PDA

View Full Version : Good Week for Chiefs

Hammock Parties
01-19-2008, 05:46 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/721473.html

The last seven days have been important for the Kansas City Chiefs. Wednesday afternoon Herm Edwards made a decision on his new offensive coordinator, soon thereafter Clark Hunt talked to the media and Friday’s news conference solidified the franchise’s new direction.

It’s obvious now – the Chiefs have a new leader and his name is Herm Edwards. Mere hours after Hunt expressed a vote of confidence in Edwards, the head coach displayed great conviction with the media in introducing Chan Gailey as his new offensive coordinator.

For those who didn’t see the news conference, Edwards words were chosen carefully. It looked as if he was preparing to roll up his sleeves and begin the hard work necessary to repair his football team.

Edwards didn’t pitch Gailey to the media. Instead, he gave his reasons for the hire and then allowed his new offensive coordinator to offer up his vision of KC’s future offense.

Much of that talk centered on fixing the offensive line and developing third-year quarterback Brodie Croyle. Both are issues that will be deliberated but probably not fully resolved until the end of October, when the Chiefs will have played half a season.

Until then we get to banter about Gailey, the shift of power in the front office and what players the Chiefs may sign in free agency in March or draft in April.

But through it all you have to be impressed with Edwards and how he’s taken control of this football team.

Since the Chiefs lost in New York, he’s shaken up his coaching staff, dumping the men who failed to get the job done. He’s already told a handful of players they won’t return in 2008.

A lot has been made about the perceived power struggle between he and general manager Carl Peterson, but who really knows if it was even that much of a struggle? Power is earned, and right now it appears Edwards is carrying the torch for this franchise. He intends to light as many fires as necessary to get the Chiefs back to respectability.

Herm has taken a lot of heat for his shortcomings as a head coach, but none of that matters at the moment. As he told me after the season finished, it’s all about the future.

It’s now his show and the fact he hired a man of Gailey’s credentials clearly indicates Edwards believes hiring an inexperienced coordinator might have led to more chaos.

That’s because the goal is to restore order. Edwards is well on his way to doing just that.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2008, 05:51 PM
mouth pressed firmly upon knob.

I don't know why Nick loves Herm. But boy does he love him. I was a little embarrassed to put this up.

TEX
01-19-2008, 05:53 PM
It’s obvious now – the Chiefs have a new leader and his name is Herm Edwards.

That is not a good thing.

MichaelH
01-19-2008, 05:57 PM
It’s obvious now – the Chiefs have a new leader and his name is Herm Edwards.

Boy Carl's gonna be pissed.

milkman
01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Since the Chiefs lost in New York, he’s shaken up his coaching staff, dumping the men who failed to get the job done. He’s already told a handful of players they won’t return in 2008.

Is Herman ****ing Edwards still the coach?

He is.

Then he failed to dump the the man whose failure is the most glaring.

I'm not impressed.

Spicy McHaggis
01-19-2008, 05:58 PM
As Nick's apprentice you know it is your destiny to one day rise up and slay him. It is the way of the Sith.

Hammock Parties
01-19-2008, 06:01 PM
As Nick's apprentice you know it is your destiny to one day rise up and slay him. It is the way of the Sith.

I sense a photoshop opportunity.

milkman
01-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh, and is Dick Curl still here?

I guess he was just ****ing outstanding, what with the spectacular play of Huard and Croyle this year.

**** you Herman ****ing Edwards.

Kerberos
01-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Is Herman ****ing Edwards still the coach?

He is.

Then he failed to dump the the man whose failure is the most glaring.

I'm not impressed.

Heh, The Great Vince Lombardi could be risen from the dead to take over this shitty team and I doubt you would be impressed even THEN?

evolve27
01-19-2008, 06:05 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/721473.html

It’s now his show and the fact he hired a man of Gailey’s credentials clearly indicates Edwards believes hiring an inexperienced coordinator might have led to more chaos.

Boring.

el borracho
01-19-2008, 06:10 PM
52-60

milkman
01-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Heh, The Great Vince Lombardi could be risen from the dead to take over this shitty team and I doubt you would be impressed even THEN?

No, I wouldn't be impressed, caause, you know, rising from the dead after 45 years is just so ho hum.

I'd bet the game has passed him by, too.

FAX
01-19-2008, 07:41 PM
I have a serious question. What is the point of these kinds of articles, Mr. GoChiefs? I mean, are they posted on the web site as filler? Do these articles help with franchise relations? Is there a quota of articles needed for the site? I'm very curious because they contain no news or research or anything.

FAX

chop
01-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Let's see...a coach coaches the Chiefs to the worst record in a long time. He also has the worst offensive output I can ever remember the Chiefs having. His interviews make you scratch your head wondering what he's talking about and he is the future leader of the Chiefs and winning a power struggle with CP. hmmm....

FAX
01-19-2008, 07:46 PM
"For those who didn’t see the news conference, Edwards words were chosen carefully. "

Now, this is funny. I don't care who you are.

Especially when Hermster said he wants an offense that, when it's third or fourth and one, everybody in the stadium knows you're going to run the ball.

FAX

Hammock Parties
01-19-2008, 07:50 PM
I have a serious question. What is the point of these kinds of articles, Mr. GoChiefs? I mean, are they posted on the web site as filler? Do these articles help with franchise relations? Is there a quota of articles needed for the site? I'm very curious because they contain no news or research or anything.

FAX

Nick feels the need to get his take out there.

FAX
01-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Nick feels the need to get his take out there.

Basically editorial discretion? That makes sense, I suppose. So, Nick has thrown in with Herm? Will this not harm his relationship with Carl, access to inside information, etc.?

FAX

Hammock Parties
01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Basically editorial discretion? That makes sense, I suppose. So, Nick has thrown in with Herm? Will this not harm his relationship with Carl, access to inside information, etc.?

FAX

Herm is running the show at One Arrowhead.

But that said, I believe Nick genuinely likes the guy. I wish I shared his optimism. I don't think it's bullshit because I'm pretty sure Nick wasn't real fond of Vermeil.

Mecca
01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Let's see...a coach coaches the Chiefs to the worst record in a long time. He also has the worst offensive output I can ever remember the Chiefs having. His interviews make you scratch your head wondering what he's talking about and he is the future leader of the Chiefs and winning a power struggle with CP. hmmm....

Yea this is the guy we expect to lead the rebuild of our team, how brilliant.

Halfcan
01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
it was embarrassing enough just reading it.

yeah and a little gay

milkman
01-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Yea this is the guy we expect to lead the rebuild of our team, how brilliant.

Excuse while I go shoot myself.

bdeg
01-19-2008, 08:39 PM
"He’s already told a handful of players they won’t return in 2008."

Interesting. Why wasn't this public?

Phobia
01-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Herm is running the show at One Arrowhead.

But that said, I believe Nick genuinely likes the guy. I wish I shared his optimism. I don't think it's bullshit because I'm pretty sure Nick wasn't real fond of Vermeil.

He was fond of him at the time. I worked with Nick during the DV era. Even at the end he was enamored.

blueballs
01-20-2008, 12:11 PM
"He’s already told a handful of players they won’t return in 2008"

Oh the torture of not spending the $99.99

Hammock Parties
01-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Nick is at the Senior Bowl this week, so we're going to have some pretty outstanding coverage. I suggest you all click into Warpaint hundreds of times throughout the day!

Adept Havelock
01-20-2008, 12:34 PM

Sounds like this calls for "Thunderdome"!

Two Hacks enter! One Hack Leaves!