PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning= Brian Broehm?

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Aren't they similar?

doomy3
01-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Why do you think so?

Mecca
01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Ok tell me why they are similar I'll talk about this odd comparison after that.

Bowser
01-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Brohm.

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Accuracy and coming from good passing offenses.

Height, vision. Pocket presence. Feel for the game. Intangibles.

What else?????...hmmmm.

The combines will be really interesting.

Another point is that Kevin Keitz brought up how all the good teams have good QB's.

I think we might take QB in the first. Alot of you will be pissed but you never know. I would be ok with it.

FloridaMan88
01-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Brohm reeks of a system QB (Bobby Petrino's system, which was a failure in the NFL).

I see Brohm as another Chris Redman

Hammock Parties
01-20-2008, 11:29 PM
No, Brohm is accurate. Eli is not.

Mecca
01-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Ok I'll talk about some of this stuff....

Brohm is about 6'4 and has NFL size...his "system" is kind of a mix of NFL and college. It's not as close to an NFL one as Manning played in however.

His natural skillset is comparable to Matt Ryans however intangibles is a bit of a problem. They aren't close to Ryans.

Brohm isn't a horrible prospect but he isn't a slam dunk either. His accuracy number is nice but he isn't asked to make many difficult throws.

chagrin
01-20-2008, 11:38 PM

What else?????...hmmmm.

Another point is that Kevin Keitz brought up how all the good teams have good QB's.

I think we might take QB in the first. Alot of you will be pissed but you never know. I would be ok with it.

wrong, Keitz is a dipshit - did you see Brohm play this year? If so did you also see Eli play when he was in College?

I'm asking because you seem to be making statements based off of what someone else is saying...and we won't be taking a QB in the first, doesn't matter if we'll be pissed or not, won't happen.

Ultra Peanut
01-20-2008, 11:38 PM
**** YOU

Mecca
01-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Keitzman is ok sometimes......

The franchise QB argument he makes is correct...you aren't going to win anything without one.

doomy3
01-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Keitzman is ok sometimes......

The franchise QB argument he makes is correct...you aren't going to win anything without one.

Keitzman is an assclown.

xbarretx
01-20-2008, 11:43 PM

What else?????...hmmmm.

if we cant get long i would rather us get a QB if its less of a reach than OT. if we go QB 1 we have to have 2 OT to say the least. this drafts going to be fun b/c there is so many ways our picks could go....its like 97 % excitment and 3% terror....or maybe its 97% terror and 3% excitment...but thats what makes it so intense!

alanm
01-20-2008, 11:44 PM
wrong, Keitz is a dipshit - did you see Brohm play this year? If so did you also see Eli play when he was in College?

I'm asking because you seem to be making statements based off of what someone else is saying...and we won't be taking a QB in the first, doesn't matter if we'll be pissed or not, won't happen.
I wouldn't be pissed if they went QB in the 1st. I wouldn't be overly happy about it either. The safe pick would be Long if he's there at 5 which is what I expect we're going to pick. What would thrill me no end is if they go DT and get either Ellis or Dorsey if there is a God. ;)

xbarretx
01-20-2008, 11:45 PM
heck, maybe a QB in the 2nd ... i still say that with some O-line help BRodie can cut the mustard for us ... an upgraded line and some WR help = positive learning environment :toast:

2008 DRAFT = the year of KC not reaching!!! (i hope)

xbarretx
01-20-2008, 11:48 PM
What would thrill me no end is if they go DT and get either Ellis or Dorsey if there is a God. ;)

ill drink to that my friend :BLVD:

HolmeZz
01-20-2008, 11:48 PM
You also thought Andre Woodson was similar to Mike Vick and Vince Young.

And I don't know why we're anointing Eli Manning.

Mecca
01-20-2008, 11:53 PM
This Manning stuff is kind of out there....he's played 4 nice games in a row.....to be a franchise QB it requires years of that.

J Diddy
01-21-2008, 01:50 AM
You also thought Andre Woodson was similar to Mike Vick and Vince Young.

And I don't know why we're anointing Eli Manning.

because he's getting it done

Eleazar
01-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Chiefs Planet composition: Whenever possible, insert extra letters into a player's last name. Ask Ryan Simmmmms or Kendall Gammons or Chase Daniels

nychief
01-21-2008, 09:42 AM

What else?????...hmmmm.

we have to consider taking a QB...if matt ryan is a manning/rivers/rothlisberger

Baby Lee
01-21-2008, 09:42 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=749667

Rivals have us taking him, the 2nd QB in the draft, at the 5 spot, because 'QB is our highest priority.'

ROFL ROFL

Do they point a second of thought into these things?

DaKCMan AP
01-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I am more impressed by Brohm's college play than I was by Eli's - and I saw Eli play in person when he was at Ole Miss. However, Brohm had more offensive talent around him at Louisville than Eli did at Ole Miss.

At no point have I ever thought "hmm... these guys are similar."

Deberg_1990
01-21-2008, 12:16 PM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=749667

Rivals have us taking him, the 2nd QB in the draft, at the 5 spot, because 'QB is our highest priority.'

ROFL ROFL

Do they point a second of thought into these things?

Well, the Chiefs are team that should be in complete rebuild mode.

Where do most teams usually start when they rebuild?? QB

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-21-2008, 03:50 PM
we have to consider taking a QB...if matt ryan is a manning/rivers/rothlisberger

Parcells takes Matt Ryan.

The Bad Guy
01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
There is no way I believe that Parcells hitches his wagon to Jon Beck. Parcells didn't draft him. He's older for a QB, and he's frankly nothing impressive.

Parcells knows you win and lose at this level with a QB.