PDA

View Full Version : GRETZ: Chiefs fans are wrong-headed and depressed

Hammock Parties
01-14-2008, 08:41 AM
And stupid.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/01/14/gretz_an_international_mailbag/

The Chiefs Nation is a very international bunch. In the last two weeks, I’ve received e-mail from four different continents. Here’s from the folks around the world and what they are asking and saying about the Chiefs.

From Graeme, whose e-mail address indicates he’s from Canada:

“Exactly why should anyone with properly functioning mental faculties “bet on” a GM who has overseen zero playoff wins in a decade and a half to restore a franchise to greatness? He’s done it before? I disagree. We’ve had regular season success, I’ll grant you that. But playoff wins are what the NFL is about, and how a GM with as little playoff success as Carl is granted total immunity is beyond logical comprehension, unless the rumours of the Hunt family’s frugality are true (I’ve read that the Chiefs’ payroll is among the league’s smallest).

The Chiefs’ front office futility is beginning to look like the Lions’. You can blab all you want about the contribution of the young players (contributed us all the way to a 9 game losing streak!) but kcchiefs.com has often repeated that a draft class cannot be properly evaluated for several years. I’m not convinced yet of our young safeties, who seem to miss too many tackles and produce too few big plays. Likewise with Derrick Johnson. Besides him, D-Bowe (maybe) and Hali, who would start on a playoff team? Who would start on New England and Indianapolis? These teams are our competitors. We shouldn’t be satisfied with competing with wild cards and almost-were’s. Call me a pessimist; call me a fair-weather fan. I understand you have to tow the company line. But please don’t insult the fan base. We’re not idiots. We’ve witnessed the 12 losses.

“I have no faith in Carl or Herm ever landing any team in the Super Bowl. Carl can’t evaluate talent, and Herm simply can’t out-coach the league’s top coaches. You’re obviously more patient than I, although I’d contend that a decade is more than patient enough to wait for a playoff win. I don’t plan on living to 300, I’d like to see a playoff win sometime soon.

“The likelihood of you printing this article is probably comparable to the likelihood of a Super Bowl trophy in KC in the next 5 years; you only seem to print letters by buffoons whom you can turn the tables on in an attempt to deflect blame (which looks overly defensive, by the way, and hurts your credibility). So I will at least ask you to halt your poorly disguised, biased defense of unsatisfactory accomplishment and write about something else for once.

“To ask us to watch Herman Edwards football for 16 games and then read Herman Edwards (defensive) articles is too much to ask of the ill-treated fan base.”

Graeme, if indeed you are north of the border I’m afraid the polar winters have turned you into far more than a pessimist. Your glass isn’t half empty; it sounds like it’s never had anything in it. Maybe you should hit the Labatt Blue a bit more often. Cheer up pal; it’s not nearly as bad as you think.

First a correction: you’ve read that the Chiefs payroll is among the league’s smallest? Then you are reading bad information. I’ve not seen the final numbers for this season, but the Chiefs are likely right around the middle of the pack when it comes to what they pay their players. The Hunt’s are frugal? Did you notice at all the big money they paid last year to Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson, including big guarantees for both the tight end and running back.

You are correct that a draft class cannot be properly evaluated for several years. So why do you then throw the players who are on the field from those classes under the bus so quickly? Have they made mistakes? Oh my yes. That’s how you get better in this league. Those miscues stick out more often when you are playing with a group of guys all doing the same thing. Plug a rookie or younger player into the Colts or Patriots, teams dominated by veteran players, those mistakes are more likely to get covered up.

A draft class can’t be properly evaluated until the players get on the field; that’s one thing that Herm Edwards is making sure happens. These guys are playing. If he’s making the wrong selections, then the guy who will pay the price is Herm Edwards.

I can’t believe that you’ve been a Chiefs fan very long, or you would not discount so thoroughly what Carl Peterson was able to do with this franchise in the 1990s. They have not gotten the job done in the last decade and for that, he deserves blame.

As for printing your e-mail, that’s no big deal. You are allowed to have your opinions, no matter how wrong-headed and depressing they may be. My advice – whether you take it or leave it – is to go grab a Molson’s and get that glass half-full.

From David, writing to us from Iraq:

“Are there any candidates on a short list for offensive coordinator? How about Art Shell for O-Line coach? Please do an article about what we can expect to look for with our Chiefs during the next 3 months prior to the draft. Scouting, releasing players, signing Free Agents, re-signing Allen, when can we expect the new coaches to be hired, what are the player and coaches schedules like in the off season, etc? And, are any Chiefs coming to Iraq again? I’d like to meet them if they come to the Baghdad area (Camp Slayer).”

First David, thank you for your service and stay safe, so you can roll through this Chiefs off-season. By the time you read this, the Chiefs will be very close to filling their coaching positions, especially offensive coordinator. They’ll want that guy in place by the time of the Senior Bowl week practices, which begin January 21st in Mobile, Alabama. Where it will end up, I’m not sure, but in talking with Herm Edwards, I know he really likes the idea of a coordinator who doesn’t come in with a system, but evaluates what is on hand and creates a Chiefs offense. Edwards wants to implement the Denver blocking style, so whomever he hires will have to come equipped with a background in that scheme. That would lave out Art Shell.

There will be a lot of players released or allowed to move onto free agency here in the next six to seven weeks. Probably 15 to 18 players in all will likely move off the roster. Just check the ages on a Chiefs roster and most of those players will be over the age of 30. Others will be young players who haven’t been able to make their way into the starting lineup or have lost their jobs in the opening formation.

Jared Allen will wear a Chiefs uniform next year, whether with a long-term contract or as the club’s franchise player, earning more than $9 million for the season.

Edwards hasn’t finalized the team’s off-season schedule quite yet, but they’ll stay scattered around the country probably until March 1st and then players will start making their way back to the stadium and the workout facilities there. Complicating matters this year is the construction going on at the team’s practice building. Right now, the team’s weight room is in the process of being moved into the visitor’s locker room inside Arrowhead.

As for Chiefs that may be headed to Iraq, I haven’t heard of any, but stay in touch with kcchiefs.com and you can bet if any players are headed that way, they’ll make a mention.

Again, stay safe.

From Neil, an Englishman living in Ireland:

“I was just reading your ‘Dipping in the Mailbag’ piece and was especially interested in the letter on what it means to be a Chiefs fan. I’m English and live in Ireland but I’ve been supporting the Chiefs since we signed Montana way back when. My flatmate at Uni was a big Redskins fan and when we watched the highlights Montana was about the only player I’d heard of so I thought “what the hell, I’ll support them.”

“I’ve stuck with the Chiefs through the years, I’ve been taking vacations based on the Chiefs schedule for the past 11 years. I’ve even worn my Chiefs jersey to a game at Oakland and taken 3 hours of abuse (which was fun). I genuinely can’t understand the fans who say I’m never going back to Arrowhead because the Chiefs sucked this year. Seriously??? It’s the best place I’ve been to see a game and I’ve traveled all over the place watching the Chiefs. Were we good this year? Hell no! But you don’t just stop supporting your team because of that! Crazy talk.

“This year I was at the game in San Diego (fantastic), then onto KC for the home games with Jax (less said the better) and Cincinnati (good win).

“Anyhow, you said in that piece that we need to draft a T, G and C this year. While I agree with you that the draft is the way forward, is this not just too big a rookie chunk to bite off? 1st round pick almost has to go T but there could be a couple of good FA G available (I’m thinking Faneca or Lilja). Surely starting 3 rookies on the O Line would be a recipe for disaster? A FA patch here, while not ideal, would do a more serviceable job for now. You say we need to see if Croyle is the one next season but how would he do that behind a line including 3 rookies? We also can’t overlook our pressing need for youth at CB too; you can only spend so many picks on the O Line.”

Neil thanks for your e-mail and your thoughts. Your approach to being a Chiefs fan is something a lot of folks here in America could learn from. (WE WANT DUMB FANS)

You are correct about the offensive line; starting three rookies would be problematic. I don’t think you are going to see the Chiefs spend a lot of money on a free agent, which takes a guy like Alan Faneca in Pittsburgh out of the picture. But a guy like Ryan Lilja might come at a much lower cost. Whether Lilja is an upgrade with the team’s new offensive system remains to be seen.

This is nothing more than a guess on my part, so do not hold me to this, but I would expect to see Brian Waters and Damion McIntosh starting next year, with one free agent signed from another team and a draft choice. The fifth spot could be a draft pick or one of the young guys already with the team: Rudy Niswanger, Will Svitek, Herb Taylor or Tre Stallings.

But I think it’s imperative the Chiefs draft a center, guard and tackle this year, along with a pair of cornerbacks. Those would be the first five choices if I were the King of Arrowhead.

Pushead2
01-14-2008, 08:44 AM
This article did nothing but get me pissed.

Dylan
01-14-2008, 08:53 AM
How come Geeky Geetz did not post my email? I emailed it from work --- hmmm... :D

goatse, can you please look into that for me? tia

Hammock Parties
01-14-2008, 08:53 AM
By the way, isn't Gretz wrong about the payroll? Seems we had a thread a few days ago about the Chiefs payroll being dirt cheap.

xbarretx
01-14-2008, 09:07 AM
By the way, isn't Gretz wrong about the payroll? Seems we had a thread a few days ago about the Chiefs payroll being dirt cheap.

maybe thats why they threw the bank at LJ and TG ? otherwise anyone could say look guys, your payroll is the lowest in the NFL..maybe thats why you guys lack tallent and wins LMAO ?

smittysbar
01-14-2008, 09:08 AM
That 1st e-mail is what the majority of us are feeling I believe.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-14-2008, 09:13 AM
We have the third or fourth smallest payroll in the league.

This cocksucker needs to choke on a kielbasa.

xbarretx
01-14-2008, 09:17 AM

This cocksucker needs to choke on a kielbasa.

:hmmm: maybe his response includes the renovation costs, arrowhead staff, and marketing costs? thats the only way to inflate the payroll :doh!:

penguinz
01-14-2008, 09:21 AM

This one who sucks the penis needs to choke on a kielbasa.I call BS on this.

siberian khatru
01-14-2008, 09:22 AM
I can’t believe that you’ve been a Chiefs fan very long, or you would not discount so thoroughly what Carl Peterson was able to do with this franchise in the 1990s.

Hey, jackass, I've been a Chiefs fan for more than 30 years -- far longer than you've covered and worked for the team -- and I can thoroughly discount what Carl did purely from the standpoint that he's failed monumentally to get this team to the Super Bowl. The Chiefs under Carl haven't won one, haven't played in one, and have won playoff games in only two postseasons. They have gone one-and-out seven times, five of them in the vaunted 1990s.

I'm grateful that Carl turned this franchise around in the 1990s from a perennial regular-season loser to a perennial regular-season winner. But that's where he peaked. He couldn't take the next two steps. This isn't the 90s anymore. We're a decade past that. Yet, you want us to let Carl stay here because of something he did more than 10 years ago -- underachieve.

I swear to God, this franchise acts like it was the 49ers or Cowboys back in the 90s. That it did something really special. If Carl had won a couple of Super Bowls, you could make the case that he deserves a chance to recapture that glory. But jeebus, the Chiefs weren't even the Bills back then. They weren't even the Steelers.

Just because the 90s under Carl were better than the 80s under Steadman doesn't mean that Carl deserves a lifetime appointment. Gretz is such a dishonest hack making this argument -- that if you don't kiss Carl's hairy ass every second for what he gave us in the 90s, you're not much of a fan. Go **** yourself you POS.

Eleazar
01-14-2008, 09:31 AM
I hate how people write these emails making good points, like why Carl should get to keep his job after 15 years of failure, but they'll say one stupid thing like the payroll being at the bottom of the league and Gretz runs with it and uses that to call them an idiot.

Hammock Parties
01-14-2008, 09:33 AM
“I have no faith in Carl or Herm ever landing any team in the Super Bowl. Carl can’t evaluate talent, and Herm simply can’t out-coach the league’s top coaches. You’re obviously more patient than I, although I’d contend that a decade is more than patient enough to wait for a playoff win. I don’t plan on living to 300, I’d like to see a playoff win sometime soon.

Gretz conveniently skipped this point.

Tribal Warfare
01-14-2008, 09:33 AM
That 1st e-mail is what the majority of us are feeling I believe.

He didn't answer shit either just the regular diatribe as usual

tomahawk kid
01-14-2008, 09:34 AM
I hate how people write these emails making good points, like why Carl should get to keep his job after 15 years of failure, but they'll say one stupid thing like the payroll being at the bottom of the league and Gretz runs with it and uses that to call them an idiot.

Yep.

That's his schtick.

I'm sure the e-mails without "weak points" will never be published on the website.

DJJasonp
01-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Please god...make it stop.

The Bad Guy
01-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Gretz would be a horrible marriage counselor as well.

"The marriage folded 10 years ago, but don't forget about how she made you feel 20 years ago. That feeling will come back. Why? Because it happened once so it will happen again. Nevermind the last 10 years of failure. Just keep the faith."

How can an organization take the stance that losing is acceptable because the future "could be bright". How can you preach winning when the same GM has kept his post for 19 years with nothing but a few AFC West titles to show for it.

This is the type of patience that should be shown in 1998 when we had a bad year after a string of successful ones. Not 10 years later when this team has been a joke.

Rausch
01-14-2008, 09:58 AM

Ditto.

I really don't think I'll waste the time to read his hor$#it from here on out...

Sure-Oz
01-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Why are these even posted? It's the same old bullshit, he pisses off the fans etc etc, i think everyone hates that fatass by now, id love to bust a beer bottle on his head.

xbarretx
01-14-2008, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=The Bad Guy]
"The marriage folded 10 years ago, but don't forget about how she made you feel 20 years ago. That feeling will come back. Why? Because it happened once so it will happen again. Nevermind the last 10 years of failure. Just keep the faith."

QUOTE]

LMAO

Eleazar
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
How can an organization take the stance that losing is acceptable because the future "could be bright". How can you preach winning when the same GM has kept his post for 19 years with nothing but a few AFC West titles to show for it.

4 division titles during that whole run, isn't it?

el borracho
01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Carl with Marty: 101-58-1
Carl without Marty: 73-71

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM

So with or without Marty, Carl continues to field a winning team. /gretz

Zouk
01-14-2008, 10:36 AM

This one who sucks the penis needs to choke on a kielbasa.

According to this link they were fifth highest in the league.

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2007

CosmicPal
01-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Kudos to the Irishman....wish I had that kinda money: to live in Ireland, and during the football season, have the time and money to travel all over the states to watch the Chiefs. Sounds like a great guy to me, but probably a dumb azz to the most of you.

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2008, 10:38 AM
I know during the Indy/SD pregame on CBS they put up the 5 teams with the most cap space available for 2008. We weren't there, but I wonder how much extra space we'll have once we waive a ton of guys.

Pushead2
01-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I know during the Indy/SD pregame on CBS they put up the 5 teams with the most cap space available for 2008. We weren't there, but I wonder how much extra space we'll have once we waive a ton of guys.

Doesn't matter , you need someone who is capable of spending it in Football related moves that are smart....

nomad
01-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Doesn't matter , you need someone who is capable of spending it in Football related moves that are smart....

You mean AFL smart.... right?

siberian khatru
01-14-2008, 11:18 AM
So with or without Marty, Carl continues to field a winning team. /gretz

And actually, if you throw out the 4-12 outlier of 2007, the non-Marty record is 69-59. And if you throw out the transitional-year record of 6-10 in 2001, it's 63-49!

Give me awhile, and I'll figure out the Chiefs' record when you throw out games against unbeatable opponents. You can't really hold Carl accountable for losing to really good teams.

Dartgod
01-14-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm getting tired of this organization calling the fans idiots for demanding success from the front office....something that has not been in evidence for over a decade and a half now.

beach tribe
01-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Grutz is a total Carl nut fluffer.

Micjones
01-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Gretz has an obligation to tow the company line.

He really shouldn't be insulting the Chiefs fanbase, but it's obvious that's not something Clark Hunt is all that concerned with.

FringeNC
01-14-2008, 11:45 AM

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2007

Take the average of all the years, and we appear to be about right in the middle -- perhaps a little below average.

Donger
01-14-2008, 11:47 AM
It's the epitome of arrogance to have this on the official Chiefs' website. Disgraceful and repugnant.

Calcountry
01-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Anybody see the owner of the Cowboys on the sidelines rooting for his team like a little kid with 31 seconds to go?

Braincase
01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Ahhh... in other words, we're supposed to STFD, STFU and just give them our money, and quit bitchin' about the results. Sorry, Bob, but I'm trying to take Herm's advice. I used to be a die-hard Chiefs' fan, but I'm getting over it.

Zouk
01-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Take the average of all the years, and we appear to be about right in the middle -- perhaps a little below average.

If you take the average of all the years, the average is right about the average salary cap amount.

Bob Dole
01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Pretty sure that the payroll comment, given its context, was referring to STAFF, not players.

StcChief
01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Anybody see the owner of the Cowboys on the sidelines rooting for his team like a little kid with 31 seconds to go? and it was sure sweet when the Cowgirls lost.

headsnap
01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Ahhh... in other words, we're supposed to STFD, STFU and just give them our money, and quit bitchin' about the results. Sorry, Bob, but I'm trying to take Herm's advice. I used to be a die-hard Chiefs' fan, but I'm getting over it.
I never thought I would be so disgusted to be a Chiefs fan... :shake:

Otter
01-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I can’t believe that you’ve been a Chiefs fan very long, or you would not discount so thoroughly what Carl Peterson was able to do with this franchise in the 1990s. They have not gotten the job done in the last decade and for that, he deserves blame.

Good Lord!!! How long does he get to milk past glory? The Soviet Union was alive and well when he arrived.

FAX
01-14-2008, 12:38 PM
... He really shouldn't be insulting the Chiefs fanbase, but it's obvious that's not something Clark Hunt is all that concerned with.

That sounds accurate, Mr. Micjones. Clark seems to be continuing the tradition of maintaining a "hands off" approach to the team. That's unfortunate, so far as I'm concerned.

I'm not sure he would support the notion of fan bashing, so one gets the impression he really doesn't want to be involved.

FAX

Deberg_1990
01-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey, jackass, I've been a Chiefs fan for more than 30 years -- far longer than you've covered and worked for the team -- and I can thoroughly discount what Carl did purely from the standpoint that he's failed monumentally to get this team to the Super Bowl. The Chiefs under Carl haven't won one, haven't played in one, and have won playoff games in only two postseasons. They have gone one-and-out seven times, five of them in the vaunted 1990s.

I'm grateful that Carl turned this franchise around in the 1990s from a perennial regular-season loser to a perennial regular-season winner. But that's where he peaked. He couldn't take the next two steps. This isn't the 90s anymore. We're a decade past that. Yet, you want us to let Carl stay here because of something he did more than 10 years ago -- underachieve.

I swear to God, this franchise acts like it was the 49ers or Cowboys back in the 90s. That it did something really special. If Carl had won a couple of Super Bowls, you could make the case that he deserves a chance to recapture that glory. But jeebus, the Chiefs weren't even the Bills back then. They weren't even the Steelers.

Just because the 90s under Carl were better than the 80s under Steadman doesn't mean that Carl deserves a lifetime appointment. Gretz is such a dishonest hack making this argument -- that if you don't kiss Carl's hairy ass every second for what he gave us in the 90s, you're not much of a fan. Go **** yourself you POS.

Well said. Written better than i ever could.

Gonzo
01-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Gretz just needs to go away, not die, but just go away. Forever, somewhere else, not here. Far away from KC. Leave, quickly Rapido porfavor.
Gone
Exit
Now
Forever
Goodbye
Door, ass, you get the drill.

Now please.

I want to vomit.

Simplex3
01-14-2008, 01:40 PM
This whole ordeal is making me question why I associate with this organization at all.

At least the Faiders don't call their own fans morons. Hell, even the freaking Lions don't have those kind of balls.

F**k you, Carl. F**k you. And Clark, I have plenty left over for you too.

Bowser
01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
It's the epitome of arrogance to have this on the official Chiefs' website. Disgraceful and repugnant.

This can't be said enough.

The front office of this team is approaching ineptitude not seen since the late eighties/early nineties "Phoenix" Cardinals teams. A joke, period.

Frazod
01-14-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm glad Blob is here to remind me how much I suck for daring to have an opinion based on facts. :shake:

siberian khatru
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Virtually every Gretz column these days has some kind of shot at the fans:

You should be thankful for what you have ... You don't understand the game ... You don't think for yourselves ...

HonestChieffan
01-14-2008, 02:41 PM
People take all this far to seriously

Hammock Parties
01-14-2008, 02:42 PM
People take all this far to seriously

Really? Paying customers being told their complaints about the product are stupid is not a topic to be taken seriously?

bobbything
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Pretty sure that the payroll comment, given its context, was referring to STAFF, not players.
That's how I read it as well.

I actually like reading Gretz's articles. They make me feel smarter.

I was watching Sportscenter last night and the Chiefs are tied with the Lions and some other team (I can't remember who) with the most consecutive playoff losses since 1990.

All I want is Gretz's reasoning as to why Carl should be allowed to keep his high paying job. If his reasoning is due to his (regular season) success in the 90's, then I'd just have to shrug my shoulders and conclude that, much like the Hunts, the "bottom line" is the only thing that Gretz is concerned with as well. Because there's no other reason as to why Carl should be allowed to continue in his current role.

el borracho
01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Just to further the thought, I would like to add the following:

Herm Edwards: 52-60

Why in the **** would I think these two assholes could ever win a SuperBowl? The GM is average, at best, and the head coach isn't even that. The only good thing I take from all these articles telling me what an ungrateful ****ing asshole I am is that it probably indicates an awareness in the organization of unhappiness and frustration in the fanbase. Hopefully, that will translate into some serious organizational and management changes in the near future. I see no indications that it will happen this year but perhaps after we go 5-11 in 2008.

Sure-Oz
01-14-2008, 03:46 PM
We've had a few assclowns since Marty, what Gunther, Vermiel and now Herm, i wonder who we hire if Herm is fired in the next 2 years...

J Diddy
01-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Really? Paying customers being told their complaints about the product are stupid is not a topic to be taken seriously?

people are attacking he's defending

big whoop

stonedstooge
01-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I question if these letters are even real. Someones got Carl but the gonads and now he's to the point of having to make himself out to be an international superstar. Someone went to the Black Hole with a Chiefs jersey on and enjoyed the three hours of abuse they suffered? Give me a break. I still hope and pray all of this is Carl trying to save his job. There is really no time period specifically for firing G.M's is there? My dream, he's gone before the draft.

headsnap
01-14-2008, 04:50 PM
The Jags Get:
“To sum it up, proud but not satisfied,” Del Rio said in volunteering his feeling on the Jaguars’ performance in ’07, which produced an 11-5 regular-season record and the team’s first playoff win in eight years. “I’m proud we won 12 games; two of the last three years we’ve made the playoffs; we got a road playoff win in Pittsburgh. We want to win a world championship.”

We get:
hey quit your bitchin' we went to the playoffs last year. GET OVER IT!!!

pathetic...

Mecca
01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Young teams struggle and make mistakes? Really?

Let's ask Green Bay, the youngest team in the league..or the Colts who he describes as veteran but stats say they are one of the youngest teams.

Rain Man
01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Shut up, Gretz. No one reads your stuff any more.

Spott
01-14-2008, 06:35 PM
I am in 100% agreement with that 1st email. If I ever saw Bob Gretz, I'd kick him right in chin just so I could castrate Carl.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-14-2008, 06:39 PM

I was going off of this thread from last week

NFL Team Payrolls
Rk Team Payroll (US$)
1 Panthers $123,707,016
2 Patriots $122,725,423
3 Vikings $121,524,054
4 Cowboys $120,821,036
5 Redskins $120,516,130
6 Rams $116,485,467
7 Colts $113,607,772
8 Bengals $111,917,228
9 Seahawks $111,770,825
10 Titans $110,352,610
11 Giants $110,106,554
12 Eagles $103,982,166
13 Falcons $100,713,595
14 Broncos $98,752,003
15 Jaguars $98,335,887
16 Ravens $98,335,887
17 Texans $98,335,887
18 49ers $96,661,366
19 Saints $96,434,976
20 Bears $96,066,989
21 Cardinals $95,544,952
22 Browns $94,357,302
23 Steelers $90,751,557
24 Chargers $90,226,303
25 Packers $90,148,095
26 Buccaneers $87,043,316
27 Raiders $84,521,705
28 Dolphins $83,939,423
29 Lions $81,300,315
30 Chiefs $76,633,107
31 Jets $75,338,300
32 Bills $65,782,440

Maybe this is why Paterson still has a job. He spent $47 million less than the Patriots. I guess this just goes to prove that thr franchise is more concerned with profits than quality product.

FAX
01-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Baghdad Blob at his finest.

"The crappy decisions are not here. There are no crappy decisions."

FAX

Mecca
01-14-2008, 06:41 PM
That list doesn't count "dead cap money" I don't think so the Chiefs probably have a bunch of cap money so they count that as being a highly paying team.

Rain Man
01-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Baghdad Blob at his finest.

"The crappy decisions are not here. There are no crappy decisions."

FAX

Gretz put out a press release today saying that the Chargers are not in the playoffs.

"Chargers? There are no Chargers in the playoffs. Look around you. Do you see Chargers? It is simply not true."

the Talking Can
01-14-2008, 06:49 PM
If I ever saw Bob Gretz, I'd kick him right in chin just so I could castrate Carl.

LMAO

Zouk
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I was going off of this thread from last week

That list is not correct. The USA Today numbers are correct - every dollar actually paid in salary, signing and roster bonuses during the league year are documented there.

ChiefaRoo
01-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Gretz put out a press release today saying that the Chargers are not in the playoffs.

"Chargers? There are no Chargers in the playoffs. Look around you. Do you see Chargers? It is simply not true."
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xV7E_tzxdNs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xV7E_tzxdNs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pasta Little Brioni
01-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Young teams struggle and make mistakes? Really?

Let's ask Green Bay, the youngest team in the league..or the Colts who he describes as veteran but stats say they are one of the youngest teams.

umm they have favre and manning at QB, we have....huard and croyle.

which team is going to make fewer mistakes??? the ones that have 2 hall of fame QB's...no way!!!

Abba-Dabba
01-15-2008, 09:58 AM
That list is not correct. The USA Today numbers are correct - every dollar actually paid in salary, signing and roster bonuses during the league year are documented there.

Top 5 in pay, bottom 5 in results. WooHoo!

RedThat
01-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I am telling you Satan runs this team.

You wanna complain? Just shutup, sit down, let us do things the way they are...if it means evil, it means evil. Too bad, you guys have no say. And if you do, well just flip it around throw it in your face to tell you that you're wrong...And in the meantime we'll just cover up for ourselves. Those are the messages that are constantly being delivered from 1 Arrowhead Drive. And Im tired of it. This team deserves to be burned in flames.

It's almost as if were being punished for screaming injustice?

Seriously, what organization does this? I can't think of one? If you can think of one, please tell me?

Aren't the fans what it is all about? I remember when the Broncos won the SB, and Pat Bowlen was standing beside Elway. I coulda swore Elway shouted at the top of his Lungs, "THIS IS FOR YOU GUYS!"

Im pretty much 100% confident those type of thoughts never crossed Gretz' mind. Do they Bob? Do they ever? Yes I am talking to you Bob