DaKCMan AP
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
:hmmm:

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Sarcasm may win the day

FloridaMan88
01-15-2008, 11:49 AM
I'll take whichever guy helps the cause to go 0-16 next season and force Clark to end the Dictator Carl/Herm nightmare.

Archie Bunker
01-15-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm not thrilled about BucBall guru Shula or Fassell based on his past decade of less than stellar results or the inexperience puppet Price.

My pick is Gailey based on his history of getting decent results out offenses that lack talent at key positions.

Herm will pick Shula, no doubt in my mind. He will sell the Croyle angle but BucBall is his wet dream and Shula knows it well.

Pushead2
01-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm not thrilled about BucBall guru Shula or Fassell based on his past decade of less than stellar results or the inexperience puppet Price.

My pick is Gailey based on his history of getting decent results out offenses that lack talent at key positions.

Herm will pick Shula, no doubt in my mind. He will sell the Croyle angle but BucBall is his wet dream and Shula knows it well.

:spock:

King_Chief_Fan
01-15-2008, 12:09 PM
having to choose the best of the worst list is not much fun.

I am not picking any of those losers.

beach tribe
01-15-2008, 12:14 PM

This unfortunately, is most likely the truth.

crazycoffey
01-15-2008, 12:17 PM
This unfortunately, is most likely the truth.

there could be worse things than turning into that bucs team, that won a few playoff games anyway.....

DeepSouth
01-15-2008, 12:18 PM

Gailey is my choice also.

He moved up to the NFL ranks the next year, when the Denver Broncos signed him as a defensive assistant and special teams coach. The team made three Super Bowl appearances during his six-year tenure. He then became the head coach of the Birmingham Fire of the World League of American Football, where the team made the playoffs both years he was coach. After a one-year stint as head coach at Samford University, he returned to the NFL with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He started off as coach for the wide receivers, then moved up to offensive coordinator for the 1996 and 1997 NFL seasons. Gailey was then hired to take over a struggling Dallas Cowboys squad, one that had faltered under Barry Switzer during his last year. Gailey's Cowboys won the NFC East in 1998, and made the playoffs under his two years at the reins, although they failed to win a playoff game. He then returned to the offensive coordinator role, this time with the Miami Dolphins.[5]

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Picking Shula then drafting a QB in the first two rounds would be entertaining

StcChief
01-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Gailey. OC with a vision not a Herm lacky Shula

crazycoffey
01-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Officially, I'm still undecided. Shula isn't as bad a choice as some seem to making him out to be, but Gailey has had some success, well until most recently.... [/raising a red flag?]

Rausch
01-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Gailey. OC with a vision not a Herm lacky Shula

Ditto. I thought he did a good job with the Steelers...

Mr. Arrowhead
01-15-2008, 12:31 PM
I know most people on here dont want him, but im picking Shula just because he has a history with Brodie and then also i noticed a big difference in David Garrard this year

talastan
01-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I'd like to see what Price can do. He defintely has led an impressive offense at UTEP. I also believe we need some one that's not part of the "Good-ole boys' Club".

In reality I see it as either Shula or Fassel. Shula because of his past with Herm and Brodie, plus his QB development experience. Fassel because he was a part of the Broncos and I believe is familar with their zone-blocking scheme that Herm wants to implement.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Fassel.

Say what you will about him, he did take a NY team to the Super Bowl. He's had some success as an offensive coordinator and he's tough minded and strong-willed.

Baltimore shouldn't even count. It's a offensive quagmire. No one's had success offensively with the Ravens.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Fassel went to college at USC & CSU, Long Beach. That will make Carl & Herm's dingus' twitch

bowener
01-15-2008, 01:07 PM
we're ****ed

bowener
01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
on a side note, Garrett seems to be close to the Ravens job: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-garrett0114,0,4266825.story

Hammock Parties
01-15-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm leaning toward Eric Price. I think he presents the best chance to give us the kind of dynamic offense needed in the modern day NFL. I know he's a younger guy Herm might attempt to control, but I have to hope he has a backbone. I remember Whitlock's line a few weeks back about the coordinators on good NFL coaching staffs having futures as NFL head coaches. I'm not so sure Fassel, Gailey or Shula do.

Simplex3
01-15-2008, 01:47 PM
I trust Sperm to f**k this up on the level that I hope for.

I want this team in the toilet when the new stadium is set to open. I want this whole thing to go nuclear and blow up so big that the Hunt family for generations to come can feel the radiation from stupidly holding onto a bad GM for two decades.

King_Chief_Fan
01-15-2008, 03:32 PM
I know most people on here dont want him, but im picking Shula just because he has a history with Brodie and then also i noticed a big difference in David Garrard this year

As the QB coach. NOT the OC

KCJohnny
01-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Gailey.
He's got at least as much experience as Herm and had to work with QBs like Kordell Stewart and Chad Hutchinson.

I think it will be Shula. Shula will allow Herm to uglify his game plan. BucBall!

Hydrae
01-15-2008, 03:57 PM
I voted the Herm option as a replacement for "OTHER."

I would love to see Mularky (sp?) brought in. He was OC in Pittsburgh and I think that is exactly the kind of offense Herm wants to see here. So if we are going to be stuck with maul-ball, let's at least get someone who has had success in running that style of play.