PDA

View Full Version : Update, I have surgery scheduled for Monday.

ROYC75
01-24-2008, 07:04 PM
WOW, :eek:talking about painful, they got me in there at 2:30 PM, released me at 9:30 PM. My goodness, I feel like I was wacked in the gut and crotch with a ball bat.

GOOD NEWS ! The doctor told me that if she was a betting woman, I had about a 5% chance of this coming off OK, puting in the stents on both kidneys. She was pretty much prepaired to do the tube in the back with a drainage tube and bag. Got lucky, she said it was tough but was able to pull it off. Hurts like hell to sit up now and piss, I'm not going to stay on here too long.

Now we get to wait for awhile to figure how to get them out!:huh:

Thanks all for the support ,prayers and wishes......... Means alot to the big guy upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the 9th of Jan, I awoke to a rather large pain that reminded me of kidney stones. When I went to piss, there it was, dark black cherry piss.

Took my usual kidney meds, drank alot of water hoping to pass this bitch, but never did. I finally went to the hospital on the 12th and they told me I had a kidney infection along with 4 stones, 3 on the left and 1 whopper on the right. The smaller ones can pass, the one is 15 cm.

Went to an urologist on Tuesday the 15th when she broke the bad news about how big it was and how serious it was. It is lodged in the opening of the kidney and the ureter tube. After having a heart attack, they needed some time to figure out how to attack this new found problem I have.

Went back to the doctor's office today 01/24, both of them and done my pre-op work.Dr Mufti, my heart doctor will not sign off on the blood thinners and some of the meds for the fear of the stent coming loose and me having a massive heart attack. This can be a serious problem if things don't go well with the surgery on Monday. He was really not wanting to sign off on the 2 day layoff just for this procedure Monday, but as long as I get the it back into my blood stream by Monday afternoon, I should be OK.

Maybe some good news, I felt some pain in my right kidney this past week, this tells Dr D'Amico that the kidney is not dead, but hasn't ruled out the possibility of some damage to it.

Now for Monday,they are going to go in a try to install a stent on each side, in the ureter tube. It runs fron the bladder to the kidney and the plan is to use it to open the passage of the blocked right kidney stone at the opening of the ureter tube and the kidney. If this works, I will have to have the stent replaced every 3 months or until the doctor will sign off of the blood thinners long enough to do the removal of the stones. He isn't willing to sign off on that unless it's a life or death situation. This could well be at least a year and could be longer, which means I will have these bad puppies for sometime. The removal of the stones can cause alot of bleeding from the blood thinners. I will have to come in for regular tuneup ( not an oil change ) , just like a car, every 3 months or 15,000 trips to the bathroom .

Now if the stent doesn't work ? They want to go thru the backside with a drainage tube into the kidney, meaning I will wear a bag. Again, same thing, it could be a year or more before they come out. The next problem is if they will even install the tube due to the blood thinners I am on. There is some concern of the kidney bleeding too much during this procedure.

I don't know what the next course of action would consist of. The assistant I spoke with today said it was just bad luck this happen so close to the heart attack that it does produce alot of complications.

Either way, it appears I get to keep these little boogers for awhile, either way they choose to go with the opening of the right kidney.

One doctor is afraid of losing the heart, the other is afraid of losing a kidney. Me ? I'm just stuck in limbo and wanting some relief of pain and stress of it all.

I do not know what time the surgery is on Monday, they will call us sometime on Friday to tell us. If all goes well with the stent ( keeping fingers crossed ), I will be home Monday afternoon. If they are able to do the tube into the kidney with a drainage bag, I will probally spend a night in the hospital and goe thru this same procedure every 3 months.

Again, if this doesn't take care of it, I'm not sure what the next step is .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE ON THE SURGERY

2:00 PM I have to check in at 11:30 am for the setup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

madshaw16
01-24-2008, 07:09 PM
I work for a company that rents lasers to doctors and hospitals. I'm in surgery for kidney stones at least once a week. All I know is that I don't ever want to get one. Good luck with that.

Buck
01-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Good Luck Roy

Groves
01-24-2008, 07:20 PM
ouch, and bummer. Getting pinched between two medical needs is no fun.

I say go with your heart on this one.

Sfeihc
01-24-2008, 07:26 PM
good luck and here's to a speedy recovery, ROYC.

kstater
01-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Good luck Roy. Hope it turns out well.

bogey
01-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Bummer. I hope everything works out for the best. Hang in there.

BigVE
01-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Good luck to you bro. Whew.

Otter
01-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Give 'em hell Roy, when you get back check in and let us know how you're doing.

Eleazar
01-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Good luck man, I'm sure CP will be thinking about you. (Chiefsplanet...probably not Carl Peterson)

mikey23545
01-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Good luck, you tough old coot.

God knows you have had your share of misfortune.

pr_capone
01-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Jeez.... best of luck with that Roy.

Extra Point
01-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Like the quiet Beatle once said:

"All Things Must Pass"

Skip Towne
01-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Damn Roy! I thought they had a machine that would smash kidney stones into a million pieces. Where do they come from anyhow?

philfree
01-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Bummer Dude! How does this effect your draft status?

PhilFree:arrow:

ROYC75
01-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Damn Roy! I thought they had a machine that would smash kidney stones into a million pieces. Where do they come from anyhow?

They do, they actually have several ways to break them up now. The SWL ( Shock Wave Lithotripsy ) is the one you are probally thinking of. But sometimes server bruising can happen and with me being on blood thinners, they can't do that until I'm off of them, which could be at least a year. I still have two smaller arterys that have 50% blockage, so the heart doctor doesn't want to take any chance with that.

Alot of stones are uric acid stones, too much uric acid in the urine. A high meat diet causes alot of these.

Some are cystine stones, too much cystine in the urine, caused too much amino acids.

Most stones are a calcium oxalates, they get very hard.

ROYC75
01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Telling ya, it's no fun. When it gets too bad, I reach for the morphine tabs they gave me, I hate to take them, but when relief is needed, you do what ya have to do.

Fish
01-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Slap a nurse on the butt for good luck.....

Prayers sent your way buddy. Hang in there.

JohninGpt
01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
I hope they finish your surgery before TU24 slams into Earth on Monday. Something like that may distract your doctor.

ROYC75
01-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Slap a nurse on the butt for good luck.....

Prayers sent your way buddy. Hang in there.

The female doctor wasn't bad at all, nothing hot, but probally early 30's, nice rack, maybe 140 #. She had a good personality and played right along with the joke as she examined me.

Doc : OK, stand up and drop em, I need to examine you.
Me : Right here, with an audience ? OK, guess she has a front row ticket ( speaking about the nurse, who was probally older and 50 lbs heavier )
Nurse : Laughing, this isn't my 1st viewing .
Doc : I'm sorry, I know this is our 1st date, try to understand, I'm in charge here.
Me : Finger away, do as you please.......

Then she tells me to turn around and bend over the table.

Me: What, you want to violate me ?
Doc : Yep, you get it all on the 1st date.

On goes the jell and :eek:, it happened, she did me, damn ! OK, That was enough for me since it's exit only, ya know. But when she pressed on that prostrate, :eek: :eek: , Damn, that f***ing hurt. It was enlarged a bit and slightly infected. Off comes the glove .......

Doc : Here, this is for you ( handing me a box of tissues )
Me: What's this for, I don't need to blow my nose.
Doc: It's for you to clean up, back there
Me: What, You do it, you made the mess, not me
Doc : laughing, (looks at my wife who was in there the whole time ) Is he always like this ?
Wife : Oh Yes, he is a clown ( laughing )
Me : I turned to my wife and say, Honey, If you have ever had any ideas about plugging my ass with any sex toy, forget it, it ain't happening.

ROYC75
01-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Bummer Dude! How does this effect your draft status?

PhilFree:arrow:

I have been advised to stay in school another year . :D

Bugeater
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Hope all goes well for you Roy. :thumb:

cdcox
01-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I sincerely hope the 15 cm (about 6 inches) kindey stone was a typo.

Good luck, prayers, and get well soon.

Phobia
01-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Uh - thanks for the step by step account of the anal violation. That was a joy.

But anyway, it was nice knowing you. At least III and his little one will carry on the family name.

Best wishes bud.

SPchief
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
The female doctor wasn't bad at all, nothing hot, but probally early 30's, nice rack, maybe 140 #. She had a good personality and played right along with the joke as she examined me.

Doc : OK, stand up and drop em, I need to examine you.
Me : Right here, with an audience ? OK, guess she has a front row ticket ( speaking about the nurse, who was probally older and 50 lbs heavier )
Nurse : Laughing, this isn't my 1st viewing .
Doc : I'm sorry, I know this is our 1st date, try to understand, I'm in charge here.
Me : Finger away, do as you please.......

Then she tells me to turn around and bend over the table.

Me: What, you want to violate me ?
Doc : Yep, you get it all on the 1st date.

On goes the jell and :eek:, it happened, she did me, damn ! OK, That was enough for me since it's exit only, ya know. But when she pressed on that prostrate, :eek: :eek: , Damn, that f***ing hurt. It was enlarged a bit and slightly infected. Off comes the glove .......

Doc : Here, this is for you ( handing me a box of tissues )
Me: What's this for, I don't need to blow my nose.
Doc: It's for you to clean up, back there
Me: What, You do it, you made the mess, not me
Doc : laughing, (looks at my wife who was in there the whole time ) Is he always like this ?
Wife : Oh Yes, he is a clown ( laughing )
Me : I turned to my wife and say, Honey, If you have ever had any ideas about plugging my ass with any sex toy, forget it, it ain't happening.

LMAO

Mr. Kotter
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Best wishes, Roy. We'll keep you and yours in our thoughts at Watertown, and "in the tourney."

alanm
01-25-2008, 01:44 AM
Sorry to hear all this Roy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
As for the stress and worry, Let go and let God.
Keep the faith.

Logical
01-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Wow sorry to hear of all your health problems Roy. My best to you.

Mr. Plow
01-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Sorry to hear about all this Roy. Good luck with the surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers.

BigRedChief
01-25-2008, 09:16 AM

What he said. You need anything just holla.

ROYC75
01-25-2008, 09:56 AM

I thought she said cm, maybe it's mm ? She said it was a whopper and that it can not pass on it's own. It's lodged at the kidney & ureter tube, she thinks it's sucked in their .

Here's a pic of where it's at ..... ( not my pic, just an image )
http://d.yimg.com/origin1.lifestyles.yahoo.com/ls/he/healthwise/nr55552040.jpg

Reerun_KC
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Dude been there done that! I wish you the best, I know it is painful and I wouldnt wish it on anyone...

15MM? YOU have to be kidding? That would be like trying to pass a watermelon full of razor blades!

I had the surgery where they break them up and you piss a sandbox for a couple of weeks.

Well I am kidney stone free as of now..

Prays to you buddy.

Frazod
01-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Best of luck, Roy.

Are you sure you don't want the shirt back? :D

Bwana
01-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Good luck Roy, I know you will come out of it like a champ! :thumb:

ROYC75
01-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Dude been there done that! I wish you the best, I know it is painful and I wouldnt wish it on anyone...

15MM? YOU have to be kidding? That would be like trying to pass a watermelon full of razor blades!

I had the surgery where they break them up and you piss a sandbox for a couple of weeks.

Well I am kidney stone free as of now..

Prays to you buddy.

OK, No watermelons here, but how ever they measure those basturds, it's 15 something ....... :D

Reerun_KC
01-25-2008, 10:13 AM
OK, No watermelons here, but how ever they measure those basturds, it's 15 something ....... :D
IT is in MM... I passed a 4mm stone one time and I thought I was going to die!... I looked like a sand spur or a BB from hell... Holy crap.. When those are coming down the ureter tube, all you can do is just cry and puke.

So if you have a 15MM you cant possible pass that... The need to break it up with liptotripsy (spelling) into tiny little pieces so you can just wizz them out.

ROYC75
01-25-2008, 10:26 AM
IT is in MM... I passed a 4mm stone one time and I thought I was going to die!... I looked like a sand spur or a BB from hell... Holy crap.. When those are coming down the ureter tube, all you can do is just cry and puke.

So if you have a 15MM you cant possible pass that... The need to break it up with liptotripsy (spelling) into tiny little pieces so you can just wizz them out.

That's the game plan, the big on is 15, they have to get it freed up away from the ureter tube opening so that kidney can drain.

I have a few others, 1@ 3-4, 1 @ 4-5 in the left kidney and 1@ 3 in my bladder .

I passed some before, the very 1st one in 1997, I thought I was going to die. :eek: Ripped me open and I bleed like a pig with it's throat cut open. I'll never forget that pain, NEVER !

In 2003, I passed a smaller one that looked like a sand bur ...... damn thing was like the spiked punk basturd from hell !

ROYC75
01-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Best of luck, Roy.

Are you sure you don't want the shirt back? :D

:cuss: No ******* way, you keep that evil cloth.

Frazod
01-25-2008, 10:30 AM
:cuss: No ******* way, you keep that evil cloth.

Dude, your body has basically imploded since you sent it to me. I think it's a good luck charm for you.

I'll be sure to wear it on Monday and think of you. :)

ClevelandBronco
01-25-2008, 10:33 AM
It's been a rough couple of months for you. I'm sorry to hear it. I'll be ramping the prayers back up.

RJ
01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Best of luck to you Roy. We'll luck forward to seeing you back on the board by Tuesday. :thumb:

38yrsfan
01-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Prayers and good luck wishes for you ....

ROYC75
01-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Anybody here had this done before ? I have had the scope up the penis, hurt like hell, but this procedure is much longer. No way I'm going thru it without being put to sleep.

Buehler445
01-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Holy cow, big man. Sorry to hear all this. I'll send a prayer your way.

As to which organ to say F-U to, I'd probably choose kidneys. They are a lot easier to get by without than the heart. My grandpa has dialysis 3 times per week and has for 10 years.

Just be sure you do what the drs. say! Best of luck man!!

Groves
01-27-2008, 07:05 PM
I've had numerous stones, but only recently have they been large enough to require a doctors assistance.

If they're going to blast the large stone using sound waves, you'll love it. For sure, they gots to go up the pipe, but you'll be "under" enough not to know, even if not technically so.

The stint I had was temporary, but it was irritating as all get out. The stones themselves are cake after they get blasted. Those smaller ones may be too small to blast effectively.

The blasting will unfortunately also give you what amounts to some kidney punches, so you'll do a lot of "yellow and red make orange" type of peeing for a short while.

Getting that stint out was a very very happy day.

I don't think the stones or stone fragments actually cause any pain other than the pain of pressure via blocking a passageway. Yes, they look like crystal sandburs (not the drink), but the only pain those organs can feel is from pressure.

But believe me, no matter how it's caused, it's some serious pain. I've got my own little film cannister "maraca" to show that I know what you're talking about.

Man up, waltz in like you own the place, be nice to the staff, and don't let cell pictures of your penis tatoo make it back to your mother.

ROYC75
01-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I've had numerous stones, but only recently have they been large enough to require a doctors assistance.

If they're going to blast the large stone using sound waves, you'll love it. For sure, they gots to go up the pipe, but you'll be "under" enough not to know, even if not technically so.

The stint I had was temporary, but it was irritating as all get out. The stones themselves are cake after they get blasted. Those smaller ones may be too small to blast effectively.

The blasting will unfortunately also give you what amounts to some kidney punches, so you'll do a lot of "yellow and red make orange" type of peeing for a short while.

Getting that stint out was a very very happy day.

I don't think the stones or stone fragments actually cause any pain other than the pain of pressure via blocking a passageway. Yes, they look like crystal sandburs (not the drink), but the only pain those organs can feel is from pressure.

But believe me, no matter how it's caused, it's some serious pain. I've got my own little film cannister "maraca" to show that I know what you're talking about.

Man up, waltz in like you own the place, be nice to the staff, and don't let cell pictures of your penis tatoo make it back to your mother.

I've had that scope done once, NO FUN AT ALL ! My stones are a little more complicated than just having them busted up and pissing them out.

I wish it were that easy...... will know alot more tomorrow night.

RJ
01-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Hang in there Roy. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Groves
01-27-2008, 09:52 PM
I've had the "we need to push it *back* up the tube before we can blow it up", too.

We'll be praying for ya.

Simplex3
01-27-2008, 10:25 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. Good luck. Remember, the faster you get out of a hospital the more likely you are to survive.

ROYC75
01-28-2008, 10:01 AM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. Good luck. Remember, the faster you get out of a hospital the more likely you are to survive.

ROFL This is true......... well, catch ya all later, I'm off to see the wizard, No wait, the doctor. :huh:

Lzen
01-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Prayers for you, Roy.

All you guys with the kidney stones, I have a question. Do you guys ever drink water? Or is it just mostly pop?

Groves
01-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Some people's stones are caused by dehydration, others by too much calcium, others by pop/coffee/tea.

I drink lots of water here, but that hasn't stopped the little darlings. The ACLU can stand down, too, because my body doesn't discriminate, producing stones from either side.

I do drink some pop, too, but no coffee. I tried going off all caffeine for a while...and my stones, which had traditionally just passed through and added themselves to the maraca, suddenly decided to get less frequent, but LARGER. I do not prefer this hell.

Let's just say that I no longer avoid caffeine.

Actually, I think it's actually been almost two years since my last stone. My longest stretch ever since 1993. I've been here a little over a year. Coincidence?

ClevelandBronco
01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
When do we hear from Roy?

luv
01-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Hope you're recuping.

Stinger
01-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Hope everything went ok. Get well soon Roy.

Eleazar
01-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah, let us know when you're up and around again, Roy.

boogblaster
01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
GWS.. hope ur OK ...

ROYC75
01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
WOW, :eek:talking about painful, they got me in there at 2:30 PM, released me at 9:30 PM. My goodness, I feel like I was wacked in the gut and crotch with a ball bat.

GOOD NEWS ! The doctor told me that if she was a betting woman, I had about a 5% chance of this coming off OK, puting in the stents on both kidneys. She was pretty much prepaired to do the tube in the back with a drainage tube and bag. Got lucky, she said it was tough but was able to pull it off. Hurts like hell to sit up now and piss, I'm not going to stay on here too long.

Thanks all for the support ,prayers and wishes......... Means alot to the big guy upstairs.

Bob Dole
01-29-2008, 11:12 AM

Good to see you're still kickin', Roy.

stonedstooge
01-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Good luck as you recoup. Stay out of pissing matches for at least 2 months is my recommendation

Skip Towne
01-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Good to see you back Roy.

bogey
01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Stay strong Roy.

JohninGpt
01-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Glad the surgery went well, I hope you feel better soon.

Groves
01-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Great news! Thanks for the update.

go bo
01-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Prayers for you, Roy.

All you guys with the kidney stones, I have a question. Do you guys ever drink water? Or is it just mostly pop?water?

since i've been drinking lots of water (up to a gallon a day or more) i haven't had anymore stones...

last one i had was in the early 1980's...

no fun at all...

Coogs
01-29-2008, 02:19 PM
The doctor told me that if she was a betting woman,

This thread is completely worthless without pic's! ;)

Glad you are on the mend! :thumb:

ROYC75
01-29-2008, 02:54 PM
This thread is completely worthless without pic's! ;)

Glad you are on the mend! :thumb:

OK, you asked for it, this pic does her no justice, she is alot prettier in person.http://www.theurologygroup.cc/images/doctors/10.jpg

Frazod
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Glad you're doing better, Roy.

I'm still willing to send the shirt, though. :evil:

ROYC75
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Glad you're doing better, Roy.

I'm still willing to send the shirt, though. :evil:

BURN IT !

TEX
01-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Man, you're one TOUGH son of a gun - wish you the best!

Simplex3
01-29-2008, 06:24 PM

Was the doc hot?

ROYC75
01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Was the doc hot?

Meh, wasn't bad, the pic does her no justice, she is better looking in person. Her bedside mannors are humorus, we got along just fine.

Simplex3
01-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Meh, wasn't bad, the pic does her no justice, she is better looking in person. Her bedside mannors are humorus, we got along just fine.
So did you hit it?

ROYC75
01-29-2008, 06:50 PM
So did you hit it?

No ...... kinda wasn't feeling that urge, ya know. I guess you missed the 1st thread where she examined / violated me.

She says we have had 2 dates now....... I told her the next on is Feb. 13th, she not getting any flowers or chocolates. Both dam times she violated me and made me feel like shit afterwards.

Bad date in her office ! :D

Simplex3
01-29-2008, 07:09 PM
No ...... kinda wasn't feeling that urge, ya know. I guess you missed the 1st thread where she examined / violated me.

She says we have had 2 dates now....... I told her the next on is Feb. 13th, she not getting any flowers or chocolates. Both dam times she violated me and made me feel like shit afterwards.

Bad date in her office ! :D
Dude, being violated on the first AND second dates sounds like a dream come true.

:shrug:

I think you just need to look at this a different way. You meet a good looking chick, she grabs your junk the first time she meets you, etc.

Cntrygal
01-29-2008, 07:47 PM
WOW!

Glad things are going okay Roy!

CoMoChief
01-29-2008, 08:09 PM
I passed a kidney stone once and it hurt so bad I almost wanted to chop off my cock.