PDA

View Full Version : Al Saunders..

Joe Seahawk
01-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Why would Jim Zorn be interviewing for the redskins OC position.. Either Al Saunders in in hot water or he's going to be the head coach..

Interesting, I was Hoping Jim would stay here and be Mora's OC in '09

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/01/jim_zorn.html?nav=rss_blog

The Bad Guy
01-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Fassell is going to be the HC. I think Saunders sleeps with owners wives. He gets passed over more than the fat kid in dodgeball.

FAX
01-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Hmmmm. You know, when you think about it, Saunders as HC and Zorn as OC might be a heck of a combination. I always liked Zorn when you guys were in a decent conference.

I thought they were hiring Fassel, though.

FAX

BigRock
01-23-2008, 05:46 PM
They're interviewing people and he hasn't even been fired yet? That's a kick in the beans.

Joe Seahawk
01-23-2008, 05:47 PM
They're interviewing people and he hasn't even been fired yet? That's a kick in the beans.

No kidding Right? :doh!: I kinda thought Al Saunders was a hot commodity.. He should go to the Ravens..

Deberg_1990
01-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Fassell is going to be the HC. I think Saunders sleeps with owners wives. He gets passed over more than the fat kid in dodgeball.

Yea, no kidding.

There is something deeper there. He really rubs GM's the wrong way.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Saunders isn't going to work for Fassell. He's made it clear that Gibbs was the only coach in the league "he had enough respect for to work under." Jesus has left the building.

Phobia
01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Al Saunders has a flatulence problem. Nobody is going to hire a farting head coach except for maybe Paul Allen.

chief52
01-23-2008, 06:21 PM
No kidding Right? :doh!: I kinda thought Al Saunders was a hot commodity.. He should go to the Ravens..

The Ravens already have Cameron. Harbaugh worked for Cameron at Indiana I believe.

Joe Seahawk
01-23-2008, 06:51 PM
The Ravens already have Cameron. Harbaugh worked for Cameron at Indiana I believe.

Oh yeah.. I just mentioned the Ravens because they have a shitty offense.. Who else has a shitty offense? hmmm :hmmm: let me think.. :hmmm:

Hammock Parties
01-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Al Saunders has a flatulence problem. Nobody is going to hire a farting head coach except for maybe Paul Allen.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

kcxiv
01-23-2008, 07:17 PM
I would take Al over Herm ****ing Edwards.

dallaschiefsfan
01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Not that it would happen in a million years...but if Al didn't get an OC gig this offseason, it would be nice to slide him in as WR coach, move Price to QB coach and move Curl to Arrowhead food services.

Frazod
01-23-2008, 08:03 PM

I think everyone here would. Too bad Carl won't. :banghead:

rtmike
01-23-2008, 09:07 PM
That's gotta be tough for the offense @ Washington. What is that, like 6 new systems in 7 years?
Snyder can't leave well enough alone, always changing shit around.

milkman
01-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Not that it would happen in a million years...but if Al didn't get an OC gig this offseason, it would be nice to slide him in as WR coach, move Price to QB coach and move Curl to Arrowhead food services.

So what have you got against "real" fans?

Deberg_1990
01-23-2008, 09:17 PM
That's gotta be tough for the offense @ Washington. What is that, like 6 new systems in 7 years?

Gibbs actually had a decent run there. They might have been even better next year? Too bad for Skins fans he didnt stay.

Deberg_1990
01-23-2008, 09:19 PM

With the success Al has had as on OC, i highly doubt he will ever take a demotion to a position coach.

Psyko Tek
01-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Couldn't you see him coming to Sandy Eggo and rubbin' carls nose in it twice a year

doomy3
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM

Of course you would. And there are so many teams fighting over his services that it would be really tough. People like John Harbough are getting Head Coaching jobs after being a secondary coach on a mediocre secondary. Saunders can't even keep an OC job. What does that tell you?

doomy3
01-23-2008, 10:07 PM
With the success Al has had as on OC, i highly doubt he will ever take a demotion to a position coach.

He has not been good since he didn't have a hall of fame OLine. A la Solari.

JBucc
01-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah.. I just mentioned the Ravens because they have a shitty offense.. Who else has a shitty offense? hmmm :hmmm: let me think.. :hmmm:Oh yeah! Well, your QB is bald! HA!

RibKing67
01-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Yea maybe he could bring back Jimmy Raye and Greg Robinson and we could all re live old wahed up never has been names and go no f ing nowhere!! Great.

chief52
01-23-2008, 10:23 PM

Yes, Snyder and his yes man Vinny Cerrato. He has done nothing for them either...

doomy3
01-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes, Snyder and his yes man Vinny Cerrato. He has done nothing for them either...

But many on this board think Snyder is great because apparently Snyder really wants to win and CP just doesn't care about winning. I think that's hilarious.

Has CP done a good job? No
Should CP be fired? Yes
Does CP want to field a winning team? Of course he does.

chief52
01-23-2008, 11:05 PM
But many on this board think Snyder is great because apparently Snyder really wants to win and CP just doesn't care about winning. I think that's hilarious.

Has CP done a good job? No
Should CP be fired? Yes
Does CP want to field a winning team? Of course he does.

Could not agree more...he wants to win as much as anyone. Just has not been able to pull it off.

Bob Dole
01-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Umm... Al Saunders hasn't been the Offensive Coordinator for the Redskins. His title is Associate Head Coach - Offense.

chief52
01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Umm... Al Saunders hasn't been the Offensive Coordinator for the Redskins. His title is Associate Head Coach - Offense.

And Gregg Williams has been titled as the Asst. Coach - Defense. So basically, Saunders is the Offensive Coordinator and Williams is the Defensive Coordinator.

Bob Dole
01-24-2008, 09:02 AM
And Gregg Williams has been titled as the Asst. Coach - Defense. So basically, Saunders is the Offensive Coordinator and Williams is the Defensive Coordinator.

So Don Breaux, whose title is "Offensive Coordinator" isn't really the Offensive Coordinator.

Okay then.

Joe Seahawk
01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
So Don Breaux, whose title is "Offensive Coordinator" isn't really the Offensive Coordinator.

Okay then.

nope

Chiefs_5627
01-24-2008, 09:47 AM
nope

Wiki says:

Donald Carl Breaux (born August 3, 1940) is a former American Football League player and is the current Offensive Coordinator for the Washington Redskins. This is his second stint under head coach Joe Gibbs and with the team.

MOhillbilly
01-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Wiki says:

Donald Carl Breaux (born August 3, 1940) is a former American Football League player and is the current Offensive Coordinator for the Washington Redskins. This is his second stint under head coach Joe Gibbs and with the team.

saunders ran the O and called all the shots.

acesn8s
01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Couldn't you see him coming to Sandy Eggo and rubbin' carls nose in it twice a yearWasn't he the head coach there once?

TEX
01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Of course you would. And there are so many teams fighting over his services that it would be really tough. People like John Harbough are getting Head Coaching jobs after being a secondary coach on a mediocre secondary. Saunders can't even keep an OC job. What does that tell you?

It tells me that the players in Washington were too dumb to learn the offense. Saunders was told to "simplify " the offense this season. BTW, how many teams were fighting over Herm? How many teams actually gave up a draft pick to get him? LMAO

doomy3
01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
It tells me that the players in Washington were too dumb to learn the offense. Saunders was told to "simplify " the offense this season. BTW, how many teams were fighting over Herm? How many teams actually gave up a draft pick to get him? LMAO

Herm wasn't available. Had Herm been on the open market like Saunders has been a few times, he would have had quite a few teams wanting to sign him. There is no doubt about that.

ChiefsCountry
01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Wasn't he the head coach there once?

Yep and his career record 17-22. And he has a worse winning percentage than the Hermnator.

Chiefs_5627
01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
saunders ran the O and called all the shots.

Perhaps but he didnt have the official title of OC is all im saying. :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2008, 12:26 AM
I think that one night in late 1988, Al Saunders teabagged former commissioner Paul Tagliabue while at an NFL meeting.

As result, Al Saunders has been secretly blacklisted from becoming a head coach in the NFL.

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2008, 12:33 AM
I think that one night in late 1988, Al Saunders teabagged former commissioner Paul Tagliabue while at an NFL meeting.

As result, Al Saunders has been secretly blacklisted from becoming a head coach in the NFL.

Maybe its bc he wasnt that good of a head coach with the Chargers.

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Maybe its bc he wasnt that good of a head coach with the Chargers.

Give me a freakin' break.

The guy was the architect of the Chiefs top ten offense for five straight years. When he was forced into the Chargers top spot, they were a freakin' mess that didn't win for another 6 years after his departure. He was making in excess of $1 million per year as the OC of the Redskins.

Clearly, there's something that's blocking him from becoming a head coach, somewhere.

Jim Jones
01-25-2008, 12:40 AM
maybe he's just not a good interview. some guys, as brilliant as they may be at Xs and Os, have a hard time conveying that during an interview.

Chiefs_5627
01-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Give me a freakin' break.

The guy was the architect of the Chiefs top ten offense for five straight years. When he was forced into the Chargers top spot, they were a freakin' mess that didn't win for another 6 years after his departure. He was making in excess of $1 million per year as the OC of the Redskins.

Clearly, there's something that's blocking him from becoming a head coach, somewhere.

I think a lot of it has to do with his billion page playbook. You need a special QB to not only learn but carry out such a heavy load and there's only a few QBs in the league that could muster it right now imo, and those QBs are on winning teams. Hard to hand a young guy such a big time learning curve.

BigRock
01-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Looks like Al is done:

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/2008/01/zorn_hired_david_elfin.html

We're hearing that Seahawks quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn has agreed to a three-year deal to be the Redskins' offensive coordinator. That means that associate head coach Al Saunders is a goner for sure.

bowener
01-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Maybe Al can work for Al Davis when he boots Kiffin.

MOhillbilly
01-25-2008, 05:31 PM
i think part of it was that the powers that be didnt think he could develop a young QB.