PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cowher/Gailey 2009

nomad
01-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Had success before...

Herm continues fumble, fans stay a way in droves, mamangment needs to do something the fans would support, Cowher comes back home in 2009.

crazycoffey
01-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Herm is our saviour, this thread is like blasphemy....

keg in kc
01-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Shoot me now.

Stinger
01-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Had success before...

Herm continues fumble, fans stay a way in droves, mamangment needs to do something the fans would support, Cowher comes back home in 2009.

Actually I had the same thought. Gailey and Cower have had a history not to mention Cower did coach in KC early in his career. Now many people have talked he may be back in the coaching ring as early as next year, maybe two.

Not saying it is going to happen, actually Chiefs fan are almost never this lucky, but if Bill does throw his hat into the coaching ring there will be some things in place here in KC that may perk the intrest of Mr. Cower.

TEX
01-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Shoot me now.

So blind ...

StcChief
01-17-2008, 11:31 AM
We can only dream...

will take another 4-12 year for this.

Skip Towne
01-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Why would he want to come to KC?

keg in kc
01-17-2008, 11:42 AM
So blind ...Blind because I don't want Cowher?

Hey, if you want to give him 15 years to win a Super Bowl, more power to you. It's not the way I would go. If Herm doesn't work out, I think it's safe to say I'll have had enough of a conservative approach.

Stinger
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Why would he want to come to KC?

Eh .... the only thing I could come up with would be is that Carl would be gone so they may give him a great more control in decision and player personel. Gaily and Cower have a history of working good together so a system would be in place that he would recognise. And he did coach here before like a said maybe he has some ties????

nomad
01-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Of all the coordinators that I’ve had work for me, Chan Gailey was if not the best, one of the best and as resourceful an offensive mind that I’ve been around,” Cowher said. “Moreover his teaching skills are second to none.”

DaneMcCloud
01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
What's the difference between Cowher/Gailey and Herm/Gailey?

NOTHING.

jjchieffan
01-18-2008, 12:27 AM

NOTHING.

Uh, actually plenty. Cowher has a ring. He also was very successful in Pittsburgh in the regular season and the playoffs.

DaneMcCloud
01-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Uh, actually plenty. Cowher has a ring. He also was very successful in Pittsburgh in the regular season and the playoffs.

What. The. F*ck. Ever.

What do you know about tje Pittsburgh Steelers? 15 years. 15 YEARS for Cowher to win a Super Bowl

Stubborn. Stupid. "Chin".

Win with Tomczak? Kordell Stewart? Tommy Maddox?

Yeah, right.

Cowher's stubborn stupidity cost Pittsburgh at least 2 additional chances at a Super Bowl "ring".

He'd have been run out on a rail in NYC after year 7.

Or Kansas City.

jjchieffan
01-18-2008, 12:53 AM
He earned 15 years. He is one of the best in the game. Yhe team has consistently let good talent walk rather than pay them to stay, yet Cowher has just reloaded and won anyway with the players he had, He has had numerous assistants hired away and yet kept winning, and he did get to the superbowl twice and won once. That is alot more than any of the coaches we had inthat 15 years has done. Many good coaches have failed because of your mentality. How many years did it take Dungy to get a ring? I guess he sucks. Belicheck failed for years in Cleveland. I guess he sucks. I bet Modell wishes he had given Belichek 15 years to win a SB.

Tribal Warfare
01-18-2008, 01:40 AM

NOTHING.

Cowher knows how to win he brought his team to multiple AFC Championship game. He also got his team to the SB twice, and won against Seahawks for the title.

blueballs
01-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Doesn't KC have enough fountains

SPchief
01-18-2008, 02:35 AM
Cowher knows how to win he brought his team to multiple AFC Championship game. He also got his team to the SB twice, and won against Seahawks for the title.

Don't even try to argue facts with Dane, it goes nowhere.

Monty
01-18-2008, 09:13 AM
He'd have been run out on a rail in NYC after year 7.

Or Kansas City.

Quick Trivia Question: Who was the DC in KC from 1989-91?

Just curious to know if you know this.......

DaneMcCloud
01-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Quick Trivia Question: Who was the DC in KC from 1989-91?

Just curious to know if you know this.......

OGMAFB

Monty
01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
OGMAFB

Works both ways. :p

DaneMcCloud
01-18-2008, 11:19 AM

Whatever.

He should have been in FOUR Super Bowls, not two. And I think you'd be hard pressed to find a true Steelers fan that was upset at Cowher's departure.

His resistance to pull Kordell Stewart cost him the 1997 AFC championship. He thought he could win Super Bowls with guys like Tomczak, Stewart and Tommy Maddox.

It wasn't until management forced his hand and drafted Rothlisberger that he finally had a franchise QB. And in true Cowher fashion, he didn't even start him over Tommy Maddox. Had Maddox not been injured, Big Ben may still be on the bench (they went 15-1 that year, the only loss coming when Ben didn't start).

IF Cowher comes out of retirement, I think his second stint will be similar to that of Joe Gibbs or George Seifert.

NO to Cowher.

shyguyms
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM

NOTHING.

one was a winner the other a black jackass

DaneMcCloud
01-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Don't even try to argue facts with Dane, it goes nowhere.

Whatever, Dual Penetration Chief. :rolleyes:

Gonzo
09-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Do you think Clark could coax him out of retirement if he was given Head Coach and GM next year?

I mean.....Seriously?

Cower > Marty?

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2008, 08:45 AM

Cowher does have a ring, and after 15 years of coaching in KC, you guys might have another one too. :)

09-15-2008, 08:45 AM
NO. I want to go completely outside the Chiefs coaching tree.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Yet DV gets hammered here like a hooker on $3 night..

But now Cowher and his chin is the almighty savior...

Neither is better than the other....

HypnotizedMonkey
09-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Jesus Christ couldn't save this team.

Reerun_KC
09-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Jesus Christ couldn't save this team.
But he can hit a curve ball!

nychief
09-15-2008, 08:54 AM
by "Home" do you mean where he worked as D coordinator for 2 seasons?

HypnotizedMonkey
09-15-2008, 09:12 AM
But he can hit a curve ball!

I'm pretty sure with that skill.. he couldn't save the Royals either. lol

FringeNC
09-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Whatever.

He should have been in FOUR Super Bowls, not two. And I think you'd be hard pressed to find a true Steelers fan that was upset at Cowher's departure.

His resistance to pull Kordell Stewart cost him the 1997 AFC championship. He thought he could win Super Bowls with guys like Tomczak, Stewart and Tommy Maddox.

It wasn't until management forced his hand and drafted Rothlisberger that he finally had a franchise QB. And in true Cowher fashion, he didn't even start him over Tommy Maddox. Had Maddox not been injured, Big Ben may still be on the bench (they went 15-1 that year, the only loss coming when Ben didn't start).

IF Cowher comes out of retirement, I think his second stint will be similar to that of Joe Gibbs or George Seifert.

NO to Cowher.

Cowher is a mild play-not-to-lose coach, and that is/was his problem. Herm, on the other hand, is off the charts in the play-not-to-lose style.

King_Chief_Fan
09-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Had success before...

that doesn't do much for us does it........Kordell Stewart and the slash offense comes to mind....nope don't like it.

The Franchise
09-15-2008, 09:42 AM
What about Wade Phillips? He's gone after this season so they can move Garrett into the job.

King_Chief_Fan
09-15-2008, 09:46 AM
What about Wade Phillips? He's gone after this season so they can move Garrett into the job.

can he take chicken poop and make chicken salad?

The Franchise
09-15-2008, 09:47 AM
can he take chicken poop and make chicken salad?

It's better than what we have right now. Right now we're turning chicken shit into biohazardous waste.