PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs are racist

Pages : [1] 2

falstaff
08-01-2001, 04:06 PM
How can you guys be fans of a clearly racist team? Teams like the 'Redskins' and the 'Chiefs' are clearly depicting American Indians in an inappropriate manner. As if the white man has not done enough damage to the Indian culture and heritage, football teams like the Chiefs must portray Indians and their mascot and portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner.

The US would never stand for team names like the 'Honkies', 'Spooks', 'RagHeads', 'WOPs', or 'Slants'. Why then should we be subjected to the desecration of the American Indian?

By simply supporting this, what I consider to be a criminal organization, you are backing the negative portrayal of the American Indian. Therefore, I consider you not Chiefs fans, but racists. The path to Arrowhead Stadium is truly a Trail of Tears.

HC_Chief
08-01-2001, 04:11 PM
Who cares?

The team was named after John Bartel. His nickname 'Chief'

Go cry somewhere else.

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 04:17 PM
What would you suggest??? By the way, are you Native American yourself, or are you someone who knows what everyone else is offended by. Did you ever consider that Native Americans might be proud to have a professional team use Chiefs as their name??? Lets get rid of all of the names that are considered by some offensive and just call them "The Kansas City Football Team"

why aren't tall people complaining about the Giants???

Do you think African Americans are offended by the Browns???

Should PETA have a problem with the Dolphins, Bears, Lions, etc...

Are thieves pissed cause there is a team named The Steelers (sorry) ;)

FWIW, If you would take the time to look it up, you would know that the Chiefs were named because of a business man that helped bring football to KC, not Native Americans

continuing to be politically incorrect...

BIG_DADDY
08-01-2001, 04:18 PM
I'll bet your not even an Indian.

TexN
08-01-2001, 04:22 PM
The CP community is also prejudiced against whiners!

"Chiefs" is a title of stature and is in no way derogatory. Are we no longer allowed to use words that were created by minorities or oppressed people. You are clearly the racist, falstaff!

BTW, I kind of like the sound of the Kansas City Honkies. Maybe we could start a petition.

Go MT!

Multi1
08-01-2001, 04:23 PM
If you want to be offended, you can be. There are too many people in the world just looking for something to cause them an offense. You can put yourself in that category if you want to, I choose not.

If you want a good cause to get involved with, look at the crap that is being taught to our kids in schools. History is being rewritten to be politically correct. (i.e. The attack on Pearl Harbor is now called a surprise attack instead of a sneak attack as it was. Surprise is more PC than sneak.)

Look at the freedoms that have been taken away from us because someone thinks they are more important than the rest of us. I don't have to point out any specific items, there are so many that each person that can think knows several of them.

BTW I am a Chief, I am not offended by the Kansas City team calling themselves Chiefs. I am of indian blood, however, I am an American more than an indian. I am of the human race, therefore I fit into every category, you see there is only one race on this planet.

Time to get your head out and find someting good to do for mankind.

KS Smitty
08-01-2001, 04:23 PM
I believe that Chief is an English word for leaders of Native Americans. I don't think they called themselves Chief whatever. It is also used in the Armed Forces ie Chief Petty Officer. Not to mention that is the nickname of one of the men responsible for bringing pro football to KC. How is that racist?

falstaff
08-01-2001, 04:25 PM
If the Chiefs are named after a business man, then where did they get Arrowhead stadium? I suppose maybe he called his car Arrowhead?? Additionally, the Chiefs merchandise clearly displays American Indian artifacts. The name 'Chiefs' is CLEARLY and UNDENIABLY assoicated with American Indians.

Additionally, other names in the NFL do not offend entire cultures by sterotyping them. The Browns are named after DOGS - not African Americans - yet this is another clear example of the racist attitude of a typical Chiefs fan.

My post is not intended to stir up trouble or slander the your team in anyway. I only hope to get the fans to realize that the team they support is racist. In order to live in a more accepting society, I would hope that the members of this board petition to bring their team into the new millenium by changing the name to a more pollitically acceptable mascot. Good luck to you all.

BroncoFan
08-01-2001, 04:27 PM
Broncos... now there is a name!!

falstaff, you can't possibly be a heterosexual, football appreciating male to post this type of crap. Which would make you an indian woman. May I suggest you change your username to squaw and save your namesake (a truly wonderful beer) some embarrassment.

And clean up your tepee!!

KS Smitty
08-01-2001, 04:28 PM
I don't think that native americans were the only people that used stone arrows.

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 04:29 PM
Like HC stated, the name "Chief" is taken from John Bartel, it's not a reference to American Indian chiefs. While the early logo of the franchise did depict an American Indian, all references have long since been removed from both the team and Arrowhead stadium, with the exception of the actual arrowhead itself, and I think it's a stretch at best to call the symbol of an arrowhead detrimental in any way, shape or form toward the heritage of the American Indian. There's no so-called "war chants" in Arrowhead stadium, like you'd hear in Atlanta or Tallahassee. There's no American Indian mascot - the mascot is a wolf, of all things, not the idiotic (and IMO insulting) grinning Cleveland Indian logo, nor the logo on the helmet of the Redskins. Problems with those I might better understand, but complaining about the Kansas City Chiefs is completely pointless unless you really just like the sound of your own voice.

BroncoFan
08-01-2001, 04:29 PM
kcsmitty,

your not helping

TexN
08-01-2001, 04:30 PM
I think we should call them the "Injuns".

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by falstaff

The Browns are named after DOGS - not African Americans
uhhhh....wrong they are not named after DOGS, and I know there not named after African Americans, its called a joke

My post is not intended to stir up trouble or slander the your team in anyway.

The hell your not, and I'll ask again...are you Native American, or just trying to speak for someone else????

KS Smitty
08-01-2001, 04:31 PM
Thank you BroncoFan!

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 04:32 PM
By the way, as if it mattered, I have Cherokee blood flowing through my veins, as does my soon-to-be wife.

Neither one of us is offended by the team, nor do we see the Chiefs as racist in any way.

HC_Chief
08-01-2001, 04:32 PM
<i>My post is not intended to stir up trouble or slander the your team in anyway. I only hope to get the fans to realize that the team they support is racist</i>

Oh really? Is THAT why you came on here and labled an entire fan base racist?

piss-off troll

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 04:33 PM
falstaff,
Well I hate to do this, but I am getting tired of hearing the same stupid comment over and over again. First and foremost, I must say that...

YOU ARE A MORON!!!!

Since when has the word "Chief" been used as a derogatory term. How offended would an American Indian be if you called him something that he should be proud of, as opposed to a slang term that would insult a person from a particular race??? Why don't you THINK for more than 3 seconds before spouting of your unreasearched political garbage and offend people with your ignorance.

Thanks for completely wasting my time by actually having me read this rediculous post, and know now that everyone is actually DUMBER from haven taken your view point in to consideration.

falstaff
08-01-2001, 04:34 PM
YOU FOOLS!

The mere fact that you do not associate CHIEFS, ARROWHEAD, ETC with AMERICAN INDIANS is silly. Wake up to the racism, you breed! You cannot make this world a better place by supporting racism.

And to anwser many of your questions, NO, I am NOT and American Indian. But, as a member of the human race, I feel it is my duty to SUPPORT my fellow man, be he white, black, brown or blue! You 'fans' however tear down the walls of harmony by sterotyping an enitre race.

I would not be suprised to see the KC helmet replace with a white hood!!

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 04:35 PM
Just for the sake of free speech in an open forum, clarify how the Chiefs "...portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner." Please be specific.

The mascot is a wolf.
The Arrowhead is <B>proudly</B> emblazoned on the helmets.

In a genuine attempt to remain objective, I could understand how some people <I>may</I> be sensitive to the term "Redskins", but again I don't see Marty Schottenheimer doing anything desecrating American Indians concerning his team.

I will agree with you that for the last three years the path to <B>and from</B> Arrowhead has been a Trail of Tears.

...hoping the Tomahawk Chop returns to Arrowhead in full force this year...

hawaiianboy
08-01-2001, 04:36 PM
Every single year someone complains. Just watch, some PETA hump will eventually get on you guys for all that damn BBQ you put away.

Change the name to the KC Hawaiians in my honor, my people won't complain....

HC_Chief
<h1>PLEASE REFRAIN FROM FEEDING THE TROLLS</h1>

This as been a public service announcement.

Thanks. :)

bishop_74
He not a troll, he is an ignorant fool

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 04:37 PM
We never said we didn't associate Indians with the Chiefs, we just said that the word "Chiefs" is not derogatory. Go home dummy...

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 04:38 PM
Uhm, Falstaff, even if the terms are associated with American Indians, how are they racist? What's deragatory about any of the terms you mentioned?

Weak argument with weak logic by a weak-minded troll.

Go try this on a Redskins board, or a Braves board, or maybe even an Indians board. You clearly don't know enough about this franchise or its history to waste any more of our time.

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 04:40 PM
But, as a member of the human race, I feel it is my duty to SUPPORT my fellow man, be he white, black, brown or blue!

So this is "supporting your fellow man"???

Donate to charity, mentor a child, help the homeless...

Why dont you worry about your own ethinicity, I'm sure there are many underpriveliged trolls looking for help...

HC_Chief
08-01-2001, 04:42 PM
Think I'm gonna go whine on a Notre Dame bulletin board. How <i>dare</i> they depict Irishmen as little, orange-bearded, green-Leprechaun suit wearing, bar-fighting buffoons!

It's an OUTRAGE I tell you! An outrage!

boo hoo

boo hoo hoo hoo

Oh, how cruel the world is...

boo hoo hoo

:p

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 04:45 PM
There's this garage down the street that depicts a big fat guy in a plaid kilt playing bagpipes.

Bastards!

falstaff
08-01-2001, 04:46 PM
I suppose my goal of enlightning the Chiefs 'fans' to the racism they breed and spread has failed. The only response I recieve is either rejecting the FACT that the Cheifs are assoicated with American Indians, or being labeled a 'troll'.

This is not surprising. Apperently, it is not enough that the Chiefs fans sterotype and labe an entire race, they must sterotype and label anyone who is not in complete agreement with their views. Call me crazy, but I would call the above a clear definition of racism. I can hear the goosestepping toward Arrowhead as we speak.

splatbass
08-01-2001, 04:47 PM
I am partly of Cherokee/Choctaw ancestry, and I don't find the name "Chiefs" to be derogatory at all. I do find the name "Redskins" offensive. The dictionary defines it as "offensive slang", the same term it uses to describe the "N" word. Not all Indians agree, though. The Redskins have a lot of fans in the Eastern Band of Cherokee in North Carolina. In the end it is not something that I spend much time worrying about. It would be nice if the Redskins changed their name, but it's not going to happen, so lets move on.

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 04:47 PM
Oooh Ooooh! I shutter to think how offended I would be if they called a team the Rabbi's....

Man that smarts.

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 04:48 PM
Arrowhead stadium is in honor of Steve Martin's "arrow-thru-the-head" standup routine...don't you do any research????

going to far...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 04:49 PM
Chiefs are racists?

(yawn)...

Next...

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 04:49 PM
In order to "enlighten", shouldn't you have some ACCURATE information to offer to another party first???

BroncoFan
08-01-2001, 04:51 PM
squaw,

I think your aurgument might be more embarrassing for native americans than the way the chiefs play football. Although your intellectual prowess is giving the chiefs inability to win football games a run for its money.

HC_Chief
08-01-2001, 04:52 PM
Considering they're based out of D.C., they should change the name to Lying, Whoring, Thieving Bastages (LeWTBees) ;)

Mascot could be a depiction of a drunkin Ted Kennedy shoving a young woman's head under water while Clinton, Carter, Reagan and Nixon cheer him on (dollar bills over-flowing from out of their jackets)

Of course, some damn whiner would take offense and start some idiotic campaign... probably a few class action lawsuits... you KNOW there would be litigation. :rolleyes:

splatbass
By the way Falstaff, do you have any Native American blood? If not then I find your use of the term "Trail of Tears to Arrowhead" to be offensive. Some of my ancestors died on the Trail of Tears, and trivializing it for your own political purposes is offensive. If you want to really help Native Americans, maybe you should start protesting the BIA and it's policies, instead of a fine organization like the Kansas City Chiefs.

ExtremeChief
If you would take the time to actually read the posts you would see that most of us agree that the term "Chief" is associated with the American Indian...again, for the third or fourth time...how is this term derogatory??????

FWIW disagreeing with us does not make you a troll, being $hit stirring, non-listening, team bashing, non-researching, idiot does :D

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 04:53 PM
Apperently, it is not enough that the Chiefs fans sterotype and labe an entire race, they must sterotype and label anyone who is not in complete agreement with their views. Call me crazy, but I would call the above a clear definition of racism.

That, my Chiefs brethren, is called "irony". He stereotypes all of us and then condemns us out of hand for steroetyping others.

Pathetic.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 04:54 PM
Native Americans are an endangered species, we are trying to save the rain forest and all that jazz, but I see trees everyday. Now Native Americans......have you ever seen two at the same time? NO! It don't happen! Cuz they are endangered. Welp.......I think that settles it, we are a racist bunch, and I can no longer be a Chiefs fan. Well, I'm out of here I guess...and off to find a new team.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :p

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 04:55 PM
*In the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger*

"IT'S NOT A TUMOR!!!!"

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by HC_Chief
Think I'm gonna go whine on a Notre Dame bulletin board. How <i>dare</i> they depict Irishmen as little, orange-bearded, green-Leprechaun suit wearing, bar-fighting buffoons!

It's an OUTRAGE I tell you! An outrage!

boo hoo

boo hoo hoo hoo

Oh, how cruel the world is...

boo hoo hoo

Actually HC,

Their mascot is a short, bearded black man/leprechaun, those racist bastiges!!!!!!!

BTW, it's the funniest mascot out there, IMO.

splatbass
08-01-2001, 04:56 PM
". Now Native Americans......have you ever seen two at the same time? NO! It don't happen! Cuz they are endangered. "

This is just ridiculous Aturnis. I see more than two Indians together all the time (my wife and I).

HC_Chief
08-01-2001, 04:57 PM
Mi - he's a fine young Irishman ;)

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 04:58 PM
Stop dodging the issue and answer the questions.
You're the one who started this post. Instead of "engaging" us with rationale discussion, you squiggle and start labelling us as foolish, insensitive racists. That's why you've been branded a troll.

You're accusing us of stereotyping and labeling "anyone who is not in complete agreement with their views", but that's exactly what you're doing. Instead of the kettle calling pot black, the Indian is calling the Chiefs fan red.

For the last time, clarify how specifically the Chiefs portray American Indians in a demoralizing manner. Otherwise, expect the recipes to start flying.

You wouldn't happen to have your own website, would you?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 05:00 PM
In defense of falstaff...

I loved Dances With Wolves...

great movie.

:D ;)

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 05:01 PM
That guy is loooooong gone. He didn't have any facts to back up his argument, so he turned off his computer in frustration.

BTW Cody... that was classic ;)

Logical
08-01-2001, 05:02 PM
I suppose my goal of enlightning the Chiefs 'fans' to the racism they breed and spread has failed. The only response I recieve is either rejecting the FACT that the Cheifs are assoicated with American Indians, or being labeled a 'troll'.

This is not surprising. Apperently, it is not enough that the Chiefs fans sterotype and labe an entire race, they must sterotype and label anyone who is not in complete agreement with their views. Call me crazy, but I would call the above a clear definition of racism. I can hear the goosestepping toward Arrowhead as we speak.

I am amazed at your ignorance, cleary no one has said the Chiefs is not associated with Indians. They have stated it is a proud association not a negative slang. Arrowheads have no negativity, at least no more than Bullets, Cyclones, Hurricanes, or other damage inflicting items.

Your objection is based on a stultefied desire to placate a group that (at least by anything approaching a majority of its members) has not asked to be placated in regards to the term Chiefs or the name Arrowhead.

I suggest you grow up and take your rant elsewhere. Perhaps you will have more success with the Redskins which as has already been pointed out is defined as a negative slang.

falstaff
08-01-2001, 05:03 PM
"Native Americans are an endangered species, we are trying to save the rain forest and all that jazz, but I see trees everyday. Now Native Americans......have you ever seen two at the same time? NO! It don't happen! Cuz they are endangered. Welp.......I think that settles it, we are a racist bunch, and I can no longer be a Chiefs fan. Well, I'm out of here I guess...and off to find a new team"

This is my point exactly. The Cheifs fans are racists. I am NOT sterotyping the Cheifs fan base. But I am saying that supporting a racist organazation makes you a racist. If you support David Duke - you are a racist. If you support the Chiefs - YOU ARE A RACIST.

Take for example, the picture of 'Bishop' in the Photo Album - I am calling Bishop a racist due to the fact that he supports the Cheifs. The fact that he appears to be a neo-nazi is just coincidence.

WAKE UP TO THE HORROR THAT IS THE CHIEFS. PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY! You are condoning racism!!!

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:03 PM
You're probably right, but was hoping he'd post URL to his personal website...figure GannonStalker might be bored lately.

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 05:04 PM
WHAT IS YOUR ARGUMENT? WHERE DOES THE NEGATIVE CONOTATION OF THE WORD "CHIEF" LIE? Answer the question you dolt!

HC_Chief
08-01-2001, 05:05 PM
<i>WAKE UP TO THE HORROR THAT IS THE CHIEFS. </i>

Oohhhh, the hoarrrr ahhh!

The hoarrrrr ahhhhhhhh!

LMAO.

Down troll... sit... roll over... good troll.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 05:07 PM
And the home...of the........CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CG

:D

old_geezer
08-01-2001, 05:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 05:08 PM
Oh good lord, did he say I appeared to reflect neo-nazi tendencies? How by any definition do I fit that category? Geez, must be the tatoo. Man, this guy is about as hypocritical as he is ignorant.

Your right, I am racist, I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!! :P

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 05:10 PM
Take for example, the picture of 'Bishop' in the Photo Album - I am calling Bishop a racist due to the fact that he supports the Cheifs. The fact that he appears to be a neo-nazi is just coincidence.

[/B]

Congratulations, you just became the first post i've ever reported to a moderator! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

falstaff
08-01-2001, 05:12 PM
RACISTS:

The negative connotation of the Chiefs is that the 'Cheifs' are CLEARLY assoicated with American Indians.

If you saw 60,000 people dress up in black face and afro wigs prancing around the football field, would it be considered honoring the black community?? No, it would be considered racist.

Additionally, the Chiefs are assoicted as 'tribe' of violent players coming to Arrowhead Stadium to 'do battle'. Clearly, the Chiefs mascot is a negative association with the American Indian.

Moreover, American Indian groups have voiced their frustration, understandably, about the Cheifs:

"A Native American Speaker at a recent assembly expressed his feelings on the unfair treatment of Native Americans in the United States. He also declared that teams named after Native Americans, like Florida State Seminoles, Atlanta Braves, The Kansas City Chiefs, and many more were racist. Tuesday (9/ 21/99) "

You can deny these FACTS, but I beg you to consider them before you support the Chiefs any longer. I am not here to be labeled a 'troll' -- I am here to wake you minds to the clear racism associated with the Chiefs!

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 05:13 PM

Thanks MI

DaWolf
08-01-2001, 05:14 PM
This is a boring, boring discussion. Should the Nords be upset that a team is named Vikings? Should people in the medditeranian be upset that there are the Spartans? Hell, there is a team in Indiana, the Pendelton Heights HS Arabians, and as a person of middle eastern descent (I'm Iranian, not Arabian, but close enough), that certainly doesn't offend me, because when I think of the name, I think of all the good and cool stuff associated with the Arabian culture, not bad things. IMO, if a name is purely offensive, IE Pendelton Heights Camel Jockeys, then it becomes an issue. Everything else is a waste of time with people who are looking for something to gripe about...

5decadechiefsfan
08-01-2001, 05:14 PM
falstaff,
you made an *** of yourself several posts ago, and continue to make matters worse with each succesive post. Give it up, already.

HC_Chief
08-01-2001, 05:15 PM
Metro Sports is on right now. Jaycee Pearson and Rich Baldinger are the commentators (just an FYI)

Have you guys tried Pizza flavored Pringles chips? OMG, they are addictive! I'm gonna be a fat bastard if I don't quit pouring these things down my throat...

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:16 PM
Last chance to say something meaningful...

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 05:16 PM
RACISTS:

The negative connotation of the Chiefs is that the 'Cheifs' are CLEARLY assoicated with American Indians.

Ahhh, so "chiefs" is ok, but "cheifs" is racist. Gotcha.

Remember mo-ron, i before e, except after c.

This is your final English lesson for the day.

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 05:17 PM
I'm downing some Lay's KC Masterpiece BBQ chips right now, HC. Damn they're addictive too! I haven't tried those Pringles Pizza chips, but if they're anything like the rest of the Pringles varieties, I'd better stay away because I eat them a can at a time!

DaWolf

This statement applies ONLY if you believe that everything associated with Native Americans is negative...

bishop_74

-So what???

If you saw 60,000 people dress up in black face and afro wigs prancing around the football field, would it be considered honoring the black community?? No, it would be considered racist.

-The team members don't dress in American Indian attire to play football, what does this mean?

Additionally, the Chiefs are assoicted as 'tribe' of violent players coming to Arrowhead Stadium to 'do battle'. Clearly, the Chiefs mascot is a negative association with the American Indian.

- Since when was this association made. I know I didn't get a program at the last game, was it written in there?

"A Native American Speaker at a recent assembly expressed his feelings on the unfair treatment of Native Americans in the United States. He also declared that teams named after Native Americans, like Florida State Seminoles, Atlanta Braves, The Kansas City Chiefs, and many more were racist. Tuesday (9/ 21/99) "

-Good, if that guy said it... it MUST be true then.

You can deny these FACTS, but I beg you to consider them before you support the Chiefs any longer. I am not here to be labeled a 'troll' -- I am here to wake you minds to the clear racism associated with the Chiefs!

-Are you sure you didn't use to be a Johovas Witness, you should apply if you haven't all ready.

Honestly, if you want a bit of credibility, maybe you should take OUR viewpoint in to consideration before getting angry and calling us all Stereotypical.

Brock
08-01-2001, 05:18 PM
Where the hell did this clown come from?

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:20 PM
Glad you mentioned BBQ chips...reminds me that I've been wanting to ask Cody if he has a recipe for home-made Jalapeno Cheese Balls.
Do you plan on having these as appetizers at the rehearsal dinner or reception?

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 05:20 PM
The little bus, why?

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 05:22 PM
Dunno Warrior, the only "food" I have set in stone for that weekend is alcohol.

Lots and lots of alcohol.

Wake me up when it's over! :D

aturnis
08-01-2001, 05:24 PM
I hope you all know I am not racist but you falstaff, have just used my comment against us......

There are two reasons you should not take me seriously......

1) It is an outtake from one of Chris Rocks standup sets and was just said to make you realize how stupid this discussion is......I do believe there are still racist people out there, but most of them are almost dead already, believe me, my grandpa is a little on the bigit side......aside from "new-wave neo-nazis"(who are the most ignorant people in my opinion) and small town rednecks, there aren't too many. Any ways, the main point to that was.......the black community blames the white community of being racist, but as you see here, the black community can be racist too. Now, this is my point ANYONE can be racist, no matter their ethnicity, you too are racist in your ways even if its not too obvious. Maybe its not necasarilly racism, it could be stereotyping, which you have already been accused of and I agree.

2) If you didn't notice......I used :rolleyes: at the end of my post.....this interpretated as SCARCASM!

falstaff
08-01-2001, 05:27 PM
I see that instead of opening their eyes to racism, the Chiefs fans rely on petty insults to defend their evil, offensive organazation. It seems that rather than consider my arguments, Chiefs fans would rather point out a spelling mistake.

Ignorance breeds racism, my friends. Please, re-read and try to understand my arguments. Again, I am not insulting you, or your team, I am simply trying to help you to realize that the Chiefs organazation needs to be changed.

I am prepared to lead this BBS in a drive to change the Chiefs name, to a less demeaning moniker. Please join me.

I am mearly trying to promote racial harmony, yet I have been labeled, sterotyped, insulted and threatened. I hope you can all grow up, and heed my advice.

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 05:27 PM
You know what else is addictive?

Chex mix!

The home-made kind, I mean. Man, I make a batch of that stuff and it's like breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just love it.

Might have that at the reception.

Cody, what about those cheese balls?

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:29 PM
What's the best dip for BBQ chips?

DaWolf
08-01-2001, 05:30 PM
You stated that the name Chiefs is negative because it is "clearly associated with American Indians."

Do you wish to defend that racist statement or not?

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:30 PM
You have the floor! Cheeseballs!

falstaff
08-01-2001, 05:31 PM
DaWolf -

Please re-read my post in it's entirety. Do not take my comments out of context.

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 05:33 PM
Warrior, I've never eaten dip on BBQ chips, so I don't have an answer for that.

No, tortilla chips, that's another story. I love a bunch of different dips on those. Salsa, of course, and queso, but I really like french onion dip on them from time to time, too.

Hmm, I'll have to do some thinking on the BBQ chips, though. Don't know what would work on those.

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 05:34 PM

I am mearly trying to promote racial harmony, yet I have been labeled, sterotyped, insulted and threatened. I hope you can all grow up, and heed my advice.

Really? Who said:

Take for example to photo of 'Bishop' in the photo album. I am calling Bishop a racistdue to the fact that he supports the Cheifs. The fact that he appears to be a neo-nazi is just coincidence.

Contradict much? Maybe we should change your name to "Big Chief Stickemfootinmouth", or would that be racist as well?

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:34 PM
Do you just use Chex? Or do you add stuff in like pretzels and peanuts.
I knew a guy once that put raisins in his Chex mix; after that, everyone brought their own snacks to his parties.

W_T
08-01-2001, 05:35 PM
My Great Grandmother was a full blooded Native American Indian, which leaves me only 1/8th Indian blood. My Indian ancestors walked the trail of tears. I'm a Chief fan & damn proud of it. Falstaff go f<^> yourself.

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 05:36 PM
falstaff,
Why can't you just open your eyes a bit. Or how about at least defending your viewpoint with some credence. Listen to what you are saying. I will sum it up for you

"The Chiefs are racist because they are associated with American Indians"

That to me is not offensive. At least tell us why you are offended by this. I won't pick on you any more as long as you can give a little bit more than

"I am right and you are wrong because I said so..."

That doesn't work very well here.

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:37 PM
I agree on the BBQ chips...they are truly a stand-alone, especially KC Masterpiece.
Tortilla chips are good with just about anything...queso, salsa (hot!), bean dip. Shoot, I even like seafood dip on tortilla chips. But they have to be just plain tortilla chips, not the Nacho or Ranch kind.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 05:37 PM
Bishop is right........about the whole Jahova thing........you remind me a lot of them. They can never seem to convert people either yet ignorantly assume the people will 'join' them. Ignorance.....will they ever find a cure?

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 05:38 PM
Warrior, I like to put a few different things in my chex mix.

Wheat, Rice and Corn Chex (sometimes leave out the wheat)
Fancy Mixed nuts (no peanuts, just the good stuff)
pretzel sticks
bugles (tried them once and love them in the mix...)
goldfish of various cheese flavors (the very best thing IMHO)
Cheerios

No raisins.

falstaff
08-01-2001, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Mi_chief_fan

Really? Who said:

Contradict much? Maybe we should change your name to "Big Chief Stickemfootinmouth", or would that be racist as well?

Again, you are taking my post out of context. I consider you ALL racists because you support a clearly racist organazation. AGAIN, if you support David Duke, the KKK, etc you are racist. If you support the KC Chiefs, you are RACIST. Wake up and smell the coffee, bigots!

And, if you care to discuss snacks, please start a new thread and reserve this thread for serious discussions. If you do not have any construcive comments, than please refrain from posting.

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:41 PM
Fancy mixed nuts? I'd go for that, as long as I picked out the Hazelnuts. Can't stand hazelnuts. When I was stationed in Germany, the bakeries would put hazelnuts in all the pastries. Needless to say, I sure didn't gain any extra pounds.

bishop_74

Again, you are taking my post out of context. I consider you ALL racists because you support a clearly racist organazation. AGAIN, if you support David Duke, the KKK, etc you are racist. If you support the KC Chiefs, you are RACIST. Wake up and smell the coffee, bigots!

And, if you care to discuss snacks, please start a new thread and reserve this thread for serious discussions. If you do not have any construcive comments, than please refrain from posting.

So your saying no matter what, by definition, because YOU say so, if we are Chief fans, we are racist bigots? Good argument NAZI.

Chiefs Pantalones
LOL! guys!

You know what is also good besides my cheese balls, er, I mean, besides cheesballs, wait a minute...:eek: :D

Anyway, those Jalepeno cheese 3Ds doritos are off the hizal!

I think 58forever recommended them to me last January.

CG

they're good;)

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 05:42 PM
Oh, I see. Well genius, here's your chance to put 'I'm calling Bishop a racist' and 'the fact that he resembles a neo-nazi' into the proper perspective.

Pleasee. Humor us a little more.

BTW, you cut the middle part of the quote out, the one where you called Bishop a neo-nazi. Or is that just putting it into the right 'context'?

aturnis
08-01-2001, 05:42 PM
I don't know who Dave Duke is..........but I do support Luke and Bo Duke, they are studs. And Daisy! WOWSA!

Bishop is right, where is the mockery of the native american heritage in being associated with them?

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 05:43 PM
It'll probably make me look effeminate, but what the hell - another thing I love to do is bake cookies. Man I love homemade chocolate chip cookies, and I make them better than any others I've tasted so far (sorry mom).

Warrior, sometimes I just leave the nuts out of the chex mix. Depends on the mood at the time. Sometimes it's just corn/rice chex, pretzels and goldfish. Minimalist chex mix.

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:44 PM
'Bout time!
So......58Forever is the conneisseur of Cheese Balls. And all this time I thought you were the Subject Matter Expert on Cheese Balls.

I wish to hear more about these Nacho 3Ds; absolutely fascinating stuff.

BIG_DADDY
08-01-2001, 05:44 PM
This thread is beyond ludicrous. He won't even answer if he is Native American and if so how the title Chiefs could be considered derogatory.

Falonyourstaff,

There is a liberal cesspool for you post your pointless threads here. www.pigskinpark.com Go to the pen. There will be someone you can relate to there called Thomas. As a matter of fact there are 3 or 4 people there you can probably circle jerk with.

BIG DADDY

Just glad the planet is back up.

falstaff
08-01-2001, 05:45 PM
For the last time:

1) KC Chiefs are clearly assoicated with American Indians
2) A mascot based on a race is wrong. Additionally, if it WERE acceptable a more pollitically correct name is to be expected
3) American Indians ARE offended, see prior post
4) Football is assoicated with violence and battle, which is not wrong, but racial sterotypes of Indians are associated with similar images. The Chiefs simply support and maintain a negative sterotype of American Indians

Need I say more? The Cheifs are an offensive, racial organazation.

Again, I will be glad to chair a committie to change the Chiefs name to something more civilized. Please consider this opportuniy.

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 05:45 PM
Go get 'em, BIG_DADDY!!!

BTW, you own guns, so you're obviously a racist.

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:46 PM
No one think you effeminate on this BB (unless you wear the men's lingerie that she was talking about on TOBB).

Cookies are awesome; unless they have hazelnuts in them.

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 05:47 PM
Falstaff,

Here is why you are being considered a troll...

You will not answer direct questions:
What is DEROGATORY about the name "Chiefs"

mere association alone does not make something offensive. We have said that we agree that Redskins is offensive as is the logo for the Braves. Yet you continue to rant.

You do not read post entirely or only remember what you want to hear.
Clearly, the Chiefs mascot is a negative association with the American Indian.

for the second time, the Chiefs mascot is a WOLF , how is a wolf derogatory to American Indians????

lastly, you are not a Native American, so you have absolutely no right to *****. Either engage in a discussion, without calling all chiefs fans racists, or get your index cards ready, cause the recipies are coming up

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 05:48 PM
Your right guys, this guy won't even answer our simplest of questions. He doesn't have the answers to his own insecurities. I am kind of dissapointed, I thought we might be able to lure him in to an introspective conversation, but unfortunately, he is too closed minded to answer my 1 question

Why are the Chiefs are racist because they are associated with American Indians?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 05:49 PM
No Warrior,

You misunderstood me, I was the one who found out about cheeseballs, 58forever told me about jalepeno cheese dorito 3Ds.

CG

just shoring that up:D

DaWolf
08-01-2001, 05:49 PM
Here's the rest of your post:

There are two points here. First, the vast majority of people in the stadium are not dressed in mock-Indian headgear. If that action is offensive, then it is the action by the person that is offensive, nothing more and nothing less. Second, as I stated, there is a team named Arabians. If that involves some dude in a turban riding around on a horse swinging around a curved sword, who cares. If it involves some dude with bombs strapped on to him running around, then that is cause for concern.

Again, this goes back to the mindset behind the first statement. You are trying to associate the name with anything negative about Native Americans that comes in your mind. That is a pathetic mindset to take. EVERY NFL team does what the Chiefs do, so in essence if we associate the action with the nicname, every NFL team is doing something offensive in relation to their particular nicname, be it associated with a person, animal, or thing. Also, the Chiefs "mascot" is a Wolf, not an Indian, so I don't see how that is negative.

Moreover, American Indian groups have voiced their frustration, understandably, about the Cheifs:

These are opinions of a few people. I have spoken to many Native Americans who could care less. If you take the opinions of some people as being fact, then hey, whatever gets you by. I would like to know the exact reasons in specific relation to the Kansas City Chiefs that the speaker above finds the name negative.

So again, if you believe "Chiefs" is rasist just because it is related to Native Americans in a way, then in my opinion that is rasist thinking in itself, because to make that assumption you would have to assume that everything related to Native Americans is negative...

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 05:50 PM
Sparta and Troy were ancient cities in Greece. Therefore, all mascots nicknamed 'Spartans' and 'Trojans' are racist to greek Americans.

The Cavaliers fought against the Roundheads in England; therefore, it's racist to English-Americans when sports teams are nicknamed 'Cavaliers'.

'Patriots' are negative stereotypes of colonial Americans. It's racist. It should be banned.

falstaff
08-01-2001, 05:50 PM
RASICTS!!!

Please read my posts! I have anwsered CLEARLY the reasons that the Chiefs are a racist organazation!

Additionally, I dont NOT have to be a American Indian to be offended or oppose racism.

What would that make Abe Lincoln?

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 05:51 PM
Seem to be having trouble staying on topic here (especially with Big Daddy's hilarious post).

I don't know what they're called, but do you ever bake any of those cookies that have oatmeal, coconut, chocolate, and nuts (NOT hazelnuts!)? My favorite.

aturnis
1) KC Chiefs are clearly assoicated with American Indians
2) A mascot based on a race is wrong. Additionally, if it WERE acceptable a more pollitically correct name is to be expected
3) American Indians ARE offended, see prior post
4) Football is assoicated with violence and battle, which is not wrong, but racial sterotypes of Indians are associated with similar images. The Chiefs simply support and maintain a negative sterotype of American Indians

Arguements:

1) What is wrong with that?!?! Pennican beef jerky is too....go b!tch at them.
2) How is a Wolf mascot based on a race?
3) American Indians! your making yourself a mass group here, I know SOME American Indians are offended......but not ALL!
4) What exactly is the NEGATIVE stereotype we are exuding? I see none.

Dictionary Definition:

Falstaff - Ignorant man looking to blame everyone but himself for his problems.

Chiefs Pantalones
Kyle and Warrior, or anyone else that knows?...,

The only cookies I like (love) are chocolate chip cookies. I do not like peanut butter, sugar, oatmeal, or any other cookie. Only chocolate chip cookies. So, does that make me racist against other cookies?

CG

I hope I'm not:(

;) :D

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 05:53 PM
I second the nomination of falstaff for chair.

now go hold a meeting or something.

committee of one, the best kind.

1) Chiefs are not clearly associated with American Indians. If ignorance is bliss, you're a happy happy guy...

2) The mascot is a wolf. What's your point?

3) No, that says ONE American Indian is offended, not all of them.

4) The Chiefs are, once again, named after a Kansas City politician who's nickname was "the Chief". The arrowhead logo is the only logo for the team that could be even loosely interpreted as representative of American Indian heritage, and as so many other posters have asked, how is it derogatory or fraudulant. Have not millions of arrowheads similar to that one been unearthed throughout the Americas?

You certainly like the sound of your own voice. Too mad you don't have anything meaningful to say.

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 05:53 PM
RASICTS!!!

Please read my posts! I have anwsered CLEARLY the reasons that the Chiefs are a racist organazation!

Additionally, I dont NOT have to be a American Indian to be offended or oppose racism.

What would that make Abe Lincoln?

Are you comparing NFL fans to slave owners that Lincoln opposed? What's the connection?

Why waste my time: you've already been reported, it's just a matter of time before you're terminated anyway......

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 05:54 PM
again...

What is DEROGATORY about the name "Chiefs"

answer a direct question troll...

do you not understand the definition of derogatory????

falstaff
08-01-2001, 05:56 PM
Who will join with me to form a committe to change the name of the Chiefs?

A true KC fan would want the best for his or her team. Are you not true fans?

Additionally, the Chiefs will not post a winning record this year. Yet, by changing the franchise name, you can have something to be proud.....Just think, there will be no more shame in admitting you are a KC fan.

Warrior5
Doggone it! Then clue us in on Cheeseballs! Pay attention here; this is important.
They may start selling those things at Arrow, er...the pro football stadium in Kansas City, and we need to be an informed audience, you know; nutritional value, calories, fat content, etc. And if they plan on charging an arm and a leg for them, I want to know if it's a worthwhile investment for me to stock up and BYOCB (bring your own Cheeseballs).
Shoot...Keg is seriously considering having these things at his wedding reception. Weddings are depending on this vital info.
We're all ears.

keg in kc
No, I don't think I've baked any of those Warrior. I'm not baking much lately because I'm trying to get back into shape (no chex either)...

Cody, you need some cookie sensitivity training. Share the love and open yourself to cookies of every taste and creed!

Vindicator
Hey, I'm stuck out here in Vegas and all this chex mix and cheese balls is really making me hungry. Is there any way to get a good old fashioned Kansas City Steak way out here in the boonies?

:cool: :cool:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 05:57 PM
BTW, I was serious about only liking chocolate chip cookies.

CG

dang they're good

aturnis
08-01-2001, 05:57 PM
OK, ExtremeChiefs question in lamens terms for your FAL.......

What is NAUGHTY about the name Chiefs?

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 05:59 PM
Cody, my perfect "meal" is a big bowl of chex mix. Then dessert consists of a glass of milk (fer dippin') and as many chocolate chip cookies as I can eat. ;)

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 05:59 PM
I like turkey and hot pepper cheese sandwiches. Add some oregano, lettuce, and mayo and "BAM" thats gooooddd eating.... top it off with some Chicken on a Biscuit crackers with Bacon/Cheddar cheese in a can and you've got a meal the whole family can enjoy!!!

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:00 PM
You can order Fiorella's Jackstack BBQon the internet...they deliver nationwide.
I recommend short ends and burnt ends, and they have killer onion rings! They even offer overnight delivery.

aturnis
OK, not wanting to change a name make us not true fans? I think I am a true fan cuz I want to beat the living Sh!t outta you......

Are you not proud of your herritage? That you want everything associated with it abolished?

keg in kc
Wow, I've put off mowing the lawn for two hours.

Kyle G, master of procrastination.

Better get to it.

Everyone remember the Ravens show on at 10 on HBO.

DaWolf
08-01-2001, 06:01 PM
I wonder, is Sioux City, Iowa considered a racist name?

falstaff
08-01-2001, 06:02 PM
I cannot believe that I am being THREATNED to be booted from Cheifs Planet! I have not violated ANY rules. Additionaly, I am posting honest, intelligent and open thoughts.

If I am banished for thinking differently than the Chiefs Planet Masses - it is a true shame. For this not only constitutes RACISM but rings of pre-war Germany. I suppose you also plan to burn any books that dop not fall in line with Chiefs Planet rhetoric.

I was hoping to enlighten some people and possibly spark some intelligent conversation. I was greeted with insults, threats and recipies. Apperently Chiefs fans are not only racist, but ignorant as well.

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 06:03 PM
I will join you flagstaff... TAKE ME AWAY FROM THIS DEVIANT LIFE THAT I AM LEADING!!!

You have convinced me to change my logical ways to your more primitive one sided views. Thank you for converting me oh stuborn one.

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:03 PM
Outstanding sandwich! I also like pepperjack cheese on my turkey sandwiches, with a few slices of avocado and some mayonnaisse.
Top it off with some of Keg's chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of milk, and man, you're set. Afterwards, just munch on some of Chex mix (no hazelnuts) and watch a ball game.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:04 PM
Warrior,

The only thing I can tell you about them is that they are made by Planters and they have regular, sour cream, or jalepeno. They come in a large or medium tube er can thing.

I eat one can for breakfast, one for lunch, and then a sensible dinner.

DaWolf
08-01-2001, 06:04 PM
You still haven't explained your own racist thinking in this matter...

Zebedee DuBois
08-01-2001, 06:05 PM
Why does he keep refering to Germans in a negative way? That kinda hurts my feelings.

Zeb,
trying out being overly sensitive and whiney.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 06:06 PM
I will no longer watch the Sopranos for it is derogetory to the gringos!(not tending to be offensive.......just feeding the troll) DUH, not everything associated with a ethnic group must be bad.

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 06:06 PM
Gosh, if I was a monkey, I would be offended by this guy.

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:07 PM
Down in Kuwait, MREs got old real quick. I had my wife send me a care package of smoked oysters and Keebler crackers. We'd sit out on our tanks, crack open the canned oysters, put a little Tobasco sauce on them, and eat 'em with the crackers. Man was that good.
The down side was that after eating that stuff for a few days, it got pretty rank inside that tank!

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 06:08 PM
Warrior5,

I'll have to try the avacado, maybe Kyle can bring me some cookies to the foundation meeting!!! Is hot pepper cheese and pepperjack the same thing????

needing cheese assistance...

HC_Chief
Duuude - rank oyster cans inside a tank... in the dessert? Blecch!

Chiefs Pantalones
Kyle,

Thats me too. I love milk n' cookies!

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 06:10 PM
You've insulted all of us.

Repeatedly.

You've stereotyped all of us.

Repeatedly.

You refuse to listen to anything that anyone says to you, hence the recipes and off-topic discussion.

You are, by definition, a "troll" and you've lasted a hell of a lot longer than most of those who choose to show up on this board, so you are to be commended for that, I guess. You don't have anything to say, you're just here to stir the pot, and that's fine in some places, but not here. Here you show respect, you listen as well as talk, and above all you behave in a civil manner or you won't be here any more.

You've had your chance and you showed us all your a$$.

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I think the pepperjack and hot pepper cheese is one in the same. You gotta try the avocado!
I'm not too up on the cheese thing...was hoping CODY would enlighten us. Maybe he's typing up a <B>lengthy</B> analysis as we speak.

DaWolf
08-01-2001, 06:11 PM
Dudes (and sorry if that offended any surfers out there) you guys are getting me hungry. I'm gonna go grab a bite to eat... :)

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 06:12 PM
Did you make biscuits and gravy this morning and have some biscuits leftover??? Are you wondering "Whatever will I do with these darn leftover biscuits???" "Maybe I could let them dry and use them for coasters!" Well, have no fear, Van has a plan for you dear!!

Cut biscuits in half, butter them, add garlic powder or salt and cheese...bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. EAT

doing my part to help the biscuit/gravy ratio problem...

Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but buns come in packages of 8????

searching for the closest common denominator...

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 06:13 PM
Man, all this chocolate cookie and chex mix talk and I'm just going nuts for the stuff now.

I'm gonna go mow the lawn and try to think about chicken, fruit and vegetables for an hour and a half to offset the junk food cravings.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 06:13 PM
Falstaff, this board is to talk about Chiefs Football, not whether or not the name is racial, or the mascot(how does a wolf mock Indians? Is this b/c you are associated with them while dancing with them?)crazy **** ya'll.....

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:14 PM
falstaff,

Whats your favorite food?

Brock
This topic is offensive to me. Please remove it.

Warrior5
Get the Turkey sandwich with pepperjack, mayonnaisse, oregano, lettuce, and a few slices of avocado. You won't regret it! If you have some nuts with it, try to avoid hazelnuts. I'd recommend the oysters with tobasco on crackers as an appetizer, too.
Just don't spend the next week in a tank with three other guys in the middle of the Kuwaiti desert.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:15 PM
Actually,

I could go for a chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard from Dairy Queen right about now!

falstaff, do you like chocolate chip cookie dough blizzards from DQ?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:16 PM
or do they offend cows?

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:17 PM
Great idea for those biscuits! Have to tell my wife about that. One question though, and very important:

what <B>kind</B> of cheese do you put on the biscuits?

If it's pepperjack, I'm all for it.

falstaff
08-01-2001, 06:19 PM
Snack Munchers -

Please grow up. If you can not handle the truth, please do not post your idiotic recipies. YOU are the ones that will be kicked off the site.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 06:20 PM
Now I'm tempted to make the mile long journey to DQ to get myself a chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard!!!

Brock
08-01-2001, 06:21 PM
Kicked off by whom?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:21 PM
Do you like DQ, falstaff?

And for the record, whats your favorite team?

aturnis
08-01-2001, 06:24 PM
Oh no.....I'm gonna get kicked off the site for posting my favorite food! Guys, I think our good friend Kyle will turn against us long time users to help out the trouble maker on this site!

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:24 PM
The truth is this:

I don't like hazelnuts.

I like pepperjack cheese and avocado on my turkey sandwiches.

I don't like raisins in my Chex mix.

I really enjoy smoked oysters with tobasco sauce on Keebler crackers.

Jackstack BBQ has great onion rings and short ends.

Seafood dip is great on tortilla chips (but only the plain ones).

And finally, we're all waiting for Cody to post the nutritional value of Jalapeno Cheese Balls.

Would you like to try one of Keg's chocolate chip cookies, Mr. Falstaff?

Vindicator
08-01-2001, 06:25 PM
God, there it is. I see it! Wow and Thanks. Now if I could just save enough to order. BTW, I love Onion Rings. AHHHHHhhhh. Now I'm really hungry. What kind of cheese do ya figure I should have with my BBQ?

ExtremeChief
warrior,

normally I use Velveeta or American... haven't tried pepperjack, does it melt very well??? I've heard Velveeta melts bedda than chedda, but I don't know if it becomes slack better than jack. Can't miss with swiss???? That cheese is Gouda!!! Blue Cheese if you please!! I think I oughta go with Ricotta!! If you want a big seller, put on Mozzerella!!!

what the hell rhymes with Parmesean???

Chiefs Pantalones
aturnis,

its fo rizal. they are delizal wizal a capizal Dizal...

you fizal?

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 06:26 PM
Hey Cody, I LOVE DQ. M&M Blizzards are the best!

aturnis
08-01-2001, 06:28 PM
Whoa Warrior! The truth hurts man, the truth hurts........

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:28 PM
Those are fo rizal tizal Kyzal!

CG

ok, I stop speaking in Snoop Dog language:D

Zebedee DuBois
08-01-2001, 06:29 PM
I like to eat hot (spicy) dishes sometimes. Mexican, Chinese, or Indian.

I was wondering.... are there any hot (spicy) Italian dishes? I cannot think of any off-hand. Lots of garlic and oregano.. but not peppers.

Can anyone recommend a spicy Italian dish?

falstaff
For the record, I DO like Dariy Queen. And, I do not follow NFL football. I believe all pofesssional sports are rigged. I follow college football and root for the U of Texas.

This does not change the fact that the Chiefs are a racist organazation! No one has responded to rectify the Chiefs' wrongs!

aturnis
SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP DOG!
SMOKE TIL YOUR EYES GET CATORACTS......
SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP DOG!

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 06:31 PM
Zeb, I had a good spicy dinner the other night in a KC Thai restaurant. They let you pick the spiciness of the dish, anything from no stars (normal) to five stars (your face melts). I had three stars and it was go-od. Didn't make the tears fall, but it did put a little tingle on the lips.

Warrior5
Have I ever mentioned that I'm partial to pepperjack cheese? Try it with your BBQ. Just the right blend of jalapeno peppers mixed in with Monterrey Jack cheese. Great on the onion rings, too.
Hey if you have a birthday coming up, tell your wife. It's really not too expensive, and it's certainly worth it.

Extreme: it melts just fine, although it won't be as smooth as Velveeta due to the small bits of chopped up Jalapeno pepper in it.

Brock
I believe U of T to be clearly anti-bovine. Their demeaning of helpless livestock must stop!

aturnis
ARE YOU DISSING PROFESSIONAL SOCCER?!?!?!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:32 PM
falstaff,

Great! We have made progress! Now...exactly when did you first realize you did not like professional sports? Realize they were rigged?

And what do you like at DQ?

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Zebedee DuBois

Can anyone recommend a spicy Italian dish?

Marissa Tomei

falstaff
You are all skirting the issue because you KNOW IT TO BE TRUE - THE CHIEFS ARE RACIST!

Please, join with me in protesting the Chief's racist affillation!

Logical
I cannot believe that I am being THREATNED to be booted from Cheifs Planet! I have not violated ANY rules. Additionaly, I am posting honest, intelligent and open thoughts.

If I am banished for thinking differently than the Chiefs Planet Masses - it is a true shame. For this not only constitutes RACISM but rings of pre-war Germany. I suppose you also plan to burn any books that dop not fall in line with Chiefs Planet rhetoric.

I was hoping to enlighten some people and possibly spark some intelligent conversation. I was greeted with insults, threats and recipies. Apperently Chiefs fans are not only racist, but ignorant as well.

Well I certainly am missing the intelligence. I am also missing respectful responses to legitimate questions. I am seeing you basically characterizing someones looks as neo-nazi. I see someone classifying every single Chiefs fan a racist (a bozo labeling 100s of thousand people racist is not likely to endear someone as a non-troll). A person who believes they are more enlighted than 100s of thousand steps way beyond ignorance and arrogance. A fool who would compare the discussion here to anything related to pre-war Germany lacks integrity and is asking to be ignored. Finally the person does not understand the difference between people showing disapproval by ignoring him and discussing food and then labels them the ones who are ignorant.

Let me make one thing clear, if you are not removed you go on my ignore list. You will be only the second person ever, and that pretty much sums up my opinion of you and the tripe you post.

I suggest finding another BB where someone gives a damn about your diatribe. I doubt that even Thomas or Donald at the Pen will be there for you so please skip that BB as well.

You are the weakest link! Goodbye!!! :o

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:34 PM
I see you're partial to spicy foods. I've always wondered what curry is made of?

aturnis
08-01-2001, 06:35 PM
"This does not change the fact that the Chiefs are a racist organazation! No one has responded to rectify the Chiefs' wrongs!"

Has anyone posted to VARIFY the Chiefs wrongs? I haven't read a post yet pointing out one single wrong.......

and again Falstaff.......ARE YOU DISSING PROFESSIONAL SOCCER?!?!

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 06:36 PM
We've responded numerous times Falstaff. You have a complete misperception of the team and refuse to acknowledge it, so there's no point in talking about it any more. There's absolutely NOTHING about this team that could be even loosely construed as derogatory towards the American Indian. I have at least 4 posts on this thread which explain why, after which point I decided there was no point in continuing the discussion because you won't listen to anything that anyone says. There are countless other threads which also explain why, such as why the team is named "Chiefs" in the first place but you simply refuse to listen. You have your preconceived notion, and that's that.

I'm not going to waste my time with you any more. I'd rather have a meaningful discussion, such as one about food.

Zebedee DuBois
08-01-2001, 06:37 PM
Keg. Thai sounds great. Lately, I looove Indian food. I had some spicy soup that caused my sinuses to melt. It was a little embarrasing because I was swiping everyones napkins to hold the flow. That was a little to hot for me.

ExtremeChief

Could you describe Marissa Tomei for me. I don't recall seeing that on a menu around Wichita.

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:38 PM
Jalapeno cheese and food at Arr, er...the footbal stadium, let me revive a question almost as old as footbal itself:

Are they gonna sell Jalapeno Cheese Poppers this year?

What are your thoughts?

keg in kc
Hah, "weakest link" - good one, Jim! :)

Damn, I keep saying I'm going to mow, and I keep not doing it. Gonna be dark soon if I don't get my a$$ in gear.

Brock
C'mon people now - smile on your brother, try to love one another right now! Share a coke and a smile! You bunch of A-holes!

Zebedee DuBois
08-01-2001, 06:40 PM
Warrier5
I am pretty sure that curry is a blend of other spices.... so not all curry is equal. Some is hotter than others. I do not know which spices... maybe I'll go look for the mix on the net somewhere.

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 06:41 PM
Marissa Tomei is a spicy italian dish best served with white wine. This dish is best served hot, and, if served correctly, can have quite a kick. While I have always thought this dish would be best eaten with whipped cream on top, I haven't had the chance to try that yet.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 06:41 PM
A meaningful discussion such as one of food........

mmmmmmmm food, is there anything a man likes more?!?!(excluding women)

keg in kc
08-01-2001, 06:42 PM
Hey, before I go, I'll share a good spice recipe with all of you.

BAM!!!

It's Emeril's Essence, aka "Bayou Blast"

Good, good stuff! I made it finally, and I've been puttin' it on everything...

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:43 PM
falstaff,

Describe to us what it is you don't like about professional sports? And what it is you like about DQ?

Warrior5
You need to get your priorities straight! That lawn will still be there tomorrow, and besides, it's too doggone hot outside for that crap.
You have more important matters to attend to here; namely, the continued discussion of culinary prowess possessed by our fellow board members.
Besides, Vindicator has clearly stated that due to financial hardship, he won't ever be able to enjoy Jackstack BBQ. I was hoping that in the spirit of comraderie, you might offer to do a bakesale or something in his name.

Zebedee DuBois
Extreme Chief..

Doh! I was totally focused on food.

Mucho embarrassed.

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 06:44 PM
KEG,

I have to say I prefer the name Bayou Blast to "Emeril's Essence"

BAM!!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:44 PM
falstaff,

If you are a fan of Texas, does that mean you like boy cows more than girl cows? Is that racist?

Explain?

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 06:45 PM
just realized how well my bio line fits this discussion!!!!

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:46 PM
Does it go good on BBQ? Sounds like it would "kick it up a notch"!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:47 PM
And how did you feel when you were writing/thinking about this topic before you posted it? Were you mad? Sad?

CG

falstaff
08-01-2001, 06:47 PM
<b>

Sadly, it has become clear that Chiefs fans are comfortable with their racism. The vast majority of the responses have been either insulting or threatening. Additionally, some people are choosing to ignore their support of a racist organization by posting about food. Clearly, few if any of you care about the American Indians and the injustice that the Chiefs organization is creating.

It has become obvious that Chiefs fans, the supporters of a historically, mediocre team, are not only shallow, but ignorant as well. Clearly, their anger and frustration in their pathetic excuse for a NFL franchise has been channeled into hate. Hate and bigotry directed to American Indians.

You may insult me, you may mock me, but you mock what you do not understand. I only hope for your sake, you one day wake up to the racist conspiracy that plagues the Chiefs organization.

If you choose to kick me off, because you are afraid to confront your worst fears, which deep-down you know to be true, I will understand. Less intelligent people tend lash out in ways that display power.

Please know that I will pray for your racist souls as you are sent to the cold bowels of Hell.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:49 PM
My God falstaff!

You have hurt our feelings!

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 06:49 PM

Please know that I will pray for your racist souls as you are sent to the cold bowels of Hell.

I thought Hell was supposed to be hot!!!

Logical
08-01-2001, 06:53 PM
Snack Munchers -

Please grow up. If you can not handle the truth, please do not post your idiotic recipies. YOU are the ones that will be kicked off the site.

Has anyone noticed that this non-snack muncher has been on since July 27th and posted 115 times. An average of over 22.40 posts a day according to BB statistics. Sounds like a person who should be introduced to all the old recipes for troll.

I would start with the slow roasted troll recipe. It was first introduced on the old Star BB.

You start with a ripe troll but one that has not quite turned (oooh turned troll smells very very bad, remember if your troll has turned it must be sauted in onions and vinegar to reduce that horrible pungent odor they give off prior to roasting). Remember to stuff your troll as their head is hollow and is useful for a fine troll stuffing. Be sure to thoroughly gut them as it is well known they are always full of Sh1t. A troll has no brain so forget about sweetbreads. Finally it is well known that they are 99% @sshole so throw everything away but their Small Johnson and the cranial cavity for cooking the stuffing, because of both items small size dinner will not satisfy a small child. Do not worry about the chance of the troll going extinct because of their miniscule johnson size they would not have been able to reproduce anyway, and who would of wanted them to? After slow roasting it will make a fine cocktail weenie with a dogfood like stuffing to be served to a small family pet.

Thats my recipe any others!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 06:55 PM
LOL! Jim!:D :D

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:56 PM
You really need to stay on topic. Do you have trouble paying attention in school or studying? Get with the program; you have easily over a hundred people here waiting on your comments concerning cheese, chips, and poppers.

Vindicator is starving to death in Nevada.

Keg keeps trying to mow his lawn while boll weevils are trying eat up the last of his Bayou Blast.

Marissa Tomei is trying to keep the wine chilled.

Dairy Queen is closing in 10 minutes.

We're all waiting on you, and you keep straying off topic, talking about Texas cows and girls!

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 06:58 PM
I bet that recipe would go great with some Bayou Blast spice and some pepperjack cheese!

Just don't put any hazelnuts in the stuffing (but oysters would be fine).

Logical
08-01-2001, 07:01 PM
Warrior,

Thanks and an excellent point I am always looking for ways to improve my slow roasted troll recipe.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 07:02 PM
You still haven't responded on your thoughts of professional soccer........and professional soccer players alike........

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 07:03 PM
aturnis,

They're all racists!!!!!!:D

Zebedee DuBois
08-01-2001, 07:06 PM
Sorry Logical,
I was getting hungry up until your recipe.

But, I found this site, and started salivating all over again!!

http://www.curry-design.com/recipes%20/countries.html

enjoy!

Warrior5
An interesting side note...
My affinity for turkey sandwiches with avocado began at a small sandwich shop right on Mission Beach about 25 years ago. I'd hit the beach every day I could, and this shop made the <B>best</B> sandwiches...really hit the spot after a few hours of body surfing.
Just thought I'd share that with a San Diegan.

falstaff
Evidence:

As an ethnic group, Native Americans were once America's most visible minority. They were always seen in movies and on TV, and before that, on coins and in the form of wooden cigar store indians. They have become a bit less visible in recent years, and <b>would prefer to see the remaining icons disappear. Indian nicknames (i.e., Redskins, Braves, Indians) are frequently used for athletic teams. No other ethnic group in America is used as a mascot. </b>You may remember the flap over the Atlanta baseball team and the "tomahawk chop" which Native Americans saw as a demeaning and mocking gesture. In addition, Native Americans are widely used as logos for several major U.S. corporations (e.g., Butter, Tires, Carpeting, Automobiles), all without adequate consideration for their intellectual and cultural property rights. Their symbols, arts, and crafts have been widely counterfeited, and were one of the first to be replaced by "Made in Taiwan" items. Cowboy and Indian toys are still some of the best-selling items in toy stores.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 07:08 PM
So you're a toy salesman?

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 07:10 PM
and would prefer to see the remaining icons disappear. Indian nicknames (i.e., Redskins, Braves, Indians) are frequently used for athletic teams. No other ethnic group in America is used as a mascot.

hmmm.... no mention of Chiefs...ok, well go ahead and stick with the wolf we have as a mascot.

thanks for the "evidence"

aturnis
08-01-2001, 07:11 PM
CODY! HAHA

TOYES SALESMAN HEHEHE

HA!

One of those rare occasions when you can type LOL after really laughing out loud!

Logical
08-01-2001, 07:11 PM
Warrior makes me want to check out sandwich shops on Mission Beach but my waistline prevents it. It sure was nice being young and just eating when you liked something. Just in case it might still be there do you remember the places name, I am occasionally down there and it would be a kick just to try it?

I just realized it was 25 years ago so never mind, silly question.

falstaff
08-01-2001, 07:12 PM
MORE EVIDENCE:

Sports Mascots Dishonor Native Americans

Krol, Debra Utacia. "Sports Mascots Dishonor Native Americans; The Mascots Make a Caricature of Native Culture and Must Be Eliminated," News & Record (Greensboro, NC), October 15, 1999, A15.

"The pressure to stop the use of sports mascots that demean Native Americans continues to grow.

The National Coalition on Racism in Sports and the Media is gathering at Urbana, Ill., this weekend to campaign for the elimination of Indian mascots and other stereotypes of Native American people.

Urbana is home to the main campus of the University of Illinois, which has one of the most egregious sports mascots, Chief Illiniwek.

Illiniwek doesn't hold a monopoly on Native American mascots, though. For example, there's Chief Wahoo of the Cleveland Indians, who runs about drunkenly at baseball games. Other offensive images include the Washington Redskins' logo and the ''tomahawk chop'' of the Atlanta Braves.

Illiniwek claims to honor the Illini People of the Algonquin confederacy. However, the University of Illinois Web site states that the clothing worn by the mascot is actually Oglala Lakota Sioux traditional garb, made in 1930 by an''older Sioux woman ... and two younger women'' on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.

Lakota elders reserve the ''war bonnet'' worn by the mascot for only the most honored and spiritual of Sioux leaders and consider it inappropriate for sports events.

Native American leaders, such as Suzan Shown Harjo, who successfully sued the Washington Redskins in 1998 to remove the copyright protection for its logo, have long expressed outrage over this exploitation of Native culture.

''These images should have gone (the way) of the Frito Bandito and Little Black Sambo, both of which disappeared after Hispanics and African Americans came forward to protest,'' says Charlene Teters, a Spokane tribal member and a leader of the National Coalition on Racism in Sports and the Media."

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 07:13 PM
Warrior,

ever had a hot pepper jack grilled cheese sandwich???? I've got some in the frazidge (just for aturnis)... maybe I should give it a try????

trrrrrrroooooooollllllllllllll alert!!!!!!!!! danger, danger, danger

aturnis
08-01-2001, 07:14 PM
How does it demean Native Americans? And even if they all did, Wolfs aren't Indians man!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 07:14 PM
I knew it! This is KCWolf!!!!

Underpaid, lad?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2001, 07:15 PM
aturnis,

"wolves aren't indians man"

When you're high they are!

falstaff
08-01-2001, 07:15 PM
I fail to see how a WOLF is a CHIEF..

We have established that the Chiefs are CLEARLY associated with Native Americans. Please review the articles in previous posts. Try to be mature.

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeChief

hmmm.... no mention of Chiefs...ok, well go ahead and stick with the wolf we have as a mascot.

thanks for the "evidence"

not a repeat...trooollllllllll

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 07:18 PM
Now Cody's talking about toys. It's time to <B>eat!</B> Hope I'm having something with curry, pepperjack cheese, and avocado tonight.

Good luck Vindicator; hope you'll be able to enjoy Jackstack some day.

Keg, good luck with your lawn, and I hope the weevils haven't eaten all of your spice.

DQ is closing in 5 minutes.

Hopefully, Logical's Kalua troll will continue to simmer throughout the night in the emu.

Marissa Tomei has left <I>with</I> the wine.

I still hate hazelnuts.

And Elvis has never won a playoff game.

falstaff
08-01-2001, 07:19 PM
MORE EVIDENCE (Get my point???)

But what are the issues for Native Americans today? Several of the most prominent are:

(1) "Legal" attempts to rescind or restrict tribal sovereignty rights.

(2) Misuse of Native American religious symbols, such as the eagle feather.

(3) Misuse of Native American likenesses, regalia, and titles as sports or educational "mascots," by schools, colleges, baseball and football teams.

(4) Continued incarceration of Native American political prisoners and AIM activists, when clemency or new trials are clearly called for.

(5) Misuse of Native American religion by so-called New Age spiritualists and "shamans."

(6) Failure of national Civil Rights organizations, or national initiatives such as the President's Commission on Race, to include Native American concerns, members, or input.

(7) Failure of other minorities, such as African Americans who are popular sports figures, to speak out against the abuse of American Indians by big-monied sports interests. Such minorities would not sit by silently if it were their own people who were stereotyped in this way, for example, if there were teams called the "Cleveland Black Bucks," "Washington Darkies," etc.

http://home.att.net/~Numberup/Nativeissues.htm

gh4chiefs
Falstaff,

If the Chiefs name is the biggest problem you have, then you're a pretty lucky guy or gal.

Will this crap NEVER end?:rolleyes:

Logical
I fail to see how a WOLF is a CHIEF..

We have established that the Chiefs are CLEARLY associated with Native Americans. Please review the articles in previous posts. Try to be mature.

You truly must be dense or only read your own posts dude. The Chief mascot is a Wolf not an Indian, not a Chiefs head dress but a Wolf. Do you ever pay attention? I suggest you go back and read my post on slow roasted troll you are a serious candidate for the main course, and my neighbors dog is hungry!

Chiefs Pantalones
Alright falstaff!,

I'm tired of your chewbacca defense, so I'm gonna go play bball.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by aturnis
CODY! HAHA

Wolfs are Indians when your HIGH! HEHEHE

HA!

One of those rare occasions when you can type LOL after really laughing out loud!

Forced to re-post this one

Pearl Man
08-01-2001, 07:21 PM
Chiefs fans,
I am stricken by the overwhelmingly immature responses nearly all of you have to the serious issue of racism in sports. Mr. Falstaff is simply trying to bring a very serious issue to light and what does he get? Literally hundreds of insults and ignorant one-sided responses. Despite what you Chief fans say, it is the affected party which determines what is offensive. Native Americans have been persecuted for centuries and have pride and dignity in their culture. This culture belongs to them alone. Thier culture should not be used by others in a role playing manner. One cannot become an Indian just because he or she dresses up like one. This action treats these proud people in a trivial fashion and is viewed as making a mockery of and poking fun at Indian culture. The use of American Indian imagery is an outdated and no longer acceptable practice. The Chiefs and all other teams that utilze Native American imagery should change their names out of respect for these people. Maybe you should change the name to the Kansas City Racists... Viva Falstaff...

Warrior5
08-01-2001, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the board.
Hey since Cody is all mum, could you share with us your favorite recipes?
Anything is welcome, unless it has hazelnuts.

gh4chiefs
Pearlman,

IT"S A ******* FOOTBALL TEAM, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!

If someone wants to be offended by something that silly, then they're going to get those kind of response.

Grow up and go tackle an issue that really matters. Like the conditions Native Americans live in on the reservations. And forget about the stupid **** like names because it doesn't amount to a hill of beans except for people who are just looking to stir up ****!

aturnis
HAHA Cody,

I didn't even realize he was using the Chewbacca defense, I was so confused it just slipped right by me.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 07:27 PM
Pearlman, I guess if you are all mad about other people using other peoples culture you can all stop drinking for that is in the culture of my fellow Irishmen!

morphius
08-01-2001, 07:28 PM
Logical - Next they are going to tell us that one American indians used arrowheads and had Chiefs. I have no urge to read this topic all the way through, but damn troll on a stick a little over cooked on the barbie sounds good right about now.

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 07:31 PM
PearlMan,

Obviously, you haven't even read the posts. Many of us here have stated, time and time again, that:

A wolf, not a headress, indian, or such is our mascot

We would agree that Redskins and the Braves logo could be offensive to Native Americans

We find nothing derogatory in the name "Chiefs" and obviously, Falstaff doesn't either, since he has yet to answer the simple question "What is derogatory about the name Chiefs?"

The name Chiefs was derived out of respect for Mr. Bartle, not to make fun of Native Americans

An arrowhead is something very commonly found in creek and riverbeds in missouri...Missouri's motto is where the rivers run, so arrowheads are very common here

All of the "evidence" that has been posted by your friend Falstaff has failed to mention the Chiefs, and speaks of mascots, which the Chiefs is , again, a wolf.

thanks for playing...

gh4chiefs
08-01-2001, 07:34 PM
I should have never opened this thread because I knew it was going to infuriate me. I'm thinking I know why the igore command was invented and I think I know a name or two to list.

Can I help you build that fire Morph?

Logical
08-01-2001, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Pearl Man
Chiefs fans,
I am stricken by the overwhelmingly immature responses nearly all of you have to the serious issue of racism in sports. Mr. Falstaff is simply trying to bring a very serious issue to light and what does he get? Literally hundreds of insults and ignorant one-sided responses. Despite what you Chief fans say, it is the affected party which determines what is offensive. Native Americans have been persecuted for centuries and have pride and dignity in their culture. This culture belongs to them alone. Thier culture should not be used by others in a role playing manner. One cannot become an Indian just because he or she dresses up like one. This action treats these proud people in a trivial fashion and is viewed as making a mockery of and poking fun at Indian culture. The use of American Indian imagery is an outdated and no longer acceptable practice. The Chiefs and all other teams that utilze Native American imagery should change their names out of respect for these people. Maybe you should change the name to the Kansas City Racists... Viva Falstaff...

Although I disagree with you, your post is basically respectful and thought out. So let me point out something about the Chiefs.

First the mascot is a Wolf not an Indian or a person wearing an Indian Headress.

Second the Chiefs were actually named after our Mayor H. Roe Bartle who lured Lamar and the team here. Mr. Bartle was very big into Boy Scouts and at Missouri's statewide Boyscout Camp in Osceolo Missouri helped developed a tribe called Mic-O-Say (spelling may be wrong it has been a long time) to reach certain position in the tribe (a tribe that is supported by several Indian organizations as a good concept incidently) you had to make life to reach the first level and Eagle to make Warrior (I may have the titles vs. Boy Scout Rank off but I left the Boy Scouts in 1967 so excuse my memory). In honor of this H. Roe Bartle was universally known as Chief (for leader, now how that can be negative is a question our falstaff friend has not answered). Thus how the Chiefs name came into existence. The Arrowhead is a remnant of that legacy and thus how the Stadium came to be named.

Please note that the Chiefs dropped Warpaint (the horse and the man in the garb of an Indian Chief many years ago. So please explain the disrespect being shown by the organization?

falstaff
08-01-2001, 07:37 PM
RACISTS:

Please do not blindly attack Pearl Man, who seems to be the only other intelligent member.

AGAIN - (for the fifth time) - The fact that a WOLF runs around on the filed does not change the fact that CHIEFS is the moniker to which your team subscribes. Arrowhead is the stadium in which they lose.

Are ALL of these things just coindinces that point to Native Americans. Why are Native Americans upset? Please review the articles I posted. It will do you some good to read something besides trivial Chiefs rhetoric.

Your team is lousy. They will be terrible again this year. Help to change the name so you can have some real PRIDE in your team!

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 07:39 PM
For the 27th time...

What is derogatory about the name Chiefs????

last chance, it's a simple question

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 07:43 PM
CEO, CIO, CFO

why not hit up corporations for using the term Chief in their management positions?????

falstaff
08-01-2001, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeChief
For the 27th time...

last chance, it's a simple question

IDIOT-

For the **king 27th time. Chiefs points to Native Americans who do NOT ARGEE with and are OFFENDED by the uses of Native American images in sports. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - read the articles I posted! You are looking like a moron!

Logical
08-01-2001, 07:46 PM
Falstaff,

If you can do anything but write, in other words READ, I suggest you read ExtremeChiefs post and my post to Pearlman that directly proceds yours.

Both explain how the Chiefs name came to be, the fact you did not bother to research this shows your ignorance and laziness.

Troll before casting labels which you have done from you very first thread post I suggest you think about the type of reaction such petulance will engender.

Your style is sad and basically displays the head up the rectum style of those who think they are on a holy crusade (read; mission from God) with no stake in the issue and do so just to turn attention on themselves. It is pendantic, pathetic and perjorative for you to hold others up to inane and generalized ridicule.

Put simply I suggest you grow up! :rolleyes:

Pearl Man
08-01-2001, 07:48 PM
When are you Chief's fans going to get the simple concept that it is not what you perceive to be offensive to other creeds but what that group of people considers to be offensive that dictates what is appropriate and what is not. To the American Indian people the symbols of the wolf, arrowhead, and the Chief's name (not to mention the hordes of drunks with painted faces, wearing indian headresses smoking marijuana filled peace pipes sitting in their T-pee shaped camper tops on their pickup trucks at 10AM on Sunday morning in the Arrowhead parking lot) used in the context of a sport and for profit business are a blatant mockery and are disrepectful to thier rich culture...

Michael Michigan
08-01-2001, 07:49 PM
Hmmm----

Pearl misspells just like falstaff.

Now it appears that falstaff is not only a racist but possesses multiple personalities.

Nice try false/pearl.

Logical
08-01-2001, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Pearl Man
When are you Chief's fans going to get the simple concept that it is not what you perceive to be offensive to other creeds but what that group of people considers to be offensive that dictates what is appropriate and what is not. To the American Indian people the symbols of the wolf, arrowhead, and the Chief's name (not to mention the hordes of drunks with painted faces, wearing indian headresses smoking marijuana filled peace pipes sitting in their T-pee shaped camper tops on their pickup trucks at 10AM on Sunday morning in the Arrowhead parking lot) used in the context of a sport and for profit business are a blatant mockery and are disrepectful to thier rich culture...

Now that was nonsense and puts you in the same class as Falstaff.

You two are dismissed from the ranks of potentially intelligent posters and are both now banished to land of trolldom for slow roasting.

I suspect as already pointed out that you are both the same person and that just makes you pathetic.

ExtremeChief
08-01-2001, 07:51 PM
Falstaff,

I did read the articles you posted, and, if you had taken the time to actually read responses, instead of enjoying the sound of your own voice, would see that I responded to them. In none of your articles was the word "Chiefs" present. Your articles also refer to mascots, and ours is a wolf. It's simple, these bulletin boards are for discussions, and you have no intention of discussing anything. You just want to call us racists, and when we ask you direct questions, you spin and fail to respond.

I'm done, and I'm sorry you cannot understand how to hold a logical conversation. If nothing else, this time hasn't been a total waste, I've gotten some good recipies.

G'Nite Troll...

aturnis
08-01-2001, 07:51 PM
I see you protecting your friend Pearlman......who I believe is probably one of your friends you just by chance happened to mention the site and discussion going on here to him and he conviniently showed up....go hold your circle jerk somewhere else!

falstaff
08-01-2001, 07:53 PM
"logic"man,

I believe Pearl Man and I have made it evident that the Chiefs team offends a large racial group. If you do not believe me, please refer to the articles and statements from Native American Organizations.

The simple fact of the matter is - the name 'Chiefs' offends a large group of individuals.

'******" "Spic" "WOP" "Kraut" "Slant" "Raghead" "Wetback" and "Camel Jockey" are just words, but I choose NOT to use them due to the fact that it offends large groups of individuals.

aturnis
08-01-2001, 07:55 PM
We have Marijuana filled peace pipes at arrowhead?!?!?! Have you guys been holding out on me?!?!?! I want my share!

Michael Michigan
08-01-2001, 07:56 PM
posted by falstaff--

The fact that a WOLF runs around on the filed (sic) does not change the fact that CHIEFS is the moniker to which your team subscribes.

posted by falstaff aka Pearl Man

Thier (sic) culture should not be used by others in a role playing manner.

Do you talk to yourself also?

Tomahawk 11
08-01-2001, 07:58 PM
I haven't read through all of the replies and stuff so I may be repeating a lot or maybe not at all.

In my view, the name of a sports team should represent something that is a powerful force. That is why every team has opted not to name their team the Lambs or Sissies. A Chief is obviously one of those things that is powerful. I don't see how that is insulting or demoralizing.

There is such a thing as being desensitized and at the same time there is such a thing as being over sensitive. I think reacting this way to the name Chiefs is over sensitive. I don't deny that racism exists in every aspect of America and sports. Every race has somewhat of a superiority complex or reasons to think that they are better than the other groups. The thing that I have grown tired of is the seemingly popular belief that whites are the only source of racism.

Anyway, at least their name isn't the MISSORIANS. :D

morphius
08-01-2001, 07:58 PM
A life of ignorance maybe isn't as bliss as we were once told to believe.

Morphius
Another Theory laid to waste.

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 07:59 PM

'******" "Spic" "WOP" "Kraut" "Slant" "Raghead" "Wetback" and "Camel Jockey" are just words, but I choose NOT to use them due to the fact that it offends large groups of individuals.

Where does 'Neo-Nazi' fall into this category?

stevieray
08-01-2001, 07:59 PM
Chief...the leader of a body or organization...the principle or most valuable part

Chief...Highest in rank...most eminent or important.

yup, those sound like some real racist descriptions.

bishop_74
08-01-2001, 08:00 PM
What an Ignoramus. Does stupidity run rampant in your family? Are you a result of inbreeding? Why do you base all of your "facts" on personal decisions instead of facts? I can probably provide you with more American Indians who are not offended by the Chiefs, than are. I honestly have not seen this type of irrational behavior since someone tried to convert me. Well, I guess you are not going to change your mind. Still doesn't change that fact that you are dead wrong. We have proven you wrong over and over again, and when we ask you to support why the Chiefs being associated with American Idians is derogatory, you seem to give us more of your plagerized web articles. We understand that you can't please EVERYBODY. Someone is going to get offended no matter what you do. This is human nature. It still does not mean we are racist no matter what you say. Sorry bud, you are ignorant and wrong and nothing you can say will change that. I have American Indian blood as do some of my friends. I think I should know if I was offended.

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 08:04 PM
Is the word "Chief" derived from French, or an Indian language?

Logical
08-01-2001, 08:04 PM
Your posts are offensive to a large group so why would you complain that they might be deleted and you would be banned. Similar principal. I live in San Diego now and last year there was a large brouhaha over the Aztecs an their Mascot who is an Indian. Guess what the local Indian tribes were some of the biggest and most vocal supporters of keeping the Indian name Aztecs and keeping the mascot Monty Montezuma. In the end the name and mascot stayed only some of the depictions are to be changed.

Your and I stress your opinion that a majority of Indians object to the name is nothing more than your opinion and is not backed by facts. Yes some high profile Indians have made objections but like you each of them has an @sshole just like they have an opinion. They as you are entitled to both, just do not expect others to follow you blindly. Your use of the epitaph racist for 100s of thousands of Chiefs fans does not make your argument but instead just makes you appear stupid.

Simple minds stray easily, and it is clear that you either have not read where the Chiefs name came from or are choosing to ignore this fact.

Your stupidity and ignorance lends no validity to your arguments. I present to you that answering questions directly asked can only improve your standing! :rolleyes: Not that you will understand this simple concept.

Mi_chief_fan
08-01-2001, 08:12 PM
Logical,

I think you finally shut them up.

Congrats!

Bwana
08-01-2001, 08:13 PM
Get a life pal!

falstaff
08-01-2001, 08:14 PM
"Logic"man,

Apperently your one-sided mind has allowed you to disregard MANY of my previous posts. AGAIN, the term 'Cheifs' offends Native Americans. AGAIN, no other ethnic group is depicted in professional sports.

Once again, it is obvious that your frustration stemming from years upon years of embarrassing seasons has been channelled into hatred for not only Native Americans, but justice-seekers like myself. Chiefs fans - your team will suck again this season, like that have sucked nearly every season since the inception of the franchise - channel your frustration into rectifying the offensive moniker!

aturnis
08-01-2001, 08:14 PM
Who would win in a fight, Batman or Wolverine?