PDA

View Full Version : Are your "buttocks" a sexual organ?

jAZ
01-27-2008, 02:42 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080126/ap_on_en_tv/nypd_blue_fcc

Nude buttocks may cost ABC $1.4 million
Sat Jan 26, 7:15 AM ET

WASHINGTON - The Federal Communications Commission has proposed a $1.4 million fine against 52 ABC Television Network stations over a 2003 broadcast of cop drama NYPD Blue.

The fine is for a scene where a boy surprises a woman as she prepares to take a shower. The scene depicted "multiple, close-up views" of the woman's "nude buttocks" according to an agency order issued late Friday.

ABC is owned by the Walt Disney Co. The fines were issued against 52 stations either owned by or affiliated with the network.

FCC's definition of indecent content requires that the broadcast "depicts or describes sexual or excretory activities" in a "patently offensive way" and is aired between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.

The agency said the show was indecent because "it depicts sexual organs and excretory organs — specifically an adult woman's buttocks."

The agency rejected the network's argument that "the buttocks are not a sexual organ."

bowener
01-27-2008, 04:08 AM
The agency said the show was indecent because "it depicts sexual organs and excretory organs

huhu...he said excretory organs...

I would love to be the lawyer to argue against this point... I would have huge slides made up of said buttocks and then huge slides made up of an anus to show that the buttocks is closer to a thigh or calf than it is to an actual excretory organ such as the lower section of the intestines, primarily the anus, more commonly known as the butthole. Then I would snicker uncontrollably when the FCC lawyer used the word anus or butthole.

Thig Lyfe
01-27-2008, 04:24 AM
It is for GoChiefs.

/too easy

mikey23545
01-27-2008, 05:35 AM
Well, the buttocks are not an organ, but as to whether they are sexual or not - just take a look at about a thousand of the avatars or signatures here on this board to answer that question....

RibKing67
01-27-2008, 06:55 AM
This thread is worthless without pictures.

Kerberos
01-27-2008, 07:19 AM
I guess TNT is going to get the MOTHER of ALL fines for ASS shots in "Saving Grace"

Anyone else watch the episode where Holly Hunter was strapped down BUTT NEKKID face down on the bed and they showed FULL shots of her from above ASS and all.

I don't see this going very far with ABC without collateral damage to other networks.

Fire Me Boy!
01-27-2008, 09:10 AM
I guess TNT is going to get the MOTHER of ALL fines for ASS shots in "Saving Grace"

Anyone else watch the episode where Holly Hunter was strapped down BUTT NEKKID face down on the bed and they showed FULL shots of her from above ASS and all.

I don't see this going very far with ABC without collateral damage to other networks.
FCC has no control over what goes on on cable channels. It doesn't hit the public airwaves, so all cable channels are out of their jurisdiction.

patteeu
01-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I voted yes because I think this statement is a reasonable one:

"The agency said the show was indecent because "it depicts sexual organs and excretory organs — specifically an adult woman's buttocks."

If your question was really supposed to be about sexual organs unrelated to the contents of this article, then I'd have voted "no".

jAZ
01-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Well, the buttocks are not an organ, but as to whether they are sexual or not - just take a look at about a thousand of the avatars or signatures here on this board to answer that question....
By that standard, I bet we have to cover up Angalina Jolie's entire head on TV from now on. Because she'll f*ck you with her eyes or her lips.

http://www.visualpharm.com/wallpaper/angelina_jolie_wallpaper_1024x768.jpg

rad
01-27-2008, 10:42 AM
I voted yes because I think this statement is a reasonable one:

If your question was really supposed to be about sexual organs unrelated to the contents of this article, then I'd have voted "no".

The nose secretes mucus. Sometimes, my mouth secretes saliva. Are they NOT "excretory organs"?

el borracho
01-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Haha! We americans are such prudes!

el borracho
01-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Oh, and, uh, every time you censor a hot ass the terrorists win!

BigMeatballDave
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Mine, personally, or butts in general?

ChiefaRoo
01-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh, and, uh, every time you censor a hot ass the terrorists win!

LMAO. Get it? I'm laughing my ass off................ it's funny.

patteeu
01-27-2008, 01:21 PM
The nose secretes mucus. Sometimes, my mouth secretes saliva. Are they NOT "excretory organs"?

No, I wouldn't think so. The excretory system excretes waste from the body. Saliva and mucus are not waste, they are secreted for other purposes (e.g. aid in digestion). However, I'm sure you could come up with parts of the excretory system that the FCC would allow on TV. IMO, a reasonable interpretation of that FCC comment would not include those organs but does include a naked butt.

splatbass
01-27-2008, 01:24 PM
No, I wouldn't think so. The excretory system excretes waste from the body. Saliva and mucus are not waste, they are secreted for other purposes (e.g. aid in digestion). However, I'm sure you could come up with parts of the excretory system that the FCC would allow on TV. IMO, a reasonable interpretation of that FCC comment would not include those organs but does include a naked butt.

The anus is an excretory organ, not the cheeks. As long as the anus isn't shown I don't see how the buttocks can be considered excretory organs.

SLAG
01-27-2008, 01:29 PM
This is awesome, Its about damn time we get some sexual censorship in the country, Im sick of Sex on every channel I turn to, I cant let my kids watch anything as there are so few wholesome shows.

Buttocks on TV Another example of whats wrong with this country

ChiefaRoo
01-27-2008, 01:38 PM
This is awesome, Its about damn time we get some sexual censorship in the country, Im sick of Sex on every channel I turn to, I cant let my kids watch anything as there are so few wholesome shows.

Just take the TV's out of your house if your so worried about your kids.

Hammock Parties
01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
According to the jets in my bathtub, yes.

patteeu
01-27-2008, 02:14 PM
The anus is an excretory organ, not the cheeks. As long as the anus isn't shown I don't see how the buttocks can be considered excretory organs.

You draw a pretty subtle distinction there, splatbass. That's a lot like saying that bush is just hair unless you see the pink. I'm no prude, but I don't have much problem with broadcast TV being kept free from bare bottoms. I see plenty of nudity, simulated sex, actual sex in videos and at the theater. I understand that there is plenty on cable as well. I'm against public regulation of broadcast content in general, but as long as we're going to have it, this seems like a reasonable application.

patteeu
01-27-2008, 02:16 PM
According to the jets in my bathtub, yes.

:LOL:

Bowser
01-27-2008, 02:31 PM
The butt is where poop comes from! [/Ralphie Wiggum]

kstater
01-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Did stations get fined when the fat man showed his butt on that TV show?

splatbass
01-27-2008, 02:42 PM
You draw a pretty subtle distinction there, splatbass. That's a lot like saying that bush is just hair unless you see the pink. I'm no prude, but I don't have much problem with broadcast TV being kept free from bare bottoms. I see plenty of nudity, simulated sex, actual sex in videos and at the theater. I understand that there is plenty on cable as well. I'm against public regulation of broadcast content in general, but as long as we're going to have it, this seems like a reasonable application.

It appears that 85% of the voters in this poll disagree with you.

Bugeater
01-27-2008, 03:53 PM
The episode in question was aired over 4 years ago and the FCC is just now thinking about fining them for it?

irishjayhawk
01-27-2008, 04:00 PM

And it's people like you that are wrong with this country.

If you don't like it, don't have it. Plain and simple. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Unless that post was sarcasm, which I doubt but it's possible...

Adept Havelock
01-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Just take the TV's out of your house if your so worried about your kids.

Yep. It appears someone is unfamiliar with the V-Chip and parental controls some folks whined and whined to force on the industry.

Or they can't be bothered to take responsibility for themselves by using those tools, and want the government to do it for them.

Either way, it's incredibly lame. Almost as lame as getting upset over a pair of naked buttocks.

Bugeater
01-27-2008, 04:13 PM
And it's people like you that are wrong with this country.

If you don't like it, don't have it. Plain and simple. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Unless that post was sarcasm, which I doubt but it's possible...
It wasn't.

old_geezer
01-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Do you believe your buttocks are a sexual organ?

If I eat enough chilli I can play a pretty mean tune with them :D

irishjayhawk
01-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Even if it was a "sexual organ", it's one that's ubiquitous to any gender. So I don't really think there's a problem with showing it.

patteeu
01-27-2008, 04:49 PM
It appears that 85% of the voters in this poll disagree with you.

I can't be held responsible for the opinions of others, but if it makes you feel better to be in the majority, good for you. :thumb:

Bowser
01-27-2008, 04:52 PM
I can't be held responsible for the opinions of others, but if it makes you feel better to be in the majority, good for you. :thumb:

Spoken like a staunch Dubya supporter! :D

Hammock Parties
01-27-2008, 04:57 PM
I explored this topic in a roundabout away a few months ago:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120467&highlight=exist+assholes

kstater
01-27-2008, 04:59 PM
I explored this topic in a roundabout away a few months ago:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120467&highlight=exist+assholes

Living in your mom's basement has warped your mind. That thread is almost 2/12 years old. Go outside meet some people, get some fresh air.

Thig Lyfe
01-27-2008, 05:01 PM

OMG BUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO BOMB AN ABORTION CLINIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowser
01-27-2008, 05:05 PM

:spock:

FloridaMan88
01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
The religious wackos in this country are all offended by the sight of a bare ass because the majority of the asses they have seen in their miserable lives are wide enough to have their own zip codes

Lonewolf Ed
01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
The episode in question was aired over 4 years ago and the FCC is just now thinking about fining them for it?

Revenge is a dish best served COLD!

luv
01-28-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm surprised this didn't go further.

I didn't read the article, but does it say whether boobs are considered sexual ogans? If so, then I say the butt does too. If you can show cleavage, why not crack?