01-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Bowe
Drummond
Parker (UFA)
Sippio (arena league trash)
Webb
Kennison (IR)
Price (IR)

Another disaster of a position for us that will need some attention this offseason. Bowe and Webb will almost certainly be back and I would imagine Parker gets offered a contract. Drummond and Sippio will almost certainly be gone. I'm not sure about Kennison- he doesn't fit the idea of getting younger and he finished the season on IR but we gave him a raise not too long ago (2 years?) so his contract and our desperation at the position might earn him another year. I don't even really know who Price is, so I'll go ahead and say he's a goner. In my estimation, we are in the market for 2 or 3 new receivers this offseason.

1. Who do you think will be here?
2. Who would you like to be here?

FAX
01-19-2008, 09:29 PM
I have a question for you guys. Actually, two questions.

Question number one is; Why do you guys bash SIPPIO!!! so much? Is there such a difference between catching 1 million balls in the Arena League and catching just 10 or so per game in the NFL? Is it speed? Ability to gain separation? Learning the plays? The Chandy Man got production out of Kordell, I don't see why he can't do the same with SIPPIO!!!.

Question number two is; Does Mr. Bob Dole or someone else live near the town of Stephenville, Texas? They are having tons of UFO sightings down there and we probably need to send a ChiefsPlanet representative down there to find out what's going on.

FAX

acesn8s
01-19-2008, 09:36 PM

Question number one is; Why do you guys bash SIPPIO!!! so much? Is there such a difference between catching 1 million balls in the Arena League and catching just 10 or so per game in the NFL? Is it speed? Ability to gain separation? Learning the plays? The Chandy Man got production out of Kordell, I don't see why he can't do the same with SIPPIO!!!.

Question number two is; Does Mr. Bob Dole or someone else live near the town of Stephenville, Texas? They are having tons of UFO sightings down there and we probably need to send a ChiefsPlanet representative down there to find out what's going on.

FAXClark Hunt speaks to the media the same week as massive UFO sightings. I do believe Mr FAX that a representative would not be welcomed based on our Chiefs affiliation.

blueballs
01-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Throw the ball
hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaha

cdcox
01-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Bowe is the only one that really matters in my book.

Parker and Webb are just guys that could be easily replaced.

No one else should even be on the roster. Kennision is just too old.

This is a position that is just a train wreck, yet no one is talking about it because we drafted Bowe last year. A great illustration of how far this team has to go in the rebuild process. We desperately need a speed receiver. Bowe is good, but more of a possession guy.

cdcox
01-19-2008, 10:18 PM
chiefs will be bringing in some wr competition (either through the draft or FA).

They need to bring in a bona fide starter. Competition for the guys after Bowe won't help.

acesn8s
chiefs will be bringing in some wr competition (either through the draft or FA).Who would want to come here?

OK. Your job is to take two steps and block for the first two downs. On third down take two steps back and wait for the ball, it should be thrown near your knees. On forth down we will need you to cover the punt.

RustShack
How fast is Webb compared to Bowe?

RustShack
01-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Draft Todd Blythe!

Hammock Parties
01-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Sippio will be back, at least for training camp. Kennison is adios.

StcChief
01-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Competition here could be interesting, we need a #2/#3/#4

acesn8s
01-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Competition here could be interesting, we need a #2/#3/#4Is that what rounds we need to draft a WR?

Deberg_1990
01-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Sure, the WR position needs an upgrade, but so do alot of positions on this team.

Some of you guys are under the impression we will be able to upgrade every position in one year. This team is so bad, its at least two seasons away from being competetive again.

KCJohnny
01-19-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm on the Bernard Berrian bandwagon.

Sam Hall
01-19-2008, 10:45 PM
DJ Hackett would be nice if he can stay healthy.

StcChief
01-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Sure, the WR position needs an upgrade, but so do alot of positions on this team.

Some of you guys are under the impression we will be able to upgrade every position in one year. This team is so bad, its at least two seasons away from being competetive again.
I know the quick fix is far away, leaving 12M in cap money on the table in 2007 or some number under that in the past, leaves us with out FAs
K.Bell wasted FA.... picks like that sour Clark on using it for FA.

Don't draft well so your constantly trying to cover that.

We are gonna have Parker (surprised us this year) in 2008. Webb ? McIntire? so camp fodder, may a late rounder in 2008....

Oline, DB, DT is priority in 2008

Deberg_1990
01-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I know the quick fix is far away, leaving 12M in cap money on the table in 2007 or some number under that in the past, leaves us with out FAs
K.Bell wasted FA.... picks like that sour Clark on using it for FA.

Don't draft well so your constantly trying to cover that.

We are gonna have Parker (surprised us this year) in 2008. Webb ? McIntire? so camp fodder, may a late rounder in 2008....

Oline, DB, DT is priority in 2008

Yep, lets hope they stick to the plan and build through the draft. Avoid the quick fix and get young hungry guys in here who grow and develop together.

Of course, this requires 2-3 years of patience. Something neither Carl or the KC fans have ever shown much of.

acesn8s
01-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Oline, DB, DT is priority in 2008Don't forget about the franchise QB.:doh!:

el borracho
01-19-2008, 10:58 PM

FAX
Well, mostly I was being silly, Mr. FAX, but behind every joke there is some truth. I have nothing against the guy but Sippio isn't very likely to do much in the NFL.

cdcox
01-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Don't forget about the franchise QB.:doh!:

Last year we didn't address CB and now we are deperate this year.

LB is last years CB.

KCJohnny
01-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, mostly I was being silly, Mr. FAX, but behind every joke there is some truth. I have nothing against the guy but Sippio isn't very likely to do much in the NFL.

Yeah, we all know how arena leaguer Kurt Warner sucked when he was given his chance to play in the NFL.

HIChief
01-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Jason Rivers and Davon Bess out of Hawaii will be available in the 2008. How do they strike you?

el borracho
01-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Yeah, we all know how arena leaguer Kurt Warner sucked when he was given his chance to play in the NFL.
Which of the following statements is more accurate:

1. Every year a few dozen guys come out of the arena league and wow the NFL
2. Every few years a guy comes out of the arena league and wows the NFL

Believe what you want- I don't really have much invested in the argument and I don't mind Sippio coming to camp and competing but the fact is that the odds are against him. He isn't a guy we should expect much from.

RJ
01-19-2008, 11:12 PM

Did you strain your shoulder while reaching that far?

Chiefs_5627
01-19-2008, 11:16 PM
I would love to get Liamas Sweed somehow. (for the record, not with our #1 ;) )

el borracho
01-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Last year we didn't address CB and now we are deperate this year.

LB is last years CB.
Ah, CB- another disaster. If we let Law and Surtain go we will be left with
Barksdale
Patterson
Sapp
Brackenridge (IR)

I wonder if they'll have to stones to let both Law and Surtain go, given the list of bodies behind them. It will depend on what we get in the draft, I suppose.

el borracho
01-19-2008, 11:22 PM
I would love to get Liamas Sweed somehow. (for the record, not with our #1 ;) )
I can't imagine how that would happen. I guess if we traded down but I think that would be a very risky strategy for Herm and Carl. Even knowing how trashy our WR corps is I think I would go a little nuts to spend such a high pick on a WR this year.

RJ
01-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Ah, CB- another disaster. If we let Law and Surtain go we will be left with
Barksdale
Patterson
Sapp
Brackenridge (IR)

I wonder if they'll have to stones to let both Law and Surtain go, given the list of bodies behind them. It will depend on what we get in the draft, I suppose.

I doubt it. Maybe one but not both.

I guess other than DE and TE we don't really have any positions of strength. Some might argue for RB but I'm not so sure.

el borracho
01-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Even DE is a little suspect, depending on one's evaluation of Hali. Can you imagine the giant freakout that will occur if the Chiefs were to draft C. Long or Ghoulston?
Oh, and I think K. Wilson is a free-agent and I have to imagine we let Jason Dunn go so that means we need at least one more TE.

acesn8s
01-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Even DE is a little suspect, depending on one's evaluation of Hali. Can you imagine the giant freakout that will occur if the Chiefs were to draft C. Long or Ghoulston?
Oh, and I think K. Wilson is a free-agent and I have to imagine we let Jason Dunn go so that means we need at least one more TE.What positions do we NOT need?

Anybody?

Bueller?

Bueller?

doomy3
01-19-2008, 11:48 PM
as for the original question, I would like for us to make a play for Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals. He is a free agent this year, and is still pretty young, just buried behind Fitz and Boldin there. Unfortunately, we have too many holes to fix them all in the draft this year, so going after a young FA at a couple of these positions makes some sense to me. Bryant Johnson would be a considerable upgrade as our #2 receiver IMO.

Micjones
01-19-2008, 11:52 PM
There are a handful of solid FA options:

Bryant Johnson
Bernard Berrian
Justin Gage
Patrick Crayton

I think we can add a solid #2 and keep Parker on as the slot guy.

Add any one of those guys to a group with an improved Bowe and a seemingly ageless Gonzalez and you have a pretty solid passing game.

Thanks to Jake Long, a FA Guard, and the come-uppance of a young Rudy Niswanger at the other Guard spot.

el borracho
01-19-2008, 11:53 PM
What positions do we NOT need?
Punter, of course!

Rasputin
01-19-2008, 11:54 PM

Anybody?

Bueller?

Bueller?

A Punter :thumb:

el borracho
01-19-2008, 11:55 PM
"During the 2007 season, Crayton has filled in nicely at the #2 receiver spot while Terry Glenn was rehabbing from a knee injury. On December 27, 2007, Crayton was rewarded for his efforts with a 4-year contract extension worth $14 million. Crayton had a 697 yard season in 2007."

RJ
01-19-2008, 11:58 PM
as for the original question, I would like for us to make a play for Bryant Johnson from the Cardinals. He is a free agent this year, and is still pretty young, just buried behind Fitz and Boldin there. Unfortunately, we have too many holes to fix them all in the draft this year, so going after a young FA at a couple of these positions makes some sense to me. Bryant Johnson would be a considerable upgrade as our #2 receiver IMO.

I'd be good with Johnson. Him and Bowe would be a big pair of bookends, nice targets for Brodie along with TG.

RJ
01-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Punter, of course!

That position should get a lot of work, we might need to get a backup.

Micjones
01-20-2008, 12:01 AM
"During the 2007 season, Crayton has filled in nicely at the #2 receiver spot while Terry Glenn was rehabbing from a knee injury. On December 27, 2007, Crayton was rewarded for his efforts with a 4-year contract extension worth $14 million. Crayton had a 697 yard season in 2007."

Ah well... Nix Crayton.

I'd take Berrian, Gage or Johnson...

el borracho
01-20-2008, 12:04 AM
Ah well... Nix Crayton.

Me, too. I hope Carl and Herm feel the same way.

RJ
01-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Ah well... Nix Crayton.

My guess is Berrian will be out of our price range. I doubt much will be invested in the position until the QB and O-line situations are addressed.

acesn8s
01-20-2008, 12:08 AM
The chiefs suck so much that they need another Johnson.

Micjones
01-20-2008, 12:09 AM
My guess is Berrian will be out of our price range. I doubt much will be invested in the position until the QB and O-line situations are addressed.

Think so?

I thought he'd command a smaller contract than Crayton.
And he got what...14 milly over 4 years? 6 million in signing bonuses?

milkman
01-20-2008, 12:11 AM
We don't have enough draft picks.

el borracho
01-20-2008, 12:12 AM
We'll have to overpay people to play here in the next few years.

Mr. Kotter
01-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Think so?

I thought he'd command a smaller contract than Crayton.
And he got what...14 milly over 4 years? 6 million in signing bonuses?

I'm with you Mic, on this one. We'll try to sign someone like Berrian to a mid-range but reasonable price range.

I'm betting we "try" to fill O-Line with 1st round in the draft, and hopefully taking a stab at Fanaca.....or the best available FA...and maybe a even another first day pick in the draft.

I say Croyle has at least one more season to prove himself.

el borracho
01-20-2008, 12:21 AM
Well, let's see...
3 picks to the Oline
1 pick to the Dline
2 WR
2 CB
2 LB
... would be a good start on the rebuild. Of course, only 3 or 4 of those guys will work out but it would be a good start. Of course, we'll probably take a kicker, 2 safeties, a tight end and a fullback.

milkman
01-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Well, let's see...
3 picks to the Oline
1 pick to the Dline
2 WR
2 CB
2 LB
... would be a good start on the rebuild. Of course, only 3 or 4 of those guys will work out but it would be a good start. Of course, we'll probably take a kicker, 2 safeties, a tight end and a fullback.

We blew our 4th round(?) pick on Medlock last year.

We'll go kicker in the 2nd round this time around.

Can't take a chance on blowing it this time.

After all kicker is the most important player in Herman ****ing Edwards offense.

el borracho
01-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Hey! When do they disclose those undisclosed draft picks we got for Tynes, Sims and Bennet?

el borracho
01-20-2008, 12:42 AM
And another thing, did the Chargers really trade away their 2nd and 3rd round picks this year?

milkman
01-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Hey! When do they disclose those undisclosed draft picks we got for Tynes, Sims and Bennet?

The last minute, of course.

el borracho
01-20-2008, 12:46 AM
The last minute, of course.
Man, you really need a break from football. This season did something to you.

ChiefsFootball
01-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Man, you really need a break from football. This season did something to you.

This season did a lot to all Chiefs fans.

Direckshun
01-20-2008, 02:15 AM
A #2 WR in FA wouldn't surprise me, but I'm thinking we're going to draft one or two.

We need WR on day one (I'm thinking Limas Sweed in round 2 or Dorien Bryant on round 3), and it's not out of the question that we'll attain another in a later round.

Zeke Ziggle
01-20-2008, 03:11 AM
A #2 WR in FA wouldn't surprise me, but I'm thinking we're going to draft one or two.

We need WR on day one (I'm thinking Limas Sweed in round 2 or Dorien Bryant on round 3), and it's not out of the question that we'll attain another in a later round.
What about taking a flier on jordy nelson. Not sure whether he will be more than a good college receiver but hes a big body, great hands. Local kid who wants to be a chiefs. Downside would be having two big possession guy and no real burners.

Micjones
01-20-2008, 03:20 AM
I'm with you Mic, on this one. We'll try to sign someone like Berrian to a mid-range but reasonable price range.

I'm betting we "try" to fill O-Line with 1st round in the draft, and hopefully taking a stab at Fanaca.....or the best available FA...and maybe a even another first day pick in the draft.

I say Croyle has at least one more season to prove himself.

Faneca would be a Willie Roaf type upgrade at the Guard position, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and there are younger options available in FA this off-season.

Ryan Lilja
Jake Scott
Chris Snee
Chris Kemoeatu

All of which are under 28 if I'm not mistaken.

Frankie
01-20-2008, 03:33 AM
I'm on the Bernard Berrian bandwagon.
I saw him in a couple of games. He's not bad at all.

Frankie
01-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Even knowing how trashy our WR corps is I think I would go a little nuts to spend such a high pick on a WR this year.
I would go 'a lot' nuts.

Frankie
01-20-2008, 03:41 AM
Too bad we are not the Broncos. Or the comissioner would find an excuse to give us a couple. Oh, I forgot Tagliabue is not the comish anymore.

Chiefs=Champions
01-20-2008, 05:10 AM
I think rather than picking up johnson or Berrian we should look at the Hackett guy from the seahawks. He may come cheaper and is loaded with potential...

milkman
01-20-2008, 08:50 AM

I think, if I were in charge, I'd take a look at the young WRs and guards in FA, and draft the best OTs, DTs and Corners availble.

I wouldn't limit myself to those positions, since I'm a BPA kind of guy, but those would be the positions I'd be targeting.

And I certainly wouldn't discount the possibility of picking up another QB if one looks promising early.

Micjones
01-20-2008, 09:00 AM
I think rather than picking up johnson or Berrian we should look at the Hackett guy from the seahawks. He may come cheaper and is loaded with potential...

Hackett's had some injury problems, no?

milkman
01-20-2008, 09:08 AM
TE
RB
punter

I would disagree that TE and RB are not needs.

They do, however fall lower on the list of priorities.

But if one is available that clearly is the BPA, I wouldn't pass on them simply because we have greater needs elsewhere.

penguinz
01-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Anybody?

Bueller?

Bueller?
Punter. :p

siberian khatru
01-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Well, let's see...
3 picks to the Oline
1 pick to the Dline
2 WR
2 CB
2 LB

I WISH 3 or 4 of those guys would work out. The way the Chiefs have drafted, it will be more like 1-2 will work out.

CoMoChief
01-20-2008, 10:56 AM
BERRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Hall
01-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Hackett's had some injury problems, no?

Yes, but he was lights out this season when he played. He wouldn't be too expensive, he's young and has good potential.

acesn8s
01-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Why hasn't Drummond been told to take a hike yet?

milkman
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM

Because he wouldn't get more than a couple yards before the hike came to an abrupt end.

acesn8s
01-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Because he wouldn't get more than a couple yards before the hike came to an abrupt end.Perhaps he should wear glasses so that he may see the hole in the wall.

Hydrae
01-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh, and I think K. Wilson is a free-agent and I have to imagine we let Jason Dunn go so that means we need at least one more TE.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson still here next season. Maybe even more of a FB role though.

We still also have Michael Allan who will come up off the PS next season I am sure.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2008, 06:25 PM

Don't worry he's gone. Finding a KR/PR is one of Herm's priorities this offseason.

acesn8s
01-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Don't worry he's gone. Finding a KR/PR is one of Herm's priorities this offseason.I would wager that my fat ass could do better than he.

FloridaMan88
01-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Bowe, Webb and dump the rest.

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-23-2008, 03:37 AM
Who are the Giant WRs' ????

Plaxico Burress? Looks like Sippio to me.

Short passes to physical big WRs'.

Micjones
01-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Bowe, Webb and dump the rest.

Parker outplayed Webb this season.
Jeff Webb had his chance to solidify himself as our #2.
He simply didn't do it. Far too inconsistent to hold that job down.

I'd hang on to him though.
Give him one last season to prove himself.

Mecca
01-23-2008, 05:21 AM
Who are the Giant WRs' ????

Plaxico Burress? Looks like Sippio to me.

Short passes to physical big WRs'.

Uh Plaxico Burress is 6'6 and has the ability to seperate....there's a reason he was a top 10 pick.

KCJohnny
01-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Really hard to grade the WRs when the QB/OL positions are in such flux. Huard was able to spread the ball around more, Brodie basically got his first read, then decides to hit the primary receiver, the checkdown receiver or scramble.

Not saying that WRs don't matter, but Grbac threw for 4,169 yards in 2000 with only 1 WR who had been on the 1999 squad. Marino threw for 48 TDs with two WRs who stood all of 5'9". Great QB play can elevate WR production.

I like the idea of trying to acquire Berrian, although he will be pricey. We do need a vet on the squad. Bowe + another draft pick = no experience in the WR corps. And you can bet Herm likes big, physical receivers who know how to block on rushing plays. Gailey's O scheme will require WRs to block well. I see us trying to get bigger at WR a la Jax. Not that I agree with that. For my $, Carolina's Steve Smith is the best WR in the game and he's about 5'10". Its all about game-day ability, not combine-hype.