PDA

View Full Version : My Old Mustang

HonestChieffan
01-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Watching the auction makes me want to shoot my own self for ever getting rid of the old girl. Man they do have some fine rides and the boys are paying serious money again this year.

RNR
01-20-2008, 09:56 AM
It is amazing how much money the old muscle cars bring! A couple years ago a Daytona which is the ugliest car in muscle history sold for $250.000 :eek:

Skip Towne
01-20-2008, 10:01 AM
It is amazing how much money the old muscle cars bring! A couple years ago a Daytona which is the ugliest car in muscle history sold for $250.000 :eek:
I nominate the Barracuda for the ugliest car in muscle history.

RNR
01-20-2008, 10:04 AM
That huge spoiler on the back of the Daytona was pretty dang ugly!

Hydrae
01-20-2008, 10:20 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Skip Towne
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I once saw a Challenger up in the Portland area that someone had grafted one of those wings onto. Now that was a weird looking car.

HemiEd
01-20-2008, 10:27 AM

Oh shut up.

HemiEd
01-20-2008, 10:29 AM

Back in the late 60s, before those cars were even released for public sale, they had a few running around Wichita. They were there doing the wind tunnel testing at WSU. I remember saying "who the hell would buy one of those?" They were ugly then and still are.

RNR
01-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Back in the late 60s, before those cars were even released for public sale, they had a few running around Wichita. They were there doing the wind tunnel testing at WSU. I remember saying "who the hell would buy one of those?" They were ugly then and still are.
I grew up and live in Wichita and remember there was a handful of them around town in the 70s

HemiEd
01-20-2008, 10:44 AM
I grew up and live in Wichita and remember there was a handful of them around town in the 70s

Yep, I was in a car club with a few of them, WAM (Wichita Area Mopars). They are regular cult car now.

The ones I am referring to was before I went in the Navy, November of 68. I used to pump gas at a Vickers station before joining, that is where I remember them from. It didn't click what was going on until I read the history of the car, much later of course.

RNR
01-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Yep, I was in a car club with a few of them, WAM (Wichita Area Mopars). They are regular cult car now.

The ones I am referring to was before I went in the Navy, November of 68. I used to pump gas at a Vickers station before joining, that is where I remember them from. It didn't click what was going on until I read the history of the car, much later of course.
Do you ever come back to Doo Daw? if you do give me a holler and maybe we can toss back a couple cold ones.

HonestChieffan
01-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Id love to have a 69 Mach 1. Loved that car. 68 Roadrunner was a fine ride as well

HemiEd
01-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Do you ever come back to Doo Daw? if you do give me a holler and maybe we can toss back a couple cold ones.

At least 4 times a year, I wish I still lived there. I will send you a PM next time, I look forward to it. :thumb:

blueballs
01-20-2008, 11:56 AM
musktang sounds like a tranny

BigMeatballDave
01-20-2008, 12:42 PM
I nominate the Barracuda for the ugliest car in muscle history.The early models, maybe, but not later models. No freakin' way.

stumppy
01-20-2008, 01:58 PM

Thems fightin words!!