PDA

View Full Version : KU drops one spot in power 16 KSU enters at 16

ArrowheadHawk
01-31-2008, 04:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/powerranking?season=2008&week=13&pollId=1

3 Kansas (1) 20-1 163

It's hard to call K-State a rival given the Jayhawks' utter domination of the series, but Kansas definitely ran into a rivalry-game atmosphere Wednesday night in Manhattan. Getting ambushed by the Wildcats doesn't invalidate everything KU has shown this season, but it does make claims to the top spot moot at this point.

16 Kansas State 15-4 26

They knew they needed to make some noise in the Big 12 to make up for a series of misses in nonconference play. How does 5-0 with a convincing beating of Kansas work? Michael Beasley gets most of the national love, but the Wildcats' surge has been keyed by the growth of Bill Walker as option 1B and the development of the team's supporting cast. Like O.J. Mayo at USC, Beasley has recently had to do less, which has meant more success for KSU.

ArrowheadHawk
01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
I guess nobody cares.

Fish
01-31-2008, 04:39 PM
What's gonna happen when the Cats get beat by half of a Mizzou team this weekend?

:)

mikeyis4dcats.
01-31-2008, 04:43 PM
What's gonna happen when the Cats get beat by half of a Mizzou team this weekend?

:)

Apparently Mizzou only plans to suspend them for the 1 game they thought they could give them up for. Reports are they will be back for Saturday.

BigVE
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
I guess nobody cares.

This time of year? Not so much. Thanks for the info though.

ChiTown
01-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Apparently Mizzou only plans to suspend them for the 1 game they thought they could give them up for. Reports are they will be back for Saturday.

Actually, that is great. I want tour guys to be challenged on the road. That will only help this team continue to grow.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Actually, that is great. I want tour guys to be challenged on the road. That will only help this team continue to grow.

it's doesn't bother me from a competitive standpoint, but IMHO it looks like MU decided to give a suspension when it could hurt them least (they thought) and either planned all along, or decided to after losing reinstate them.

From reading the Tiger boards, most of the fans think they should be gone longer, and many fans think Butterfield should be booted since this is his second suspension this season (domestic violence)