PDA

View Full Version : Weigman not being re-signed...

dtebbe
01-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Just heard on Sirius NFL radio the Chiefs are not expected to re-sign free agent center Casey Weigman...

Not sure if this is good or bad... I'm thinking bad, even though he is a little undersized to play Herm ball.

DT

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 10:04 AM
If the Chiefs intend on going into a zone scheme it wouldn't hurt to try to keep him. I'm not thrilled with the idea of moving Waters to center.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-28-2008, 10:06 AM
I'd like to have kept him, at least for now. We have too many holes on the O-line as it is.

hawkchief
01-28-2008, 10:13 AM
I'd like to have kept him, at least for now. We have too many holes on the O-line as it is.

I'll trust Carl and Herm - they know what they're .... errr, nevermind.

Chiefs_5627
01-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Im all for someone younger to take his place, his skills are diminishing and he wasnt exactly playing for league minimum.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 10:18 AM
If KC takes Jake Long in the first round, there is a good chance there wouldn't be a single player playing the same position as 2007.

LT - Long
LG - ??
C - Waters
RG - ??
RT - McIntosh (?)

There will be some miscommunication the first 5 games or so.

acesn8s
01-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Im all for someone younger to take his place, his skills are diminishing and he wasnt exactly playing for league minimum.Younger, bigger, stronger, cheaper ...done

CupidStunt
01-28-2008, 10:20 AM
How can that possibly be bad? Wiegmann stinks.

Chiefs_5627
01-28-2008, 10:21 AM
If KC takes Jake Long in the first round, there is a good chance there wouldn't be a single player playing the same position as 2007.

LT - Long
LG - ??
C - Waters
RG - ??
RT - McIntosh (?)

There will be some miscommunication the first 5 games or so.

Id like to leave Waters at LG and have Niswanger at C.

Rooster
01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
We are gonna lose another W on the line. :huh:

smittysbar
01-28-2008, 10:27 AM
I think Water should stay at LG also.

Chief Faithful
01-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Better to replace the old guys on the line now while they are rebuilding then to wait and replace him after the rest of the line is rebuilt. Weigman is small and skills are declining.

oldandslow
01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
I hope Long lasts until 5. If he doesn't.... :eek:

bkkcoh
01-28-2008, 10:34 AM
How can that possibly be bad? Wiegmann stinks.

I thought that was general concensus on the board that Weigman was part of the issue with the O-Line. :hmmm: When push comes to shove, I guess people don't want to get shoved.

it will be interesting and frustrating until they get the situation resolved.

tomahawk kid
01-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Sounds like the Chiefs were talking alot to that Pollack kid at the Senior Bowl.

Center coming out of Arizona State.

Reerun_KC
01-28-2008, 10:42 AM
square peg meet round hole....

CW is a solid center, he is just not built for buttsex football.

Mr. Laz
01-28-2008, 10:45 AM
only 12 months too late

HonestChieffan
01-28-2008, 10:46 AM
He was good once when surrounded by much greater talent. Its time to make the change.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 10:47 AM
square peg meet round hole....

CW is a solid center, he is just not built for buttsex football.

He's not. Aside from Waters, neither was any other lineman on the team. Makes you wonder why they insisted on trying to run like that. It's all about making a scheme fit the players, right? If rumors are true that KC is switching to a zone scheme, then losing Weigman doesn't make the most sense.

sparkky
01-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Didn't he think strongly about retiring before last season started?
May as well move on with a younger guy.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Duh.

el borracho
01-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Bye.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2008, 11:06 AM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2989/byewb9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Frazod
01-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the memories. Best of luck elsewhere.

Micjones
01-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Wiegmann's a quality Center when used properly.
This scheme calls for him to do something that being undersized prevents him from doing.

He was a quality Offensive Lineman during his Chiefs tenure. Thanks Casey!!!

I expected him to retire anyway after the year was over so this doesn't really change anything in my mind.

OnTheWarpath15
01-28-2008, 11:20 AM
only 12 months too late

Ain't that the truth.....

I hope this BS about moving Waters to center is exactly that. BS.

Moving all these guys around is just asking for trouble.

Leave Mac at LT, leave Waters at guard, Niswanger at guard (maybe) and fill the remaining holes via draft or cheap young FA's.

OnTheWarpath15
01-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Wiegmann's a quality Center when used properly.
This scheme calls for him to do something that being undersized prevents him from doing.

He was a quality Offensive Lineman during his Chiefs tenure. Thanks Casey!!!

I expected him to retire anyway after the year was over so this doesn't really change anything in my mind.

Yep.

Good post.

BTW, I know you keep mentioning Chris Snee as a FA we should look at, and I'd agree, but I'm not fining his name on ANY of the FA lists.

Did he re-sign during the season maybe?

EDIT: Found something. The Giants have him locked up until 2009.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=183

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Amazing how he went from a very good center to a horrible player in one season. Couldn't have been the scheme or coaching, right?

FringeNC
01-28-2008, 11:36 AM
He's not. Aside from Waters, neither was any other lineman on the team. Makes you wonder why they insisted on trying to run like that. It's all about making a scheme fit the players, right? If rumors are true that KC is switching to a zone scheme, then losing Weigman doesn't make the most sense.

Yeah, the Tennessee game sticks out I think. In that game, we DIDN'T play smash-mouth and we actually resembled an NFL offense. Solari had to go, but I question whether it was Solari's or Herm's call to play the smash-mouth style we played so poorly.

Hopefully Gailey will tell Herm to **** off if he offers "suggestions".

ChiefsCountry
01-28-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm thinking that Pollack from Arizona State will be a Chief.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm thinking that Pollack from Arizona State will be a Chief.

I see a lot of people talking about Pollack.

How is it that Pollack isn't undersized, but Weigman is?

Iowanian
01-28-2008, 12:06 PM
CW is an aging, undersized vet who hasn't played as well the past 2 consecutive years.(I think the Survivor chic ruins his legs at night)....I read he considered retirement anyway last season.

I'm all for taking this opportunity to get younger, bigger, faster and stronger on the Oline for the long haul.

Give me 2-3 Olinemen in the draft, and bring me 1 ascending 2nd contract OG in FA. Jake Scott, Snee etc...

dallaschiefsfan
01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah...this move made sense when I thought we were going to smash mouth where undersized linemen get killed.

However, if I read the zone blocking concepts right...Casey would seem to be the type of center that would fit--much more athletic than the big centers.

All I can figure is that they'll be seeking a cheaper/younger option. If Long isn't there at 5 or they choose not to take him...they might want to reconsider this move. I'm for getting the line younger...but unless you get Long at 5, I think it would be better to keep at least three vets from the line together....which means Macintosh, Weigman and Waters.

Since Long would be instantly better than our current line (except for Waters), he counts as a veteran and you can let Weigman go. Either way, I'd keep the option of bringing him back open...

doomy3
01-28-2008, 12:12 PM
This is too funny. Everyone wants to rebuild our line and get younger. We make a move to start to do that with one of the oldest parts of the line and people question it. Hilarious.

suds79
01-28-2008, 12:14 PM
This is too funny. Everyone wants to rebuild our line and get younger. We make a move to start to do that with one of the oldest parts of the line and people question it. Hilarious.

Exactly.

Seeing Casey getting manhandled by 300+ lb DTs was getting a little old.

He was great for the last system but it simply doesn't work anymore.

RustShack
01-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Bring me Pollack!

dallaschiefsfan
01-28-2008, 12:19 PM

No. What part of this do you NOT understand? Replacing the horrid triple headed monster at Right Tackle and Wel-roids at right guard are the first and most obvious steps to getting this line in better shape. Weigman is an EASY third step...and a step that is ill-advised if we don't get Long in the draft.

Once again...if we go zone block scheme...he will not get man-handled by the big DT's because size is not the biggest factor in that scheme...so that argument is mute.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 12:19 PM

Rebuilding the line and getting younger is a good idea, if there is an intelligent plan in place to do so.

Right now the plan according to the media is to lose Weigman and replace him with a 31 year old guard. The other popular fan option appears to be Pollack the Center from AZ who is similar in size to the "undersized" Weigman.

doomy3
01-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Rebuilding the line and getting younger is a good idea, if there is an intelligent plan in place to do so.

Right now the plan according to the media is to lose Weigman and replace him with a 31 year old guard. The other popular fan option appears to be Pollack the Center from AZ who is similar in size to the "undersized" Weigman.

Even if we did move Waters to center, that means we would get younger at the guard spot and still get younger at center. And Weigmann is old. I see no problem with drafting someone who will replace him. So, I take it you wish we would have just re-signed him?

dallaschiefsfan
01-28-2008, 12:22 PM

exactly...

Nightfyre
01-28-2008, 12:26 PM
All I'm thinking is that it couldn't hurt to have him there at the very least to help break in some rookie linemen.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Even if we did move Waters to center, that means we would get younger at the guard spot and still get younger at center. And Weigmann is old. I see no problem with drafting someone who will replace him. So, I take it you wish we would have just re-signed him?

At this point in time, yes.

For several reasons: 1) The story is that KC is going to a zone scheme. Weigman would likely do better in that scheme, 2) RG and RT and LT are areas that need to be improved first, 3) I don't think Weigman is as bad as people make it out. I think scheme and playcalling had a lot to do with it, 4) I don't like the idea of moving Waters to center, 5) I'm not aware of many centers in the draft that are much bigger than Weigman.

RustShack
01-28-2008, 12:38 PM
The C's in the draft are a little bigger, and at least 10 years younger too which is nice. Chances are there are some in the draft that are a little bigger and a little more athletic.

Dylan
01-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Yep.
BTW, I know you keep mentioning Chris Snee as a FA we should look at, and I'd agree, but I'm not fining his name on ANY of the FA lists.

Did he re-sign during the season maybe?

EDIT: Found something. The Giants have him locked up until 2009.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=183

:thumb: :D

OnTheWarpath15
01-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Didn't they draft Niswanger to be the COTF?

Not sure why they feel Waters is better suited at Center than Rudy is.

ChiefsCountry
01-28-2008, 12:54 PM

If they are going to the zone-block scheme, I dont think size really matters. Casey's problem is he is too old. Not his size IMO.

StcChief
01-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Give Rudy a shot, I'm for leaving Waters at LG

nychief
01-28-2008, 01:36 PM
By the way, other than some WPI Bullshit I have not heard from a actual chiefs that they are going to a zone blocking scheme (which I am in favor of). Mort reported that we were going to and get Alex Gibbs...but that was pre Gailey and we retained a OL coach from last years squad.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2008, 01:40 PM
By the way, other than some WPI Bullshit I have not heard from a actual chiefs that they are going to a zone blocking scheme (which I am in favor of). Mort reported that we were going to and get Alex Gibbs...but that was pre Gailey and we retained a OL coach from last years squad.

The Star also reported the zone blocking thing and so did Bob Gretz I believe. With Gibbs going elsewhere that may be out of the question though.

nychief
01-28-2008, 01:57 PM
The Star also reported the zone blocking thing and so did Bob Gretz I believe. With Gibbs going elsewhere that may be out of the question though.

sorry to shit on your mag, that was uncalled for.. I meant to say is that I have not heard a member of the chiefs say anything in person.

OnTheWarpath15
01-28-2008, 01:58 PM

I can't imagine they are going to a zone scheme now that Joe D'Alessandris has been hired.

I've seen nothing to indicate that he has any experience running a zone scheme.

I'm guessing business as usual.

FringeNC
01-28-2008, 02:02 PM

Doesn't Gailey's scheme employ zone-blocking?

Hammock Parties
01-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Doesn't Gailey's scheme employ zone-blocking?

I have no idea. His history includes diverse offensive elements.

RustShack
01-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Was Gailey in Denver during or before the zone blocking scheme?

Chiefs_5627
01-28-2008, 02:06 PM

To my knowledge he has always been in the business of playing to the players strengths as his offense.

TinyEvel
01-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Whatever works.

FringeNC
01-28-2008, 02:07 PM

I'm pretty sure Gailey has featured zone-blocking all the places he's been.

FringeNC
01-28-2008, 02:08 PM
To my knowledge he has always been in the business of playing to the players strengths as his offense.

What competent coordinator doesn't?

BigChiefFan
01-28-2008, 02:14 PM
It's a great move for the Chiefs. Weigman is too undersized for smashmouth football and he's at the tail end of his career anyway. Thanks for the effort during the Vermeil years, Weigman.

Pushead2
01-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks and see ya!

Chiefs_5627
01-28-2008, 02:23 PM

Al Sunders, Mike Martz, they install their system and then make whoever they have adjust or just replace them.

BigMeatballDave
01-28-2008, 02:34 PM
No, its a good idea. Out with the old...

FringeNC
01-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Al Sunders, Mike Martz, they install their system and then make whoever they have adjust or just replace them.

Saunders' offense here was nothing like the Rams' offense. We were a run-first team.

Chiefs_5627
01-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Saunders' offense here was nothing like the Rams' offense. We were a run-first team.

My point is, they kept realigning parts to mold it more to his Os image. They got Trent who was well studied and Priest who was a Marshall Faulk clone, etc., imo the biggest component that changed a lot of what they did here compared to the rams was Gonzo.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 03:04 PM

Didn't Herm insist on using a cover 2 even though KC didn't/doesn't have the personnel?

FringeNC
01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Didn't Herm insist on using a cover 2 even though KC didn't/doesn't have the personnel?

It's so funny -- Herm is constantly harping on letting the personnel determine the scheme -- Herm believes that, I guess, as long as the defensive scheme is a cover-2 and the offense is a power-running game.

Krusty Kunt
01-28-2008, 03:19 PM
That's right Casey. Your family is going to have to adjust. Instead of a Ferrari, you're going to have to settle for a plain ole Cadillac. No more botox and ass implants for your trophy wife. And your kids, they won't be able to buy Fruit Loops anymore, they will have to settle for the generic discount store brand. Unemployed! You deserve it jackass!

doomy3
01-28-2008, 03:31 PM
That's right Casey. Your family is going to have to adjust. Instead of a Ferrari, you're going to have to settle for a plain ole Cadillac. No more botox and ass implants for your trophy wife. And your kids, they won't be able to buy Fruit Loops anymore, they will have to settle for the generic discount store brand. Unemployed! You deserve it jackass!

Stay Classy.

kcchiefsus
01-28-2008, 03:37 PM

Because Pollak weighs 299 pounds which is not undersized for a center.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Because Pollak weighs 299 pounds which is not undersized for a center.

My bad then. I thought he weighed less than that. Still, most draft guru's say he isn't very strong at that point of attack.

kcchiefsus
01-28-2008, 03:49 PM

No, he is not similar in size to the undersized Wiegmann. Wiegmann is listed at 285 while Pollak weighed in at the senior bowl at 299. Not sure where you got the idea that they are of similar size.

brent102fire
01-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Herm was on Sirius last week and talked about the Chiefs. He said they would have 3 new starters on the O-line. I'm not sure if he meant to say it or not, but he said it. That leads me to believe only Waters and McIntosh will be back...

doomy3
01-28-2008, 03:52 PM
My bad then. I thought he weighed less than that. Still, most draft guru's say he isn't very strong at that point of attack.

:spock:

Name: Mike Pollak
College: Arizona State
Number: 76
Height: 6-4 Weight: 299
Position: C Pos2: OG
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2008
40 Time: 4.98 40 Low: 4.92 40 High: 5.08
Projected Round: 2

From SI.com -Senior Bowl: Final analysis:

Pollack clearly established himself as the top center in the draft with his work in Mobile. His athleticism is impressive for a 300-pound lineman, as is the ease which he moves about the field. NFL teams could take a crack at Pollack in the second round considering the poor crop of centers available in April.

From www.nfldraftscout.com:
01/22/08 - Senior Bowl Tuesday North Team Practice: Despite exchange problems yesterday, the center position appears to be one of the North's strengths, as both Arizona State's Mike Pollack and Notre Dame's John Sullivan have been impressive. Pollack is the stronger of the two and is generally the more effective run blocker. He uses his hands well and drives his opponent back. During the scrimmage, Pollack was the more consistent of the two. Pollack ranks higher in my mind because of his physicality, but Sullivan has legitimized his ranking as a mid-pivot, as well.

Draft Scout Snapshot: 2007: Started all thirteen games at center and was the lone bright spot on an offensive line that allowed 55 sacks for losses totaling 382 yards…Helped the offense average 137.0 yards on the ground and 262.6 yards in the air per game…Graded 82.08% for blocking consistency, as he registered a career-high 80 knockdowns and fifteen touchdown-resulting blocks… Was penalized four times and opponents also registered three quarterback pressures vs. the Sun Devils center. Started all 13 games at center...earned second-team All-Pac-10 honors in '06. Played in all 12 games, starting six in '05. Played in eight games in '04. Redshirted as a member of the scout team in '03.

Tags: draft | offensive line

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/c/mikepollak.html

Was Pollack under center when Ellis and Laws were ass raping the South QB's?

doomy3
01-28-2008, 03:59 PM

Did Athan write that report? "Won't dominant the opponent." WTF?

doomy3
01-28-2008, 04:01 PM

Not sure... Was Weigman under center when everyone we played were ass raping Croyle and Huard?

Chief Faithful
01-28-2008, 04:10 PM
I can't imagine they are going to a zone scheme now that Joe D'Alessandris has been hired.

I've seen nothing to indicate that he has any experience running a zone scheme.

I'm guessing business as usual.

Neither Bicknell or D'Alessandris seem to have the resume for a zone scheme.

The biggest problem with the OL last year is they got old, Weigman included. It is the very thing King Carl and Herm stated in the big end of the year conference and from what we saw on the field they are right.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Not sure... Was Weigman under center when everyone we played were ass raping Croyle and Huard?

Yes. But apparently he was only responsible for three of them all year.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=3820&team=12

Why are you so sensitive over conflicting reports on Pollack?

doomy3
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes. But apparently he was only responsible for three of them all year.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=3820&team=12

Why are you so sensitive over conflicting reports on Pollack?

I'm not sensitive at all about Pollack. I really could give a shit. THe better question is why are you so sensitive about the Chiefs getting rid of an over the hill, undersized center who was part of one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the Chiefs?

nychief
01-28-2008, 04:15 PM
wiegman is gone. That era is over. We going to have to resolve ourselves to the idea of letting all of these guys go... Wiegman had a nice run.

Chiefnj2
01-28-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm not sensitive at all about Pollack. I really could give a shit. THe better question is why are you so sensitive about the Chiefs getting rid of an over the hill, undersized center who was part of one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the Chiefs?

I gave numerous reasons earlier - he may fit in a new scheme, I don't like the idea of moving Waters to C, there is no backup in place at the moment, it would be better to address LT, RT and LG first.

Valiant
01-28-2008, 04:27 PM
If the Chiefs intend on going into a zone scheme it wouldn't hurt to try to keep him. I'm not thrilled with the idea of moving Waters to center.

I highly doubt Herm goes to Zone, I think it is just him blowing smoke..

bowener
01-28-2008, 06:36 PM
I gave numerous reasons earlier - he may fit in a new scheme, I don't like the idea of moving Waters to C, there is no backup in place at the moment, it would be better to address LT, RT and LG first.

You are like the rest of us right, watching the same Chiefs run it right up the centers ass.... it would seem we need to replace our center just as bad as all other positions since we run there 45% of the time. Weigmann is done, he is over the hill and under sized. I like not bringing him back because Niswanger is the back up and he will get some more looks now, and most likely we will draft somebody as well. We need to get younger and completely rebuild, this is just part of it. Hey, at least he still has a hot ass wife.

FAX
01-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, I'm not surprised.

A man's ass can only take so many 1st and 10 calls.

FAX

nychief
01-28-2008, 06:44 PM

There is no hard evidence we are moving Waters to center.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
There is no hard evidence we are moving Waters to center.

It's been reported by several media outlets this offseason. Whitlock was first.

stevieray
01-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Did he even miss a game?

thanks Casey, you were a warrior...and a class act to boot..being part of PH's legacy in KC was a thing to behold...

Best of luck

:thumb:

Buehler445
01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm glad the Chiefs are committed to starting a new Center.

I wouldn't mind keeping CW for backup. At this point, we need 2 new players now.

I am with Warpath. I REALLY hope they don't move Waters to Center. If he is a good LG, leave his ass at LG. I see no point in moving him. Particularly if he is established as a good player at LG. I haven't looked at the draft boards or FA lists, but it doesn't seem like its easier to replace a Guard than a center. Its dumb IMO.

nychief
01-28-2008, 07:05 PM
It's been reported by several media outlets this offseason. Whitlock was first.

hard. meaning from the chiefs. herm or carl.

Zouk
01-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Neither Bicknell or D'Alessandris seem to have the resume for a zone scheme.

On D'Alessandris:

Offensive line coach Joe D'Alessandris — who used zone-blocking schemes as far back as the early 1990s in the World League, where he coached with Gailey — said giving up size for speed is not counter-productive.

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/wreck_ramblin/2005/09/lighter_line_us.html

There's not much out there on Bicknell, but this is about his brother. One would imagine they talk about this stuff a lot:

Bicknell will handle the primary duties of installing Jagodzinski's favored zone blocking scheme. "That's the reason he came along with me [to Green Bay]," said the coach. "I wanted Jackie to get an idea of what we're going to try to do and see how it works."

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/articles/2007/08/03/meeting_of_minds_at_bc?mode=PF

Chiefmanwillcatch
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Bye bye

http://z.about.com/d/realitytv/1/0/L/W/Danni6.jpg

JohnnyV13
01-29-2008, 04:19 AM

The immortal Paul Hackett

Spicy McHaggis
01-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Sounds like the Chiefs were talking alot to that Pollack kid at the Senior Bowl.

Center coming out of Arizona State.

Any relation to David Pollack?

jspchief
01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
Go back a feew years and people on this sight were suggesting Weigmann deserved Pro Bowl consideration. He was part of the greatest offense in Chiefs history.

I agree that he isn't what he once was. Whether it be from age, scheme, or a combination of the two. But I don't really get the acrimony aimed at him. Even last year he wasn't the weakest link on the line.

I don't support spending the money to re-sign him, but I'm not going to kick him in the junk on the way out.

Thanks for the good years, Casey

pikesome
01-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Go back a feew years and people on this sight were suggesting Weigmann deserved Pro Bowl consideration. He was part of the greatest offense in Chiefs history.

I agree that he isn't what he once was. Whether it be from age, scheme, or a combination of the two. But I don't really get the acrimony aimed at him. Even last year he wasn't the weakest link on the line.

I don't support spending the money to re-sign him, but I'm not going to kick him in the junk on the way out.

Thanks for the good years, Casey

He excelled at the pulling, moving blocking that the DV Chiefs used so much. That was a system that played to his strengths. The Herm Chiefs can't and aren't doing that so Casey looks bad. It's not his fault he's got different personnel around him and I don't begrudge him collecting his check. It's not like he hasn't been trying, as least as well as anyone else on that line.

KCrockaholic
01-29-2008, 09:57 AM
isnt it possible that we could still get pick #3, i thought they were gonna do the coin toss at the scouting combine?

boogblaster
01-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Time served ... Thanks but bye ....

RustShack
01-29-2008, 10:45 AM
isnt it possible that we could still get pick #3, i thought they were gonna do the coin toss at the scouting combine?

Highest we can get is the 4th.

BigChiefFan
01-29-2008, 11:26 AM
I sure hope Niswanger can stay healthy and live up to the billing.

TEX
01-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Exactly.

Seeing Casey getting manhandled by 300+ lb DTs was getting a little old.

He was great for the last system but it simply doesn't work anymore.

But the he is right for the "new" zone-blocking scheme.

OnTheWarpath15
01-29-2008, 12:14 PM

IF we were going to a ZBS, then that would only be half the battle. (I still have seen nothing official that says we are)

The guy is 34 years old.

People were bitching and moaning that we re-signed Donnie Edwards due to his age, because we're supposed to be rebuilding.

Why in the hell should we re-sign a 34 year old center?

ChiefsCountry
01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
IF we were going to a ZBS, then that would only be half the battle. (I still have seen nothing official that says we are)

The guy is 34 years old.

People were bitching and moaning that we re-signed Donnie Edwards due to his age, because we're supposed to be rebuilding.

Why in the hell should we re-sign a 34 year old center?

No kidding, he is old get rid of his ass IMO.

suds79
01-29-2008, 01:01 PM

old worn out players are never right for any scheme.

How many times did we see the Vikings run that stretch ZBS play with AP and their mammoth OL?

You don't have to be small to run it just because Denver prefers them that way.