PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holders: Are you renewing for 2008?

BigRedChief
01-22-2008, 02:06 PM
The invoices are in the mail. We need to start paying King Carl the money. What say you?

I guess if I really thought my not renewing would hasten the demise of King Carl I might consider not renewing but I don't think it would have any effect next year. King Carl is here and he's not going away.

Empty seats at Arrowhead and apathy will remove King Carl from his thrown. Whether I pay King Carl for my seats or someone off ebay will not force King Carl out.

I have too much fun on gamedays. Tailgating, the BBQ, drinking cold ones, sharing good times etc. I was here long before King Carl and I'll be here long after he's gone.

Sully
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm renewing... and I may be adding a seat... haven't decided.

OnTheWarpath15
01-22-2008, 02:23 PM
We're not renewing, but it's not by choice.

We have to cut all expenses right now with the wife being out of work.

So if someone would like to have the rights to 2 seats in Section 312, Row 6 let me know and I'll get you the transfer paperwork. Otherwise, they'll go into the upgrade pool.

StcChief
01-22-2008, 02:34 PM
bailed in 2007 to become a "non-real" fan. :D

Joe Seahawk
01-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes

kc rush
01-22-2008, 02:44 PM
No. I jumped on the Nzoner bandwagon and have decided to wait until Carl and Herm are gone. I don't have faith in either of them.

The team may improve, but I've seen nothing in either of their track records to lead me to believe that they can win a championship.

I can't justify spending thousands of dollars when money is tight if I don't have faith in the bozo's at the top.

I probably won't go to any games this year, but may reconsider once I've gotten a bit of the sour taste out of my mouth.

I love the sport, the team and the experience, I just don't want to deal with the BS right now. Until things change I'll root from home.

ROYC75
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Live too far away for season tickets, no value in it for me.

If I lived in KC and had them, depending on the location of the seats would be my answer.

You left out the option for I'm not renewing my Sunday Ticket ..........

Otis99
01-22-2008, 03:56 PM
I took a step back and realized that my four lower level seats were going to set me back about $4,000 for the 2008 season. (Up from $3600 last year) I thought about what else I could buy with that kind of money and decided that even if we field a great team this year and contended for an AFC title that there isn't $4,000 worth of entertainment there to be had (of course if we were in the playoff hunt there's another $1500 or so, depending on what postseason seats cost).

Last time we had a home playoff game, a friend of my dad's tagged along even though he didn't have a ticket. Back then tickets were still somewhat difficult to come by, and I never had trouble finding people to go with me to games. He bought a seat in the first row of the upper deck for something like $120 from a scalper. I figure I could do the same if we found ourselves there again and I wanted to go.

In all honesty, it's not the fact that Carl is still here or that the team sucks. The fact that I can't even give my extra tickets away, let alone find people to buy them is part of it. The fact that you have to pay full price for pre-season tickets is definitely part of it. But mainly, it's because I just can't see spending THAT MUCH money on them anymore. They have simply priced me out of the market.

$4,000. Think about what you can do with that. Jesus.

BigRedChief
01-22-2008, 04:06 PM
I took a step back and realized that my four lower level seats were going to set me back about $4,000 for the 2008 season. (Up from $3600 last year) I thought about what else I could buy with that kind of money and decided that even if we field a great team this year and contended for an AFC title that there isn't $4,000 worth of entertainment there to be had (of course if we were in the playoff hunt there's another $1500 or so, depending on what postseason seats cost).

Last time we had a home playoff game, a friend of my dad's tagged along even though he didn't have a ticket. Back then tickets were still somewhat difficult to come by, and I never had trouble finding people to go with me to games. He bought a seat in the first row of the upper deck for something like $120 from a scalper. I figure I could do the same if we found ourselves there again and I wanted to go.

In all honesty, it's not the fact that Carl is still here or that the team sucks. The fact that I can't even give my extra tickets away, let alone find people to buy them is part of it. The fact that you have to pay full price for pre-season tickets is definitely part of it. But mainly, it's because I just can't see spending THAT MUCH money on them anymore. They have simply priced me out of the market.

$4,000. Think about what you can do with that. Jesus.
Where are they at?

acesn8s
01-22-2008, 04:10 PM
$4,000. Think about what you can do with that. Jesus.a new wide screen for the close-ups of our losers?

kcfanXIII
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
i can't believe this many people are renewing. i just assumed that after herl wasn't let go, AND the ticket increase after a 4-12 season, that people would be dumping their tickets faster than i dump after a pot of my super spicy chili. and thats pretty damn fast.

Otis99
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Where are they at?

Section 134, Row 16.

BigChiefFan
01-22-2008, 04:55 PM
The entertainment value is has lost it's magic for me. Way too much money to help keep Carl in power.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
i can't believe this many people are renewing.

Some people are probably afraid to dump them just in case the Chiefs get good again in 2-3 years.

The NFL is the biggest of the Big Sports. Id be willing to bet for every person who dumps their ticket, at least 4 or 5 people would be willing to snatch them up.

BigChiefFan
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Some people are probably afraid to dump them just in case the Chiefs get good again in 2-3 years.

The NFL is the biggest of the Big Sports. Id be willing to bet for every person who dumps their ticket, at least 4 or 5 people would be willing to snatch them up.
Maybe so, but the front office has zapped the fun out of it for me and they've been insulting and arrogant while doing it. I just had to take a deep breath and realize-they are right, it's just a game. While it is entertaining, the experience of being a season ticket holder for years and years gets old, when it's the same product year in and year out with the same damn captain of the ship. It's like going on the same cruise every year without, little to no improvement in the product and very much the same experience as it was the day you set sail. After close to a decade you liked to see a different beach. Carl sucks ass. He will always suck ass. He's still tenured in Kansas City, so my decision is rather easy. Anybody that re-ups thinking the Chiefs are going all the way next year are just fooling themselves.

beavis
01-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Id be willing to bet for every person who dumps their ticket, at least 4 or 5 people would be willing to snatch them up.
Sincerely,
Week 15 commercial, "get your Chiefs tickets now!"

Anybody else think there will be some blackouts this year?

CrazyHorse
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I guess Im part of the fan base that needs to be rebuilt.

I am an out of state fan. So I generally pick out a game or two that I want to go to and sell off the rest of the tickets. By the end of last season it was getting tough to even get 70% of face.

I would love to re-up. But the loss I take on buying a complete season has put me in a position where I just simply can't take the loss. I used to eat the price of the preseason tix because nobody wanted them. But that's as far as I can go.

I guess my tickets will be going to a real fan now. I hope they enjoy them.

donkey_hater
01-22-2008, 08:01 PM
We are going to renew... I am not a King Carl or Herm fan but still am addicted to the Chiefs for some crazy reason. They are like a bad drug that keeps you coming back for more no matter how much you try to avoid them

On another note if anyone has 4 LL tickets they want to let the rights go on let me know as the family and I are looking to move down this year a little since we have spent to many years in the Upper level.

ChiefsCountry
01-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Mine went down in price and I dont know want to lose rights incase something crazy happens and they get good.

KcKing
01-22-2008, 10:53 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175822

Looking for something in the lower level without paying about 500 for the wolfpack club, or waiting a few years to work my way down...

Just send me a PM with the seat location, and what you want as far as compensation for the transfer.

Thanks.

Still looking....

BWillie
01-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Nope. I'm sick of paying for two shitty preseason games that I don't want, and can't get rid of for any decent value. I'm just going to buy tickets to four games that I really want to go to. Probably get better seats, and save a whole lot of money.

BigRedChief
01-23-2008, 06:29 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175822
Still looking....
See post #8?:LOL:

donkey_hater
01-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Whether I pay King Carl for my seats or someone off ebay will not force King Carl out.

BigRedChief, Do you typically buy your tickets off the e-bay? Been trying to decide if that is the way I want to go this year in order to get lower seats but I just can't seem to pull myself away from contributing directly to King Carl :grr:

BigRedChief
01-23-2008, 08:21 AM
BigRedChief, Do you typically buy your tickets off the e-bay? Been trying to decide if that is the way I want to go this year in order to get lower seats but I just can't seem to pull myself away from contributing directly to King Carl :grr:
I was on the waiting list for season tickets since 1991. Been a season ticket holder since 1994. Piss's me off to pay full price for pre-season games but all the NFL teams do it the same way.

The NFL is pricing out most fans. If I wasn't making $25K more than I was back when I started being a "Real" fan I would have given up the tickets.

Dartgod
01-23-2008, 08:35 AM
I have too much fun on gamedays. Tailgating, the BBQ, drinking cold ones, sharing good times etc. I was here long before King Carl and I'll be here long after he's gone.
Exactly. We'll most likely renew for this very reason.

Chief Henry
01-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Maybe so, but the front office has zapped the fun out of it for me and they've been insulting and arrogant while doing it. I just had to take a deep breath and realize-they are right, it's just a game. While it is entertaining, the experience of being a season ticket holder for years and years gets old, when it's the same product year in and year out with the same damn captain of the ship. It's like going on the same cruise every year without, little to no improvement in the product and very much the same experience as it was the day you set sail. After close to a decade you liked to see a different beach. Carl sucks ass. He will always suck ass. He's still tenured in Kansas City, so my decision is rather easy. Anybody that re-ups thinking the Chiefs are going all the way next year are just fooling themselves.

I feel that way and I'm not even a STH. I question why i buy the NFL ticket some times.

Eleazar
01-23-2008, 09:19 AM
$4000 a year, crazy.

In today's prices what would that be in total for Carl's reign of failure? $75,000 or more?

BigRedChief
01-23-2008, 09:44 AM
$4000 a year, crazy.

In today's prices what would that be in total for Carl's reign of failure? $75,000 or more?
My first invoice in 1994 was $1,158.00. This years will be $2, 720.00. How much is that more than standard inflation?

KurtCobain
01-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Haven't had season tickets since 2005, but only because I couldn't afford them. This year though I'm looking at a few seats with some friends and I'll probably become a season ticket holder once again, just to watch Herm's new squad lose boring games, boringly.

HonestChieffan
01-23-2008, 10:05 AM
I'll renew all 4 of mine and probably go to all but 2-3 games. Im lucky enough that my seats are good enough that I can usually get face for them if I do sell them.

Eleazar
01-23-2008, 10:15 AM
My first invoice in 1994 was $1,158.00. This years will be $2, 720.00. How much is that more than standard inflation?

Well inflation varies, but certainly it's not going to keep pace with the 150% or whatever since the Chiefs last playoff win

BigChiefFan
01-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Is it any wonder Carl is still employed. This thread says it all. The lemmings will bend over for Carl and pay for it to boot. Unreal. Take a stand. Tell Carl to shove it up his ass. Don't renew. One year without going to the games isn't going to kill you. Send a message. Empty seats send a very clear message. You have a voice in this, but some don't see it. Color me surprised.

Dartgod
01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Is it any wonder Carl is still employed. This thread says it all. The lemmings will bend over for Carl and pay for it to boot. Unreal. Take a stand. Tell Carl to shove it up his ass. Don't renew. One year without going to the games isn't going to kill you. Send a message. Empty seats send a very clear message. You have a voice in this, but some don't see it. Color me surprised.
Kiss my ass, you ****ing prick.

I don't buy season tickets because I support what Carl is doing. I go for reasons that BRC previously stated and I agreed with.

milkman
01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I feel that way and I'm not even a STH. I question why i buy the NFL ticket some times.

Out here, without NFL Sunday Ticket, I'd be stuck watching Raiders and 9ers every week.

Mr. Laz
01-23-2008, 10:33 AM
bailed in 2006

HonestChieffan
01-23-2008, 10:43 AM

Have you ever been a STH?...Were they good seats?...How long did you have them?

How many games do you go to each year?

I see these emotion filled anti Carl/Dont Go To Games rants and often wonder are these people who do or ever have gone to a game?

BigChiefFan
01-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Kiss my ass, you ****ing prick.

I don't buy season tickets because I support what Carl is doing. I go for reasons that BRC previously stated and I agreed with.
I guess the truth hurts, otherwise it wouldn't get under your skin. I never called you or anyone else out specifically, but you took offense. Sorry, but like the old saying goes if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Those that continue to re-up ARE essentially ENDORSING the current regime. Sorry you don't like that, but it's the truth.

BigChiefFan
01-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Have you ever been a STH?...Were they good seats?...How long did you have them?

How many games do you go to each year?

I see these emotion filled anti Carl/Dont Go To Games rants and often wonder are these people who do or ever have gone to a game?

Of course I'm a STH-very soon to change. Spent 10,000s of dollars supporting mediocrity. How about you?

HonestChieffan
01-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes I am and will continue to hold my seats. Had them so long I cant see giving them up, Id be dead before I could get good seats again.

The entire Arrowhead game day experience is more than a win or a loss so I still enjoy going and having a great time.

Dartgod
01-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I guess the truth hurts, otherwise it wouldn't get under your skin. I never called you or anyone else out specifically, but you took offense. Sorry, but like the old saying goes if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Those that continue to re-up ARE essentially ENDORSING the current regime. Sorry you don't like that, but it's the truth.
Bullshit. You called out everyone in this thread who intended to renew. Whether or not I renew has NOTHING to do with King Carls job status.

Sure-Oz
01-23-2008, 11:23 AM
My gf's parents are reducing their seats from 6 to 2 i think this coming year and are likely to give her and I, 4 of the home games. Not sure if we want to go, we were 0-4 this year....0-5 overall....

I am a 0-6 career >:(

milkman
01-23-2008, 11:25 AM
My gf's parents are reducing their seats from 6 to 2 i think this coming year and are likely to give her and I, 4 of the home games. Not sure if we want to go, we were 0-4 this year....0-5 overall....

You suck!

Sure-Oz
01-23-2008, 11:28 AM
You suck!
No, the chiefs suck :cuss:

We even sat through the whole denver game at invesco because i was stubborn and not wanting to leave after the 1st qtr hehe. It was funny hearing broncos fans question if this was a product of the chiefs sucking or them actually being good...most though it was cause of the chiefs and they still suck.

KurtCobain
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM

18-0 at arrowhead
3-0 away from arrowhead

and I've also never been to a royals loss, and i've been to atleast 20 or 30 something games.

Sure-Oz
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
18-0 at arrowhead
3-0 away from arrowhead

and I've also never been to a royals loss, and i've been to atleast 20 or 30 something games.
You need to go gamble or bet on something quick...

hell grab a lotto ticket while you're at it.

HonestChieffan
01-23-2008, 11:35 AM
If I had to bet, the folks who bail will be people who have not had seats very long and are not in prime locations. Those probably have high turnover in any year. And there will be some who have been long termers but you can bet the seats will change hands privately...good and great seats will not go unfilled.

In the end Id bet they Chiefs end up with 90% renewals on Season Tickets..

Why?

Looks like Clark scored high marks with his meet the press tour. That was key.

I cannot stand Herm. But, like him or not, the quality lineup of changes he has made on the coaching side is way better than I would have expected.

That line up of coaching talent should translate into far improved talent evaluation in this draft. They know they wont have this many picks for a while and they wont have as desperate a need as we have right now...

My guts tell me the level of dissatisfaction has hit its low point and from here forward, the fan attitude, excitement and enthusiasm will grow.

KurtCobain
01-23-2008, 11:36 AM
You need to go gamble or bet on something quick...

hell grab a lotto ticket while you're at it.

If I bet money on them, then that's when they'd lose. I'm on a dollar scratcher card losing streak right now. 30 dollars out the window and not one even free ticket. I'm just blessed never to have seen a Chiefs or Royals loss. But I'm also a MU football and Bulls fan, and I'm 2-2 going to MU games, and 0-5 going to see the bulls in chitown.

milkman
01-23-2008, 11:38 AM
No, the chiefs suck :cuss:

:D

:doh!:

Reerun_KC
01-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Never been a STH, always lived to far away to even consider it.

I cant imagine what you guys are going through, I am having a tough time deciding on keeping the $300 Sunday Ticket..

Hell I slept through most of the second halfs last year, I just dont think the Chiefs are worth being bored to death wtih that boring product.

chiefqueen
01-23-2008, 12:28 PM
i can't believe this many people are renewing. i just assumed that after herl wasn't let go, AND the ticket increase after a 4-12 season, that people would be dumping their tickets faster than i dump after a pot of my super spicy chili. and thats pretty damn fast.

I sit on the front row (aka "my throne") if I gave up my seats b/c of a bad season and then started up again when the team was competitive would I get front row seats, I THINK NOT!!!

Dartgod
01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
I sit on the front row (aka "my throne") if I gave up my seats b/c of a bad season and then started up again when the team was competitive would I get front row seats, I THINK NOT!!!
Lemming. Carl Enabler. You are what's wrong with this franchise. Gretz was right. We need to rebuild the fanbase. /bigchieffan

Pablo
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
I wish I was out of college and making good money so I could pick up a couple decent seats at a good price. But I'm sure by the time I can afford season tickets the Chiefs might actually be good again, and I'll have the option of purchasing shitty seats at a less than desirable price.

Eleazar
01-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Not a "real fan", but other than STH I probably attend (used to) more games than many people.

Not going back until Carl is gone.

BigChiefFan
01-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Lemming. Carl Enabler. You are what's wrong with this franchise. Gretz was right. We need to rebuild the fanbase. /bigchieffan
You're doing one Hell of a job, Brownie.

Nzoner
01-23-2008, 01:17 PM
If I had to bet, the folks who bail will be people who have not had seats very long and are not in prime locations.

You would've lost that bet on me,I had seats for 13 years(maybe not long but long enough) and although I was in the upper Nzone 338 they were prime seats for my liking(I prefer the view from the qb's eyes high enough to where I can see the whole field) as I never once even thought about moving up or to the lower bowl.

Stinger
01-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Is it any wonder Carl is still employed. This thread says it all. The lemmings will bend over for Carl and pay for it to boot.

Of course I'm a STH-very soon to change. Spent 10,000s of dollars supporting mediocrity. How about you?

Very soon??? ......... So as of right now you are still a Lemming season ticket holder like some of us?????? LMAO LMAO

Before you make a blanket statement you might want look in the mirror. :shake:

HonestChieffan
01-23-2008, 01:32 PM
One thing for sure...Those who keep thier season tickets will think they did the right thing and those who dont will feel just as good about their decision.

Stinger
01-23-2008, 01:35 PM
One thing for sure...Those who keep thier season tickets will think they did the right thing and those who dont will feel just as good about their decision.

Yep and Amen

Nzoner
01-23-2008, 01:37 PM

I never "felt good" about giving my tickets up,hell I miss the tailgating more than anyone could know but I'd had enough and as a business owner myself I know that my unhappy clients speak loudest with their checkbooks.

HonestChieffan
01-23-2008, 01:40 PM
So will you still tailgate?

Nzoner
01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
So will you still tailgate?

I live in St Joe,as much as I'd love to still tailgate,it's impossible to make it back to my gameroom before kick-off of the game(s)

1ChiefsDan
01-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Not renewing - but the wife just sent in our application for our first set of season tickets.:D

We will only make it a couple a year - but have family and friends that will buy the rest from us.

BigRedChief
01-24-2008, 01:35 PM
To each his own.:thumb:

HonestChieffan
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Not renewing - but the wife just sent in our application for our first set of season tickets.:D

We will only make it a couple a year - but have family and friends that will buy the rest from us.

With these STH's who claim they are not renewing, you may be able to score some great seats from them.

kc rush
01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
I got my renewal letter yesterday and was surprised to see that it was from Clark this year instead of from Carl.

I'm trying to decide whether to just toss the renewal or send it back with a note voicing my displeasure.

REDHOTGTO
01-24-2008, 03:09 PM
i voiced my displeasure last year when i dumped mine. i bitched about the price of pre season games and variuos other things and my resonse was this " while we miss your contribution to the chiefs orginazation, we understand that each individual has their own reasons for not renewing, please feel free to renew at a later date if you wish"
(in other words dont let the door hit ya where the lord split ya)
they dont even care to listen to any complaints or gripes, good luck

KcFanNindy
01-24-2008, 06:58 PM
I have the following seats available for the 2008 season. The seats are located in the Lower Level, in section 114 row 38. The seats are on the aisle. You will be under cover and have TV's to view instant replay. You are only 3 steps away from the Beer/food vendors, and of course the restrooms.

Due to being laid-off from work, i am offering these tickets to any member who wishes to purchase the entire season at my cost. Total cost would be $1680 ( $840 per seat x 2 = $1680).

I would need a deposit of $840 and the remainder would need to be paid by May 15, 2008. Upon receipt from the Chiefs i will provide free shipping via Fed Ex Overnight delivery, with tracking capabilites. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email: kcchiefsfannindy@sbcglobal.net

BigRedChief
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
I got my renewal letter yesterday and was surprised to see that it was from Clark this year instead of from Carl.

I'm trying to decide whether to just toss the renewal or send it back with a note voicing my displeasure.
I think you have suych a small chance of it making it out of the mailroom that I wouldn't waste my time on it.

kc rush
01-25-2008, 09:14 AM
I think you have suych a small chance of it making it out of the mailroom that I wouldn't waste my time on it.

I know, but bitching here only goes so far. I'm sure apathy will win out and I won't do a thing.