PDA

View Full Version : Nelson and Flacco - Future Chiefs? (jordy nelson alert wildcat homers)

Hammock Parties
01-21-2008, 09:01 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/722130.html

There are few no-brainers when it comes to the Senior Bowl, but the newfound direction of the Kansas City Chiefs has led them to a pair of tempting players who have overcome long odds to arrive where they are this week.

One of them – Kansas State wide receiver Jordy Nelson – was standing in the hallway shortly after Monday morning’s weigh-in when Chiefs director of college scouting Chuck Cook walked by.

He had the look of a scout who knew he couldn’t keep the cat out of the bag. I had discovered a player the Chiefs’ scouting department really likes.

Nelson has spent the last five years at Kansas State shattering most of the school’s receiving records. He was someone the Chiefs identified early on as a player who can make the jump to the NFL.

When I first spoke with Cook about Nelson last November, he already had high praise for the young receiver. But Monday he saw what the rest of us saw during the North squad practice, when Nelson was almost unstoppable.

“He’s a fine, fine pro prospect,” Cook said of Nelson. “I can’t give any higher, glowing recommendations on the way he attacked the game in college and the way he worked himself.”

“He’s really a self-made guy with skills, and that’s what you look for. You look for overachieving guys with physical skills. People don’t realize how fast the guy is. They don’t realize how big he is until they see him. I’ve had some defensive backs here and at the East-West game tell me that this guy, they don’t realize how fast he is on tape until they play the guy. He really has maximized his career at Kansas State.”

Nelson was a bit unnerved by Monday morning’s weigh-in. It was, as he put it, a bit strange to walk out into a room full of men wearing only his underwear, but he told me if that’s what it takes to get to the NFL, he doesn’t mind.

His true test will be this week, however, when Nelson will get a taste of the professional game as he works with a real NFL coaching staff.

“It’s another opportunity to improve and run an NFL system,” he said. “It’s another week to improve and show the coaches how you practice and how you play.”

And that’s just what Nelson did Monday afternoon. He stood out as one of the best receivers on the practice field, but only displayed one of the skills that made him an electrifying player with the Wildcats - he didn’t get any chance on Monday to use his extensive talents as a return man.

It just so happens the Chiefs are looking for someone to return kicks and punts next season, which isn’t surprising after Eddie Drummond struggled in 2007. Nelson is on their radar.

“We’re desperately looking for that return guy,” Cook told me. “What you want in that return guy, is you want him to be like Dante Hall in his prime, but you want the guy to play a position at a high rate as a second or third receiver. He comes in there and plugs in as a second or third receiver and then plays on special teams, and that just gives him so much versatility, especially in our eyes.”

Nelson knows the Chiefs have shown quite a bit of interest in him over the last couple of years. He’d like nothing more than to play in Kansas City.

“It would be great,” said Nelson. “First off, it would be a team I watched growing up and it’s close to home. Family and friends would be able to come watch, so it’d be a great opportunity for that. I’m willing to do whatever it takes and go wherever I’m needed, but the opportunity for family and friends to be close would be nice.”

Nelson would obviously fit in well with the Chiefs, who need a returner and certainly don’t have the league’s deepest wide receiver corps. Another player who’s at the Senior Bowl this week and might find a place in Kansas City is Delaware quarterback Joe Flacco

The Chiefs may have plans to draft another quarterback and with Brodie Croyle entering his third season and Damon Huard a year older, Cook would like to see the team keep the quarterback pipeline flowing.

"Joe Flacco, obviously he had a dynamite career at Delaware and we’re going to work him up this week and see how he compares with the best,” said Cook. “I don’t agree that he’s the best quarterback prospect in the draft but he can change my mind by the end of the week. The Blue Hens were better with him and he’s a 6-foot-6 guy who can throw the ball around the yard."

"Obviously you’re always looking at every position but quarterback is a need and we want to develop a young one. We’ve got Brodie, we’ve got Tyler Thigpen, but we’d like to have another one to put in the fray.”

You can see why the Chiefs might be interested in Flacco. After watching Monday’s practice, the tall, strong-armed passer was clearly the best quarterback on the North squad. He easily outshined the two more heralded guys on the field - Michigan’s Chad Henne and USC’s John David Booty.

There are questions about the level of competition Flacco faced at Delaware, however. Because of that, all he wants now is a shot to show NFL scouts and coaches he can take the leap from Division I-AA to the big show.

“I came from a 1-AA school so I couldn’t be more excited to be down here playing with all these great guys,” said Flacco. “I’m excited to get practice started and see what everybody has.”

“I have to go out there and throw the ball like I always do, and let them know I understand the basic parts of the offense they’ve put in so far. I’m a quick learner so if I make good decisions I can get some completions.”

kstater
01-21-2008, 09:04 PM
The All-American would compliment Bowe well. :D

Deberg_1990
01-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Lets draft USC’s John David Booty and give Mecca a woody!

KcMizzou
01-21-2008, 09:06 PM
The All-American would compliment Bowe well. :DI sure wouldn't mind having him...

And as long as we're talking local talent, Maclin. Three years from now. Three, no less.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Jordy Nelson gets made fun of a lot on some of the draft boards I read. Some people on the forums act like he's Moss and Owens rolled into one so it results in them being made fun of and Nelson being made fun of...

He even got his own new name...

Jordyz Nelsonz

Oh and this...

BREAKING NEWS! Jordyz Nelsonz stock absolutely plumits, he is no longer a first day pick, hell the kid's going to jail!! It was recently discovered due to the diligent meddling of a group of pot-smoking teenagers and their talking great dane, that the long-eared kiss-looking creature who has been trolling internet draft sites and hyping up jordy nelson, comparing him to Randy MOss and jerry rice in order to dupe one of the 32 NFL teams to wasting huge money on his less than stellar physical tools, turns out to actually be the Jordyzz Nelsonzzz!

In leaving Mr. Nelsonzz actually states that he would have been a first rounder and stolen millions from a foolish team if it wasn't for those dope smoking, meddling teens and their pesky dog scooby doo!
http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/15128/2431617070102847668S600x600Q85.jpg

I personally think the shit is funny, maybe it's just me.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Lets draft USC’s John David Booty and give Mecca a woody!

For the record I'm not a big fan of his.

Hammock Parties
01-21-2008, 09:08 PM
He sure is dopey looking.

pikesome
01-21-2008, 09:09 PM
I sure wouldn't mind having him...

And as long as we're talking local talent, Maclin. Three years from now. Three, no less.

Umm... wishful thinking I'm guessing. The three years that is.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Drafting Nelson is also a double edged sword...being a white WR in this market somehow means if he makes 1 play people will think he's ****in great and the next huge star...

Kinda like Marc Boerigter was in peoples minds it was sad and funny at the same time.

doomy3
01-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Jordy Nelson gets made fun of a lot on some of the draft boards I read. Some people on the forums act like he's Moss and Owens rolled into one so it results in them being made fun of and Nelson being made fun of...

He even got his own new name...

Jordyz Nelsonz

Oh and this...

BREAKING NEWS! Jordyz Nelsonz stock absolutely plumits, he is no longer a first day pick, hell the kid's going to jail!! It was recently discovered due to the diligent meddling of a group of pot-smoking teenagers and their talking great dane, that the long-eared kiss-looking creature who has been trolling internet draft sites and hyping up jordy nelson, comparing him to Randy MOss and jerry rice in order to dupe one of the 32 NFL teams to wasting huge money on his less than stellar physical tools, turns out to actually be the Jordyzz Nelsonzzz!

In leaving Mr. Nelsonzz actually states that he would have been a first rounder and stolen millions from a foolish team if it wasn't for those dope smoking, meddling teens and their pesky dog scooby doo!
http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/15128/2431617070102847668S600x600Q85.jpg

I would guess it's just you. That was actually pretty ghey.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 09:22 PM
I think Nelson would make an excellent slot receiver and a good #2 backup. Great hands, great straight line speed, big. He's a bit slow out of his cuts and is a long strider which will limit his explosiveness as an NFL player. I like him in the 3rd and call him a steal in the 4th.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I think Nelson would make an excellent slot receiver and a good #2 backup. Great hands, great straight line speed, big. He's a bit slow out of his cuts and is a long strider which will limit his explosiveness as an NFL player. I like him in the 3rd and call him a steal in the 4th.

You just described the opposite of a slot WR......a slot guy needs to be very quick and cut very well...

Thig Lyfe
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Nelson was a bit unnerved by Monday morning’s weigh-in. It was, as he put it, a bit strange to walk out into a room full of men wearing only his underwear

If there were a bunch of guys standing around wearing my underwear, I'd be weirded out, too.

KcMizzou
01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
If there were a bunch of guys standing around wearing my underwear, I'd be weirded out, too.LMAO

Nice catch.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 09:30 PM
You just described the opposite of a slot WR......a slot guy needs to be very quick and cut very well...

My point is he can go over the middle and make the very tough catch after taking a hit head on or after going up to get the ball. He's not a blazer. In Herm's O he could be a lesser talented Bowe (who I see as a #2 receiver). To be clear I didn't say he doesn't run good routes just that at the NFL level he doesn't have Holt or Harrison suddeness.

KC's Receivers

#1 - A young blazer, with good size and great hands (deep threat and after the catch skills)
#2 - Bowe (medium range threat with excellent after the catch capability
#3 - Nelson (Tough yardage guy with upside while he's young)

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey just sayin that skill set is not what a slot WR in the NFL does. Wes Welker is a slot guy...

If you wanna pick someone to be a slot WR, Eddie Royal fits it better.

Thig Lyfe
01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Jordy Nelson is da next Wes Welker!

Thig Lyfe
01-21-2008, 09:34 PM

It's just you.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey just sayin that skill set is not what a slot WR in the NFL does. Wes Welker is a slot guy...

If you wanna pick someone to be a slot WR, Eddie Royal fits it better.

It depends. Wes Welker, Brandon Stokley and others make their money in the slot because of their suddeness, speed and hands. The suddeness keeps them from getting squished by LB's and safeties because of their small frames. My point is Nelson could do all of that only he's bigger and can take more blows and could go over a safety or LB. KC has no number one receiver now so he could be the #2 next year by default if Kennison goes away but I'd like to see KC field three big receivers who can block and who can make the big catch in traffic. What you seem to be saying is he is to big to be a slot.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:41 PM
He is..big slow guys don't play in the slot. Playing there requires certain skills.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2008, 09:45 PM
You know, the slot reciever role for the Chiefs hasnt been that important in recent years because Tony Gonzalez basically fills the same role.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
You know, the slot reciever role for the Chiefs hasnt been that important in recent years because Tony Gonzalez basically fills the same role.

I remember when people argued that we didn't need a #1 WR because of Tony, I still think that's a stupid argument.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
He is..big slow guys don't play in the slot. Playing there requires certain skills.

I think he could be a good #2 receiver as well. His hands are excellent, his body control is very good for a big receiver and he's clutch.

I think clutch football players are rare and this kid doesn't choke. He's like Drew Brees was coming out of Purdue in a way. He just gets his job done.

By the way if you want to argue I'll tell you I think the DT from USC has to small of a body and his arms are to short to last very long in the NFL even if he's just a one gapper. I wouldn't draft him.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I wonder if you've ever seen him play......

Are you going to argue that he isn't going to be good because he isn't the "prototype" so to speak?

ChiefaRoo

Mecca brush the hair out of your eyes. I didn't say he was slow.

KcMizzou
You know, the slot reciever role for the Chiefs hasnt been that important in recent years because Tony Gonzalez basically fills the same role.Another weapon is never a bad thing.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2008, 09:51 PM
I remember when people argued that we didn't need a #1 WR because of Tony, I still think that's a stupid argument.

Agreed. I was just saying that Tony fills the role of the "chain mover" over the middle who can make the tough intermmediate catch.

You still need outside threats obviously.

doomy3
01-21-2008, 09:51 PM

Are you going to argue that he isn't going to be good because he isn't the "prototype" so to speak?

Isn't that what you're arguing about Jordy Nelson?

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 09:52 PM

I've seen him play twice. I think he will do well (as a one gap DT) until his body breaks down. I'll bet you a coke right now he won't make the starting roster of year 6 in the league. He's a smaller version of Dana Stubblefield (who also had short arms) and his body is going to break down. One thing I learned growing up with Marty ball is to choose players with big, bodies for their positions. Mike Mamula may look great on draft day but in the end the physical pounding is just to much.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Mecca brush the hair out of your eyes. I didn't say he was slow.

When you say a guy has good straight line speed but isn't that quick that is the absolute opposite of a slot WR. Being slow out of cuts is the last thing you want in a slot guy.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
When you say a guy has good straight line speed but isn't that quick that is the absolute opposite of a slot WR. Being slow out of cuts is the last thing you want in a slot guy.

We're talking past each other. He's not Stokley or Welker quick but he's quick enough and he's much bigger and can stay on his feet after a hit. Also, he'll be more resistant to injury.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Isn't that what you're arguing about Jordy Nelson?

You have to have certain skills to play in the slot.....you wouldn't draft Marcus Monk and put him in the slot. The slot is for guys like Wes Welker, even Anthony Gonzalez who is very quick and runs good routes. Those are ideal slot guys, long striders who don't break or cut well are meant for the outside.

Being in the slot means you need to know how to cut and move quick to get into space with guys around you.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
I've seen him play twice. I think he will do well (as a one gap DT) until his body breaks down. I'll bet you a coke right now he won't make the starting roster of year 6 in the league. He's a smaller version of Dana Stubblefield (who also had short arms) and his body is going to break down. One thing I learned growing up with Marty ball is to choose players with big, bodies for their positions. Mike Mamula may look great on draft day but in the end the physical pounding is just to much.

Mike Mamula got catapulted due to workouts and not his play.....

I guess you think Tommie Harris sucks to then because he's kinda small for a DT.

doomy3
01-21-2008, 10:00 PM
There are different ways to use a slot receiver. It doesn't have to be the quickest, shiftiest guy in the world.

Good slot receivers can do one or two of the following things: They are shifty enough to work the underneath routes and rack up yards after the catch, they are tough enough to catch passes in the middle of the field, or they are speedy enough to bolt down the seam of the defense for occasional long passes.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:01 PM
You have to have certain skills to play in the slot.....you wouldn't draft Marcus Monk and put him in the slot. The slot is for guys like Wes Welker, even Anthony Gonzalez who is very quick and runs good routes. Those are ideal slot guys, long striders who don't break or cut well are meant for the outside.

Being in the slot means you need to know how to cut and move quick to get into space with guys around you.

It's about getting seperation. Generally slot receivers don't get pressed and they can be covered by the 3rd best DB, a safety or even a LB in rare occasions. I'm just saying Nelson is a capable of breaking in right away as a #3 and then graduating to a #2 once he learns the playbook. I wouldn't draft him in the first or second rounds though. Also, Nelson has WAY more talent than Marc Boerigter ever had and as I said earlier he's the kind of kid who won't drop the ball on third and 5 in the cold in the fourth quarter when the team needs him.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
So you want the Jaguars WR corps alright...let's get a bunch of big guys who don't run very well.

NIUhuskies
01-21-2008, 10:04 PM
• Purdue's Dorien Bryant was real quick out of his breaks but Kansas State's Jordy Nelson was not and seemed to be doing everything a step slower than everyone else. On a positive note Nelson does adjust to the ball well.

• At quarterback nobody really blew the doors off the stadium but USC's John David Booty was the best of the bunch. Booty has a terrific delivery and throwing motion and really leads his targets well. Delaware's Joe Flacco needs to work on speeding up his drops but he had some moments and held his own despite playing against better competition than he's used to. Michigan's Chad Henne really throws a nice all but he didn't necessarily stand out.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/seniorbowl/reports/practices/north121.html

Mecca
01-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Dorien Bryant is another guy who is basically ideal as a slot WR.

ROYC75
01-21-2008, 10:07 PM

Agreed ........Good slot recivers need to cut on a dime, instance seperation, must have excellent hands and then have good open field running ability over blazing speed.

You want the speed on the outside to strech the field, drawing the safties away from the middle.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Mike Mamula got catapulted due to workouts and not his play.....

I guess you think Tommie Harris sucks to then because he's kinda small for a DT.

I don't know much about Tommie Harris so lets not bring him into this. I agree about Mamula but he did have a big rep coming out of BC prior to the combine if I remember correctly but didn't he get picked 5th overall? Way to high. I think you have to look at on field performance over time and then project the players skills to the next level. If the guy dominated in the SEC for example you feel pretty good because he went against other big time players almost every week. If the guy is from the ACC or even the PAC 10 you have to worry a bit because those conferences aren't as tough top to bottom as the SEC year in and year out. I also worry about injury if the guy is a bit of a tweener. Hali is a prime example. Rookie year he pulled a butt muscle and then this year it was his shoulder and ribs. He's a small framed DE. Once he gets past 26 or 27 you have to think he's about done.

Getting back to the original discussion. I see Nelson as a diamond in the rough and I see the DT from USC as being a less talented John Randle or a smaller Dana Stubblefield.

We'll see how it plays out.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Agreed ........Good slot recivers need to cut on a dime, instance seperation, must have excellent hands and then have good open field running ability over blazing speed.

You want the speed on the outside to strech the field, drawing the safties away from the middle.

Under Marty the Chiefs had a ton of small receivers like JJ Birden on both the inside and the outside. They all got hurt ( a lot). I think you can have three relatively big guys who can use their bodies to get separation. I prefer one of them (The #1 rec.) to be big and fast meaning he's at least 5'-11" with no shoes, 200lbs (before a meal) and can run a 4.48 or faster.

If you use Mecca's logic then you never draft a D. Bowe because he's not fast enough to be a number one, he's not sudden enough for the slot and his hands are merely very good instead of excellent. My point is D. Bowe is the sum of his parts and therefore a threat. Nelson has those tools plus the guy is a clutch time performer IMO.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
How in the blue hell do you not know who Tommie Harris is, do you just watch the Chiefs?

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
How in the blue hell do you not know who Tommie Harris is, do you just watch the Chiefs?

I watched less FB this year than I ever have in my entire life. I played about 700 hours of tournament poker and missed a lot of Sat. and Sun.'s this year. All I really know about the guy is he played for Da' Bears.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
He's been in the league like 4 years......

Anyway any issue with Ellis isn't a big deal because the Chiefs play a defensive scheme he can play in. He's extremely strong, people just look at his height "oh he's to short" stupid shit like that.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:29 PM

I'm not so much arguing the concept Royc. I mean, Stokley and Welker are proof. That being said where do you think Nelson fits in at the NFL level? I think he's a good 3rd round pick and great 4th but he has intangibles that will make him a better gamble than most guys picked at that spot. I could see him playing right away. Do you guys really think he's Victor Bailey and won't be able to get separation out of his cuts?

Mecca
01-21-2008, 10:30 PM
This is a crappy WR year to be honest with you...

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:32 PM
He's been in the league like 4 years......

Anyway any issue with Ellis isn't a big deal because the Chiefs play a defensive scheme he can play in. He's extremely strong, people just look at his height "oh he's to short" stupid shit like that.

Dan Saleaumua was short but he was built like a trash truck. Ellis is small framed at 286lbs to 295lbs and has short arms. I don't like the small frame but with the short arms he's in trouble.

Remember, I am saying all this assuming he's a top 10 pick. IMO a top 10 pick at DT should play a long time barring a catastrophic injury.

Mecca
01-21-2008, 10:35 PM
He weighed 308 at the senior so what was that you were saying?

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:36 PM
• Purdue's Dorien Bryant was real quick out of his breaks but Kansas State's Jordy Nelson was not and seemed to be doing everything a step slower than everyone else. On a positive note Nelson does adjust to the ball well.

• At quarterback nobody really blew the doors off the stadium but USC's John David Booty was the best of the bunch. Booty has a terrific delivery and throwing motion and really leads his targets well. Delaware's Joe Flacco needs to work on speeding up his drops but he had some moments and held his own despite playing against better competition than he's used to. Michigan's Chad Henne really throws a nice all but he didn't necessarily stand out.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/seniorbowl/reports/practices/north121.html

Remember, they were only in shells during this practice. BFD, Samie Parker looks great in shells.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:38 PM
He weighed 308 at the senior so what was that you were saying?

Then he's put on weight. He looks small to me on the field although very quick.
http://usc.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=8&c=1&nid=1997479

Mecca
01-21-2008, 10:40 PM
I find it odd that a man that is 6' 310lbs is considered "small" he's strong as hell and gets in the backfield..he always demands doubles.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:40 PM
I guess it all comes down to philosophy. I believe if the Chiefs are going to play Herm ball then KC needs bigger receivers.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I find it odd that a man that is 6' 310lbs is considered "small" he's strong as hell and gets in the backfield..he always demands doubles.

He's not that big. Listen, you know as well as I do he's going to be going up against 6'-5" 325 to 340lbs all day long. He needs long arms to keep them off of him or he needs to be bigger or very fast. He'll make his money being very fast. But at some point he's going to get knicked and then he's in trouble and that could happen right away or in season two or three. I wouldn't want a top 10 who relies on speed and leverage to get penetration.

Zouk
01-21-2008, 11:14 PM
I really don't see Jordy Nelson giving the Chiefs anything more than Jeff Webb - who we should remember ran a 4.4 at the combine at 6-2 210 lbs.

What the Chiefs desperately need is a pure burner to put on the outside.

By the way, Mike Mayock thinks that Sedrick Ellis is strong enough to play nose in the 3-4. I think he's right. He can play nose tackle right now for every team in the NFL - he'll be ready from day 1.

ChiefaRoo
01-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I really don't see Jordy Nelson giving the Chiefs anything more than Jeff Webb - who we should remember ran a 4.4 at the combine at 6-2 210 lbs.

What the Chiefs desperately need is a pure burner to put on the outside.

By the way, Mike Mayock thinks that Sedrick Ellis is strong enough to play nose in the 3-4. I think he's right. He can play nose tackle right now for every team in the NFL - he'll be ready from day 1.

What round would you take Nelson in?

Zouk
01-21-2008, 11:21 PM

I don't know what round he'll go in. My guess is 4 or 5. I buy into those arguments that say that Tony Gonzalez is our true slot man on most 3rd downs and that what we really need is pure speed on the outside. I'll be interested to see the reports on Donnie Avery. And I'm probably the only person here who also won't complain if we take DeSean Jackson at #5.

the Talking Can
01-21-2008, 11:21 PM
"He had the look of a scout who knew he couldn’t keep the cat out of the bag. I had discovered a player the Chiefs’ scouting department really likes."

wtf?

that's one of the dumber things I've read in my life....

WilliamTheIrish
01-22-2008, 10:25 PM

Nelson shouldn't be drafted. Not by the Chiefs. We have waaaaay more needs. I've stated this previously and I'll say it again. You can find a Jordy Nelson any time in the UDFA ranks.

The Chiefs don't have the luxury of wasting a draft pick so Carl can promote the local great white hope. Which is the exact reason CP/Herm will draft Neslon too high.

With our luck, we'll draft Talib so we can waste two picks.

Skip Towne
01-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Dan Saleaumua was short but he was built like a trash truck. Ellis is small framed at 286lbs to 295lbs and has short arms. I don't like the small frame but with the short arms he's in trouble.

Remember, I am saying all this assuming he's a top 10 pick. IMO a top 10 pick at DT should play a long time barring a catastrophic injury.
You should know a lot about trash trucks.

aturnis
01-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Flacco would be great IMO. Whenever I watched him play he really made things happen. It'd be a smart shot to take.