PDA

View Full Version : The Superbowl is in Town

vailpass
01-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Man there is a ton of stuff going on here for the Superbowl. I checked out the NFL experience yesterday, going to go watch the taping of Best Damned Sports show today, going to watch SportsCenter live tomorrow, I've been invited to go see a performance by something called a PDiddy tomorrow night (might have to pass on that one although the buddy that invited me says it will be a spectacle and Michael Jordan will be in the house). Gonna' check out the Phoenix Open on Saturday (FBR they call it now).

The radio is filled with good interviews. This morning I heard Barry Sanders, Conrad Dobler, Marshall Faulk, Joe DeLamilleure, Jerry Kramer, and Anthony Munoz.

There are lots of parties here, including a lot of events to benefit GridironGreats which is very cool. There is an auction on e-bay to benefit the V-foundation. High bidder gets Barry Sanders and Terrell Davis to come to their home and watch the Superbow with them. That would be cool.

The sky is starting to fill up with private jets. It's a pretty fun week to have a SB in your town.

L.A. Chieffan
01-30-2008, 11:02 AM
I imagine there will be some paternity suits pending after the weekend

KurtCobain
01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
damn, **** the voters of KC it would've been nice to have a superbowl here in the future.

Pushead2
01-30-2008, 11:04 AM
As well as NYC.

vailpass
01-30-2008, 11:23 AM
For family entertainment there is a Playboy party hosted by Hef with 'the girls next door', a Penthouse party with the women of Penthouse and Snoop Dogg performing, and a Maxim party with various hot pieces of butt.

jeffery
01-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Man, Im a little upset...I just moved from Litchfield Park about 3 mo ago...the stadium was less than ten minutes away..i lived on the corner of Dysart and Camelback rd. friggin Air Force

Nzoner
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Have a great time going to Super Bowl XXII in San Diego is one the best football memories I have.

bogey
01-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Sounds like a great time. Enjoy!

BigChiefFan
01-30-2008, 04:09 PM
We don't get Super Bowl appearances or the ability to host them. Sounds like it's a good time in Arizona.

vailpass
01-30-2008, 04:44 PM
We don't get Super Bowl appearances or the ability to host them. Sounds like it's a good time in Arizona.

We don't get clean air, green trees and grass, or quality public education here in Arizona so ya' got that going for you.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Sounds like much more fun that I'll have this week. I just received this via email. Looks I won't be going anywhere tomorrow:

Street Closure for Presidentail Debates tomorrow

TO: Street Closure Advisory Distribution

As many of you are aware, the Kodak Theatre will be hosting the Democratic candidate debates this Thursday evening, 1/31/08. It will be broadcast live at 5 p.m.

Because of the security preparations for this event, I have been advised that Hollywood Boulevard will be closed from Highland to Orange, with a soft closure to LaBrea, from 9 a.m. to midnite on Thursday, January 31. I am advised that Orange will be closed, also, from Hollywood to Franklin.

vailpass
01-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Sounds like much more fun that I'll have this week. I just received this via email. Looks I won't be going anywhere tomorrow:

Street Closure for Presidentail Debates tomorrow

TO: Street Closure Advisory Distribution

As many of you are aware, the Kodak Theatre will be hosting the Democratic candidate debates this Thursday evening, 1/31/08. It will be broadcast live at 5 p.m.

Because of the security preparations for this event, I have been advised that Hollywood Boulevard will be closed from Highland to Orange, with a soft closure to LaBrea, from 9 a.m. to midnite on Thursday, January 31. I am advised that Orange will be closed, also, from Hollywood to Franklin.

Hopefully your fridge is well stocked. Sounds like a good night to enjoy your house.

The Franchise
01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Damn...I'm pissed off. I used to live in Tucson and I would be up there right now.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Hopefully your fridge is well stocked. Sounds like a good night to enjoy your house.

Yeah. At least the 2 hour premiere of Lost is on ABC!

This will probably suck more than when they block off Hollywood Blvd. for the ESPY's.

I'll take some pics and post them though if I see any blimps, choppers or fighter jets over my house.

Psyko Tek
01-30-2008, 05:11 PM
For family entertainment there is a Playboy party hosted by Hef with 'the girls next door', a Penthouse party with the women of Penthouse and Snoop Dogg performing, and a Maxim party with various hot pieces of butt.

Did you see the article in the AZ republic
not only are they importing hot chicks they are paying them to stand around and...
be hot

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/superbowl/ent/articles/0124hiredgunsonline.html

there's the link

vailpass
01-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Did you see the article in the AZ republic
not only are they importing hot chicks they are paying them to stand around and...
be hot

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/superbowl/ent/articles/0124hiredgunsonline.html

there's the link
:thumb: Ya' gotta' love it. Imported hotties. Seems like you could get all you needed off of Mill Ave. on any given afternoon.

There is a blimp over my house right now. Blue with yellow writing. Is that the Goodyear?

Nzoner
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Vailpass just a head's up but the NFL will have a local hotel that they call headquarters,don't know how much has changed in 20 years but if it's still the same anybody can walk into the lobby and or bars.Lots of celebs and the like and a damn good party too.

Rasputin
01-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Did anybody else hear today about the guy who got his SuperBowl tics in the mail only to have his dog eat them before he could get his hands on them? I heard that on the radio today just wondering if anybody else heard about it. (Didn't want to start a new thread cus probly REPOST) I'd be getting a new dog.

The radio said they were $900.00 tickets and the dog ate them.