PDA

View Full Version : "Don't Drop the Soap"

xbarretx
01-28-2008, 01:26 PM
hopefully not repost

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2008/01/dont-drop-the-s.html
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius' son John is selling a board game about prison called "Don't Drop The Soap," which he created as a college class project. From The AP:

"Fight your way through 6 different exciting locations in hopes of being granted parole," the site says. "Escape prison riots in The Yard, slip glass into a mob boss' lasagna in the Cafeteria, steal painkillers from the nurse's desk in the Infirmary, avoid being cornered by the Aryans in the Shower Room, fight off Latin Kings in Gang War, and try not to smoke your entire stash in The Hole."

the game info and image can be seen here:

http://www.gilliusinc.com/dropsoap.html

Don't Drop the Soap™ * * * $34.99 * * *

Fight your way through 6 different exciting locations in hopes of being granted parole. Escape prison riots in The Yard, slip glass into a mob boss' lasagna in the Cafeteria, steal painkillers from the nurse's desk in the Infirmary, avoid being cornered by the Aryans in the Shower Room, fight off Latin Kings in Gang War, and try not to smoke your entire stash in The Hole.

The artistry of each handcrafted piece is matched with comparable humor & intelligence on every card. Stack your smokes, sharpen your shank, and get ready for an experience that only someone on the outside could appreciate.

Game Includes:
* 19" x 19" Don't Drop The Soap™ Gameboard
* 5 Collectible Criminal Tokens
* 7 Decks of Prison Location Cards
* 7 Snap-On Location Icons
* Soap Dish Parole Card Holder
* Deck of Parole Cards
* Stack of Play Cigarettes
* Pair of Dice
* Book of Instructions

crazycoffey
01-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Interesting?

xbarretx
01-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Interesting?

yes, i cant stop laughing over how the board game looks and the game pieces LMAO

crazycoffey
01-28-2008, 01:34 PM
yes, i cant stop laughing over how the board game looks and the game pieces LMAO

You wanna be Anferny, don't you......

xbarretx
01-28-2008, 01:39 PM
You wanna be Anferny, don't you......

actually the bag of coke look fun ;)

Fat Elvis
01-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Well, that is gonna bite Kathleen in the ass.

Tonight is her big coming out party with her giving the Democratic response to the State of the Union address, and now her son decides it is a good time to promote his new game, Don't Drop the Soap, which is being sold out of the governor's mansion in Topeka.......

Adept Havelock
01-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Heh. That might make a nice addition to my boardgame collection.

Simplex3
01-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, that is gonna bite Kathleen in the ass.

Tonight is her big coming out party with her giving the Democratic response to the State of the Union address, and now her son decides it is a good time to promote his new game, Don't Drop the Soap, which is being sold out of the governor's mansion in Topeka.......
Yeah, the whole using govt property to pimp your personal product is more than a little f**ked. There ought to be laws against that sort of thing....

Oh, wait, *there are*.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, the whole using govt property to pimp your personal product is more than a little f**ked. There ought to be laws against that sort of thing....

Oh, wait, *there are*.

Well, as much as I think the game sounds distateful and lame, and as much as I can't believe Sebelius didn't ask him NOT to do it, I don't see how there is anything illegal or unethical about this.

The son lives in the mansion. That IS his address. It was pretty dumb not to just get a PO Box, but whatever.

So you're saying that it would be illegal for any person residing in a government residence to have a home-based business? There are no indications that anything was abused here. He runs his own website and has a 3rd party operate the shopping cart.

xbarretx
01-28-2008, 04:02 PM
regardless of bad taste the comical value is off the charts LMAO LMAO LMAO ROFL

KCCHIEFS27
01-30-2008, 11:21 AM
so, the governor should be worried that her son is becoming an entreprenuer through the work of an adult-rated board game? Let's not compare this to being out on the streets doing things that could actually have him living out his board game in a real prison.

xbarretx
01-30-2008, 11:29 AM
so, the governor should be worried that her son is becoming an entreprenuer through the work of an adult-rated board game? Let's not compare this to being out on the streets doing things that could actually have him living out his board game in a real prison.

i only posted this for comic value, not pro or anti politics. i mean the game looks awesome!!! i'd love to play that game and be laughing the entire time LMAO ROFL

you are correct, however i think that the posters are getting frazzled b/c the tongue in cheek humor is off the charts. its like im going to use my moms name to promote a game regarding guarding your cornhole while trying to escape prison ROFL. make no mistake as a business major working on my MBA the marketing is pure genius. also i assume that he ran it by his mom before doing it. otherwise no one would ever know the connnection.

tooge
01-30-2008, 01:30 PM
"wheels" lol. I wanna be him.