker??? Jeff Webb?? He really only has 2 options, maybe a check down to Kolby. Also, I thought most of his decisions were pretty good until he was forced to throw because we were down two touchdowns... He even said it himself that we needed a quick score and he was trying to make a play. I don't fault a 1st year starter having trouble making a play... I don't think we have a Peyton here, probably more like a Brett Favre... so he'll be much more likely to have interceptions, but have a solid 80-90 QB rating for a while... as long as we can build up this O-Line....

EyePod
01-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Also, it's very hard to make good decisions with the quarter of a second our shitty O-Line gave him...

JohnnyV13
01-10-2008, 06:03 PM

Oh please,

The colts had drafted TWO quality tackles 1 and 2 the year before they took manning. BOTH of these guys turned into long term solutions (Tarik Glenn and Adam Meadows).

Manning also had Marvin Harrison (drafed 1st round 1996, a security blanket in Marshall Faulk (loads of receptions) and Marcus Pollard (who was a college FA in 1995 (he played backetball in school and not football).

Basically, Manning was surrounded by young talent. He set a rookie record for TD passes, yet threw more INTs.

jjchieffan
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM

Your opinion may or may not be correct about Croyle. I hope you are wrong. How do you feel about Jay Cutler? The media seems to be slurping all over him, yet I don't see that he has proved any more than Croyle, and he has an extra season of playing time under his belt. As faras everyone getting excited about Brodie, why wouldn't we? He is the first QB this team has tried to develop in over 2 decades. Even if he flops,at least the team took a step in the right direction and tried to develop a QB instead of just grabbing someone else's castoff like Huard, Gannon, Bono, Kreig, etc...

Tertullian
01-10-2008, 06:45 PM
From Pro Football Weekly:

“The Chiefs better look hard at finding a quarterback. They don’t have a front-line passer on the roster.”

Here is the link:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2007/audibles2227.htm

I am not a Chief's fan, so I do not have any opinion about your QB, but I thought you might wanted to know how others think about him around the NFL.

Mr. Laz
01-10-2008, 07:16 PM

FAX
agreed that a rooke WR and a 1st year starting QB is probably not a good combination. But it doesn't just begin and end with Bowe. He throws high/low/behind Gonzo and every other receiver on the team.

he also shows a distinct lack of touch .... for example his high fastballs to the RB's coming out of the backfield.

now all this could be just his youth and the fact that he's nervous behind that offensive line. He's also probably not getting coached all that well.

i was really hoping we would find out something definitive about Croyle this year but alas, it's gonna take another year to see what the real dealio is. :(

TRR
01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Croyle deserves a season to see what he has to offer. Let's look at the entire picture surrounding Croyle. He split time with Huard all year in practice, Was down to relying upon the 4th string RB by the end of the season, and had 3 Offensive Lineman protecting him that will not be here next season. Also, Eddie Kennison was hurt all season, and D Bowe / Jeff Webb are just as inexperienced as Brodie is. Brodie also had an O Coordinator that was basically fired by midseason calling plays.

I honestly believe you could have inserted Manning in the lineup with that surrounding cast, and the O wouldn't have been much better.

jjchieffan
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
From Pro Football Weekly:

“The Chiefs better look hard at finding a quarterback. They don’t have a front-line passer on the roster.”

Here is the link:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Audibles/2007/audibles2227.htm

I am not a Chief's fan, so I do not have any opinion about your QB, but I thought you might wanted to know how others think about him around the NFL.

Meh...who cares what PFW or any other expert thinks. They are all wrong more than they are right. They have no more of an idea about whether or not Croyle will panout than you or I do. They are just speculating, and I imagine, some of them have biased opinions. I wonder how many of the guys who think Croyle is a bust also thought that Rran Leaf, or Heath Shuler, or Jake Plummer would be a great QB. I am not defending Croyle, but at this point, I am not going to bash him. He is young, in experienced, and plays behind a poor line. It is way too soon to pass judgement now.

milkman
01-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Meh...who cares what PFW or any other expert thinks. They are all wrong more than they are right. They have no more of an idea about whether or not Croyle will panout than you or I do. They are just speculating, and I imagine, some of them have biased opinions. I wonder how many of the guys who think Croyle is a bust also thought that Rran Leaf, or Heath Shuler, or Jake Plummer would be a great QB. I am not defending Croyle, but at this point, I am not going to bash him. He is young, in experienced, and plays behind a poor line. It is way too soon to pass judgement now.

Meh......kc1977 implies that he sucks and will always suck, so he clearly will always suck.

Cause he, no doubt, is THE expert.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Meh......kc1977 implies that he sucks and will always suck, so he clearly will always suck.

Cause he, no doubt, is THE expert.

77 is just extremely familiar with the coaching skills of Herman ****ing Edwards.

Mr. Laz
01-11-2008, 12:14 AM
I honestly believe you could have inserted Manning in the lineup with that surrounding cast, and the O wouldn't have been much better.
well then your honestly retarted .......

Manning would of taken charge of the playcalling and the offense would of been much improved.

MadMax
01-11-2008, 12:30 AM
well then your honestly retarted .......

Manning would of taken charge of the playcalling and the offense would of been much improved.

Did you forget who our coach was? Or even the fact that as far as we know NO QB has ever had the option of changing the play at the los? Oh well you believe what you want I'll believe what I think I see..:)

MadMax
01-11-2008, 12:41 AM
agreed that a rooke WR and a 1st year starting QB is probably not a good combination. But it doesn't just begin and end with Bowe. He throws high/low/behind Gonzo and every other receiver on the team.

he also shows a distinct lack of touch .... for example his high fastballs to the RB's coming out of the backfield.

now all this could be just his youth and the fact that he's nervous behind that offensive line. He's also probably not getting coached all that well.

i was really hoping we would find out something definitive about Croyle this year but alas, it's gonna take another year to see what the real dealio is. :(

Can you honestly say that Green was so accurate he didn't chuck the ball around like a retard sometimes? I mean c'mon Trinterception had some really really bad moments..And he was a vet when we gave up a #1 pick for him...The ppl ready to write Croyle off after 6 freakin starts is just unbelievable. If he sucks after next year then so be it. We ain't doin nothing next year anyway. **** what ya want? Huard again? Pennington? One of the crap shoots in the draft? Hell I won't cry if we draft a QB, like we don't have bigger needs. Heck I think we need cb's as much as anything.Best player available works for me. Shit we still gots Carl. he da man... /cry

Pablo
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Brodie is teh gayzorz!!@!!11!!@!!

He didn't win all six of his starts and he had an even TD/INT ratio. Get him out of here...

Decision making shouldn't even be an issue, he had an average showing in the few games he started. He showed some flashes of consistency and an ability to lead, and at other times he looked like a 2nd year QB fresh off the bench. That'll happen. Give him more starts in games that matter, and he'll improve. The only question is if he can stay healthy. I don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would stand a chance at being a successful QB behind our line, they'd be too busy pulling turf out of their helmets and running from freight train d-linemen bowling over guys like Terry, Turley, etc.

Mecca
01-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Well Brodie Croyle is my backup on my Madden franchise..

MadMax
01-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Brodie is teh gayzorz!!@!!11!!@!!

He didn't win all six of his starts and he had an even TD/INT ratio. Get him out of here...

Decision making shouldn't even be an issue, he had an average showing in the few games he started. He showed some flashes of consistency and an ability to lead, and at other times he looked like a 2nd year QB fresh off the bench. That'll happen. Give him more starts in games that matter, and he'll improve. The only question is if he can stay healthy. I don't think Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would stand a chance at being a successful QB behind our line, they'd be too busy pulling turf out of their helmets and running from freight train d-linemen bowling over guys like Terry, Turley, etc.

Yep let's bury the turd and get an older turd and then we will be safe ;)

Pablo
01-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Well Brodie Croyle is my backup on my Madden franchise..Who's your starter?

FAX
Not to mention the lack of a run game, Mr. GonzoRox88. Some people seem to be ignoring that sad fact, as well. In this "system" (almost choked, there), you have to be able to run the ball, which (with rare exceptions) we simply could not do. Without a run threat, playing QB is more like playing blocking sled.

FAX

MadMax
Well Brodie Croyle is my backup on my Madden franchise..

Put a trainer on him, he might get injured on the bench ;)

Mecca
01-11-2008, 12:49 AM
I think going with a young QB is the right thing I just don't think this one is the guy.

Mecca
01-11-2008, 12:50 AM
Who's your starter?

Brian Brohm, I no joke simulated the first year and went 2-14 without even trying to purposely lose...I traded down a few slots still had a top 5 pick got some extra picks and got the QB I wanted.

MadMax
01-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Brian Brohm, I no joke simulated the first year and went 2-14 without even trying to purposely lose...I traded down a few slots still had a top 5 pick got some extra picks and got the QB I wanted.

Lol I play Madden the same way. I don't have 08 yet is it as easy to trade vets for picks as was the past?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2008, 12:56 AM
You guys got me jonesin for some Madden now. Time to fire up the sucky ass PS3. Peace.

Mecca
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Lol I play Madden the same way. I don't have 08 yet is it as easy to trade vets for picks as was the past?

Depends who you try to trade, like Ty Law has no trade value at all. I'll be trading LJ before long probably when his contract runs out. I'll franchise tag him and move him that way I get a top pick and don't take any cap hit.

I'm in the midst of completely overhauling the Chiefs roster.

MadMax
01-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Depends who you try to trade, like Ty Law has no trade value at all. I'll be trading LJ before long probably when his contract runs out. I'll franchise tag him and move him that way I get a top pick and don't take any cap hit.

I'm in the midst of completely overhauling the Chiefs roster.

That's the fun part to me, I always liked building through the draft :)

Pablo
01-11-2008, 01:00 AM
You guys got me jonesin for some Madden now. Time to fire up the sucky ass PS3. Peace.Shoulda bought a 360. Have fun though.

MadMax
01-11-2008, 01:02 AM
You guys got me jonesin for some Madden now. Time to fire up the sucky ass PS3. Peace.

Grrrrr!!!!! $^$^&*(

Mecca
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
The draft is more fun if you are like me and get the college game and get all the players named...so I draft real guys for awhile...

I've been scouting for my next draft...I hope I get Taylor Mays.

Pablo
01-11-2008, 01:09 AM
I played Madden '08 for the first time in like 2 months the other night against a friend of mine. I guess I play like I'm in an actual game. I punt on 4th, run the ball..work off play action, etc.

He plays like it's a game, he lines up in field goal formations on defense, onside kicks every time, QB sneaks all the time, and rarely passes the ball. It's kinda odd to play against him, and not really fun.

I'd have to say of all the games of '08 I've played, I'd say my winning % is around 96-97%. I don't lose all that often, but I lost the passion to play, and it's really not much fun anymore. I ran out of competition, and my Live subscription expired..but oh well.

Mecca
01-11-2008, 01:11 AM
I think there are way to many turnovers on this years game..on the 360 version anyway..

Funny story you know how if you import classes some guys get projected way lower than they would be in real life....I took Rey Maualuga with my 3rd round pick...his big hitter number is a 98..to start with.

Pablo
01-11-2008, 01:15 AM
I think there are way to many turnovers on this years game..on the 360 version anyway..

Funny story you know how if you import classes some guys get projected way lower than they would be in real life....I took Rey Maualuga with my 3rd round pick...his big hitter number is a 98..to start with.Yeah..I was playing my buddy, and I was playing with the Steelers, and he had the Cowboys.

I beat him 55-0.

I had 225 yards of total offense. I believe I had 9 INT's and a fumble recovery against him. It was horrible. I didn't even have to attempt to pick a ball, they came to me. The last pick I made, he threw a pass to the corner of the endzone, it hit my DB in the back of his helmet while his back was turned, and I whipped around instantly and caught the ball and ran for a TD.

Madden '08 is a turn-over fest.

smittysbar
01-11-2008, 01:18 AM
I don't think my Atari has any of these options

Mecca
01-11-2008, 01:22 AM
Oh cmon go buy a system, you aren't that poor are you?

smittysbar
01-11-2008, 01:28 AM
No I have a 360 at the bar, but don't have 08 yet

MadMax
01-11-2008, 01:30 AM
I don't think my Atari has any of these options

options? OPTIONS? heh if you play Hermstyle you have no options. :p

smittysbar
01-11-2008, 01:30 AM
On a side note though. Bought the Rock Band for the 360, and we have had a ball with it. Funny though, when you start the night out, they will play the guitar and the drums, but won't sing. By the end of the night they are all wanting to sign.....the powers of alcohol

smittysbar
01-11-2008, 01:31 AM
options? OPTIONS? heh if you play Hermstyle you have no options. :p

ROFL So true

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Shoulda bought a 360. Have fun though.

I love my ps3. I got some sucker to trade me straight up for a 360 the day Halo 3 came out. I'm very pleased.