PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock: Clark Hunt seems to want Herm to replace Peterson some day

Tribal Warfare
01-17-2008, 10:40 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/449861.html

ArrowheadHawk
01-17-2008, 10:50 PM
I think Herm would make a great GM. He is a great evaluator of talent.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Disappointing.

Whitlock wrote a thinly veiled interview transcript disguised as an "article."

FloridaMan88
01-17-2008, 10:53 PM
Herm would accomplish the impossible as Chiefs' GM... make the fanbase miss Dictator Carl

Mecca
01-17-2008, 10:54 PM

Uh...

AJ Smith, Bill Polian..the NE braintrust, they are great evaluators of talent..

Herm is pretty average.

FloridaMan88
01-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Disappointing.

Whitlock wrote a thinly veiled interview transcript disguised as an "article."

At least his interview was insightful... unlike the Clark Hunt enema sessions that Wargarbage Illustrated provides.

First question from Wargarbage Illustrated today for Clark Hunt... what were the positives from this season. LMAO LMAO LMAO

ArrowheadHawk
01-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Herm would accomplish the impossible as Chiefs' GM... make the fanbase miss Dictator Carl
:Lin:

Simplex3
01-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Which of his blown picks would lead you to that conclusion? Hali over Cromarti when we needed corners? Medlock? Pollard? Tank? Turk?

Hammock Parties
At least his interview was insightful... unlike the Clark Hunt enema sessions that Wargarbage Illustrated provides.

First question from Wargarbage Illustrated today for Clark Hunt... what were the positives from this season. LMAO LMAO LMAO

And clearly, there were none. Clark Hunt gave us none.

Give it a rest, dipshit.

ArrowheadHawk
Uh...

AJ Smith, Bill Polian..the NE braintrust, they are great evaluators of talent..

Herm is pretty average.

**** New England

Mecca
01-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Which of his blown picks would lead you to that conclusion? Hali over Cromarti when we needed corners? Medlock? Pollard? Tank? Turk?

In fairness Cromartie went 1 pick ahead of us...I don't think we would have picked him anyway though.

There are some retard posters here who think Hali is better than Cromartie though, there aren't words to explain that.

Mecca
01-17-2008, 10:57 PM
**** New England

Ok how about SD and Indy then?

FloridaMan88
01-17-2008, 11:00 PM
And clearly, there were none. Clark Hunt gave us none.

Give it a rest, dipshit.

So why ask it? Why start your interview off with such an obvious softball question? Also you have never explained the "You (Clark Hunt) are lucky to have Carl Peterson)" from Wargarbage Illustrated's last interview with Hunt.

ArrowheadHawk
01-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Ok Medlock was stupid but how can you say that Pollard Tank and Turk are busts. I personally think Hali is a good player. And Brodie could be the QBOTF.

Hammock Parties
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
So why ask it? Why start your interview off with such an obvious softball question?

It's not a softball question. Asking Clark Hunt what he thought of 2007 is perfectly legitimate. Framing it with "were there positives," is completely acceptable, especially when he can't come up with single positive. Get a clue.

Also you have never explained the "You (Clark Hunt) are lucky to have Carl Peterson)" from Wargarbage Illustrated's last interview with Hunt.

That was a lame question. No doubt about it.

Mecca
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Ok Medlock was stupid but how can you say that Pollard Tank and Turk are busts. I personally think Hali is a good player. And Brodie could be the QBOTF.

Well they've all done exactly nothing so far...

FloridaMan88
01-17-2008, 11:04 PM

Tank and Turk showed nothing last year. Pollard hasn't shown anything more than being a special teams player and Hali looks like a clone of Eric Hicks.

You can give Tank and Turk somewhat of a pass since they were rookies last year, but in year 2 of their respective NFL careers.. both Pollard and Hali took major steps back. That doesn't speak well with regards to Herm's ability to develop players he has drafted.

Mecca
01-17-2008, 11:06 PM
I don't know if Pollard took a step back...he was more or less the same thing I thought.

Zouk
01-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I don't know if Pollard took a step back...he was more or less the same thing I thought.

He played virtually no defensive snaps his rookie year.

FloridaMan88
01-17-2008, 11:09 PM
It's not a softball question. Asking Clark Hunt what he thought of 2007 is perfectly legitimate. Framing it with "were there positives," is completely acceptable, especially when he can't come up with single positive. Get a clue.

Wrong, perhaps you and the rest of the dumbshits who write for Wargarbage Illustrated should take a basic journalism class or two and realize that one of the cardinal rules of interviewing is to not give your interview subject an easy out with regards to a difficult question.

Mecca
01-17-2008, 11:10 PM
The way the league is now I'm not sure what value guys like Bernard Pollard have in the secondary anymore. You can play in the secondary and not be blazing but you have to be really smart...he hasn't shown that.

The way the league is now you need safeties that run like corners or you'll get beat for big plays. I'm not a fan of having 2 huge safeties that don't run all that well...I'd rather have 2 guys that can really run and get to the ball.

BigRock
01-17-2008, 11:15 PM
I don’t want to be associated with the organization if we’re not running it in a way that gives us a chance at really winning a Super Bowl.

I highlight this because there's people who only listened to the 7:30 interview this morning and are going around posting in multiple threads as if the stuff from that lame kiss-ass interview was the only thing Clark said all day.

Anyone who didn't get to hear the 2-3 decent interviews that were conducted with him should know that he said a lot more.

FAX
01-17-2008, 11:16 PM
This is a fascinating article in many respects. An attack piece on Carl, when you boil it all down. And Clark Hunt was an accomplice.

FAX

FloridaMan88
01-17-2008, 11:17 PM
I highlight this because there's people who only listened to the 7:30 interview this morning and are going around posting in multiple threads as if the stuff from that lame kiss-ass interview was the only thing Clark said all day.

Anyone who didn't get to hear the 2-3 decent interviews that were conducted with him should know that he said a lot more.

Actions speak louder than words.

Continuing to employ a GM whose team hasn't won a playoff game in 14 years isn't consistent with that statement... regardless of what Clark's reasoning behind it may be.

FAX
01-17-2008, 11:19 PM
With due respect, I think you may be misinterpreting what is going on here, Mr. KCChiefsfan88.

FAX

BigRock
01-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Actions speak louder than words.

Continuing to employ a GM whose team hasn't won a playoff game in 14 years isn't consistent with that statement... regardless of what Clark's reasoning behind it may be.
Did you read the article? Clark said point blank to Whitlock that he kept Carl because a new GM would want to hire his own coach, and Clark isn't ready to bail on Herm.

That couldn't be more of a write-off of Carl.

Mecca
01-17-2008, 11:29 PM
So Carl gets to be GM for a few more years because of Herm? That's just sad..

If Herm was really that great at drafting or had this awesome vision or was a great coach..he wouldn't get fired by a new GM. When you know hiring a new GM will result in a coach firing it means he sucks.

FloridaMan88
01-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Did you read the article? Clark said point blank to Whitlock that he kept Carl because a new GM would want to hire his own coach, and Clark isn't ready to bail on Herm.

It would have been possible to replace Carl witih a GM who would have kept Herm... Terry Bradway for example. I'm not saying that Bradway is an improvement over Dictator Carl, but saying that bringing in a new GM would have made it impossible to keep Herm is a copout for sticking with Dictator Carl.

BigRock
01-17-2008, 11:34 PM
It would have been possible to replace Carl witih a GM who would have kept Herm... Terry Bradway for example. I'm not saying that Bradway is an improvement over Dictator Carl, but saying that bringing in a new GM would have made it impossible to keep Herm is a copout for sticking with Dictator Carl.
It's a copout because Clark could have hired a stooge like Terry Bradway? Here's a thought: maybe when Clark hires a GM, he'd like to get a good one.

smittysbar
01-17-2008, 11:54 PM
Is petros interview anywhere viewable. He is ussualy pretty good

Mecca
01-18-2008, 12:10 AM
It's a copout because Clark could have hired a stooge like Terry Bradway? Here's a thought: maybe when Clark hires a GM, he'd like to get a good one.

If Herm Edwards is the reason you aren't making a move then you are already appeasing a stooge.

the Talking Can
01-18-2008, 12:39 AM
“I mentioned earlier today that our drafts from 2001 to 2005 in the way that coach (Dick) Vermeil went about building those football teams really laid the foundation for what happened this year,” Hunt continued. “We got to this year, and what you would hope to have when a bunch of veteran guys start retiring is you hope you have young guys sitting on the bench who are in the prime of their careers. Well, those are the players we should’ve drafted from ’01 to ’05. Either we didn’t draft or we didn’t develop them if we did draft.

“So the net result is we had four or five starters from those draft classes, and you really need double that to have a chance to be successful. So (Carl) shares responsibility for that, no doubt about it.”

Was the Vermeil era a mistake?

“If you have a coach like Dick Vermeil at the point in his career where he was at,” Hunt explained, “you have to focus on winning in that time frame. He had just done it in St. Louis two years before, so there was a fair amount of optimism that we could do it. What killed us is while that was going on, we still could’ve drafted well. And maybe our cupboard wouldn’t be as full as we would like, because he was not going to focus on developing those guys, but we could’ve had more players who could’ve helped.”

well, that's the first honest statement from a member of this franchise in my lifetime, it seems like....doesn't mean he will really commit to building a Championship team, but he clearly understands the problem and how we got here.....still wish he'd fire Carl, as Carl has nothing to offer, absolutely nothing positive to offer...but I can see Carl's exit on the horizon....the day is coming....

then Gun, then Herm, then maybe we'll have a chance...but not until then...

DaWolf
01-18-2008, 12:51 AM
Good piece, and I agree with what Clark is saying here. This team needs to draft better and build themselves through that if they want to be a championship team. And they need to develop that franchise QB. Things that have not been done here in the past. Clark makes it sound here like the only reason it made sense to bring Carl back is because he will support Edwards with what Herm is willing to do, which is suffer through the growing pains of rebuilding, and because Carl has turned over many of his personnel duties to Herm and Kucharic. And those guys will get time to rebuild with young players. But you better bet that if we don't get players in the draft here this year to contribute and our draft picks from the last couple of years don't start panning out, it will be broom time for the front office...

RedThat
01-18-2008, 01:04 AM

If Herm was really that great at drafting or had this awesome vision or was a great coach..he wouldn't get fired by a new GM. When you know hiring a new GM will result in a coach firing it means he sucks.

Not necessarily so?

I think what Clark is trying to say, is you bring in a new guy, he is going to want to hire his own guys. Simple as that. And 99.9% of the time that is the case. But you can definately see Clark is implying that he definately likes Herm.

I think keeping Carl could be a decision based on loyalty alone. He has been with this organization for years. And maybe firing him is a painful decision to make? Firing someone is never easy. In fact, it hurts. And maybe Clark feels that way about Carl?

cdcox
01-18-2008, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure where jwhit got the idea that Clark wanst Herm to be GM.

What I took from it was that it is the wrong year to replace Carl given that Clark wants to retain Herm.

If Clark had replaced Carl this year (after a 4-12) season, the new GM would want to and be justified in replacing Herm.

If Herm flames out after another year or two (Clark admitted it might require two more years in the draft), both Carl and Herm are gone and the new GM gets to hire his own coach.

If Herm is successful LMAO LMAO LMAO within a couple of years, Carl can step down and the new GM will have to keep Herm since he's a winning coach.

I'm half hoping we tank next season, so we can get a new coach and GM. The only down side to that means that probably means that Page, Pollard, Turk, Tank, and Croyle will mostly all fail to develop in '08, meaning we have a long, long rebuild in front of us.

C-Mac
01-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Good piece, and I agree with what Clark is saying here. This team needs to draft better and build themselves through that if they want to be a championship team. And they need to develop that franchise QB. Things that have not been done here in the past. Clark makes it sound here like the only reason it made sense to bring Carl back is because he will support Edwards with what Herm is willing to do, which is suffer through the growing pains of rebuilding, and because Carl has turned over many of his personnel duties to Herm and Kucharic. And those guys will get time to rebuild with young players. But you better bet that if we don't get players in the draft here this year to contribute and our draft picks from the last couple of years don't start panning out, it will be broom time for the front office...

I found it interesting when Clark said that during the 2006 draft, it was Edwards that finally jumped on the table and basically told them all to listen up....."We are going to draft us a QB."

TN_Chief
01-18-2008, 05:56 AM
The day that Herm Edwards becomes the GM of the Chiefs is the day I flip a coin to choose whether I'm going to switch my allegiance to either the Broncos or Raiders. No shit...Herm elevates to that position and I'm done.

jwhit
01-18-2008, 06:00 AM
I don't like headline on my column at all. It's misleading. It implies that Hunt wants Herm to replace Carl as GM.

Hunt wants Herm to replace Carl as the face of the franchise.

kcxiv
01-18-2008, 06:04 AM
I think i like Clark Hunt. For him to do interviews all day 1 on 1 like this says alot imo. He knows there is a problem and he knows we sucked ass, but he's going to let them have another year to see if they know wtf they are doing. I cant say i blame him, but if the Chiefs do not improve to at least 8-8 then they really have to go in another direction.

I want Herm and Carl gone as much as the next person, but i realize that Carl meddled where he shouldnt have. I dont expect much out of next year, to whoever is the coach, but if i think if he doesnt show serious signs of improvement,he will clean house.

TEX
01-18-2008, 06:26 AM
I don't like headline on my column at all. It's misleading. It implies that Hunt wants Herm to replace Carl as GM.

Might as well be a mongoloid then.

beach tribe
01-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Basically the examples that Herm can evaluate talent is a bunch of unproven players. BS.

TEX
01-18-2008, 06:30 AM
I found it interesting when Clark said that during the 2006 draft, it was Edwards that finally jumped on the table and basically told them all to listen up....."We are going to draft us a QB."

And that's why I'm scared they'll stick with Croyle even when they know he's not the answer. That's worse than not drafting a QB.

TEX
01-18-2008, 06:32 AM

All this "HERM SUFFERING Through a Rebuild" BS is his way of buying more time... :cuss:

Otter
01-18-2008, 07:33 AM

Wouldn't you say that would fit better in the scouting department than as the GM?

01-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Then he should be head of scouting if that's what he's great at. there is more to being a GM than just that. having a brain is another one.

KC Kings
01-18-2008, 07:52 AM
well, that's the first honest statement from a member of this franchise in my lifetime, it seems like....doesn't mean he will really commit to building a Championship team, but he clearly understands the problem and how we got here.....still wish he'd fire Carl, as Carl has nothing to offer, absolutely nothing positive to offer...but I can see Carl's exit on the horizon....the day is coming....

then Gun, then Herm, then maybe we'll have a chance...but not until then...

I call BS on the entire thing. Anybody who actually thinks we have an owner or GM that doesn't want to win a super bowl needs to step back, take a breath, and think about how ignorant that thought is. He might not be good at his job, but even if King Carl only cares about money he knows that is salary would be much higher today if he had a couple of SB wins or appearances under his belt.

The attitude of the Chiefs nation went down hill farther and farther with every miserable Chiefs performance, but now the season is over. The Chiefs aren't playing so their level of play isn't continuing to drop, but the attitude of the Chiefs nation continues to fall to all time lows due mostly to the media, disgruntled Chiefs fans, and ignorant Chief fans that actually think CP has a hidden agenda to be the poster boy of mediocrity. I think all of the “life-long” Chiefs fans that are done with the Chiefs are worthless trash. Any life-long fan over the age of 18 endured the period of Chiefs suckiness known as the 80’s, and wouldn’t burn their fan cards over this season. If the Chiefs come out and win their first 8 games next year, they will be right back on the bandwagon. These types are worthless.

The types that aren’t worthless are the fans that for the past years have dedicated their entire Sunday and invested a lot of money into Chiefs season tickets. I used to be jealous of people with season tickets until I started making enough to afford them myself. Personally I don’t think football is worth that kind of time or money, even if we were the Pat’s and knew we were destined for greatness but I am thankful for all of you STH’s that allow me to watch the game at home. One game a year to take in the Arrowhead experience is worth the money to me, but no more. All of you that think it is worth the time and money is why Clark had his all day 1 on 1 interviews. He is afraid that people like you will turn into people like me. Nothing can beat a great game at Arrowhead, where the game is close and the fans are really into it until the end, but how many games are like that? Maybe every 1 in 4? The remaining 3 of 4 can easily be beaten by watching the game in the comforts of my own home in front of the HD tv. No traffic, no waiting in line for a trough, no drunks fighting or puking in the seats next to me, and it is a lot cheaper. Carl is afraid that the faithful season ticket holders will jump ship, find out that watching the game at home isn’t that bad, and he will be out all of that future money.

This entire media day was nothing more than damage control.
Hunt said. “Both he and I agreed quickly that bringing Herm back was the right decision, which then made it a very easy decision for me in terms of bringing Carl back.”. Perfect answer! What he was thinking was, “Carl was GM over the team with the 2nd most wins in the decades of the 90’s. Carl brought in Vermeil and we were scoring 50 points a game and the fans loved it. I think Carl can get us to where we want to go, and all of the fans that think he doesn’t want to win are ignorant” But of course he isn’t going to say that, since Gretz is the official fan insulter of the Kansas City Chiefs. What Clark did was trick all of the ignorant fans. He used Herm as scapegoat, made it sound like Herm was the only reason Carl was still around, and not only was he able to side with the pissed off fans, he also bought himself a couple more year of having Carl at the Helm. Reading all of the posts and articles, I thought that both Carl and Herm were imbeciles, and had no clue? If firing Carl means getting rid of Herm, why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone, re-start the rebuild now before we waste anymore time on the current rebuild which will be a waste of time because Carl and Herm are mentally challenged? He took the hatred the general public has for Carl, (built by the media), sided with it, and every sports fan I have talked to after the interviews now feels a little better about the state of the Chiefs. Mission accomplished. The fans feel better, less people will drop their season tickets, and even if the Chiefs come out and have a repeat sucky season the fans will be consoled by the false hope that Clark shares the hatred for CP.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-18-2008, 07:55 AM

I'm confused ... do you not write the title for your columns? (genuine question, I have no idea)

dirk digler
01-18-2008, 08:03 AM
I actually liked this article. He answered very direct questions with direct answers. Alot better then either 610 or WPI.

Also I heard part of his interview with Jack Harry and he said this team has to compete for a playoff spot or he would consider that a failure.

So next year this team better be 9-7 or better.

King_Chief_Fan
01-18-2008, 08:11 AM

why do people keep saying that? Help me understand who he has evaluated, picked and show we what they are contributing? Go back to the Jets team and through the Chiefs......WHO?

Bowe I will give, but that was a no brainer.

Messier
01-18-2008, 08:17 AM
The day that Herm Edwards becomes the GM of the Chiefs is the day I flip a coin to choose whether I'm going to switch my allegiance to either the Broncos or Raiders. No shit...Herm elevates to that position and I'm done.

Your fandom will be missed.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Clark Hunt has full faith in Herm Edwards.

This organization never fails to disappoint me. Have full faith in a coach that has never fielded a very good team. A coach that is a sub .500 career coach. A coach that left his previous team in shambles. A coach that in two years hasn't improved your present team. **** Clark Hunt.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2008, 08:22 AM
I think all of the “life-long” Chiefs fans that are done with the Chiefs are worthless trash.

YOur going to make friend around here real fast.

Otter
01-18-2008, 08:28 AM
He took the hatred the general public has for Carl, (built by the media)

My hate for Carl has very little to do with the media and everything to do with being an embarrassment in the playoffs over and over and over and over and not knowing when to say enough is enough and give someone else a chance to do what he obviously cannot.

King_Chief_Fan
01-18-2008, 08:32 AM
Clark Hunt has full faith in Herm Edwards.

This organization never fails to disappoint me. Have full faith in a coach that has never fielded a very good team. A coach that is a sub .500 career coach. A coach that left his previous team in shambles. A coach that in two years hasn't improved your present team. **** Clark Hunt. aaaaaaannnnnnnd: The only coach in recent history that loses two games to donks and chargers and loses a home game against the Raiders aaaaannnnnnnd.....loses 9 straight games in one season. Other than Miami that was the single longest losing streak in the NFL this year.

Again, the question, how do you support a coach like that?

Messier
01-18-2008, 08:33 AM
why do people keep saying that? Help me understand who he has evaluated, picked and show we what they are contributing? Go back to the Jets team and through the Chiefs......WHO?

Bowe I will give, but that was a no brainer.

Jerricho Cotchery, Santana Moss, Kerry Rhodes , Dewayne Robertson, Jonathan Vilma, Tamba Hali, Mike Nugent, Chris Baker, Kolby Smith, Jarrad Page, and as much as people think he isn't a good player, Bernard Pollard would go ton the list. I think he'll be good.

jwhit
01-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm confused ... do you not write the title for your columns? (genuine question, I have no idea)

writers don't write the headlines. copy editors write the headline. i do not write my own headlines. the headline has been changed on the story. is there any way this thread title can be changed?

new headline: "Clark Hunt elevates Herm, weakens Peterson."

Hammock Parties
01-18-2008, 08:36 AM

Never let someone else write your headlines. If you don't have a choice, that sucks.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-18-2008, 08:38 AM
writers don't write the headlines. copy editors write the headline. i do not write my own headlines. the headline has been changed on the story. is there any way this thread title can be changed?

Ah, ok ... thanks for the clarification, I guess I just always assumed that the column writer wrote the headlines, you learn something new every day I guess.

As far as the thread title, I think a mod has the powers to change that, hopefully they'll see your post

C-Mac
01-18-2008, 08:42 AM

That's a bit scary.
Note to self....send 2 dozen donuts to copy editors room.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Never let someone else write your headlines. If you don't have a choice, that sucks.

I love the fact that Clayton is giving Whitlock career advice. This thread is priceless.

C-Mac
01-18-2008, 08:49 AM
I love the fact that Clayton is giving Whitlock career advice. This thread is priceless.
LMAO

penguinz
01-18-2008, 08:49 AM
This shows your lack of experience. The headline is always the decision of the editor.

dirk digler
01-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Never let someone else write your headlines.

LMAO.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2008, 08:51 AM
This shows your lack of experience. The headline is always the decision of the editor.

Not always. And it appears Whitlock got his changed. Good for him. Overbearing editors suck.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-18-2008, 08:51 AM

LOL! You're such an idiot ... yeah, jwhit gives a fuk about anything you have to say to him about writing

You're the worst person ever

Hammock Parties
01-18-2008, 08:52 AM
LOL! You're such an idiot ... yeah, jwhit gives a fuk about anything you have to say to him about writing

You're the worst person ever

Hey look everyone! The town retard just showed up!

ChiefsFan4Life
01-18-2008, 08:52 AM
And it appears Whitlock got his changed.

Wow, you're quick AND observant. What gave it away, was it when he said in this thread that he got it changed, or something else?

Rausch
01-18-2008, 08:58 AM
How convenient. After everyone tosses a fit about Clark's lack of passion, vision, and knowing we need change he throws that out there with Jwhit.

C-Mac
01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Not always. And it appears Whitlock got his changed. Good for him. Overbearing editors suck.
I could only imagine he horror....

Otter
01-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Granted I've never spoken to Herm behind close doors but from what I hear and read from his press conferences this guy has neither the poise or presence to fill a GM role.

What has he ever done to be considered a worthy candidate of a GM role? What has he done so far to win the coaching job let alone the GM position?

WTF is going on here?!?!?

jidar
01-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Well, at least we know what's on his mind. Even though it's what we suspected it's good to hear him say it. One thing I took from it is he isn't taking Petersons continued employment as a given, he said Peterson is here because Herm is here.

jidar
01-18-2008, 09:13 AM
How convenient. After everyone tosses a fit about Clark's lack of passion, vision, and knowing we need change he throws that out there with Jwhit.

what the ****? What are you bitching about here? You would rather he didn't say anything?

jidar
01-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Granted I've never spoken to Herm behind close doors but from what I hear and read from his press conferences this guy has neither the poise or presence to fill a GM role.

What has he ever done to be considered a worthy candidate of a GM role? What has he done so far to win the coaching job let alone the GM position?

WTF is going on here?!?!?

the article has nothing to do with Herm replacing Peterson as GM.

Phobia
01-18-2008, 09:14 AM

The dude amazes me. That's probably the dumbest thing he's ever posted.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2008, 09:15 AM

The time he gave Wilt Chamberlain dating advice comes close.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2008, 09:15 AM

But true.

Phobia
01-18-2008, 09:18 AM
But true.

Would you offer the same advice to Nick?

That's what I thought.

Hammock Parties
01-18-2008, 09:22 AM

That's what I thought.

Nick has headline writer's block.

Otter
01-18-2008, 09:30 AM
The time he gave Wilt Chamberlain dating advice comes close.

:LOL:

Clayton - my girlfriends old sorority sister is coming into town tonight. She coming off a bad break up and wants to blow off some steam by just partying and having a good time. I know they experimented together in the past.

My chances of pulling off the mina sa twa are at their statistical best. Hook me up with some moves mac daddy!!!!

FloridaMan88
01-18-2008, 09:33 AM

So does that imply that no good GM would have kept Herm?

What does that say about Herm then?

Hammock Parties
01-18-2008, 09:36 AM
My chances of pulling off the mina sa twa are at their statistical best. Hook me up with some moves mac daddy!!!!

Sure man. Just take them out for a nice dinner, real extravagant. Maybe a nice lobster place. Pay the full tab, and then hit a comedy club. Laughter is an incredible aphrodisiac for women. When that's done, take them home. Now the key to all of this is to wear something that makes you look like a million bucks. Don't shave for a couple days, because stubbly men in hot suits drive women wild. Anyway, when you get home, put on some soft music, dim the lights and get a bottle of wine (women love wine). Crack a joke, maybe start a pillow fight. End up in an accidental heap on the floor. The rest will take care of itself. Be sure to take pictures.

Rausch
01-18-2008, 10:32 AM
what the ****? What are you bitching about here? You would rather he didn't say anything?

No.

I wasn't tossing a fit yesterday when he pretty much said nothing. But Whit's article is written from the "just two guys shooting the breeze" perspective. Hey, they probably were, but it's no secret that Whit also checks in here at least every now and again. You don't think it's possible he might have mentioned something to Clark about pissy fans tossing a fit because they took just another bland radio bit and blew it up? Clark didn't feel any need to make a statement or clarify anything early in the day but by the time people had digested the first interview and fans were saying what he wasn't he made sure to state what he was about.

BigRock
01-18-2008, 10:55 AM
So does that imply that no good GM would have kept Herm?
No.

BigRock
01-18-2008, 11:05 AM
I wasn't tossing a fit yesterday when he pretty much said nothing. But Whit's article is written from the "just two guys shooting the breeze" perspective. Hey, they probably were, but it's no secret that Whit also checks in here at least every now and again. You don't think it's possible he might have mentioned something to Clark about pissy fans tossing a fit because they took just another bland radio bit and blew it up? Clark didn't feel any need to make a statement or clarify anything early in the day but by the time people had digested the first interview and fans were saying what he wasn't he made sure to state what he was about.
Clark was doing interviews ALL DAY yesterday. The first radio interview he did was in no way representitive of his overall comments. It's not his fault Twibell didn't ask him anything.

Yet that first interview is all some people heard, and they've convinced themselves that's all he said.

jwhit
01-18-2008, 11:07 AM
No.

Dude, you live in a fantasy world. No such conversation took place or would ever take place.

beach tribe
01-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Jerricho Cotchery, Santana Moss, Kerry Rhodes , Dewayne Robertson, Jonathan Vilma, Tamba Hali, Mike Nugent, Chris Baker, Kolby Smith, Jarrad Page, and as much as people think he isn't a good player, Bernard Pollard would go ton the list. I think he'll be good.
Wow! Two pro bowl alternates in 7 drafts........impressive.

crazycoffey
01-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Dude, you live in a fantasy world. No such conversation took place or would ever take place.

So you are confirming, that this place is NOT a good source for the pulse of chief fanaticism?

FAX
01-18-2008, 11:16 AM
I thought your article was very good, Mr. jwhit. Prop things to you and yours.

It seems to me that as the day wore on, one of two things happened. Either, A) The questions got better or B) Clark became fatigued and began talking out his patoot. Clearly, the afternoon information was more detailed and more interesting than the morning information.

Still, because Clark said so many things so many different ways, much is left to interpretation. It's funny to read Baghdad Blob's translation, for example. Nevertheless, Clark's whirlwind media tour was a good thing for the Chiefs and for Chiefs fans. I hope and trust he holds his FO and coaching staff accountable for the improvement he says he expects.

FAX

Rausch
01-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Clark was doing interviews ALL DAY yesterday. ..

See that now.

The first radio interview he did was in no way representitive of his overall comments. It's not his fault Twibell didn't ask him anything..

Whit made it sound like he didn't push much Clark just had things to get off his chest. Points to make. Says a lot I guess when nothing goes on with Twibell but the guy spills his guts with Whit.

el borracho
01-18-2008, 12:04 PM
I think Herm would make a great GM.
Not.
He is a great evaluator of talent.
Not.

FAX
01-18-2008, 12:04 PM
That Twibell person didn't really ask any probing questions, Mr. Rausch. It was, by far, the most softball interview I've ever heard.

I listened to several of the interviews throughout the day and read others. It appeared to me that, as the day progressed, Clark was either more comfortable and forthcoming or the questions got better. I learned much more in Petro's interview than in Twibell's, for example. And even more in Mr. jwhit's which was later.

FAX

Sure-Oz
01-18-2008, 12:05 PM

That's what I thought.
My advise is proof reading and spellcheck for Nick. I'll take my free WPI subscription now.

el borracho
01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Pollard, Tank and Turk are first day picks who have done nothing. Hali is a solid player but he isn't special and wasn't really worth a 1st.

Sure-Oz
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Pollard, Tank and Turk are first day picks who have done nothing. Hali is a solid player but he isn't special and wasn't really worth a 1st.
Hopefully hali can improve....but he was likely worth a 2nd round pick.

FAX
01-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Hali is a mystery. I'm beginning to think his injuries were more of a factor than has been made public.

FAX

el borracho

Herm is a 52-60 head coach. Herm is replaceable. Hell, even Gunther has a better win/ loss record as a head coach and nobody would say he's irreplaceable.

Rausch

Even there we haven't won a playoff game in years.

You wouldn't have a conversation with him, or I guess any owner, about the way the fanbase looks at them? You'd never say the perception seems to be xyz so far, this is what the media or people are saying? While I couldn't have been more wrong I don't see why that wouldn't be something you'd consider talking to him about.

el borracho
01-18-2008, 12:10 PM
So Carl gets to be GM for a few more years because of Herm? That's just sad...
It's passing on Chris Long because we already have Tamba Hali.

Coach
01-18-2008, 12:12 PM

If that happens, then this franchise is in for a long dark years. Herm has no experience in the administration department, and his "scouting" skills have been average at best.

Sorry, but if a team has been horrible/medicore, the only way to get better is to pick someone from a franchise that has been successful. For example, Pittsburgh, New England, Indianapolis, etc.

And I just think Clark is just fodder at best as well. Obviously he didn't care about the fans actions in the Tennessee game, where most of the fans were showing their displeasure on both Herm and Carl.

This organization needs a major overhaul, and Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards are NOT qualified for those, period.

el borracho
01-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Basically the examples that Herm can evaluate talent is a bunch of unproven players. BS.
Herm is ok at player evaluation but he isn't anything special. He would make a good scout.

Coach
01-18-2008, 12:13 PM

I'm in total agreement. There's no explaination for it. None. You and I, along with some members, know that Herm isn't the answer.

beach tribe
01-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Herm is ok at player evaluation but he isn't anything special. He would make a good scout.
Correct. The GREAT evaluator shit is just that. Shit.

el borracho
01-18-2008, 12:19 PM
If the Chiefs come out and win their first 8 games next year, they will be right back on the bandwagon.
You are completely delusional if you think there is even a 1 in 1,000 chance of the 2008 Chiefs starting 8-0.

FAX
01-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Most people realize that Herm isn't the answer, Mr. Coach. But, apparently, he's sold "The Plan" to Clark and Clark bought it.

But I see leaving Carl in place for another year as really almost a separate issue. Clark had plenty of opportunities yesterday to voice his support for Carl and he didn't do it. That speaks volumes and I can understand his approach. At this point, it's just easier to focus on the "rebuild" without throwing another GM into the mix. Will "The Plan" work? Conceptually, it's not a bad approach but people shouldn't necessarily believe that Herm is the guy to execute it.

I think Clark has the right idea here. Minimize variables, give Herm some rope, set reasonably high expectations, and see what happens.

FAX

crazycoffey
01-18-2008, 12:25 PM
You are completely delusional if you think there is even a 1 in 1,000 chance of the 2008 Chiefs starting 8-0.

color me delusional then. Not say we will, but saying we could. Plus I want to go officially on record as saying we will win at least one playoff game next year.

Coach
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Most people realize that Herm isn't the answer, Mr. Coach. But, apparently, he's sold "The Plan" to Clark and Clark bought it.

But I see leaving Carl in place for another year as really almost a separate issue. Clark had plenty of opportunities yesterday to voice his support for Carl and he didn't do it. That speaks volumes and I can understand his approach. At this point, it's just easier to focus on the "rebuild" without throwing another GM into the mix. Will "The Plan" work? Conceptually, it's not a bad approach but people shouldn't necessarily believe that Herm is the guy to execute it.

I think Clark has the right idea here. Minimize variables, give Herm some rope, set reasonably high expectations, and see what happens.

FAX

This so-called "The Plan" has been in effect for at least 19 years, and look where it got us this far.

0 Super Bowl Wins
0 Super Bowl Appearances
0 Playoff Wins since 1993
3 Playoff Appearances

As for Herm's plan, who the hell really knows what it is? I mean, watching him coach is like watching Art Shell coach, for God Sakes. Herm is just a hairline better than Art Shell, but that means that it's still no good.

There is no explaination for keeping Carl for another year. The majority of the fanbase is tired of this mickey mouse shit that been flinging out at 1 Arrowhead Drive since Marty quit.

The sooner Carl and Herm is replaced, the better off this franchise will be. I just fail to understand why Clark doesn't understand that. Usually, if there is a new GM, that GM more than likely will tear that team apart, and rebuild it with the philosophy that he likes, along with the new head coach.

And FWIW, the Don Coryell offense system isn't dead. It was just poorly misused by Herm. See the Colts, Chargers, and Redskins as example. Hell, even Todd Collins made the best out of it, and he was a back-up.

Sure-Oz
01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
color me delusional then. Not say we will, but saying we could. Plus I want to go officially on record as saying we will win at least one playoff game next year.
WIN a playoff game next year?? haha, you are on something :p We can't even win 5 games LMAO

Coach
01-18-2008, 12:31 PM

Won't happen. The talent level in this team is old and awful. Outside of Allen, Colquitt, D. Johnson, and Hali, who the hell else we got?

Croyle is a ? mark.
LJ is a major ? mark.
O-Line is wrecked.
Interior D-Line is wrecked.
Corners are old.
Safties are slow.
Depth is a issue.
Special teams was a major problem.

el borracho
01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Heh! You're crazy.

Mr. Kotter
01-18-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm in total agreement. There's no explaination for it. None. You and I, along with some members, know that Herm isn't the answer.

Herm may or may not be the answer. I'm skeptical at this point too---especially as head coach, unless his offense becomes more creative and more explosive. Marty and Cowher eventually came around; maybe Herm will too. I'm no big fan of Gailey, but.....his hiring raises the possibility that Herm realizes what he needs to do on offense IMO.

Regardless, Herm has a good football mind....even if his talents may be better suited for a job in the front office. However, his emphasis on ball control and defense is a sound approach; I'm still convinced that defense wins championships more often than offense. However, your offense HAS to be competent. The problem last year was....our coordinator, O-line, and our predictability were fatal.

KC Kings
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM

I would put a little money on 1 in 1,000 odds. Not much, but I would drop $50 on that bet for a chance to make 50K. I don't think it is going to happen, but with the worst team we have fielded in many years, we started the season 4-3 and were 1st place in the division. Yes, we played much worse than our record shows, but little things like playing with a healthy starting WR, LT, and RB will probably increase the level of play a little bit.

My point wasn't that I think we are going to start the season 8-0. My point is that any fan that has truly been a life-long fan and a lover of football is not going to cut all ties with their team after one season like the one we had. I find it hard to believe that people that completely gave up on the Chiefs after this season and sent their pitty letters to the editor were really life-long fans, because the 80's were much tougher to swallow than this crappy season 1 year after a play-off appearance. The only people that this statement should anger probably aren't spending the offseason on a Chiefs message board, and if they are they are only angry because the truth hurts. These same people will be back supporting the Chiefs again once we start winning again.

I still stand by my thoughts, that nothing has changed at 1 Arrowhead Drive, all of the organization are still trying desperately to win and get to the big game, and all of the interviews yesterday were just C. Hunt's way of performing damage control on the fan base.

crazycoffey
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Heh! You're crazy.

That's my name!
yeah, it's a gut feeling I'm having - just like I had about priest coming back (dead on) and making the playoffs last year (dead on)

FAX
01-18-2008, 12:42 PM
I understand, Mr. Coach. I'm not talking about Carl's "The Plan". I'm talking about Herm's "The Plan". The problem we have is that Herm's "The Plan" involves building through the draft and Clark likes that idea. As I said, conceptually, it's not a bad strategy. However, if Herm's "The Plan" was to repeat DV's approach, I'm not sure Clark wouldn't feel very differently.

We're hoisted because success of "The Plan" rests on something that, as an organization, we've historically demonstrated we do not do well - namely draft and develop talented young players. In fact, we've proven that we suck at that.

FAX

Mr. Kotter
01-18-2008, 12:51 PM

10-6 or 11-5, with a playoff win? I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it, at this point....but it's certainly not an outrageous thought given the current environment in the NFL.

FAX
01-18-2008, 12:55 PM
...all of the interviews yesterday were just C. Hunt's way of performing damage control on the fan base.

Good post, Mr. KC Kings. But I have to disagree with this little statement right here.

Clark's a smart guy. There are a lot of ways he could have "performed fan damage control" without clearly stating his expectations for next year and the years to follow. I'm convinced that he's competent enough to do that. Instead, he demonstrated his total dissatisfaction with the 2007 season, set the bar for Herm, laid out his approach to the team, and affirmed his commitment to winning.

It's funny. People have wanted somebody to put Carl in his place for a long time and Clark just took the first step. People have wanted us to develop our own QB and Clark just asserted his commitment to that. People have wanted the owner to get more involved and Clark stated he is now and is going to be even more involved in the future. Yet, these people are now complaining that he didn't publicly pull Carl's nuts off with a pair of pliers. The way I see it, this was a very civilized way to draw a line in the sand and people should be more happy than sad about it.

I despise Herm Edwards for lying to us and, basically demonstrating that he is a clueless fool. I can't stand Carl Peterson for many of the same reasons. But, I can't find anything in Clark's statements yesterday that indicate he isn't prepared and willing to take us in the right direction.

FAX

crazycoffey
01-18-2008, 12:58 PM
10-6 or 11-5, with a playoff win? I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it, at this point....but it's certainly not an outrageous thought given the current environment in the NFL.

That's what I'm trying to say.
but I'm also saying it will happen, not to bet money, but because I really really (want to) believe.....

Inspector
01-18-2008, 01:32 PM

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to get an indian to be the face of the Chiefs?

I mean, native american?

With feathers?

KC Kings
01-18-2008, 02:03 PM
This so-called "The Plan" has been in effect for at least 19 years, and look where it got us this far.

0 Super Bowl Wins
0 Super Bowl Appearances
3 Playoff Appearances

You're right. It is all Carls fault. Here is the complete history of Carl Peterson as GM, in his quest to keep the Chiefs from ever making it to the SuperBowl.

1989 - Carl wanted to reach for Arkansas DE Wayne Martin in the 89 draft, but was second guessed and as the Chiefs ended up drafting Derrick Thomas.
1990 - Carl put much pressure on the coaching staff to start Todd McNair over Christian Okoye, who went on to lead the league in rushing.
1991 - Carl Peterson, surprised that the 10-6 Chiefs could come back in the 4th quarter and beat the Raiders in the Wild Card game, faxed 73 pages of the Chiefs play book to Marv Levy to ensure that he would never have to use the word "SuperBowl" on his resume.
1992 - Carl took a breather, thinking that all of the team's injuries would make it impossible for the Chiefs to make it to the post season. His lack of effort almost got the best of him as the Chiefs faced the Chargers in the Wild Card game, but he got luckly as Chargers shut out the Chiefs in the post season. Carl thought about calling it quits after his team made it to the play-offs again, and the safety he drafted was named rookie of the year, but he developed and new plan and decided to stick around to teach Dale Carter how to use a bong.
1993 - Carl spent the off-season working on the "Master Plan", how to ensure no post season wins while tricking the fan base into getting their hopes up. As the plan developed he decided that he would sign older players who were too old to play well yet had a big enough name to excite the fans. Enter Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. He was devasted as his plan back fired and these proven veterens lead their team to the AFC Championship game. Lucky for Carl, Levy still had the 73 pages of the play book from '91, and they were able to beat the Chiefs on their way to their 4th straight Super Bowl.
1994 - As the senior citizen plan refused to come to fruition and Chiefs once again secure a play-off spot, Carl decides to take matters into his own hands and spike Montana's Geritol with opiates to decrease his level of play. The next week the Chiefs lost to the Dolphins, and Montana would never take another NFL snap.
1995 - Carl comtemplates suicide as he realizes that he is a complete failure, and is not able to suceed in running his team into the ground. Not only do the Chiefs make it to the post season, they do so with a 13-3 record, led the league in rushing offense, led the league in scoring defense, and led the league in turnovers. As Carl was ready to consume his bottle of sleeping pills, he decided to first fulfill a ghey fantasy that had been in his mind since his teen years, (nttatwwt). Carl snuck into kicker Lynn Elliot's apartment and brutally butt raped him. So affected by the raping, the young kicker went on to miss 5 FG's in his next game against the Colts, and spared Carl of his suicidal task.
1996 - Carl finally achieves his ultimate goal, as the Chiefs end a 6 year streak of play-off apperance while keeping the season ticket holders at bay with a RB setting records for most career rushing TD's, most games played by a RB, and most receptions by a RB.
1997 - Carl became a bit nervous when the Chiefs started the season 6-2. An injury to starting QB Elvis Grbac helped to calm the King's nerves, only to have the back up QB come in to lead the team to a 13-3 record and yet another play-off appearance. Not willing to let his legacy of mediocracy faulter, Carl threatened to fire Schottenheimer unless he started the original starting QB, despite the fact that he was rusty and still only 80% healthy. That move was all it took to allow the Chiefs to lose by 4 points to the Denver Broncos and propel our divisional foes to a Super Bowl Championship.
1998 - After starting the season 4-1, Carl went back to the old game of threatening the head coach with his job. Not sure if the threats would work, Peterson arranged a "business meeting" with Pat Schottenheimer at Tanners, where they just happened to run into Marty doing the Tootsie Roll with a Tanners waitress pregnant with his baby. Marty lead the Chiefs to 6 straight losses and a 7-9 season before he resigned, and Carl was finally able to record a losing seasons.
1999 - After too many close calls winning seasons with Marty, Carl desperately tries to avoid any head coaching candidate that he thinks will even have a shot of coaching the team to a winning record. He thought that he did just that when he promoted DC Gunther Cunningham to head coach, but somehow after playing a sloppy season of football, the Chiefs only needed to beat the Raiders in their final game of the season and the Chiefs would be headed to yet another Super bowl. While the Raiders would be able to tie the game in the 4th quarter and win the game in overtime, Carl was not able to shake yet another close call and on January 18th he cut the brake lines on Derrick Thomas' SUV.
2000 - Hallelujah! The Chiefs finally suck! Gunther sucks and gets fired! Grbac sucks, blasts his own team and is let go! But now Carl faces another dilemma... His plan to keep the Chiefs from winning in the playoffs and making it to a Super bowl have been working, but how can he ensure this fate unless he is at the helm, and how can he remain at the helm unless the stadium is sold out and he keeps making the Hunts more money??? If only there was a way to create a football team that is so exciting on offense that they score a ton of points to make the entire world take notice, but so bad on defense that there is no way they can win a play off game....
2001 - Welcome Dick Vermeil! Life can't get any better. A never was QB coming off an injury, and a shitty defense. Chief fans can boast about having yet another NFL rushing title, while a 6-10 record keep us out of the play-offs. With the rushing leader on team Carl decides to bring out the big guns, and draft Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Omar Easy, Scott Fujita, and Maurice Rodriguez in the 2002 draft.
2002 - As luck would have it the injured never was QB turns the quarter and starts to play well. Peterson is able to take another sigh of relief as Priest Holmes suffers a season ending injury and the Chiefs finished 8-8 and out of post season play.
2003 - As the 2001 plan starts to come full circle, the Chiefs fans are teased and lured out of their season ticket $$$ with the leagues leading offense, scoring a bazillion points per game. Carl never broke a sweat as he knew how piss-poor this defense squad was, lead by a buffoon of a DC, and the team lost in to the Colts in the play-offs, without even forcing the Colts punter to take the field.
2004 - Carl asks DV to publicly humiliate the backup RB Larry Johnson, providing a reason for local reports to still write articles about the Chiefs. As Holmes is injured the young RB is given a chance to take off his diapers, score 11 TD's in 4 games with 4 straight victories, but the Chiefs were still able to finish with a 7-9 record.
2005 - Dante Hall excites the fans with kick returns. Larry Johnson excites the fans with a brutal running style. King Carl turns to prayer. Through divine intervention Holmes suffers a spinal cord injury, the Chiefs finish 10-6 but not eligible for the play-offs, DV retires, and the mentally challenged Herm Edwards is available to fill the head coaching vacancy.
2006 - Carl makes a $20 bet with Trent Green that he can't rush for 50 yards in a game. Green takes him up on the offer, not knowing that Carl had also made a $20 bet with Cincy DE Geathers that he couldn't make Green blow snot bubbles. Magic is made when the 2 meet in 3rd quarter, and Green got knocked the **** out. Damon Huard, the model QBOTF for an organization committed to the middle of the road, becomes starting QB, the stars align somehow allowing the Chiefs a spot in the play-offs, where they are quickly disposed off.

Mecca
01-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Herm may or may not be the answer. I'm skeptical at this point too---especially as head coach, unless his offense becomes more creative and more explosive. Marty and Cowher eventually came around; maybe Herm will too. I'm no big fan of Gailey, but.....his hiring raises the possibility that Herm realizes what he needs to do on offense IMO.

Regardless, Herm has a good football mind....even if his talents may be better suited for a job in the front office. However, his emphasis on ball control and defense is a sound approach; I'm still convinced that defense wins championships more often than offense. However, your offense HAS to be competent. The problem last year was....our coordinator, O-line, and our predictability were fatal.

It sure looks like the 1st and 2nd ranked offensive teams are going to the Bowl this year.....the Colts won last year....things are changing. Elite offensive teams are the best teams. The Jags were the only team in the playoffs that really fit that mold maybe the Redskins to an extent and they both lost...I don't care how good ones defense is, New England is gonna rape and pillage it.

As far as contending for the playoffs next year or having a winning record I find that laughable. Unless this team signs 15 FA's even after the draft this will still be one of the least talented teams in the league and playing in the tough AFC conference.

When next year starts unless something drastic happens...

New England
Buffalo
Pitt
Cleveland
The entire south
San Diego

Are all more talented and better than the Chiefs and that doesn't even count the teams that are in the same spots like Denver and Cincy. So how the hell is this team going to make the playoffs or win a game? This is why I hate the "we need to compete next year stance" as tough as the AFC is you need a long term plan because if you go sign FA's to make the playoffs you'll get raped and sit in no position for the future...the same places we were before.

Messier
01-18-2008, 06:00 PM

0 Super Bowl Wins
0 Super Bowl Appearances
3 Playoff Appearances

As for Herm's plan, who the hell really knows what it is? I mean, watching him coach is like watching Art Shell coach, for God Sakes. Herm is just a hairline better than Art Shell, but that means that it's still no good.

There is no explaination for keeping Carl for another year. The majority of the fanbase is tired of this mickey mouse shit that been flinging out at 1 Arrowhead Drive since Marty quit.

The sooner Carl and Herm is replaced, the better off this franchise will be. I just fail to understand why Clark doesn't understand that. Usually, if there is a new GM, that GM more than likely will tear that team apart, and rebuild it with the philosophy that he likes, along with the new head coach.

And FWIW, the Don Coryell offense system isn't dead. It was just poorly misused by Herm. See the Colts, Chargers, and Redskins as example. Hell, even Todd Collins made the best out of it, and he was a back-up.

The Chiefs when to the playoffs 8 times in the last 19 years, not 3.

Rasputin
01-18-2008, 08:38 PM
That's what I'm trying to say.
but I'm also saying it will happen, not to bet money, but because I really really (want to) believe.....

I can believe it. Get our running game going with LJ and new O-line, create miss match with D-Bowe and Tony Gonzo, open things up & Brodie gets things going and our defense holds it's own it is possible. I don't expect playoffs next year but I do expect major improvement on both sides of the ball more on offense than defense though.

I think they will focus on the O-line and DBs and LBs in the draft. We will be a younger team that can grow and get better as the year goes rather than an old team that fell apart midway through the season. Actually it fell apart before the season even started.

Anyways we got a long road ahead before we can start saying playoffs. Playoffs?

Manila-Chief
01-19-2008, 12:10 AM

I'm in agreement with you. I really hope the guy is a success but I've not seen anything to demonstrate he will be. Most of the players he brought into NY are gone.

I hear/read about "Hunt keeping Carl because of Herm." I call foul!!!! Because, he is really saying he wants to leave Kingless in place and not have to take the blame, because what is he going to do next year. He'll have to leave Carl in place again next year to support Herm.

I wish Clark would have pulled the plug this year, gone after a young talented GM, revamped the scouting department, and brought in a young coach. Sure the youngesters may have failed but we would be striving for greatness instead of just trying to win enough.

I'm encouraged that Jason took the time to come on here. At least he knows how some of the fans feel. I thought his article provided some insight that we have not read in the Star in a long time.