PDA

View Full Version : Pats are guaranteed to go 19-0 now

dirk digler
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Wow everything broke right for the Pats and the Packers.

Chargers are too banged up and I can't see how the Packers or the Giants could beat the Pats with 2 weeks to prepare.

Of course maybe by guaranteeing this I will jinx them. :D

BucEyedPea
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Be careful what you wish for. o:-)

Bowser
01-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Be careful what you wish for. o:-)

Just pick a team already.

Spott
01-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I think they would have gone 19-0 regardless of who they play.

dirk digler
01-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I think they would have gone 19-0 regardless of who they play.

I think the Colts would have had the best shot to beat them but it is all but guaranteed they will destroy the Chargers again

BucEyedPea
01-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Just pick a team already.

I have. The Bucs. But they were eliminated. Might as well root for my roots.

Halfcan
01-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Don't count the Packers out/

stevieray
01-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Brett Favre.

While I totally respect the Pats, if anyone can go toe to toe with Brady for four qtrs, it's Favre...while Brady is like a surgeon, Favre is like a magician...I'm hoping for this matchup, could be the best SB in years...

dirk digler
01-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Brett Favre.

While I totally respect the Pats, if anyone can go toe to toe with Brady for four qtrs, it's Favre...while Brady is like a surgeon, Favre is like a magician...I'm hoping for this matchup, could be the best SB in years...

Depends on which Favre shows up

Chiefs Pantalones
It's gonna be Pats vs. Packers.

It'll be close, but the Pats will take it. 19-0.

I'm going to record it and sell it years down the road. It should be worth something hopefully :)

Bowser
could be the best SB in years...

Man, I hope. More often than not, the actual game of the Super Bowl turns out to be a gigantic turd.

dirk digler
01-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I would like to hear Tiki Barber open his mouth now

stevieray
01-13-2008, 07:46 PM

You mean the one that hasn't missed a game in eighteen years? the Favre that has led the Pack to the Championship game...?I think it's pretty evident which one has shown up....if Grant gets their running game going, Favre will be deadly.

anyone else think of Ben Stiller pronouncing his name?

Coach
01-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Brett Favre.

You read my mind. I believe GB defense can give New England some fits, and Favre can make some special stuff happen. Brett looks like he's in his prime again.

Bearcat
01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Brett Favre.

I was looking forward to watching Dallas/NE, but I think you're right. Green Bay's running game keeps getting better, and Favre obviously gets the nod over any of the other remaining QBs that could face NE. The Packers' defense is pretty good, too.

Bowser
01-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Fahv-uh-ruh

"I'm here to play the Dolphins, dumbass."

BigMeatballDave
01-13-2008, 07:51 PM
I am on the Packer bandwagon!

ClevelandBronco
01-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Future trivia question: Who did the Patriots beat in the AFC Championship game in their first perfect season?

Thig Lyfe
01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
could be the best SB in years...

Yep, I hope that's the Super Bowl we get.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Belichick will design schemes to deal with Favre and the lethal WRs he has. They'll stop the running game. Close, but no cigar for the Packers.

Boyceofsummer
01-13-2008, 08:00 PM
You mean the one that hasn't missed a game in eighteen years? the Favre that has led the Pack to the Championship game...?I think it's pretty evident which one has shown up....if Grant gets their running game going, Favre will be deadly.

anyone else think of Ben Stiller pronouncing his name?

http://webedition.salina.com/pdfEdition_show_pdf.php?file=nei-12-24-2007-a01.pdf

I'm going to show up with a Camreon Diaz mask-on-a-stick. Kinda like the Mangino-mask-on-a-stick.

JohninGpt
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Brett Favre.

Yep, Frarvrerevre is sneaky and unpredictable this could be a fun game to watch.
They both have to get through next weekend first though, the other teams didn't get there by sucking.

stevieray
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
It was fun watching the Pack win the snow like they did...

...like something special was happening...

meh...maybe it 's just me.

keg in kc
01-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Favre is perfectly capable of coming out and throwing 3 picks next week.

'course, so is the other manning.

stevieray
01-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Yep, Frarvrerevre is sneaky and unpredictable this could be a fun game to watch.
They both have to get through next weekend first though, the other teams didn't get there by sucking.

Oh, I hear ya, I just think that homefield advantage comes into play now more than before.....especially for the Chargers....won at home..won in a dome...it's gonna be coooooold...still, should be a great game..I just don't see Eli outgunning Brett at Lambeau..

Bump
01-13-2008, 11:16 PM
who would have thought that either the Packers or Giants would be in the superbowl this year? But I guess we can witness history if the Pats go 19-0

cadmonkey
01-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Its expected to be a COLD ONE up here in New England next weekend. High of 15 degrees and partly cloudy.

I wonder how the Chargers are going to like the bitter cold.

Rausch
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
**** SD...The last insult to suffer is a division rival once again going to a super bowl while we sit in our suck. And they have no chance in hell at beating the Pats. That game will make OJ feel guilty.

**** Indi...They removed us from the playoffs too many times to remember. May they and Payed-a-Ton choke FOREVER.

**** Dallas...leave this decade alone.

That said, from here on out, long as SD is gone I don't care who wins. I'm pulling for Green Bay though...

dirk digler
01-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Its expected to be a COLD ONE up here in New England next weekend. High of 15 degrees and partly cloudy.

I wonder how the Chargers are going to like the bitter cold.

They will fold like a cheap suit especially if Rivers and LT aren't playing

Brock
01-14-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm sure NE won't be looking to really rub it in this time and make LT cry (again).

penguinz
01-14-2008, 08:37 AM
They will fold like a cheap suit especially if Rivers and LT aren't playing
Rivers is horrible.

Dylan
01-14-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm so glad no one picked my Giants! I like it like that. ... :D

oh. ... a nice thing happened in the Giants/Cowboys game-day thread-- i went over 1,000 posts... :eek:

i gotsa to take my 1,000+ posts and head on out -- ya'll place nice o:-)

Knob
01-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Wow everything broke right for the Pats and the Packers.

Chargers are too banged up and I can't see how the Packers or the Giants could beat the Pats with 2 weeks to prepare.

Dear Mr. Dirk Digler

I'm sticking with Chargers vs Packers in Superbowl. Chargers get some pay back for last years Pats disrespect. That's why they play the games guys.

Yours sincerely
Mr. Knob

Sure-Oz
01-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I really need the pats to lose, i bet my gfs dad $50 they wouldnt win it all! Odds are in my favor but still...go SD

beach tribe
01-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Go Pack. Their fans deserve it.

underEJ
01-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I am so ready to never see Nick Buoniconti celebrate that stupid Dolphins season ever again. I too hope to see a Packers-Pats Super Bowl be the greatest ever, but if Favre magic is going to pull out a last second win, like he does then I'd rather see the Giants get crushed and put an end to the Dolphin reign of poor sportsmanship.

El Jefe
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM

Exactly.

StcChief
01-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Brett Favre.

While I totally respect the Pats, if anyone can go toe to toe with Brady for four qtrs, it's Favre...while Brady is like a surgeon, Favre is like a magician...I'm hoping for this matchup, could be the best SB in years...Ditto.... Cowgirls getting beat (beating themselves)

assures a good SB. which has been lacking for some time.

GB wins, I think Favre hangs 'em up.

talastan
01-14-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm sure NE won't be looking to really rub it in this time and make LT cry (again).
I'd love to see them do the lights out dance once again. ROFL

And watch Merriman get all pissed off. If Rivers and LT are out this will defintely not be a pretty one for Sandy Eggo. I agree with the Pats vs. the Pack for the SB. Would love to see Farve hang em' up winning the SB!! Great story in the making.. :D

Drunk
01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Rivers is horrible.
Based on the fact that he leads all quarterbacks in yards in the playoffs? Or that he won playoff games injured, WITHOUT LT and Gates?

Sure-Oz
01-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Rivers is the most mature QB out there. ill give him that

Mecca
01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
If the Packers play the Pats their defensive scheme and weakness becomes a huge problem..they always play man up and their safeties are a liability in coverage...if that continues you'll get Randy Moss streaking deep down field.

StcChief
01-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Rivers is the most mature QB out there. ill give him that as he lips off to the Indy fans, his maturity was showing.

where was the Plummer 'Bird' ... oh he was winning at the time.