PDA

View Full Version : Is Herm capable of any of the following?

Hammock Parties
01-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Surely a competent head coach could accomplish at least one of these goals given enough time on the job.

I for one believe he will accomplish none of these goals in Kansas City.

EDIT - could a moderator add the option "NONE OF THE ABOVE" to my poll?

HonestChieffan
01-12-2008, 10:06 AM
sure he is

TN_Chief
01-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Where is the "no to all of the above" choice?

Deberg_1990
01-12-2008, 10:12 AM
No

01-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Herm's the greatest. there's no doubt in my mind he can accomplish all of the above.

Rasputin
01-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Why not he was a player once? So I've heard.

milkman
01-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Is he capable?

Yes, he is.

He has already won a couple of playoff games, so he clearly has shown he's capable of that.

One could also argue that he developed Pennington in NY, who, before injuries, was a solid, if unspectacular QB.

If your question is "Do you believe he will do it in KC?", then the answer is no.

splatbass
01-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Taking the emotion out of it and using logic and reason the clear answer to all of them is YES. Some of you guys have such an irrational hatred of him that you will never see the truth though, so flame away.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Winning the Division, 10+ games, and a playoff game. I think he can do this. The others, not so much...

FringeNC
01-12-2008, 10:21 AM
It's the QB and top 10 offense that are driving the rest of the options. Really, the question is can Herm develop a top 10 offense, because all the other choices depend on that.

Just when I am ready to cut Herm some slack, and perhaps blame Solari (Just so I can fool myself into a little optimism), Herm makes an asinine statement like he did about OCs -- that he is unwilling to let the OC run a system, that the offense will revolve around the personnel, and of course Herm will always define the personnel's strength around the type of football he likes to play.

Really -- didn't Herm's comments about our "circus offense" tell you all you need to know about Herm's offensive outlook?

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Taking the emotion out of it and using logic and reason the clear answer to all of them is YES. Some of you guys have such an irrational hatred of him that you will never see the truth though, so flame away.Homer to the extreme.
LMAO

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2008, 10:25 AM
It's the QB and top 10 offense that are driving the rest of the options. Really, the question is can Herm develop a top 10 offense, because all the other choices depend on that.
Not really. With a good D, you can get pretty far with a middle-of-the-road O.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2008, 10:28 AM
"None of the above" option added.

FringeNC
01-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Not really. With a good D, you can get pretty far with a middle-of-the-road O.

a #10 offense is not that far away from middle-of-the-road -- probably a few yards per game.

splatbass
01-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Homer to the extreme.
LMAO

Not at all. I'm just tired of the people here who go on emotion and don't think, or worse follow the crowd and don't think for themselves. Some of the Herm haters were wanting to blow up the team and start over before the season, and hoping for a bad season to get a high draft pick, and now that they got their wish they are pissed about it.

Herm has won playoff games, he will do it again. Do I think he will take us to the SB? No, probably not. Do I think it is possible? Yes.

This whole thing you guys do insulting anyone who doesn't tow the "hate Herm" party line is disgusting and childish. Grow up.

HonestChieffan
01-12-2008, 10:48 AM
I figure no one is gonna ask me if he should go or stay, seems like he is going to stay, so I have to hope he can do all of those. If I think he can or not is not going to change anything so Ill hope he can.

tmax63
01-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Herm is capable of all of them though the QB and top 10 O choices are tough. Herm walked into a team that had no D 2 years ago and the OC had walked off to the Redskins. The Chiefs picked Solari for a shot at OC and worked on the D knowing it was the most pressing need. Most reasonable folks wouldn't of expected Solari to do as poorly as he has. Last year we definately needed a WR and a LT and they went out and got 1 of each. After giving Solari a 2nd year they have moved on. I think that they expected much more from the OL than was produced for whatever reason. I will wait and see how they address this offseason. So far, in all fairness, the Chiefs have looked at and addressed the most pressing problems each of these last 2 years. You can argue that you don't like how they addressed them but they did address them. For years they had no D and didn't try to build one. Herm has at least done that. Did the rookie OC work out? No, but he sure looked like a good choice at the time and deserved a decent shot. Did a FA LT and the young OL guys work out? No, but again the steps the Chiefs took before last season were logical steps to fix a problem and unfortunately didn't pan out. 2 years isn't long enough to fix the problems the Chiefs had and throwing Herm under the bus after 2 years and starting all over again will just set them back another year or 2. As long as they keep seeing the problems and keep trying to fix them I'll keeping rooting for them to succeed.

splatbass
01-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Herm is capable of all of them though the QB and top 10 O choices are tough. Herm walked into a team that had no D 2 years ago and the OC had walked off to the Redskins. The Chiefs picked Solari for a shot at OC and worked on the D knowing it was the most pressing need. Most reasonable folks wouldn't of expected Solari to do as poorly as he has. Last year we definately needed a WR and a LT and they went out and got 1 of each. After giving Solari a 2nd year they have moved on. I think that they expected much more from the OL than was produced for whatever reason. I will wait and see how they address this offseason. So far, in all fairness, the Chiefs have looked at and addressed the most pressing problems each of these last 2 years. You can argue that you don't like how they addressed them but they did address them. For years they had no D and didn't try to build one. Herm has at least done that. Did the rookie OC work out? No, but he sure looked like a good choice at the time and deserved a decent shot. Did a FA LT and the young OL guys work out? No, but again the steps the Chiefs took before last season were logical steps to fix a problem and unfortunately didn't pan out. 2 years isn't long enough to fix the problems the Chiefs had and throwing Herm under the bus after 2 years and starting all over again will just set them back another year or 2. As long as they keep seeing the problems and keep trying to fix them I'll keeping rooting for them to succeed.

I agree with this. The funny thing is, when they chose Solari as OC it was a popular choice here. People didn't want to lose the Vermiel offense and they thought making Solari the OC would be a great idea. Now many of those same people are pissed that Solari was OC and blame Herm for it.

You just can't please some people.

Hammock Parties
01-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Telling quote from an anonymous NFL front officer:

“Herm (Edwards) came to the Chiefs breathing fire. He had all the answers. You used to hear him before you saw him. He’s humbled now. The team is in bad shape, and it’s not going to get reversed quick. They are going to free up a lot of money and have got to revamp the roster. They have a lot of holes that have to be filled. Half the team might not be coming back, especially the offensive line. It needs a complete makeover. (ORT) Chris Terry probably should never have been there in the first place. It’s time to part ways with Kyle Turley. The center (Casey Wiegmann) is older than dirt. The whole receiving corps needs to be revamped.”

splatbass
01-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Telling quote from an anonymous NFL front officer:

Tell us something we don't know, Goatse. You need an anonymous source to tell you this?

Hammock Parties
01-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Tell us something we don't know, Goatse. You need an anonymous source to tell you this?

Absolutely not. It's just interesting to hear it from a supposed "expert" voice.

el borracho
01-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Herm won't do any of those things in the coming season. If he is here beyond that... [shudder]... there is a remote chance he could win the division and maybe even a playoff game but the odds against him doing this are probably not much better than the odds of being struck by lightning, winning the lottery and being attacked by a shark, all in the same year.

milkman
01-12-2008, 04:41 PM
I agree with this. The funny thing is, when they chose Solari as OC it was a popular choice here. People didn't want to lose the Vermiel offense and they thought making Solari the OC would be a great idea. Now many of those same people are pissed that Solari was OC and blame Herm for it.

You just can't please some people.

I asked the question at the time he was promoted to OC, what has Solari done to qualify him for the position?

In all honesty, there were times when I saw potential for him as OC, but working for Herman ****ing Edwards really stunted his development.

Add in the fact that he had a horrid O-Line to work with (something that he should get blamed for), he never really had a chance.

I don't believe that any OC has a chance to really succeed as long as they are working for Herman ****ing Edwards.