PDA

View Full Version : St. Peyton going home...little brother going on!

Gracie Dean
01-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I am sick of the peyton love fest

I think this is good

I just hope the Chargers can romp the pats

Simplex3
01-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Little Peyton is going to go and get his ass handed to him by Favre.

Gracie Dean
01-13-2008, 07:13 PM
yup

tommykat
01-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Was a good upset day.....LMAO:thumb:

Coach
01-13-2008, 07:15 PM

I don't know, I think this game is going to be closer than people think.

Bearcat
01-13-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm sure a lot of talk will be about how "Eli won and Peyton lost", yet neither was really the reason for their team's outcome. :shrug:

xbarretx
01-13-2008, 07:24 PM
I am sick of the peyton love fest

I think this is good

I just hope the Chargers can romp the pats

no, i hope they beat the chargers and then get whipped in the superbowl. i would rather them lose at the last minute.

as for Peyton, whats to hate about the guy? oh yeah ... hes a good QB i forgot. Doom on him for that. Screw Brady!

as for Chargers and Rivers...screw him. when he was giving Cutler guff at their last game i was like sweet (as we all hate the broncos) but after that game i realized hes always doing that. yelling back at the crowd...he thinks hes all that and this next game is the only game i root for the Pats as they need to put Rivers in his place!

xbarretx
01-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm sure a lot of talk will be about how "Eli won and Peyton lost", yet neither was really the reason for their team's outcome. :shrug:

QFT

Hammock Parties
01-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Anyone else think Peyton is a little overrated? Last year the Colts carried him to a championship. This year he blew another game at home in the playoffs.

Bearcat
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
as for Chargers and Rivers...screw him. when he was giving Cutler guff at their last game i was like sweet (as we all hate the broncos) but after that game i realized hes always doing that. yelling back at the crowd...he thinks hes all that and this next game is the only game i root for the Pats as they need to put Rivers in his place!

Yeah, I've been watching Rivers do that ever since I went to the Tangerine Bowl in Orlando, and he yelled at the Kansas crowd while whooping the Jayhawks. He's always talking, and when things don't go his way he's a huge whiner.... which is funny, because it seems to have spread to other players on the team.

I wouldn't have cared between the Patriots and Colts, but I'll be rooting for the Patriots against the Bolts.

xbarretx
01-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Anyone else think Brady is a little overrated? Last year the Pats carried him to the AFC championship. This year he will blow another game at the superbowl.

FYP ;) LMAO

p.s. seriously though, on the subject of overrated QB's Peyton does not hold the crown

BigVE
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Peyton throwing two INT's inside their opposing 10yd line surely had something to do with them losing.

xbarretx
01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I've been watching Rivers do that ever since I went to the Tangerine Bowl in Orlando, and he yelled at the Kansas crowd while whooping the Jayhawks. He's always talking, and when things don't go his way he's a huge whiner.... which is funny, because it seems to have spread to other players on the team.

I wouldn't have cared between the Patriots and Colts, but I'll be rooting for the Patriots against the Bolts.

good man, you get a big glass of "REP draft" :BLVD: extra frosty

kstater
01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Peyton throwing two INT's inside their opposing 10yd line surely had something to do with them losing.

Yup, the receivers not holding on to the ball had nothing to do with it.
Both those picks were drops.

Bearcat
01-13-2008, 07:40 PM

The first interception was off the hands of a receiver... it was overthrown, so I'll give you that one. The second was thrown right at Keith inside the 5 and it went through his hands.

He also had 400 yards passing and 3 TDs. If I were a Colts fan, I'd point to the defense, dropped passes, the offensive line, Harrison's fumble, and the defense again, before Peyton Manning.

This isn't pointed at you.... but I know with the media hype and so forth, people think he should play perfectly every game and he should rise his team above all mistakes they make to win every single game, but I'm pretty sure other great QBs have lost games, too.

BigVE
01-13-2008, 08:00 PM
The first interception was off the hands of a receiver... it was overthrown, so I'll give you that one. The second was thrown right at Keith inside the 5 and it went through his hands.

He also had 400 yards passing and 3 TDs. If I were a Colts fan, I'd point to the defense, dropped passes, the offensive line, Harrison's fumble, and the defense again, before Peyton Manning.

This isn't pointed at you.... but I know with the media hype and so forth, people think he should play perfectly every game and he should rise his team above all mistakes they make to win every single game, but I'm pretty sure other great QBs have lost games, too.

I'm not pointing at Peyton per say, but the fact that they lost out on two scoring opportunities.

kstater
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm not pointing at Peyton per say, but the fact that they lost out on two scoring opportunities.

Fair enough. The way you responded to the post you quoted made it seem like it was on Peyton. I agree, two turnovers inside the 30 will kill a team. Mentioned it in the game thread that it would come back to bite them.

FAX
01-13-2008, 09:03 PM

I think that's an accurate assessment.

Did you know that in Fa-vah-ra's first season, he was 0 for 4 with two picks?

FAX