PDA

View Full Version : What was the great n00b revolt?

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Led by Mr. FAX?? I've heard mentions but never a specific story.

SPchief
01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm offended.

RustShack
01-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Go n00bs!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-16-2008, 08:39 PM
I was the forefather for which the great n00b revolt occurred.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Well...??

FAX
01-16-2008, 08:49 PM
There really wasn't much to it, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. In those days, the veteran posters were mean as hell, rude, and intolerant of any new people. Fascism at its finest. N00bs (sp?) couldn't post what they wanted, start threads, or participate in conversations without being attacked, demeaned, and insulted.

Anyway, several disenfranchised yet daring N00bs (sp?) decided to take over the board and Mr. Phobia threatened to ban everybody in sight which put an end to things pretty quickly. But, in actuality, the movement died out because so many N00bs (sp?) were willing to stand passively by and watch their fellow N00bs (sp?) led to the slaughter thinking it would never happen to them. That unresisting, supine culpability was, by far, the saddest aspect of the entire episode. It is my belief that, had the N00bs (sp?) held together, things would likely have been a lot different.

FAX

kstater
01-16-2008, 08:54 PM
So Mr. FAX, it wasn't necessarily a revolt, but a Bataan like Death March?

J Diddy
01-16-2008, 08:56 PM
There really wasn't much to it, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. In those days, the veteran posters were mean as hell, rude, and intolerant of any new people. Fascism at its finest. N00bs (sp?) couldn't post what they wanted, start threads, or participate in conversations without being attacked, demeaned, and insulted.

Anyway, several disenfranchised yet daring N00bs (sp?) decided to take over the board and Mr. Phobia threatened to ban everybody in sight which put an end to things pretty quickly. But, in actuality, the movement died out because so many N00bs (sp?) were willing to stand passively by and watch their fellow N00bs (sp?) led to the slaughter thinking it would never happen to them. That unresisting, supine culpability was, by far, the saddest aspect of the entire episode. It is my belief that, had the N00bs (sp?) held together, things would likely have been a lot different.

FAX

viva la revolution

Skip Towne
01-16-2008, 09:00 PM
FAX was the best n00b EVAR. He didn't get much hazing because he kept us entertained with his limericks. He did, however, run amok and threatened to organize the n00bs into a viable force. Since the regulars were outnumbered at the time we beat a hasty retreat. Discretion is the better part of valor.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2008, 09:00 PM

FAX

ROFL

How did you attempt to take over the board? A frontal assault, or did you try to hack the server??

onescrewleftuntwisted
01-16-2008, 09:29 PM

FAX

ah.... the good old days when one bad post and your rep went from 4000 to -100000 in less than 24 hours it was a great time but you learned what not to post and what needed to be made fun of and what you left the f*** alone

Rain Man
01-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Maybe I don't remember right, but I thought that the board put a tax on whiskey and then started destroying the stills of the posters who were trying to not pay the tax, who happened to mostly be noobs.

Skip Towne
01-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Maybe I don't remember right, but I thought that the board put a tax on whiskey and then started destroying the stills of the posters who were trying to not pay the tax, who happened to mostly be noobs.
Yeah, that's the way I remember it.

FAX
01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
ROFL

How did you attempt to take over the board? A frontal assault, or did you try to hack the server??

The pent up frustration exhibited itself primarily in the form of new threads, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. Prior to this time, N00bs (sp?) had been discouraged from starting their own threads and doing so could result in a seemingly endless barrage of neg rep. So, when word of the effort spread, N00bs (sp?) hit the submit button in droves. Imagine thousands of starving refugees rushing the first rice-laden Red Cross truck to reach the camp in months. It was like that.

FAX

SPchief
01-16-2008, 10:33 PM
The pent up frustration exhibited itself primarily in the form of new threads, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. Prior to this time, N00bs (sp?) had been discouraged from starting their own threads and doing so could result in a seemingly endless barrage of neg rep. So, when word of the effort spread, N00bs (sp?) hit the submit button in droves. Imagine thousands of starving refugees rushing the first rice-laden Red Cross truck to reach the camp in months. It was like that.

FAX

What a glorius hour that was. Unfortunatly it opened the gates to hell and the n00bs (sp?) today abuse that power.

ClevelandBronco
01-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Would any of you like to hear about the good news that the Denver Broncos can offer you?

Here. Have an orange and blue paper flower.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
I can see it now. Like the Nazi's trying to fend off the human wave attacks of the Red Army, the n00b force must have seemed near unstoppable. Kill a dozen with rep, and 100 more threads appear in their place.

RJ
01-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I remember those days well. I was a NOOb (sp?) sympathizer. By day they would hide in my shed or behind my couch or in the hall closet, at night I would guide them below the streets of the Planet, through the rat infested sewers, from where they would rise up and attack the Old Guard with makeshift monkey poop bombs. Those were heady times. Looking back I realize that I have never since felt so alive.

ClevelandBronco
01-16-2008, 11:06 PM
I remember those days well. I was a NOOb (sp?) sympathizer. By day they would hide in my shed or behind my couch or in the hall closet, at night I would guide them below the streets of the Planet, through the rat infested sewers, from where they would rise up and attack the Old Guard with makeshift monkey poop bombs. Those were heady times. Looking back I realize that I have never since felt so alive.

The football board equivalent of a righteous gentile.

Prometheus
01-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Eh....the noobs of that rebellion were waa-AAAyyy over-rated.

Hell, back then....we even had a real "nite-crew" or "night crew"....that amounted to a hill of beans. Hell, ENDelt, Logical, Phobia, and Rausch would have beaten down ANY such rebellion, in a New York minute, at least as I recall it....of course those were "lurking" days for me. So what do I know?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Would any of you like to hear about the good news that the Denver Broncos can offer you?

LMAO

Hammock Parties
01-17-2008, 12:03 AM
I threatened to post my cock and that put an end to it.

Phobia
01-17-2008, 12:13 AM
I threatened to post my cock and that put an end to it.
You have seriously lost your burst. Since it wasn't much to begin with, I harbor very little hope for you.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2008, 12:19 AM
You have seriously lost your burst. Since it wasn't much to begin with, I harbor very little hope for you.

You just watch it, buddy. I might post my cock.

alanm
01-17-2008, 12:26 AM

FAX
This n00b revolt you speak of pales in comparison with "The Great Migration"
One of these days if your nice maybe Phil can tell you a bedtime story.
The n00b revolt... a pikers tale. :harumph:

stonedstooge
01-17-2008, 07:41 AM
I am what is as listed above which everyone seems to have a different spelling or using numbers in its spelling and being somewhat illiterate not being young enough to be one of those of the computer revolution, exactly what does the term mean? Do the definitions differ as much as the spellings? Take your shots. I used to be a school administrator so I've taken a number of body and head shots.

I am a NOOB
Noob
N00B
N00b

What am I?

Skip Towne
01-17-2008, 07:44 AM
I am what is as listed above which everyone seems to have a different spelling or using numbers in its spelling and being somewhat illiterate not being young enough to be one of those of the computer revolution, exactly what does the term mean? Do the definitions differ as much as the spellings? Take your shots. I used to be a school administrator so I've taken a number of body and head shots.

I am a NOOB
Noob
N00B
N00b

What am I?
n00b

Otter
01-17-2008, 07:56 AM
ah.... the good old days when one bad post and your rep went from 4000 to -100000 in less than 24 hours it was a great time but you learned what not to post and what needed to be made fun of and what you left the f*** alone

It was a glorious time. Wiseguys were everywhere.

It was before Appalachia, and before Crazy Joe decided to take on a boss and start a war.

It was when I met the world.

It was when I first met the poster Fax. His post count couldn't have been any more than 800 or 900 but he was already a legend.

Baby Lee
01-17-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm n00bicus!!!

Baby Lee
01-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Has anyone read 'The Diary of N00b FAX?' That was one compelling little girl!!

chagrin
01-17-2008, 08:33 AM
There really wasn't much to it, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins. In those days, the veteran posters were mean as hell, rude, and intolerant of any new people.

Oh yeah, things are much better now :doh!:

Bugeater
01-17-2008, 10:02 AM

I am a NOOB
Noob
N00B
N00b

What am I?
All of the above.

Rausch
01-17-2008, 10:06 AM

It all went downhill when we allowed them to vote (in polls.)

Donger
01-17-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't remember this event at all.

RJ
01-17-2008, 10:12 AM

Well, some of the NoObs (sp?) are now part of the establishment. It's like Animal Farm. Bound to happen.

RJ
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/fs7.deviantart.com/i/2005/167/7/2/Viva_La_Revolution_by_DiegoSkate.jpg

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1581237/2/istockphoto_1581237_viva_la_revolucion.jpg

Fight the Power!!

WilliamTheIrish
Best thread in weeks.

stonedstooge
01-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Mr. GoBo: thanks for narrowing it down for me. Now what is it supposed to mean?

Bugeater
01-17-2008, 10:16 AM
According to what DP posted, it only lasted an hour.

Bugeater
01-17-2008, 10:17 AM
Mr. GoBo: thanks for narrowing it down for me. Now what is it supposed to mean?
It means you're a n00b. Don't feel bad, I'm still one too.

crazycoffey
01-17-2008, 10:22 AM
What a glorius hour that was. Unfortunatly it opened the gates to hell and the n00bs (sp?) today abuse that power.

you talking about me again?

StcChief
01-17-2008, 11:54 AM
It means you're a n00b. Don't feel bad, I'm still one too.
so the 10K post count is now a moving target....for Non-N00b status?

crazycoffey
01-17-2008, 12:00 PM
so the 10K post count is now a moving target....for Non-N00b status?

we're n00bs until Skip says otherwise!!!1!!!1!!!

Unfortunately, father time is creeping up on our beloved Skip and now all he can yell is unintelligible screeches intermixed with the occasional grunt and drool.....

FAX
01-17-2008, 12:18 PM
As I've said many times, N00b (sp?) is a state of mind, Mr. CrazyCoffey.

I'm convinced that most of the veteran posters deny their inner N00b (sp?) and the vast majority of N00bophobes (sp?) are, in fact, closet N00bs (sp?). Bringing that out in the open is what this war is all about.

FAX

NewChief
01-17-2008, 12:29 PM

Whatever revisionist. I can see that they got to you too. Must have sent you to one of their reeducation camps.

Adept Havelock
01-17-2008, 12:34 PM

LMAO

Are you a representative of the Church of Bronco Religious Consciousness?

No, I would not like to make a donation.

RustShack
01-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Proper spelling- n00b

Bob Dole
01-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Be advised that Bob "Genghis" Dole is monitoring this situation carefully.

ChiefaRoo
01-17-2008, 01:45 PM
One time when I was new here, Bob Dole tried to touch me in an improper way. I don't like to speak of it but he lured me in and then put on his Frankie Goes to Hollywood albums.

grandllama
01-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Eh....the noobs of that rebellion were waa-AAAyyy over-rated.

Hell, back then....we even had a real "nite-crew" or "night crew"....that amounted to a hill of beans. Hell, ENDelt, Logical, Phobia, and Rausch would have beaten down ANY such rebellion, in a New York minute, at least as I recall it....of course those were "lurking" days for me. So what do I know?

That nite crew was sooooo damn overra.... er, um, wait. Heh, we were pretty cool. Hell of a way to spend the drunken nights back in the day.