PDA

View Full Version : Everyone who has cancelled their Sunday Ticket Check In here:

Logical
01-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Not the rebuilding for me but the fact we kept both Herm and more importantly Carl.:cuss:

cdcox
01-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Your boycotting of the Sunday Ticket is probably costing the Chiefs less than $2.

The peace of mind knowing that I can watch any NFL game that I choose is worth the price.

xbarretx
01-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Not the rebuilding for me but the fact we kept both Herm and more importantly Carl.:cuss:

argh, that just means your not stuck with time warner who has no options :cuss: no sunday ticket no nfl network ! :cuss:

Skip Towne
01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Your boycotting of the Sunday Ticket is probably costing the Chiefs less than $2.

The peace of mind knowing that I can watch any NFL game that I choose is worth the price.
Exactly right. The Ticket isn't for everybody. It is intended for people who are displaced ftom their home team. So a Browns fan can get their games while they live in LA. People should be damn glad Directv does it since they do it at very little or no profit. Only about 10% of D*'s customers subscribe to the Ticket.

kcpasco
01-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I canceled it before this season.
And after this train wreck of a season, one of the best decisions I've made.

el borracho
01-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Did you cancel hoping to somehow show the Chiefs your displeasure or did you cancel only to save yourself the aggravation of watching Herm's Heroes on the field?

OnTheWarpath15
01-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Did you cancel hoping to somehow show the Chiefs your displeasure or did you cancel only to save yourself the aggravation of watching Herm's Heroes on the field?

I would hope the latter, because Herm/Carl/Clark will never know he dropped ST.

ceebz
01-13-2008, 11:30 PM

Ditto.

el borracho
01-13-2008, 11:39 PM
I would hope the latter, because Herm/Carl/Clark will never know he dropped ST.
Well, yeah, that is why I am asking. If he is doing it for his own sanity then it makes sense; if he thinks it would affect Carl and/ or Herm at all then he is mistaken.

I probably won't make any effort to get to Arrowhead until Herm is gone but I won't stop watching the games.

Phobia
01-13-2008, 11:41 PM
I canceled mine. It's not so much the Chiefs as it is the entire NFL.

el borracho
01-13-2008, 11:42 PM
I canceled mine. It's not so much the Chiefs as it is the entire NFL.
Wow. What did Nick Athan do to you?

Logical
01-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Did you cancel hoping to somehow show the Chiefs your displeasure or did you cancel only to save yourself the aggravation of watching Herm's Heroes on the field?Aggravation of watching Herm's Heroes on the field.

alanm
01-13-2008, 11:47 PM
Exactly right. The Ticket isn't for everybody. It is intended for people who are displaced ftom their home team. So a Browns fan can get their games while they live in LA. People should be damn glad Directv does it since they do it at very little or no profit. Only about 10% of D*'s customers subscribe to the Ticket.
I ain't buying the "Operational costs are going up so we jack the price of Sunday Ticket again next year" Believe me their making money. :cuss:

el borracho
01-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Aggravation of watching Herm's Heroes on the field.
Ah! Does that mean you will be here at the planet less? I predict a real cranky planet for the next 12 months, minimum (with the possible exceptions of April and May).

KCwolf
01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
uhhhh....no.

I'll be back for Sunday Ticket this year and every year it's offered.

Yeah my team sucks....but that's not Sunday Ticket's fault.......I won't be stuck watching Arizona/SF.

Best of luck with that.

Eleazar

That's a lot of subscriptions.

Maybe NFL Sunday Ticket is sold at little or no profit, but it brings a lot of people in for Direct TV.

Eleazar
And yes... if every Chiefs fan canceled Sunday Ticket the team probably wouldn't get $1 less.

Logical
01-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Ah! Does that mean you will be here at the planet less? I predict a real cranky planet for the next 12 months, minimum (with the possible exceptions of April and May).

Nah, I am already around less than I was two years ago. The old crew is almost gone.

whoaskew
01-14-2008, 12:17 AM
I canceled it before this season.
And after this train wreck of a season, one of the best decisions I've made.

X2

smittysbar
01-14-2008, 01:07 AM
I love the ticket and never would get rid of it

kcxiv
01-14-2008, 01:21 AM
I thought about it, but then i sit here and think. Ok, Raiders and Niners?? How about any game i want to watch. So i am going to stay. I really want the MLB one, but 2 of them is just to much.

dr00d
01-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Here I was, thinking I was going to have to get the ticket next year, just so I can watch chiefs games since they will probably be blacked out most of the season...

mikey23545
01-14-2008, 02:31 AM
This thread is a great idea!

Now we'll have a list of all the fair-weather fans in one place!

Troy1220
01-14-2008, 03:56 AM
I only got The Ticket to watch KC here in Michigan. I don't really watch the other games. I just bought a slingbox for my brother in Olathe. I'll just hook up to his TV next year.

Troy

Kerberos
01-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Does canceling my "SEASON" Tickets count?

kc1977
01-14-2008, 07:31 AM

Just curious, if this is true, then why does DirecTV go out of its way and spend tons of money to remain the exclusive provider of Sunday Ticket. Seems to me if it wasn't a cash cow for them, they wouldn't be so concerned with making sure that they are the only provider able to offer the Ticket.

I love DirecTV and I love my Sunday Ticket, and I will never give up the Ticket. But to be honest, if I wasn't forced to get DirecTV because of Sunday Ticket, other providers seem to offer better pricing on packages than DirecTV, and I'd probably shop around and search out the best deal. But, because of Sunday Ticket, I don't ever consider that.

WilliamTheIrish
01-14-2008, 07:50 AM
I dumped it. The price was getting ridiculous. If there is a game I absolutely have to watch, I'll find a place.

Skip Towne
01-14-2008, 08:04 AM
That's a lot of subscriptions.

Maybe NFL Sunday Ticket is sold at little or no profit, but it brings a lot of people in for Direct TV.
That's why they do it.

dirk digler
01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
I dumped it. The price was getting ridiculous.

I agree and that is why this past season was my last. $250 is pretty high IMHO it should be $100.

Skip Towne
01-14-2008, 08:43 AM
I agree and that is why this past season was my last. $250 is pretty high IMHO it should be $100.
Why should it be $100?

dtebbe
01-14-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm on the fence... the price was already insane, and then they started charging $99 for the "superfan" package to get HD... I managed to get them to take it off my bill last year, but they wouldn't budge this year.

I really wish they would come up with a "Team Ticket" where you could pay $100 and just get all of your teams' games. Of coarse that will never happen.

DT

Frazod
01-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Why should it be $100?

It should be free, IMO. We're all paying several hundred dollars to watch programs that are HALF COMMERCIALS. Beautiful racket they've got there.

As for cancelling, I too am on the fence. I'll probably make the decision based on the draft. But I'll need to get a sense of real improvement before I commit to dropping all that cash again. This past season was a total waste of money.

dirk digler
01-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Why should it be $100?

Because I am cheap :D

It should be alot cheaper than $250 though. I bet next year they raise it again so it will be around $275-$300 which is ridiculous

Skip Towne
01-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Because I am cheap :D

It should be alot cheaper than $250 though. I bet next year they raise it again so it will be around $275-$300 which is ridiculous
How are you figuring what it should be? Not arguing just interested.

dirk digler
01-14-2008, 09:24 AM
How are you figuring what it should be? Not arguing just interested.

I am not doing any figuring I am just stating my opinion.

How much do you think Sunday Ticket should be?

Eleazar
01-14-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm on the fence... the price was already insane, and then they started charging $99 for the "superfan" package to get HD... I managed to get them to take it off my bill last year, but they wouldn't budge this year.

That's insane, that you pay whatever it is, $250 to watch games but if you want HD, oh, that's $100 more. Meanwhile they are giving HD away on other channels. :rolleyes:

Iowanian
01-14-2008, 09:40 AM
I had Sunday Ticket and the full movie channel package free until Feb, Which reminds me, its time to call and change that plan back to what I want.

I liked the Ticket for flipping through other games as much or more than the couple of times I needed it to watch the Chiefs.

I'm not sure if I'll pay for it next year or not.

I won't make any decisions on my Chiefs expenditures until I can make an informed opinion, once the Coaching staff, drafted players and FAs are chosen.

Skip Towne
01-14-2008, 09:51 AM
I am not doing any figuring I am just stating my opinion.

How much do you think Sunday Ticket should be?
I don't have the information I would need to make that guess. I thought maybe you did.

Chief Henry
01-14-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm going to renew my Sunday ticket...

Monty
01-14-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm going to renew my Sunday ticket...

Same here, unless I do some homework regarding getting a slingbox. $200 is crazy unless I can find another alternative that is cheaper, but I won't miss the games and I won't be subject to the games shown in the Dallas market.

The Franchise
01-14-2008, 10:01 AM
I got them to cut it down to 4 payments of $50 instead of the usual 5. I guess I'll just wait until after the draft and FA to see if it'll be worth it to order. Ahhh who am I kidding? I'm not going to be stuck watching the 49ers and Raiders.

dirk digler
01-14-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't have the information I would need to make that guess. I thought maybe you did.

If my calculations are correct there is 256 regular season games and they charge $250 so it is .97 a game.

Of course if you add in the SuperFan package that will be over a dollar a game.

The Franchise
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
I really wish they would come up with a "Team Ticket" where you could pay $100 and just get all of your teams' games. Of coarse that will never happen.

DT
I'd definitely pay $100 for that.

Nzoner
01-14-2008, 12:52 PM
The Chiefs have no bearing on whether I keep the ticket or not,I love the NFL,play fantasy football for money and so the price of the ticket combined with the extra $30 a month for the ticket on all the tv's is more than fair.

1ChiefsDan
01-14-2008, 12:57 PM

The peace of mind knowing that I can watch any NFL game that I choose is worth the price.Same here - even though I mostly watch the Chiefs.

smittysbar
01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
$30's for it to be on extra TV's?????????????????

Swanman
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM

Instead of looking at the price by itself, most people are pissed at the annual increases in price over the past several years. The price increase on the base package itself has averaged around 25% per year off the top of my head and then they added in the $99 "Superfan" charge recently which is nothing more than an HD surcharge. There are very few products that can warrant that many price increases, but Directv knows they have die-hard fans that would pay almost any price for the Ticket. That and they got ass-raped by the NFL in the latest contract in order to keep the Ticket exclusive to DTV, so they're passing down that ass-raping to their customers.

Nzoner
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
$30's for it to be on extra TV's?????????????????

My gameroom has 7 tv's I have each tv withj its own receiver so we can watch 7 different games at once.The additional charge is $5 per receiver per month to have all programming available.

smittysbar
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
gottcha

HemiEd
01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
The old crew is almost gone. Sad how things change and time marches on. We have seen this before.

HemiEd
01-14-2008, 01:50 PM

DT
I wish they would do that in all sports. Baseball, College Basketball, college Football etc. I and would buy all of those packages. But you will never see me watch a baseball game unless it is the Royals. The college BB and Football ESPN gameplan has gotten too expensive as well.

HemiEd
01-14-2008, 01:58 PM
I didn't think it would ever happen, but HERM ****ING EDWARDS has made me an NFL fan, not just the Chiefs fan anymore. I am stuck, I enjoy watching the games too much. The $100 for HD really pisses me off though, it bullshit.

Frazod
01-14-2008, 02:02 PM
I didn't think it would ever happen, but HERM ****ING EDWARDS has made me an NFL fan, not just the Chiefs fan anymore. I am stuck, I enjoy watching the games too much. The $100 for HD really pisses me off though, it bullshit.

Reminds me of the old Gilligan's Island episode where everybody was fleecing the Howells. "Now that you've bought these candles, perhaps I could interest you in some wicks."

Greedy bastards. Unless the Chiefs' draft completely refills my soul with hope, they can kiss my ass.

HemiEd
01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Reminds me of the old Gilligan's Island episode where everybody was fleecing the Howells. "Now that you've bought these candles, perhaps I could interest you in some wicks."

Greedy bastards. Unless the Chiefs' draft completely refills my soul with hope, they can kiss my ass.

Love the way DTV markets the HD/Superfan/gamemix package.
DTV: How could you not love it for only $99.
fan: That is too much.
DTV: What, you aren't thrilled, too bad, GFY.
fan: But I don't need the rest of that stuff, just the HD.
DTV: Too bad, GFY.

chiefsfan1963
01-14-2008, 07:32 PM
As I said in a previous thread I'm skipping the NFL Ticket next year and possibly the next 2 years or until CP and his staff are no longer with the Chiefs.

This team will go no where until their departure. Watching the Chargers win yesterday solidified it for me. Chargers GM has guts and is willing to take risks.

Watching Kawika Mitchell in a NY Giant uniform again confirmed my conviction that it's time for a complete change in Chief's Front Office.

Even with a high draft pick and the 10 picks I have no more excitement for the franchise given that it's hijacked by CP and mediocrity.

At least with DV we had the best O in the league and a team that had a chance of winning. The franchise is headed in the wrong direction and won't get back on the road to recovery until the complete firing of the entire Front Office.

Looking forward to getting my team back in the next couple of years. Until then I will save about $500 and a lot of heartache.

dtebbe
01-15-2008, 12:05 AM
What we need to do is band together in groups of 5 or 6 and split the cost of the ticket. Have one master account holder add 5 recievers and ship them out to the other 5 members of the group. $250/5 +$5 each would be pretty reasonable..... and a way to "stick it to the man"

DT

smittysbar
01-15-2008, 12:50 AM
What we need to do is band together in groups of 5 or 6 and split the cost of the ticket. Have one master account holder add 5 recievers and ship them out to the other 5 members of the group. $250/5 +$5 each would be pretty reasonable..... and a way to "stick it to the man"

DT

We used to do this.