PDA

View Full Version : Interesting little quip on Rotoworld about Tamba Hali

doomy3
01-30-2008, 10:57 PM
This is according to the KC Star. Pretty damning if true...

Tamba Hali-DL- Chiefs Jan. 30 - 11:45 pm et

An unnamed NFL player told the K.C. Star that his team's entire game plan one week in 2007 was to run directly at Chiefs DE Tamba Hali.

Hali is productive by the numbers, but his strength has been questioned from day one in the NFL. It seems he has a long way to go versus the run. The Chiefs definitely can't allow free agent RE Jared Allen to get away. Letting the double teams Allen draws go to Hali's side could be a disaster.
Source: Kansas City Star

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3626

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Hmm a stud DT in the middle would help that, cough Sedrick Ellis cough.

Rasputin
01-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Having Ellis on the line on Tambas side should help with all of that ;)

BigChiefFan
01-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Hali will no doubt have to improve his run stopping ability.

keg in kc
01-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Has there ever been a young DE in the NFL that hasn't had his run stopping ability questioned?

In any case, if he has a hole in his game, it's probably not strength, it's probably the same one JA has: overpursuit.

BigChiefFan
01-30-2008, 11:18 PM
JA improved in the run game and I'm confident Hali can, too. A rookie stud DT would also help the D-line as well.

blueballs
01-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Sophmore slump
Now Chiefs stop being cheap
and make a pair of shoes to fit him

acesn8s
01-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Run toward Hali to run away from Allen?

Hoover
01-30-2008, 11:40 PM
I like the idea of Ellis. Heck if we are about to PAY Jared Allen, we best help him by upprading the dline.

Rain Man
01-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Interesting.

Demonpenz
01-30-2008, 11:46 PM
They used to do the same thing to dt.

acesn8s
01-30-2008, 11:53 PM
It's not like when the Chiefs ran at D. Sanders because he couldn't tackle.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Wow. Shocking.

Who would you rather run at?

A healthy Jared Allen, or Tamba Hali on one leg?

You don't have to be Belichick to figure this riddle out.......

bowener
01-31-2008, 01:31 AM
so.... would all hell break loose if we put Ellis on the same side as Jared Allen? I mean surely they cant double team both of them on one side of the line....

bowener
01-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Something we will be able to do if we have ellis as well, that we dont do now, is have awesome stunts for th DT and DE's, like some wicked twists so the DT goes outside while JA blows past the confused guard and mauls the sonofabitch playing QB.

Reaper16
01-31-2008, 01:55 AM
Wow. Shocking.

That's what I was thinking. It was widely reported that Tamba played through injuries all season.

Micjones
01-31-2008, 02:20 AM
Much ado about nothing.

Hali's a young player who could stand to shore up his run stopping abilities. We had the same conversation about Allen a while back.

Tribal Warfare
01-31-2008, 02:41 AM
Much ado about nothing.

Hali's a young player who could stand to shore up his run stopping abilities. We had the same conversation about Allen a while back.

the guy was banged up last season too

Flustrated
01-31-2008, 03:12 AM
I have noticed this fact as I watched some of the games. Hali may not stuff the run at the point of attack, but he's great in persuit of the ball carrier. It's true he has a good motor. Overcoming the point-of-attack weakness will be a matter of learning and getting stronger as he matures.

Pushead2
01-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Yeah a stud DT would help indeed.........Jake Long please.

Monty
01-31-2008, 08:54 AM
Wow. Shocking.

No kidding...this isn't news IMO.

gblowfish
01-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Neither one of our DE's could stop the run last year. Jared Allen upfield rushed his way out of position dozens of time. And Tamba turns invisible way too often. DE was supposed to be a strength on the team, but last year, not so much on run defense.

El Jefe
01-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
Wow. Shocking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread over.

BigChiefFan
01-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Neither one of our DE's could stop the run last year. Jared Allen upfield rushed his way out of position dozens of time. And Tamba turns invisible way too often. DE was supposed to be a strength on the team, but last year, not so much on run defense.
I agree with that, but what happened to the LBers last year? Besides seeing DJ make some plays, I remember seeing running backs break past the line to see no LBing help-it's like they disppeared for minutes at a time.