PDA

View Full Version : Discgolfers! KC Ice Bowl XXI Jan. 27th!

Fish
01-23-2008, 09:02 AM
http://www.kcfdc.org/uploaded_images/ib08colorsmall-763158.jpg

21st Annual KC Ice Bowl on January 27

First round tee-off no later than 10:30am

Ice Bowl XXI is a charitable fundraiser for the Bishop Sullivan Center and the FLHW Foundation. Last year we raised $3000. Our goal this year is not less than $3300.

*An Ice Bowl cannot be postponed because of the weather, and here are no excuses for not attending!

**Please bring food to share: chili (you’re automatically entered in the chili contest and could win the grand prize) veggies, side dishes, desserts, chips, etc. The KCFDC will provide beverages, plates, bowls, utensils, etc. Please note that electricity is limited at the Rosedale shelter and therefore, it would be prudent to bring a camp stove for your chili.

***Please bring prizes (they don’t have to be disc golf related) to donate to the CTP contest.
Top prize so far: Innova Traveler DISCatcher (retails for $125).
For more information, Rick at 816.471.3472 or rick@discgolfworld.com.

As the Ice Bowl is KC's largest annual event, we're not changing it up much—play with your own group the first round (when you can use all the mulligans you care to buy) and then a break for the chili feed (please bring chili) and the CTP contest. (Please bring prizes to donate or hit your favorite restaurant or store up for a gift certificate. Best prizes so far are a DISCatcher Traveler (retails for $125) and a $50 DGW gift certificate.) There will be a second nine holes for those who want to have a chance at winning a disc and of course, to get their name engraved on the Ice Bowl perpetual trophy. No mulligans allowed during the second round.

Visit http://www.kcfdc.org/ for more information.

Click HERE (http://icebowlhq.com/docs/kcice08registration.pdf) for the registration form.

RedDread
01-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Too bad it's not gonna be as cold as it has been...

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/64110?dayNum=4

wutamess
01-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Phisherman is all over this in 3... 2... 1...

Skip Towne
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Are carts available?

phisherman
01-23-2008, 09:17 AM
yes, i will be playing. i'm a proud member of the kcfdc and last year we had 212 people out; ours was the largest ice bowl in the country.

played last year, it got down to 16 degrees. just a bit chilly.

sorry skip, no carts, though most of the holes aren't over 300 feet long.

phisherman
01-23-2008, 09:18 AM
besides, seeing as the temp is supposed to be around 45, i'm guessing that rosedale will be a muddy mess. carts probably wouldn't do you much good.

phisherman
01-23-2008, 12:06 PM
bump...

come out and huk some discs for charity!

Fish
01-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Bump.......

Demonpenz
01-24-2008, 04:03 PM
If there were carts i would be in.

phisherman
01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
the combined length of the course we're playing is just a little over one mile.

i'm not exactly svelte and thin, but walking that course is a piece of cake. bring your beers too, coolers are recommended. the kcfdc has an agreement w/ the parks that we can have open containers as long as we don't have glass bottles.

Skip Towne
01-24-2008, 04:29 PM
I could probably walk the course but I need a cart to haul the beer.

QuikSsurfer
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
i'll be there

Fish
01-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Honestly folks... no need for a cart. It's a nice easy walk.

And you can bring your own booze. If you're worried about carrying it, a cheap golf pull-cart works well for carrying your cooler and discs.

And if anyone is interested in playing, but doesn't have any discs, please let me know and I'll give you some discs to get started with. Hell I'll let you borrow a discgolf bag as well if that would make it easier.

This is a really fun time folks. And for a good cause. Great opportunity to get to know the game and the KC discgolf community.

There's no football on, so get your asses out there and throw some disc.

phisherman
01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
i can also provide some discs for players if they need them

i've only got about 200 spares in my basement; hey, you never know when you'll need a backup teebird, eagle, wraith, valkyrie, roc, wizard, predator, challenger, oh, you get the point

rtmike
01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
I remember when living back in Hays, Ks. 20 or so years ago. They put a course in at the Parks. There was a bench we would sit on and smoke a J between holes. We'd stash roaches and they would still be there next time we played. I always enjoyed throwing the pie around.

My buddy lives in Olathe and is a Chief fan, surprised if he doesn't show up. Last time we talked he was traveling to disc tournaments.

phisherman
01-24-2008, 07:42 PM
that course in hays is still there, and it's a pretty nice park

NewChief
01-25-2008, 05:28 PM
KC Fish:

Do you know Fish from Fayetteville, AR who plays disc golf?

Fish
01-25-2008, 05:32 PM
KC Fish:

Do you know Fish from Fayetteville, AR who plays disc golf?

I'm afraid not. I didn't know there were that many Fish discgolfers...