PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger Dead

Dremel
01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Report: Actor Heath Ledger Found Dead at Manhattan Residence
Tuesday, January 22, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:
DiggFacebookStumbleUpon
NEW YORK — Actor Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in what authorities say is a possible drug-related death, the NYPD said. He was 28.

NYPD spokesman said that Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment that is believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there, and found him dead at 3:26 p.m, Browne said.

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" and has numerous other screen credits.

Hammock Parties
01-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Re-post.

Eleazar
01-22-2008, 04:20 PM
rep<i></i>ost

mikeyis4dcats.
01-22-2008, 04:22 PM
rep<i></i>ost

repost!

HC_Chief
01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
ihnta

Thig Lyfe
01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
It's not like this was already at the top of the thread list or anything.

Rooster
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
bump

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Cnn reported it.

stupid.

I don't feel sorry for him. No one should.

siberian khatru
01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
The more times it gets posted, the less sad it becomes. I guess you just become numb to it.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Have some dip!!!!

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Not sad. More shocked.

Money, good looks and fame. threw it all away.

He was more interested in drugs that can kill so why be sad for him.

Thig Lyfe
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Not sad. More shocked.

I really doubt that the drug use was recreational.

chagrin
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
First I heard about it but wow - I am shocked about this, that guy had real talent, a shame.

crazycoffey
01-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Have some dip!!!!

that's freakin awful...

Boon
01-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Was he the pitcher or the catcher?

Mr. Laz
01-22-2008, 09:47 PM
wow .... i missed this the first time around :eek:

sucks

Demonpenz
01-22-2008, 09:52 PM
man it is a sad day all around

Ebolapox
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
rearry?

irishjayhawk
01-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Not sad. More shocked.

I wish there was a way to ban people when they say stupid shit like that.

Bwana
01-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Again?! How many times can this guy bite the dust?

Duck Dog
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
"Hey everybody, we landed on the moon"!

King_Chief_Fan
01-23-2008, 11:42 AM
People die every day. What is the big deal?

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-31-2008, 04:01 PM
I wish there was a way to ban people when they say stupid shit like that.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/01/31/2008-01-31_heath_ledger_caught_on_drug_tape.html
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1501119/story.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10489866

Scorp
01-31-2008, 04:05 PM
WE LANDED ON THE MOON!

Simply Red
01-31-2008, 05:21 PM
crack kills.

Third Eye
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/01/31/2008-01-31_heath_ledger_caught_on_drug_tape.html
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1501119/story.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10489866
So there is video of him at a party where other people are doing drugs. I guess you have never been to a party where people are doing blow or other illicit substances? He comments that he used to smoke alot of weed, how damning. :spock:

blueballs
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Princess Diana
all over again

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
So there is video of him at a party where other people are doing drugs. I guess you have never been to a party where people are doing blow or other illicit substances? He comments that he used to smoke alot of weed, how damning. :spock:

coke?

Sure-Oz
01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
When are they going to find out cause of death?

KcMizzou
01-31-2008, 08:04 PM
What's with all the "landed on the moon" bullshit?

The thread was posted the day he died. :spock:

Ebolapox
01-31-2008, 09:00 PM
What's with all the "landed on the moon" bullshit?

The thread was posted the day he died. :spock:

see also: dumb and dumber

dude: remember, this was posted when there was a mega 'heath dead' thread ALREADY on page one--this was one of two or three 'heath dead' threads that were reposts.

Halfcan
01-31-2008, 09:52 PM
He died again?

el borracho
01-31-2008, 09:57 PM
He died again?
Yep. He and John Goodman had a bet to see who could do it the most times.

KcMizzou
01-31-2008, 09:57 PM
He died again?Ah, for ****'s sake. LMAO

There's some Rush news on MSNBC... Lower left-hand corner. I didn't read it, big guess it's something big.

KcMizzou
01-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Props to Joel McHale (one of the funniest guys nobody ever talks about) on this...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVQYowoMvqc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVQYowoMvqc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ebolapox
01-31-2008, 10:22 PM
Ah, for ****'s sake. LMAO

There's some Rush news on MSNBC... Lower left-hand corner. I didn't read it, big guess it's something big.

yep: they finally made the rock and roll HOF

ROFL

naw, not really. that was harsh.

KcMizzou
01-31-2008, 10:23 PM

ROFL

naw, not really. that was harsh."Go boy! Get the bone... Go get the bone! Good boy!!"

luv
01-31-2008, 10:24 PM
This must be some type of guy thing.

Ebolapox
01-31-2008, 10:30 PM
"Go boy! Get the bone... Go get the bone! Good boy!!"

what you say about his company is what you say about society.

:spock:

Ebolapox
01-31-2008, 10:31 PM
This must be some type of guy thing.

what, posting on a message board? cause, you know, technically, you're doing that too, making this NOT a guy thing

jAZ
01-31-2008, 10:42 PM
People die every day. What is the big deal?
Sometimes people die on several different days.

Halfcan
01-31-2008, 10:48 PM

ROFL

naw, not really. that was harsh.

Okay-that was a good one! :thumb:

KcMizzou
01-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Okay-that was a good one! :thumb:You're back?

I read some other Rush news on Digg.com It's probably 6 or 7 pages back by now. Go get it, boy!

:)

Dylan
02-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Somewhere outback -- in a small cabin, Jake Gyllenhaal is smelling Heath Ledger's jacket...

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-06-2008, 03:11 PM
News is out from autopsy. Said his body was filled with prescription pain killers and sleeping pills.

For all you dumbasses that said he wasn't using drugs, this was proof he might of been still addicted. History of drug use. Ended his marriage.

One funny ass on these boards was so in LOVE with him that said he WASN'T a hollywood party boy. Facts and video say otherwise.

He had alot of drugs in his body. Oxycontin,Valium +sleeping pills.

Chiefdawn
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Sure sounds like suicide to me. But I am sure that with his celebrity status, nobody will ever come out and admit it. It will be chalked up as an accidental overdose, whether it was or not. I don't guess it matters. Dead is dead.

Sure-Oz
02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
News is out from autopsy. Said his body was filled with prescription pain killers and sleeping pills.

For all you dumbasses that said he wasn't using drugs, this was proof he might of been still addicted. History of drug use. Ended his marriage.

One funny ass on these boards was so in LOVE with him that said he WASN'T a hollywood party boy. Facts and video say otherwise.

He had alot of drugs in his body. Oxycontin,Valium +sleeping pills.
Yeah they said accidental prescription drug overdose. Sucks, but he probably had problems that he wanted to go away and took too much that time, sad.

seclark
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Temazepam, Alprazolam, and Doxylamine.

thats alot of downers.
at least he wasnt operating any heavy machinery.
sec

BucEyedPea
02-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Temazepam, Alprazolam, and Doxylamine.

thats alot of downers.

wtf? He was on all that? Sounds like another Nicole Smith. Authorities may be going after her Drs. Wonder who his were?

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
He was an ADDICT.

He didn't think. Wasn't accidental.

Fairplay
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM

thats alot of downers.

I'm surprised there wasn't alcohol in his system with that all that.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2008, 03:33 PM
He was an ADDICT.

WTF?

DUDE, these were prescribed drugs. This stuff happens all the time. People take medications and unfortunately, the doctors don't know certain that drug combinations can be lethal.

BucEyedPea
02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
He was an ADDICT.

Not accidental not an intentional act of suicide that night.
Unless he had an unconscious death wish, which he may well have had, then I'd say he was slowly killing himself without realizing it.

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-06-2008, 03:55 PM
WTF?

DUDE, these were prescribed drugs. This stuff happens all the time. People take medications and unfortunately, the doctors don't know certain that drug combinations can be lethal.

stop it

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
stop it

You're a moron.

Thanks for all the excellent insight you've provided. :rolleyes:

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey I take narcotics for chronic pain. I'm an addict, the narcotics will create an addiction within 14 days or something like that. But when you live in pain, its the only way to alleviate some of it and try and live a normal life.

I've come off of the narcotics 4 different times on my own and is done the most easily by weaning the dosages down a little bit at a time. But its still a bitch to get off the things.

Was Heath in chronic pain? I don't know but labeling him an "addict" is not what caused his death. Taking too many, combinations, I think he had a Dr. in England and one in the States, is likely the culprit. Narcotics also cause short term memory problems and I have trouble remembering if I took my dosage at the correct time or didn't. Usually your body will tell you when it's been missed as withdrawal symptoms can start from missing one dosage.

It's a bitch being on the narcotics. I would love to throw them out the window but chronic pain is something that if you have never had it, you can't understand or be an expert about it without having gone through it yourself.

It looks like from the list he was getting way too many different types. I have to see my Dr. every month and had to sign an "oath" that I wouldn't Doctor shop or get my meds from more that one pharmacy, and some other "promises". They have tried to create a system that doesn't allow for these types of things to happen, but being a prominant person, I'm sure quirks are quite different then what normal people get when dealing with the Medical community.

There are lots of us "addicts" out there. Abusing prescription drugs or taking them as directed makes no difference. "Addiction" results both ways.

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
You're a moron.

Thanks for all the excellent insight you've provided. :rolleyes:

He was an ADDICT. He didn't give a damn if he was going to die. He just wanted stay 'HIGH'.

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey I take narcotics for chronic pain. I'm an addict, the narcotics will create an addiction within 14 days or something like that. But when you live in pain, its the only way to alleviate some of it and try and live a normal life.

I've come off of the narcotics 4 different times on my own and is done the most easily by weaning the dosages down a little bit at a time. But its still a bitch to get off the things.

Was Heath in chronic pain? I don't know but labeling him an "addict" is not what caused his death. Taking too many, combinations, I think he had a Dr. in England and one in the States, is likely the culprit. Narcotics also cause short term memory problems and I have trouble remembering if I took my dosage at the correct time or didn't. Usually your body will tell you when it's been missed as withdrawal symptoms can start from missing one dosage.

It's a bitch being on the narcotics. I would love to throw them out the window but chronic pain is something that if you have never had it, you can't understand or be an expert about it without having gone through it yourself.

It looks like from the list he was getting way too many different types. I have to see my Dr. every month and had to sign an "oath" that I wouldn't Doctor shop or get my meds from more that one pharmacy, and some other "promises". They have tried to create a system that doesn't allow for these types of things to happen, but being a prominant person, I'm sure quirks are quite different then what normal people get when dealing with the Medical community.

There are lots of us "addicts" out there. Abusing prescription drugs or taking them as directed makes no difference. "Addiction" results both ways.

I hope they find a real nonaddictive drug that will help you out.

Frazod
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
He was an ADDICT.

You don't know this to be the case, and quite frankly it is ignorant of you to presume it to be true.

Being an addict doesn't make one suicidal, any more than being suicidal makes one an addict. Being an addict does, however, make one abuse his/her body in ways that the body sometimes can't handle. Sadly, sometimes these ways don't provide a life lesson or a second chance.

The dude was clearly a mess. He definitely had substance issues. Doesn't mean he meant to off himself.

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Mrchiefmanwillgetyou: I'm an addict. That doesn't mean I have a deathwish because of it. Now if he was taking them to get high, that's a different story. Like I stated I don't know what his medical condition was. Apparently he had some form of chronic pain, or just another one of those Dr's that wants to please a "star". It could have been completly unintentional.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2008, 04:19 PM
He was an ADDICT. He didn't give a damn if he was going to die. He just wanted stay 'HIGH'.

You SERIOUSLY don't know WTF you're talking about.

ChiefaRoo
02-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Listen, he was either silly, naive or just plain dumb not to think about all the different kinds of drugs that he was putting into his system. OxyContin, Xanax plus all of the others. It doesn't take a doctor or even a smart person to figure out that you don't mix and match these drugs even at a low level unless specifically monitored by a Doctor who has the entire situation under his control. If he was taking more than prescribed he was abusing on top of that. Finally, I doubt any one doctor would put him on these meds. He most likely had multiple docs prescribing to him and I will bet any of you a beer he didn't tell the docs what the other docs were giving him. In other words he was doctor shopping.

Remember, Bret Favre, Rush Limbaugh were all caught with either an addiction or accused of doctor shopping. Each of these guys took the heat for awhile in public, yet many want to give Ledger a free pass? Well fine, he's dead so I guess there is no point in piling on. That being said he doesn't deserve any praise or adulation either. He was just a guy who O.D.'d and who at least ignored a lot of common sense caution lights about the drugs he was using but most likely he was abusing them and he paid for it with his life.

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Mr. Chiefaroo: I've had times where the same Dr. was giving me Oxy's, Xanax, a muscle relaxer, sleeping pills a blood pressure med and an anti-depressant. It happens. I got sick of taking so many different meds so started reducing them one by one until I'm down now to three. But I think I read that he had two Dr's one in England and one in the U.S. No doubt he f**ked up.

ChiefaRoo
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Mr. Chiefaroo: I've had times where the same Dr. was giving me Oxy's, Xanax, a muscle relaxer, sleeping pills a blood pressure med and an anti-depressant. It happens. I got sick of taking so many different meds so started reducing them one by one until I'm down now to three. But I think I read that he had two Dr's one in England and one in the U.S. No doubt he f**ked up.

I've had some personal experience with some of these drugs as well but they all came from the same Doc who monitored my dosages so as to keep the situation under control. I guess if I wanted to go to do a little doc shopping I could probably get duplicate prescriptions but then I'd be asking for trouble and that's also when my common sense kicks in and I don't do it.

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Mr. Chiefsaroo: I agree with you 100%. Stick with one Dr. and stay with the one. It is still spooky as I'm sure most General Practioners have no idea about the interactions. I mean sure they have a basic knowledge, but I think they leave a lot of it up to the Pharmacist.

My Pharmacy has never said a work about interactions, I read all of the literature provided. But they always have you sign off that you were advised on the prescriptions you received. They are always so busy, I guess the computer program must flag it if your listed taking medication that can interact.

I've read that I think its in the thousands of people that die in the U.S. each year from interactions of prescription drugs. A person definitely has to be careful with what they take.

ABC is running a report on it in just a few minutes.

BucEyedPea
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
I mean sure they have a basic knowledge, but I think they leave a lot of it up to the Pharmacist.
My neighbor is a pharmacist...and he says they know more about the drugs than the doctors.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2008, 05:43 PM
My neighbor is a pharmacist...and he says they know more about the drugs than the doctors.

Pharmacists always say that.

And they're usually correct.

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Mr. BucEyedPea: You will have to ask her how they determine interactions, if its built into their computer programs, or they do it by just looking.

And why you have to sign off that you were advised. It seems bogus to do if your not. I'm sure its a gov. reg. that most Pharmacies do, but really don't. Heck you would have every old man or old lady want to visit for hours if they had to speak to everyone

I would be interested to know what the regulations are.

More people die from prescription overdoses than Heroin and cocaine combined cc: ABC World News Tonight

Then the dumbasses show you how to get them on the internet without a prescription. Wonderful.

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I don't know if I agree totally with you about the M.D.'s level of knowledge. Perhaps it just depends on the person. My Dr. I love her to death and think the world of her. But when I went into the Medicare
D doughnut hole from hell I had to change all my meds due to a lack of monies to pay over $500 a month for the Oxy's.

I did some research on the internet, trying to find what was cheap and effective as I was taking Oxycodone and the withdrawal from Oxycontin to Oxycodone was just tearing me to pieces mentally and physically. I went through three month of hell, not caring if I lived or died and probably would have chosen the death option if I wasn't too much of a chickenshit to whack myself.

When I saw her after 3 months of this living hell, I asked her from my research, what about trying morphinesulfate and valium as both were cheap and I thought I could cover the pain and obvious depression I was in so deep.

She said o.k. lets try them and I've felt the best since she changed me over than I have felt in the past 6 years. Even better than when I was taking Oxycontin. It's been over 2 months now, I feared the change would be temporary but still have been feeling good. Pain still there, but it always will be, its just a matter of getting it dulled down enough to be functional.

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
mrfindthedr: I had gone through a period for several years, before Medicare D was available that we looked for the cheapest form of relief that was available. So it was not uncommon to seek medication strictly on the objective of affordability. I took Methadone for two years, which I commonly now refer to as my "Missing Years". Deadened the pain but also deadened my whole being. I was zombied out for two years. My wife would go with me to my appointments to describe my condition, it just wasn't the proper med for me as the side effects were disabilitating in themselves.

I would drive a vehicle and could fall asleep or go out with my eyes open. It completely destroyed my sex drive. I had trouble thinking and remembering simple things and tasks. But it was cheap and did mask the pain to where I didn't have to wake up at night screaming when moving into a position of excruciating pain. I've been through the usage of hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentyl (sp) patch and Oxycontin.

I'm not downgrading the medical profession at all. Like I said I love my Dr. and just think the world of her. I just think it took some time to find the right combination, you mentioned MSContin. That is the long acting prescription isn't it? I'm on the straight, short acting morphine sulfate, 15 mg 3 x 3 each day. Also 2 10mg Valium, although I have 1 extra as am prescribed 3x per day, but makes me too sleepy during the late afternoon time period.

Are you an M.D.? I by no means am being critical of the profession. I don't know how an M.D. can take it. A job I don't think I could handle and I admire and respect all of those who have chosen that path and were able to make it through the years and hoops required before getting the opportunity to practice on their own. I was merely pointing out that I suggested the medications that have seemed to turn my life around. Perhaps it was what she would have prescribed anyway, I don't know.

I do have trouble with specialists. A person finds out rather quickly that it is a very inexact science. I don't understand how two Doctors can review the same MRI and one say there is nothing wrong with you, and the other say well you've got a bulging disc at C5 above your cage and show significant deterioation below the cage. KU Med Center was a complete nightmare but that's another story.

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Mr. findthedr.: I appreciate your input and knowledge. You know so many people think everthing can be fixed by way of surgery or medication and it can't. Some things we just don't have the knowledge or research performed that will help with certain afflictions. It would be cool to see where the Medical field is 100 years from now. The advances have been incredible that have been made, but there's so much more to learn. Again thanks for your sharing.

ChiefaRoo
02-07-2008, 12:00 AM

I doubt that Ledger had any serious physical health issues. He was probably not happy with his life due to his divorce. Many actors are very high strung, emotionally sensitive people, it's what makes them good actors IMO.

Why would a physically healthy 28 year old guy need to take so many meds? I can see the Xanax for anxiety and sleeplessness but some of the other drugs he was taking were for a lot more than just depression or psychological reasons. I wonder how much of each he was taking before it became mortal? I don't know, but the media on this smells of a cover up to me. Most people who attempt suicide (Owen Wilson) don't plan it out, they just decide to do it in a quick moment. He may very well of said, "to hell with it" and loaded up on all the meds and then died.

HypnotizedMonkey
02-07-2008, 07:21 AM
everyone's gotta go somehow! why not be sedated? :)

stonedstooge
02-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Mr. Chiefaroo: I believe I read somewhere that Heath had injured his back during filming in one of his films, so his treatment could have been legit. However, I do agree that it seems to be a lot of meds for any type of physical pain problem. In my case, I've had trouble with my neck since I was in my teens. Had it operated on with a cage inserted in Dec. of 1998 and have had nothing but trouble since.

I'm just saying it could have been unintentional. I could reach down beside where I sit right now and take enough meds to be dead within an hour or two. And taking many of the meds he was taking, talking from experience, cause short-term memory loss. I could see not remembering having taken a dosage or not, I've had the same thing happen numerous times.

But dead is dead as someone else said. That's the horrible thing about taking the killers. They can kill everything. They killed my marriage, which I'm in the middle of a divorce from it right now, they can kill normal body functions and urges i.e. sex drive, they kill relationships with other loved ones. And they can kill you. A chance on has to take when taking the damn things long term.

When you don't have money, like the situation I was in for several years you look to find the cheapest killer available to try and cope with the pain. I took Methadone for almost 2 years and it was a horrible med for me. Heath had money and thus could afford the higher more potent forms of pain killers and thus, could have led to his own destruction.

beach tribe
02-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Junky. Dead. It happens everyday. I've lost some good friends to a lot of different substances.
I got bad enough to worry about tomorrow, but that seems like a lifetime ago.

Doctor. Drug dealer. Rich. Indifferent.

beach tribe
02-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm not a doctor, but I know that mixing drugs will KILL you. So do they, and should, most certainly, be held accountable.

jspchief
02-07-2008, 12:09 PM
As far as I can tell, the only thing Ledger did wrong was use more than one physician (and probably pharmacy too).

Whether or not that was intentional to facilitate abuse is speculative, but a possibility.

I have a close friend who is on a mix of drugs very similar to what Ledger was using. He was lucky enough to have a pharmacist that noticed the Diazepam and another drug that were a poor mix, and consulted the Dr before filling the script.

Sure-Oz
02-07-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm not a doctor, but I know that mixing drugs will KILL you. So do they, and should, most certainly, be held accountable.
does it take alot or just one time? I am pretty paranoid mixing things like nyquil and tylenol or whatever

stonedstooge
02-07-2008, 01:29 PM
I won't hardly take anything over the counter as I'm paranoid since I take similar meds that Heath Ledger took. I wouldn't do it unless approved by DR. or Pharmacist.

ChiefaRoo
02-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Mr. Chiefaroo: I believe I read somewhere that Heath had injured his back during filming in one of his films, so his treatment could have been legit. However, I do agree that it seems to be a lot of meds for any type of physical pain problem. In my case, I've had trouble with my neck since I was in my teens. Had it operated on with a cage inserted in Dec. of 1998 and have had nothing but trouble since.

I'm just saying it could have been unintentional. I could reach down beside where I sit right now and take enough meds to be dead within an hour or two. And taking many of the meds he was taking, talking from experience, cause short-term memory loss. I could see not remembering having taken a dosage or not, I've had the same thing happen numerous times.

But dead is dead as someone else said. That's the horrible thing about taking the killers. They can kill everything. They killed my marriage, which I'm in the middle of a divorce from it right now, they can kill normal body functions and urges i.e. sex drive, they kill relationships with other loved ones. And they can kill you. A chance on has to take when taking the damn things long term.

When you don't have money, like the situation I was in for several years you look to find the cheapest killer available to try and cope with the pain. I took Methadone for almost 2 years and it was a horrible med for me. Heath had money and thus could afford the higher more potent forms of pain killers and thus, could have led to his own destruction.

I understand where your coming from personally Stone but no one has ever said the guy had serious back/pain issues like you have had. Remember he was flying from the UK to NYC less than a week before and you certainly can't travel like that if you are in serious agony. Listen, I'm sorry the guy died. It's a waste of human potential. What I don't like is that no one in the entertainment media seems to want to learn the lesson from this. It's all tribute and tears and the reality of the situation (OD, clinical depression leading to suicide or just plain ignorance of the meds he was taking) is papered over. In other words his image is more important than the learning which could help some other kid.

stonedstooge
02-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Mr. Chiefaroo- I agree with you about Hollywood and "lessons learned". My God how many have to die to have the wallpapering removed? I about lost in when John Belushi died. And people knew what he was doing and did nothing about it. I see Brittany left the hospital yesterday and that big fracus is headed down the same road. They don't live life in reality. Just so sad to see young people die. But it happens every day, celebrity or not.

ChiefaRoo
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Mr. Chiefaroo- I agree with you about Hollywood and "lessons learned". My God how many have to die to have the wallpapering removed? I about lost in when John Belushi died. And people knew what he was doing and did nothing about it. I see Brittany left the hospital yesterday and that big fracus is headed down the same road. They don't live life in reality. Just so sad to see young people die. But it happens every day, celebrity or not.

Yep. The entertainment business is dangerous, besides Ledger

Janice Joplin
Jimi Hendrix
John Belushi
River Phoenix
Sam Kennison - Car wreck but he was an addict as well
Chris Farley
John Goodman - (j/k) :)
Anna Nicole Smith
Anna Nicoles son
Kurt Cobain

Current noted Addicts or alcoholics in Hollywood

Nick Nolte
Britney Spears
Lindsay Lohan
Mel Gibson
Liza Minelli
Courtney Love
The eight in enough guy who played Tommy but now lives in KC
Tiny E - Chello?

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of people. I'm guessing there is more addiction per capita in Hollywood than in the general population.

Rooster
02-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Yep. The entertainment business is dangerous, besides Ledger

Current noted Addicts or alcoholics in Hollywood

Courtney Love

How Courtney Love is still alive is beyond comprehension. I bet she is dead but she has so many drugs in her system her body just keeps going through the motions.