PDA

View Full Version : scratch alex gibbs off the list

King_Chief_Fan
01-09-2008, 04:05 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5440572.html

Working for Kubes in Houston. Lil Shanny to be the OC. Denver south.

sorry if repost, it is hard to find these things amonst all the other stuff.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2008, 04:06 PM
FAAACKKKKKKKKKKK

wtf are we doing twiddling our thumbs, ****ing clowns

thehead
01-09-2008, 04:13 PM
They are waiting to find someone willing to work with these clowns ,the more I think about it the excuse will be no one was available ,so your new OC will be Fu#king Dick Curl. :cuss:

BigVE
01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I didn't think it would be real likely that Gibbs would end up at an AFC west team.

Perhaps HERM will take a shot at play-calling? Dick Curl doesn't sound too bad in THAT scenario.

FAX
01-09-2008, 04:19 PM
I wonder if there really is a problem finding an experienced, qualified person willing to take this job.

FAX

Sure-Oz
01-09-2008, 04:21 PM
I wonder if there really is a problem finding an experienced, qualified person willing to take this job.

FAX
I think our front office and HC don't care, they will look for coaches via draft as well, dumb****s

SDChief
01-09-2008, 04:21 PM
MAYBE THE HOLD UP WAS SEEING IF THEY COULD GET GIBBS. MAYBE THEY ARE CHOSING ONE IF THE COULD GET HIM AND ONE IF THEY HAVE TO GO IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION?

BigVE
01-09-2008, 04:22 PM

FAX

Depends on their definition of qualified.

Archie Bunker
01-09-2008, 04:22 PM
The one rumored name I was excited about.

:cuss:

Zouk
01-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I would guess he wasn't too gung ho about working under some dude from UTEP he never heard of.

thehead
01-09-2008, 04:24 PM

Lips meet Carls ass
:)

FAX
01-09-2008, 04:25 PM

Right. But I'm concerned that "The Plan" involves finding someone who will defer to Hermoine. If that's the case, it might be difficult to attract someone who actually brings something to the table other than a stack of dollar off Fig Newton coupons.

FAX

Delano
01-09-2008, 04:29 PM

FAX

Absolutely.

I think quite a few posters on this board think you can pick a name and magically hire him without any speedbumps.

There are quite a few variables to hire an offensive coordinator or other offensive coaches. Alex Gibbs has loyalties to the Shannahan coaching tree apparently. Other candidates are waiting for HC positions to be filled and those staffs to be filled. I don't see how the position is going to be filled with all of the qualities that Herm wants (experience and not a retread).

This isn't exactly a desireable position, all things considered.

Skip Towne
01-09-2008, 04:30 PM

FAX
Would you board a train wreck in progress?

Hydrae
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Wait, you mean Carl isn't on vacation? I thought that is what he did until about 2 weeks before the draft.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I am not that familiar with the city of Kansas City - might the answer be that there are not that many flights into the city in any given month? Perhaps there are some significant logistical issues to deal with in this interviewing process that we have not recognized? There must be some reason there is not a line-up at One Arrowhead?

ClevelandBronco
01-09-2008, 04:52 PM
I am not that familiar with the city of Kansas City - might the answer be that there are not that many flights into the city in any given month? Perhaps there are some significant logistical issues to deal with in this interviewing process that we have not recognized? There must be some reason there is not a line-up at One Arrowhead?

They're thinking about building an airport to see if that encourages more planes to land.

Simplex3
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
They're thinking about building an airport to see if that encourages more planes to land.
Yeah, the international one, the one downtown where Air Force One lands, and the dozen executive airports around the city can't get more than a flight or two a day.

Of course none of our airports are sinking. ;)

BigRock
01-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I've never understood why anyone thought Gibbs would want to come back here and work for Carl again.

chiefforlife
01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I've never understood why anyone thought Gibbs would want to come back here and work for Carl again.

Exactly, he already knows Carl and then we add in Herm and the fact that we wont pay as well as other organizations. Why would a coach who is in demand come here??

Probably why we will end up with Price from UTEP, NO OTHER team is interested.

el borracho
01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
There must be some reason there is not a line-up at One Arrowhead?
http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2006/0109/photo/a_edwards_195.jpg

booger
01-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Shefter said Gibbs will be ASS HC and tutor the younger shannyRat on the running game like he did with Kubiak in Denver. So not totally in charge of the oline.

Also said Callahan possibly to NYJets to complement Brian Schottenheimer in the running game. Didn't say what position BC would coach.

milkman
01-09-2008, 06:26 PM

Well, Gunt did.

FAX
01-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Shefter said Gibbs will be ASS HC and tutor the younger shannyRat on the running game like he did with Kubiak in Denver. So not totally in charge of the oline.

Also said Callahan possibly to NYJets to complement Brian Schottenheimer in the running game. Didn't say what position BC would coach.

Meanwhile, Herm's trying to keep his career alive by auditioning for ESPN.

FAX

booger
01-09-2008, 06:30 PM
I still can't quite figure that one out Fax.

I mean right after the season ends he goes out to Bristel to annalize for them the opening playoff weekend. Why not concentrate fully on the KC future or spend time away from Football with the family? Doesn't make sense. Maybe he was up that way to interview some potential Assistants as well.

StcChief
01-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Dick Curl waiting in the wings.

milkman
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Dick Curl waiting in the wings.

Herman ****ing Edwards' panty liners have wings?

xbarretx
MAYBE THE HOLD UP WAS SEEING IF THEY COULD GET GIBBS. MAYBE THEY ARE CHOSING ONE IF THE COULD GET HIM AND ONE IF THEY HAVE TO GO IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION?

thats what i think, with all the allusions to young and up and comming they have already got someone in mind and maybe its someone that we dont know about (someone thats not been media hyped) or maybe there planning on getting Price?

who knows except for they know who they want and they said they wanted to get someone before the senior bowl. so we should know soon.

p.s. yes i know im overly optimistic :toast:

booger
Dick curl is as old as Dick Cheney and Maybe Skip. Not really sure.

xbarretx
01-09-2008, 06:38 PM

dude come on, KCI (or MCI which ever you prefer) isnt a barren wasteland of asphalt with tumbleweeds the size of volvo's rolling through it. they know who they want. as for logistics, thats not an issue. they have enough money, if they wanted to get someone they would fly him in or fly there via company and or private jet. they could do phone interviews or video conf or who knows.

FAX
01-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I still can't quite figure that one out Fax.

I mean right after the season ends he goes out to Bristel to annalize for them the opening playoff weekend. Why not concentrate fully on the KC future or spend time away from Football with the family? Doesn't make sense. Maybe he was up that way to interview some potential Assistants as well.

There are, obviously, several possible ways to explain it, Mr. booger. My favorite is this; Herm knows that he doesn't have a chance in hell of turning this thing around before his contract expires. He also knows that, should he fail here, another HC job may be a while in coming. Therefore, he's going to hobknob with the ESPN and NFLN guys so he'll have a job after Kansas City - the kind of job that will keep his name in the media and under consideration should another HC position come available sometime in the future. What do you think?

FAX

DeezNutz
01-09-2008, 06:41 PM
The delay could mean that Herm indeed wants to hire Mike Shula away from the Jags, and maybe Edwards wants the new OC to have a voice in who his offensive assistants will be.

booger
01-09-2008, 06:49 PM
There are, obviously, several possible ways to explain it, Mr. booger. My favorite is this; Herm knows that he doesn't have a chance in hell of turning this thing around before his contract expires. He also knows that, should he fail here, another HC job may be a while in coming. Therefore, he's going to hobknob with the ESPN and NFLN guys so he'll have a job after Kansas City - the kind of job that will keep his name in the media and under consideration should another HC position come available sometime in the future. What do you think?

FAX

Thought of that too and it makes sense. Espn is a popular place to dip back into coaches to. Marty, Parcells, Denny Green, etc. Not so much luck for steve mariucci or Jim Fassel(who would make a good OC and help Brodacious ) at the NFLN.

Good point and I agree.

doomy3
01-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Are you guys serious?

Who says we didn't make an offer to Gibbs? I think it was pretty clear that we were targeting him for some position. Maybe that was OLine Coach or RB Coach. Who knows? But he chose to go work for Kubiak, a guy he worked with in Denver. Just because he chose that doesn't mean we didn't try to get him. I don't know that we did either, but to assume Herm doesn't care, so he is just sitting back not doing anything is hilarious. Gibbs went to a team with a HC he worked with in the past that already runs a zone blocking scheme, and he is going with Shanahan's son. What is so surprising about that?

Mr. Laz
01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Are you guys serious?

Who says we didn't make an offer to Gibbs? I think it was pretty clear that we were targeting him for some position. Maybe that was OLine Coach or RB Coach. Who knows? But he chose to go work for Kubiak, a guy he worked with in Denver. Just because he chose that doesn't mean we didn't try to get him. I don't know that we did either, but to assume Herm doesn't care, so he is just sitting back not doing anything is hilarious. Gibbs went to a team with a HC he worked with in the past that already runs a zone blocking scheme, and he is going with Shanahan's son. What is so surprising about that?
so be happy guys ..... we tried.

we sucked, but we tried

milkman
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
we sucked, but we tried

That's the Chiefs motto.

FAX
01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Are you guys serious?

Maybe, Mr. doomy3. Maybe.

But, how do we know that Herm didn't just make a side deal with Gibbs due to Gibbs' emerging affiliation with Rizzo Jr.? Herm may well have agreed to lose to the goats for the next two years in exchange for pretending not to be interested in Gibbs so Gibbs could avoid the embarrassment of being considered for any job here in Kansas City as well as additional compensation in the form of an agreement that Gibbs would hold open a position for Herm and Dick Curl at some future time should Gibbs become HC for another organization. What about that?

FAX

doomy3
01-09-2008, 08:13 PM
so be happy guys ..... we tried.

we sucked, but we tried

That's not what I'm saying at all. I jut find it comical that people actually believe that the Hunts, CP, and Herm honestly don't care about winning.

doomy3
01-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Maybe, Mr. doomy3. Maybe.

But, how do we know that Herm didn't just make a side deal with Gibbs due to Gibbs' emerging affiliation with Rizzo Jr.? Herm may well have agreed to lose to the goats for the next two years in exchange for pretending not to be interested in Gibbs so Gibbs could avoid the embarrassment of being considered for any job here in Kansas City as well as additional compensation in the form of an agreement that Gibbs would hold open a position for Herm and Dick Curl at some future time should Gibbs become HC for another organization. What about that?

FAX

I hadn't thought about that scenario. I guess I just wasn't thinking deep enough.

On a side note, I think I'm going to try an avatar. I've never had one before, so what do you think about this one?

I could be like Petegz28 or GOATSE and just post a thread to see what people thought about it, but I just thought I would ask you instead of all the hoopla of a new thread about it.

FAX
01-09-2008, 08:23 PM
I hadn't thought about that scenario. I guess I just wasn't thinking deep enough.

On a side note, I think I'm going to try an avatar. I've never had one before, so what do you think about this one?

I could be like Petegz28 or GOATSE and just post a thread to see what people thought about it, but I just thought I would ask you instead of all the hoopla of a new thread about it.

I may not be the best person to ask, Mr. doomy3, since I use the "at work" mode in consideration of my sanity and cache.

Are you talking about the little monkey person? If so, I think it's okay. I like it, in fact. But I would think you would choose something more in line with your username like a nuclear blast, or a portrait of Dante Alighieri, or Damon Huard with a football, or something. No?

FAX

Chiefnj2
01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
It's silly to hire position coaches before the OC is hired. If the OC is going to call plays (which he will in KC since Herm has never called plays) it makes sense to let the OC have input on his coaches; except for Dick Curl.

doomy3
01-09-2008, 08:30 PM
I may not be the best person to ask, Mr. doomy3, since I use the "at work" mode in consideration of my sanity and cache.

Are you talking about the little monkey person? If so, I think it's okay. I like it, in fact. But I would think you would choose something more in line with your username like a nuclear blast, or a portrait of Dante Alighieri, or Damon Huard with a football, or something. No?

FAX

That's a good idea. I will look for something else. Like I said, I am new to the avatar thing and not really sure how I feel about it anyway. Maybe I'm just not cut out for that sort of thing.

But FYI, my username really has nothing to do with doomsday or anything like that. It is actually a nickname I coined when I was in high school that has stuck with me ever since. My last name is Dumas, so "Doomy" was what my friends called me. Sure beats having a nickname of "Dumbass" which is the obvious alternative.

How about the attachment to this post? Like that better?

Zouk
01-09-2008, 08:33 PM
On Soren Petro's podcast today Carl said that Herm offered Solari the opportunity to return as line coach but that he declined.

doomy3
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM
On Soren Petro's podcast today Carl said that Herm offered Solari the opportunity to return as line coach but that he declined.

He'll go wherever Marty goes and I'm sure there will be a thread bitching about how the Chiefs didn't try to get him to stay too.

Chiefnj2
01-09-2008, 08:36 PM

"I'm throwing you under the bus, but would you like to stay?"

doomy3
01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
"I'm throwing you under the bus, but would you like to stay?"

ROFL

So is it your stance that Solari is a good Offensive Coordinator and should have been retained in that position?

Mr. Laz
01-09-2008, 08:58 PM
I guess I just wasn't thinking deep enough..

this should be your signature

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Things are falling apart faster than the last 10 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan".

Skip Towne
01-09-2008, 09:07 PM
That's a good idea. I will look for something else. Like I said, I am new to the avatar thing and not really sure how I feel about it anyway. Maybe I'm just not cut out for that sort of thing.

But FYI, my username really has nothing to do with doomsday or anything like that. It is actually a nickname I coined when I was in high school that has stuck with me ever since. My last name is Dumas, so "Doomy" was what my friends called me. Sure beats having a nickname of "Dumbass" which is the obvious alternative.

How about the attachment to this post? Like that better?
I like dumbass better.

BigRock
01-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Are you guys serious?

Reading about Gibbs and Houston, the big thing appears to be that he's not going to be their O-line coach. He's like Kubiak's assistant or whatever. An "overseer". Here in KC, from what Mortenson and guys were saying, Herm wanted him to coach the offensive line, not to "oversee" from in the owner's box on gameday, eating little cocktail wieners on a stick.

Gibbs is an old man. Maybe he's not cut out for the trenches anymore.

doomy3
01-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I like dumbass better.

original.

doomy3
01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
this should be your signature

Why's that, Laz?

chagrin
01-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Sounds like when the rat retires he will be the GM in Houston, just seems like the logical next move

Skip Towne
01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
original.
Doomy makes you sound like a n00b. Your enemies can easily corrupt that to dummy. No, dumbass is better.

doomy3
01-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Doomy makes you sound like a n00b. Your enemies can easily corrupt that to dummy. No, dumbass is better.

Shit. Maybe I need to change my name then.

King_Chief_Fan
01-10-2008, 07:16 AM
I would guess he wasn't too gung ho about working under some dude from UTEP he never heard of.

I am certain it has more to do with Herm. THe OC hasn't been determined yet.

Pushead2
01-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Dick Curl is going to be the OC. Enuff said.

King_Chief_Fan
01-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Dick Curl is going to be the OC. Enuff said.

I wouldn't doubt that. It will be fun to watch Herm throw him under the bus next year when the team repeats 4-12 or worse.

TEX
01-10-2008, 08:33 AM
ROFL

So is it your stance that Solari is a good Offensive Coordinator and should have been retained in that position?

Not the OC named Mike Solari that Herm created. However, I would have liked to have seen how the one who started preseason '06 would have turned out, had he been allowed to do so...