PDA

View Full Version : Davis' meddling hurting Raiders

Hammock Parties
01-26-2008, 11:34 PM
http://www.modbee.com/columnists/agostini/story/192075.html

Why are the Raiders 19-61 since 2002, you ask? Because Al Davis wants to dominate -- his team, not necessarily the NFL.

Davis to Lane Kiffin: You can stay as coach, but your office has been relocated across the street. We'll call if we need you.

About Kiffin's take this week that everything is rosy and cheery between him and Rob Ryan: Never mind.

It must be Super Bowl "dead week" when the talking points are the Brady baby, the Brady boot and the Brady bouquet.

Tom Brady can't win. He's even been accused of throwing the football that swelled Marcia's nose, and so what if he wasn't yet born.

For the record, Peter zonked Marcia.

All you need to know about Brady's ankle: A herd of rampaging elephants won't keep him off the field next Sunday.

First Peyton, now Eli in the Super Bowl: Archie Manning's revenge.

For all his brilliance and impact on the NFL, Brett Favre showed -- with his final pass Sunday -- why his teams have won only one Super Bowl.

Remembering the man who dedicated his life to Ceres youth baseball: the late George Costa.

My idea of a 49er fantasy: The Seahawks' Mike Holmgren finishes his coaching duties next season, then jumps into the 49ers' front office.

Modesto Metro Conference football teams never have won a playoff game on the field, but: They reside in a school district that never would fire a coach for losing the section final (Clovis West's Marty Martin).

Jim Brown called out Tiger Woods for not reacting more harshly to Kelly Tilghman's "lynch" phrase. Brown doesn't get it. Woods is too busy setting records to be the next Al Sharpton.

Tilghman is not a racist. She can be demolition-derby glib.

It starts in Motown: The Canadian Tour's return to Del Rio CC in April will kick off the circuit's 18-tournament 2008 schedule.

The Miami Heat has lost 15 in a row. Back to the boardroom, Pat Riley.

Pranksters are breaking into conference calls featuring college basketball coaches. The solution: Have the jerks report to Bob Knight.

No. 2 Kansas trots out Sasha Kaun. Rhymes with Chaka Kahn.

The Warriors are considering a Don Nelson-Chris Webber reunion while their fan base screams, "Nooooooooooo!"

The Buccaneers' Mike Alstott retired and closed a 12-year career. No more "Alstott up the gut!"

The Saint Mary's Gaels feature forward Ian O'Leary, whose father is Ripon High graduate Mike O'Leary. His grandfather is former Ripon Unified Superintendent Joe O'Leary.

Fun to watch 24-7: Monta Ellis, Golden State.

It took a Roger Federer loss in the Australian Open semifinals to appreciate his incredible run (10 consecutive Grand Slam finals).

The Giants' Peter Magowan and Brian Sabean are trapped between Congress and the Mitchell Report -- the ultimate BALCO sandwich.

The NFL didn't get its Patriots-Favre Super Bowl, but Patriots-New York will suffice.

To Kiffin: Preserve your sanity. Let Davis win, which means you win because you've escaped.

Kiffin's new hero: Jon Gruden.

The end game: Davis, standing tall and alone amid the embers and ashes of his once-great franchise.

Hammock Parties
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Yikes. I didn't realize how awful this was before I posted it. My apologies. That was almost unreadable.

L.A. Chieffan
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm happy with Davis

The Bad Guy
01-26-2008, 11:46 PM
Yikes. I didn't realize how awful this was before I posted it. My apologies. That was almost unreadable.

Like posting unreadable things has stopped you in the past.

chagrin
01-27-2008, 12:13 AM
This is one of the worst articles ever thrown together, who wrote this garbage?

SPchief
01-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Like posting unreadable things has stopped you in the past.

BREAKING NEWS, WE HAVE INSIDER INFO THAT THE CHIEFS MIGHT DO SOMETHING THAT WOULD SHAKE UP THE FAN BASE. what that news is, we don't know, or if we know, we won't tell you.

FloridaMan88
01-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Al Davis' franchise has:

1) Won a playoff game more recently

2) Been to a Super Bowl more recently

3) Won a Super Bowl more recently

Than the Hunt's franchise.

The Bad Guy
01-27-2008, 12:17 AM
This is one of the worst articles ever thrown together, who wrote this garbage?

Nick Athan likely.

SPchief
01-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Al Davis' franchise has:

1) had more #1 picks recently

2) had more top 5 picks recently

3) had more top 10 picks recently

4) finished last in the devision more than anyone in the last 10 years

Than the Hunt's franchise.

FYP

Comparing the Chiefs to the Raiders is pathetic. Please choose another team to root for. Because apparently you don't root for the chiefs.

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2008, 12:52 AM

The style itself isn't inherently bad. Bob Kravitz does some pretty good columns in this style. Look him up. (Maybe you're familiar with the guy already.)

Part of the style relies on a circular train of thought that keeps referring back to something you've already said. It's a common device in stand-up comedy as well.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2008, 12:55 AM
The style itself isn't inherently bad.

I know. Woody Paige pulls it off. This guy doesn't.

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2008, 12:56 AM
I know. Woody Paige pulls it off. This guy doesn't.

Oh. My mistake. I thought you wrote it.

I agree. This guy hasn't figured it out yet.

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2008, 12:58 AM
The Modesto Bee is a pretty well respected newspaper inside the industry. Maybe they just don't pay well.

oaklandhater
01-27-2008, 05:16 AM
FYP

Comparing the Chiefs to the Raiders is pathetic. Please choose another team to root for. Because apparently you don't root for the chiefs.

In your face oakland we are mediocre :P

kcxiv
01-27-2008, 05:24 AM
The Modesto Bee is a pretty well respected newspaper inside the industry. Maybe they just don't pay well.I live 20 min from Modesto. Them bastards call once a week to sub to their damned paper.

stumppy
01-27-2008, 05:29 AM
QUOTE] The end game: Davis, standing tall and alone amid the embers and ashes of his once-great franchise.
While waiting for someone to change his diaper.........again.

TEX
01-27-2008, 08:57 AM
QUOTE] The end game: Davis, standing tall and alone amid the embers and ashes of his once-great franchise.
While waiting for someone to change his diaper.........again.

As he watched his team beat the Chiefs in ARROWHEAD this year... :doh!: In a game that featured such a fine display of coaching, in-game decision making ability, and clock management by Herm ****ING Edwards. :shake:

stumppy
01-27-2008, 09:15 AM
As he watched his team beat the Chiefs in ARROWHEAD this year... :doh!: In a game that featured such a fine display of coaching, in-game decision making ability, and clock management by Herm ****ING Edwards. :shake:

Ok OK, maybe he wasn't the ONLY one to crap their pants that day.

Dartgod
01-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Davis' meddling hurting Raiders
WE LANDED ON THE MOON!