PDA

View Full Version : Burress prediction: Giants win, 23-17

luv
01-29-2008, 08:38 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Burress-prediction-Giants-win-23-17?urn=nfl,64137

Burress prediction: Giants win, 23-17
Tuesday, Jan 29, 2008 11:38 am EST

Before ever setting foot in Arizona, New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress gave the New York Post his prediction on who wins Super Bowl XVII. It sure ain't the New England Patriots.

As he pulled his car up to the Giants Stadium tunnel to unload his bags, Burress Monday morning was asked by The Post a direct question: Are you ready to make history? "You better believe it," the towering Giants receiver said.

And then, as he entered the stadium and turned left toward the Giants locker room, Burress was asked for his prediction. Burress never hesitated, flatly stating "23-17."

Source: New York Post

Halfcan
01-29-2008, 08:43 PM
yawn

Ultra Peanut
01-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh, I totally thought he was going to say they'd lose.

luv
01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh, I totally thought he was going to say they'd lose.
Like they're going to hold the Pats to 17 points. I do hope they win. I just think the score prediction is a little low.

Chiefs_5627
01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Good idea. :clap:

Dumbass. LMAO

Mecca
01-29-2008, 08:53 PM
That probably wasn't very smart....

kstater
01-29-2008, 08:53 PM
What a dumbass.

doomy3
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Yea, because now the Patriots are going to try to win the Super Bowl more than they would have if he kept his mouth shut...

Chiefs_5627
01-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Yea, because now the Patriots are going to try to win the Super Bowl more than they would have if he kept his mouth shut...

Its a little extra motivation in their corner. Have you watch them at all this year? They tend to pounce all over the loudest talking teams. ;)

Bearcat
01-29-2008, 09:12 PM
I Am Legend predicts a Patriots win. Google it.

doomy3
01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Its a little extra motivation in their corner. Have you watch them at all this year? They tend to pounce all over the loudest talking teams. ;)

They tend to pounce all over all teams.

I just find it comical that people really believe that because one of the Giants players thinks they'll win that now the Patriots are going to try harder in this, probably the biggest game IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL.

Going for Super Bowl and perfect mark all in one game. I seriously doubt if something Plax says is going to make them try any harder than they already were planning on.

OnTheWarpath15
01-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Last week, he said that the Giants receivers are better than the Patriots receivers.

This week, it's this.

This isn't going to turn out well for him......

Chiefs_5627
01-29-2008, 09:32 PM
They tend to pounce all over all teams.

I just find it comical that people really believe that because one of the Giants players thinks they'll win that now the Patriots are going to try harder in this, probably the biggest game IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL.

Going for Super Bowl and perfect mark all in one game. I seriously doubt if something Plax says is going to make them try any harder than they already were planning on.

I hear ya man, they should be at 110% no matter who said what but i just think his quote might wind up on a bulletin board somewhere. :thumb:

evolve27
01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Hope ends when you stop believing.

Nzoner
01-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Last week, he said that the Giants receivers are better than the Patriots receivers.

This week, it's this.

This isn't going to turn out well for him......

Just goes to show how much respect the Pats players have for Belicheck I mean if we had to choose one player who we thought would run their mouth I'd think the majority would say Moss.

Granted,we're a few days away yet but Randy has yet to spout off for a whole season and I just can't seeing it happening now.

Personally though I'm gonna laugh my ass off is Moss goes for a buck twenty and a 2 td's again.

Chiefs_5627
01-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Just goes to show how much respect the Pats players have for Belicheck I mean if we had to choose one player who we thought would run their mouth I'd think the majority would say Moss.

Granted,we're a few days away yet but Randy has yet to spout off for a whole season and I just can't seeing it happening now.

Personally though I'm gonna laugh my ass off is Moss goes for a buck twenty and a 2 td's again.

Its kinda nice to see Moss just shut up and play.

OnTheWarpath15
01-29-2008, 11:40 PM

I'm counting on it. He's been bottled up in the playoffs, and I'm sure McDaniels wants to get him involved early and often.

Then again, if the Giants go out of their way to shut Moss down, Welker is going to have a field day, and I think Moss will be perfectly content with that, considering he'll have a ring......

Nzoner
01-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Its kinda nice to see Moss just shut up and play.

Yeah,too bad he didn't do that his whole career,the sky would've been the limit.