PDA

View Full Version : In case Mecca has got you interested in attending USC....

mikey23545
01-11-2008, 02:10 PM
...You can apply online:

USC Application (http://chappie.stanford.edu/archives/1980s/hits_from_the_80s/USC_application/)

xbarretx
01-11-2008, 02:20 PM
I'd buy that for a dollar

unothadeal
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Signature (The messy version of your name) LMAO

noa
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
LMAO

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2008, 02:31 PM
The scholarships I got to USC were more valuable than the ones to KU, but at KU I got money back.

Easy choice.

Mojo Rising
01-11-2008, 09:12 PM
This is a joke. This is a Stanford sponsored site. Stanford is pretty elitist in their own right. Stanford has 2 types of students. Biz, med, legal students and granolas. The granolas are trustafarians.

One thing I've noticed from living in SF is that Bay Area people have a real disdain for Southern California.

However, in So Cal, people have a warm feeling about No Cal. They think of it as a nice place like Santa Barbara or Monterey, etc.

Why all the hate? Just because we send them water (yes, that is a big issue)? Why is it a 1 way street?

My guess is it is because it is warmer down there so most of the hot chicks from the Bay Area move down there.

KCGridironBeast
01-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Jealousy.

JBucc
01-11-2008, 09:29 PM
This is a joke. This is a Stanford sponsored site. WHAAAAT??? I just sent in my application. Dammit!:banghead:

penguinz
01-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Stanford has 2 types of students. Biz, med, legal students and granolas. Did you fail kindergarten math?

Mojo Rising
01-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Did you fail kindergarten math?

The first type (biz, med and legal students) and granolas. = 2. I am good at math. Ritin no good at.

penguinz
01-11-2008, 11:01 PM
The first type (biz, med and legal students) and granolas. = 2. I am good at math. Ritin no good at.Putting them in parenthesis does not make them three items all of a sudden count only as one. ;)

Mojo Rising
01-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Putting them in parenthesis does not make them three items all of a sudden count only as one. ;)

I guess you haven't been to the Stanford campus.

2 kinds of students.
#1 With ambition to succeed
#2 Already have very cush life lined up so can afford to worry about the extestential, ideal things about life. Before returning to their parents Atherton/Woodside mansion.

Both are very elitist. #1 are VERY limited in who they do business (as bad or worse than USC alumnus.)

A large majority of the venture capital firms in the SV are Stanford alumn and when they invest in a company they usually oust the founders and replace them with former Stanford MBA's to serve the C positions.

#2 Talks about saving the dolphins but when it comes down to it cares more about the language of their parents trust.

The med students and lawyers are somewhat the same but to a much lesser degree.

stevieray
01-12-2008, 01:21 AM
if a planets member schlob for a school means that much to you, I think you have an identity crisis.

Mojo Rising
01-12-2008, 02:25 AM
How did USC become Mecca's school? He hasn't even been to the campus as far as I've read online.

I have several family members who have attended and are the most down to earth people I've ever met.

My cousins are pretty involved with the football program and have scored me tickets to every game in the Bay Area in the USC section.

I am not sticking up for Mecca..but my family.

AustinChief
01-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Just to bag on USC.. I was offerred a FULL RIDE scholarship at the age of 15 and turned them down... BECAUSE... it is a crap school.

Sorry USC, you are the A&M, Michigan State or Ohio State of California...

USC sucks (at least Academically)

thanks.. but no thanks,

--Kyle

Mojo Rising
01-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Just to bag on USC.. I was offerred a FULL RIDE scholarship at the age of 15 and turned them down... BECAUSE... it is a crap school.

thanks.. but no thanks,

--Kyle

How do you explain Will Ferrell?

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2008, 03:37 AM
I was offerred a FULL RIDE scholarship at the age of 15 and turned them down

Holy Shite!

Where'd you end up going?

SPchief
01-12-2008, 03:41 AM
How do you explain Will Ferrell?

Will Ferrell makes money because he's a comedian. Me thinks that his skill isn't taught at a school.

Mojo Rising
01-12-2008, 03:47 AM
Will Ferrell makes money because he's a comedian. Me thinks that his skill isn't taught at a school.

It was a joke as his comedy is rather juvenile. Mecca must have really has created a lot of USC hate around here.

I find it hard to believe that a private University, and the success that I have seen from their grads is comparable to Mich Stae or Texas A&M.

15 year olds probably aren't the best judges of a Universities total competency.

doomy3
01-12-2008, 04:17 AM
ROFL

mikey23545
01-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Damn, this was just supposed to be a little college humor. I didn't realize people were going to take up arms over it.

kstater
01-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Damn, this was just supposed to be a little college humor. I didn't realize people were going to take up arms over it.

He's a Californian, all you need to know.

AustinChief
01-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Holy Shite!

Where'd you end up going?

I went to Michigan. They were top 5 in my field AND had the bonus of not being a complete dork school like the other schools that excelled at Aerospace.

I was exagerrating when I compared USC to Ohio State or Mich State... but they really aren't any kindo of academic powerhouse...

Rain Man
01-12-2008, 02:35 PM
USC is a second-tier school at best. The only reason you people think USC is any good is because the other schools around USC are so bad. Nobody even knows who USC is outside this site.

SCTrojan
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
USC is a second-tier school at best. The only reason you people think USC is any good is because the other schools around USC are so bad. Nobody even knows who USC is outside this site.

U.S. News and World Report ranks them as the 27th best university in the nation.

KCGridironBeast
01-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I attend for the women and the weather. Both are exceptional.

irishjayhawk
01-12-2008, 03:53 PM

thanks.. but no thanks,

--Kyle

Except for the area I want to go into: film. Go figure.

Rain Man
01-12-2008, 04:37 PM
U.S. News and World Report ranks them as the 27th best university in the nation.

Sorry, I forgot to add the [/mecca] quotes so you'd know I was doing an impersonation.

Insert Jared Allen for USC, and Chiefs for California.

milkman
01-12-2008, 05:35 PM

Will Ferrell makes money becuase this world is full of dumbasses.

vailpass
01-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Will Ferrell makes money becuase this world is full of dumbasses.

I must be a dumbass, Ferrel cracks my shit up.

SCTrojan
01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I forgot to add the [/mecca] quotes so you'd know I was doing an impersonation.

Insert Jared Allen for USC, and Chiefs for California.

Ah. In that case, please proceed. :)