PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Jerseys, autographs, memorablia, etc.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Mods: Wasn't sure where to put this, please move if necessary.

The time has come for me to say goodbye to my collection of jerseys, autographs, and the like.

No reasonable offer will be refused.

In addition to what I'm listing, I also have some stuff that I don't have pictures of yet, that I can list if given a good enough offer, like an Authentic Game Ball signed in silver paint pen by Jared Allen, and a game used "K" ball.

All autographs have been obtained in person, by me personally.

Pics coming.....

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Authentic Wilson Derrick Thomas home jersey, size 52.....

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Authentic Reebok Larry Johnson Home Jersey, Size 50, with LH patch.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Replica weight Koho Autographed Barret Jackman St. Louis Blues Hockey Jersey, Size XL.

All lettering and numbering is tackle twill and was done by the St. Louis Blues Authentics store at the Scottrade Center.

bogey
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
What'd I miss? Why are you getting rid of this stuff?

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Replica weight Nike Team Canada Chris Pronger Autographed Jersey.

All tackle twill numbering and lettering.

One of only 144 made, was autographed in person at a private fucntion the Blues held for Chris after he won the Gold Medal.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 02:39 PM
What'd I miss? Why are you getting rid of this stuff?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4539330

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Replithentic Reebok Ben Roethlisberger Jersey, size 52

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Replithentic Reebok Carson Palmer Jersey, Size 52. Still has tags on it.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Reebok Flex-fit Cap, Size Medium, Arrowhead logo, autographed by Tamba Hali

Rain Man
01-30-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm hoping to see something with Bronko Nagurski or Red Grange come up.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm hoping to see something with Bronko Nagurski or Red Grange come up.

Don't hold your breath......

Rain Man
01-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Don't hold your breath......

Dang. Sammy Baugh?

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Dang. Sammy Baugh?

Nope.

If it came before 1989, fuggedaboudit.

The Franchise
01-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Any Joe Montana stuff?

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Any Joe Montana stuff?

Nope. Other than the DT jersey, everything is recent.

Spott
01-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Isn't a size 52 pretty big?

luv
01-30-2008, 04:07 PM
OTWP - check your smokes.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Isn't a size 52 pretty big?

Translates to a XL.

I'm 5'10, 200 and it fits perfect through the torso, but is longer than I like. High to mid thigh.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 04:12 PM
OTWP - check your smokes.

Got it, and replied.

bogey
01-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't know much about the value of this stuff. I assume it's kind of special to you. Will it make a big difference in your life financially? Like I said, I don't know how much this stuff is worth.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't know much about the value of this stuff. I assume it's kind of special to you. Will it make a big difference in your life financially? Like I said, I don't know how much this stuff is worth.

It's only stuff. I'd prefer to keep it, but it's not doing anything for me sitting in a closet.

Paying bills is more important.

I just posted here thinking I could save someone looking for a jersey some cash, and help myself out as well.

I won't "give" them away, but am more than willing to part with them for a reasonable offer.

The Chiefs authentics are $250, new retail.

The hockey jerseys are $175, new retail, and everyone has a different idea of what an autograph is worth.

The replithentics are $100 retail. The Palmer jersey still has tags attached.

Phobia
01-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Autographs are essentially meaningless to me - not that I don't have some acquired at charity events....

If that Hali hat were for a fathead I'd be all over it - more because I like the style than the Sharpie blemish on the bill.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Autographs are essentially meaningless to me - not that I don't have some acquired at charity events....

If that Hali hat were for a fathead I'd be all over it - more because I like the style than the Sharpie blemish on the bill.

All of the stuff I've acquired, I've always planned to frame the jerseys, but the autographed football in a case, etc.

I've slowly been able to make some of it happen over the past few years.....getting it done right can be an expensive proposition. Started with the small stuff, never got to the jerseys.

BTW, the only fathead hat I have is a Chiefs straw hat.....

:D

ROYC75
01-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Ebay ?

tooge
01-31-2008, 02:05 PM
this type of thing is liek vultures over the kill to me. I would hate to see you have to sell the stuff you cherish.

Pushead2
01-31-2008, 02:12 PM
sent a PM OTW58

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Ebay ?

Ebay has ruined the memorabilia marketplace.

People see so-called authentic jerseys on Ebay and think they're getting a steal at $30, but in all actuality, they're getting a 3rd world knockoff, and usually a bad one at that.

Folks see that they can get what they "think" is authentic for cheap, and don't give the real stuff a second look.

Or, people just assume your stuff is fake because everyone else's is.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 03:20 PM
this type of thing is liek vultures over the kill to me. I would hate to see you have to sell the stuff you cherish.

Like I said before, it's just stuff.

Paying bills is more important than a jersey that sits in a closet 99% of the year, or an autograph, etc.

Such is life.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 03:20 PM
sent a PM OTW58

Reply sent.

Thanks for your interest.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Tamba Hali Autographed Cap: SOLD

Frazod
01-31-2008, 09:26 PM
Ebay has ruined the memorabilia marketplace.

People see so-called authentic jerseys on Ebay and think they're getting a steal at $30, but in all actuality, they're getting a 3rd world knockoff, and usually a bad one at that.

Folks see that they can get what they "think" is authentic for cheap, and don't give the real stuff a second look.

Or, people just assume your stuff is fake because everyone else's is.

I disagree. If you know what to look for, you can get tremendous deals on ebay. I've picked up several jerseys (LJ, Bowe, Urlacher) that, for $40 + shipping, are the absolute equal of the authentic Gonzalez jersey I paid over $200 for. If I can buy basically the same product for a quarter of the price, well, I'm doing it. NFL prices are flat-out highway robbery - this is what the damned things SHOULD cost. And I don't care if these things are third world knockoffs - I assume the legit ones are made much the same way in the same place. I just don't get raped to the tune of an extra $200 if I buy it on ebay.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 09:38 PM
I disagree. If you know what to look for, you can get tremendous deals on ebay. I've picked up several jerseys (LJ, Bowe, Urlacher) that, for $40 + shipping, are the absolute equal of the authentic Gonzalez jersey I paid over $200 for. If I can buy basically the same product for a quarter of the price, well, I'm doing it. NFL prices are flat-out highway robbery - this is what the damned things SHOULD cost. And I don't care if these things are third world knockoffs - I assume the legit ones are made much the same way in the same place. I just don't get raped to the tune of an extra $200 if I buy it on ebay.

We've discussed this before, Tim, and you know my background.

You CAN get good deals on Ebay, but they are fewer and far between, IMO.

The key is "if you know what to look for." Honestly, a lot of people don't, then are pissed when they get their $20 jersey and compare it to a replithentic or authentic.

I say Ebay has ruined the marketplace because, IMO, most people don't have the foggiest ****ing clue what they are looking at, see a $20 jersey, take the guys word that it's "authentic" and wonder why other guys are selling for $110-135...dealer cost.

IMO, 90% of what's on Ebay is less than replithentic grade quality. Most are crap like this, that a lot of people think is the real deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Larry-Johnson-CHIEFS-Authentic-Reebok-Jersey-Sz-48_W0QQitemZ260207136108QQihZ016QQcategoryZ24966QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Frazod
01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
We've discussed this before, Tim, and you know my background.

You CAN get good deals on Ebay, but they are fewer and far between, IMO.

The key is "if you know what to look for." Honestly, a lot of people don't, then are pissed when they get their $20 jersey and compare it to a replithentic or authentic.

I say Ebay has ruined the marketplace because, IMO, most people don't have the foggiest ****ing clue what they are looking at, see a $20 jersey, take the guys word that it's "authentic" and wonder why other guys are selling for $110-135...dealer cost.

IMO, 90% of what's on Ebay is less than replithentic grade quality. Most are crap like this, that a lot of people think is the real deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Larry-Johnson-CHIEFS-Authentic-Reebok-Jersey-Sz-48_W0QQitemZ260207136108QQihZ016QQcategoryZ24966QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why is that crap? If you look at it, all the basics are correct. The numbers on the front are slightly smaller than the ones on the back (No. 1 dead giveaway of a totally shit knockoff is number size on the back and the front are the same). Everything looks to be sewn on. The material is probably correct. Even the stitching on the inside looks right. I think that's pretty similar to the LJ jersey I bought, and after comparing it carefully to a known authentic, the differences are negligible. It's not like I'm planning to suit up, or get inspected by Carl. And I can think of many better things to do with that extra $200 than throw it to a multi-billion dollar industry that fist f#cks me at every opportunity.

The biggest problem for buying these jerseys is a very small selection, especially for a team like ours that is pretty much shit right now. Very slim pickings. Last summer, there were pages of Chiefs jersey available - now, just a handful.

smittysbar
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
I have a jersey like the one in that pick and it is very nice

luv
01-31-2008, 10:19 PM
What's the time frame on deciding? If someone gives you an offer, are you going to wait to see if someone goes higher?

You should do an CP auction!

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 10:29 PM
Why is that crap? If you look at it, all the basics are correct. The numbers on the front are slightly smaller than the ones on the back (No. 1 dead giveaway of a totally shit knockoff is number size on the back and the front are the same). Everything looks to be sewn on. The material is probably correct. Even the stitching on the inside looks right. I think that's pretty similar to the LJ jersey I bought, and after comparing it carefully to a known authentic, the differences are negligible. It's not like I'm planning to suit up, or get inspected by Carl. And I can think of many better things to do with that extra $200 than throw it to a multi-billion dollar industry that fist f#cks me at every opportunity.

The biggest problem for buying these jerseys is a very small selection, especially for a team like ours that is pretty much shit right now. Very slim pickings. Last summer, there were pages of Chiefs jersey available - now, just a handful.

It's crap because it's being sold as an authentic, when it's obviously not.

It's misleading, and it ****s honest people who are trying to sell authentic goods.

Would you be upset if you bought a Sony TV on Ebay, only to find out it was a 3rd rate knockoff with a Sony logo glued to it? You didn't get what was promised.

This has nothing to do with your jersey, as I've said before, if you like it and are happy with the money you spent, great.

But to someone that can't tell from the picture, who's expecting to get the same jersey they'd get from NFL Shop, it's deceitful, and it makes honest sellers look just as deceitful, because nobody knows who to trust.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 10:32 PM
What's the time frame on deciding? If someone gives you an offer, are you going to wait to see if someone goes higher?

You should do an CP auction!

If it's a fair offer, I'll take it on the spot. I had a legit offer on the DT jersey, but haven't heard back from that person.

Frazod
01-31-2008, 10:39 PM
It's crap because it's being sold as an authentic, when it's obviously not.

It's misleading, and it ****s honest people who are trying to sell authentic goods.

Would you be upset if you bought a Sony TV on Ebay, only to find out it was a 3rd rate knockoff with a Sony logo glued to it? You didn't get what was promised.

This has nothing to do with your jersey, as I've said before, if you like it and are happy with the money you spent, great.

But to someone that can't tell from the picture, who's expecting to get the same jersey they'd get from NFL Shop, it's deceitful, and it makes honest sellers look just as deceitful, because nobody knows who to trust.

It seems to me that an organization that sells a shirt that probably cost about $4 to make for $250 kind of corners the market on f#cking honest people. I bought one ONCE. I'll never buy another one.

And seriously, how can you compare a shirt to a television?

And most people couldn't tell the difference between my $40 jersey and one purchased from the Chiefs site for $250.

Now, I don't mean to piss in your pool here - I know you're trying to sell stuff, and if you'd rather I deleted these posts in this particular thread, I'll be happy to do so - just say the word and I'll do it. But the bottom line is the difference between authentic and my ebay special is nearly non-existent.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 10:45 PM
It seems to me that an organization that sells a shirt that probably cost about $4 to make for $250 kind of corners the market on f#cking honest people. I bought one ONCE. I'll never buy another one.

And seriously, how can you compare a shirt to a television?

And most people couldn't tell the difference between my $40 jersey and one purchased from the Chiefs site for $250.

Now, I don't mean to piss in your pool here - I know you're trying to sell stuff, and if you'd rather I deleted these posts in this particular thread, I'll be happy to do so - just say the word and I'll do it. But the bottom line is the difference between authentic and my ebay special is nearly non-existent.

No need. This has nothing to do with the stuff I'm selling, people either see the value in these things, or they don't. That's their call, not mine.

Again, I think your jersey is a rare exception, and IIRC, we had a PM discussion about the possible ways to determine its validity, and it passed with flying colors.

In my experience, you're the exception, not the rule.