PDA

View Full Version : Cool: Lamar Hunt Patch to become permanent part of uniform

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 05:57 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/01/31/lamar_hunt_patch_becomes_a_permanent_part_of_the_chiefs_uniform/

Lamar Hunt Patch Becomes a Permanent Part of the Chiefs Uniform
Jan 31, 2008, 9:14:54 AM

Kansas City Chiefs Chairman Clark Hunt announced on Thursday that the club has received approval from the National Football League to make the Lamar Hunt patch a permanent addition to the Chiefs uniform beginning in 2008. The Chiefs wore the patch in 2007 as a tribute to their Founder, who passed away on December 13, 2006.

“For all of his countless accomplishments in the world of sports, my father’s legacy will always be most closely linked to the founding of the American Football League and its subsequent merger with the NFL,” Clark Hunt commented. “The patch is a fitting tribute for his contributions to the league and a permanent reminder of the indelible mark he left on the game.”

Lamar Hunt served as the guiding force behind the formation of both the American Football League and the Kansas City Chiefs franchise. Few individuals helped change the face of America’s favorite game for the better than this quiet Texan. Hunt played a key role in the AFL-NFL merger talks in the ‘60s and actually coined the term “Super Bowl.”

As part of this permanent tribute to Hunt on Kansas City’s uniform, the Chiefs will continue to wear a commemorative patch that prominently features the American Football League logo to serve as a reminder of Hunt’s formation of the AFL and the lasting impact that league has made on the game of professional football. True to Hunt’s humble style, the letters “LH” are subtly displayed on the football of the AFL logo, symbolizing the fact that the Chiefs Founder always put the best interests of the league ahead of his own. The patch is be affixed to the left chest of both Kansas City’s home and road jerseys, meaning this piece of woven symbolism will be worn over the heart of every Chiefs player.

Micjones
01-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Can we get a patch that says "no playoff wins since 1994"?

Buns
01-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Pretty cool that this is staying on the unis
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/85/LH-Patch577w.png/150px-LH-Patch577w.png

Kraus
01-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Very cool.

seclark
01-31-2008, 07:48 PM
in

KcMizzou
01-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Nice gesture. The guy's a legend.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Another ingenious Carl plan to raise the profits from jersey sales.

KcMizzou
01-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Heh, bunch of cynical bastards. You know Lamar deserves it.. no need to list reasons. Just take it for what it is.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Another ingenious Carl plan to raise the profits from jersey sales.

Wha?

I'm a little slow tonight, could you explain that one to me?

Hammock Parties
01-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Wha?

I'm a little slow tonight, could you explain that one to me?

I own a Larry Johnson jersey. I don't own a Larry Johnson jersey with a Lamar Hunt patch.

KcMizzou
01-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Wha?

I'm a little slow tonight, could you explain that one to me?I'm assuming he's joking, but if someone needs their jersey to be "up to date" that badly, I don't have a whole hell of a lot of sympathy for them anyway.

I mean, you wouldn't catch me running around in a Grbac jersey or anything, but geez... what's the big deal?

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 08:36 PM
I own a Larry Johnson jersey. I don't own a Larry Johnson jersey with a Lamar Hunt patch.

Step 1: Spend $1.99 on the patch.

Step 2: Sew it on. Have your mom do it.

Step 3: Proudly wear your LJ jersey with Lamar Hunt Patch.

Pretty easy process, I did it last summer. My mother was not part of the process, however.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2008, 08:37 PM

Pretty easy process, I did it last summer.

Lots of people won't bother...they want the "official" merchandise...and Carl is only too happy to provide it.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Lots of people won't bother...they want the "official" merchandise...and Carl is only too happy to provide it.

If they are dumb enough to spend another $80-$250 on a jersey, just because the Chiefs or the league told some kid in a sweatshop EXACTLY where to place it, then I have no sympathies for them, and honestly, they deserved to get screwed.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 08:42 PM
You wouldn't know unless I told you that this was done by a seamstress, and wasn't shipped this way.....

Hammock Parties
01-31-2008, 08:42 PM
If they are dumb enough to spend another $80-$250 on a jersey, just because the Chiefs or the league told some kid in a sweatshop EXACTLY where to place it, then I have no sympathies for them, and honestly, they deserved to get screwed.

Carl probably thinks most fans are dumb.

OnTheWarpath15
01-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Carl probably thinks most fans are dumb.

If they are buying new jerseys just for a patch, then he's 100% correct.

teedubya
01-31-2008, 08:47 PM

Pretty easy process, I did it last summer. My mother was not part of the process, however.

Your mom has a nice patch.

HemiEd
01-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Nice gesture. The guy's a legend.

Agreed, and it is good to see continued involvement from Clark. The more active he is, no matter what it is, has to be good for the future of the Chiefs.

Reerun_KC
01-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Will this increase parking?

StcChief
01-31-2008, 09:12 PM
I would hope so.... Bears have had the GSH armband since he died 1983 and team founder in 1920.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Halas

BigRedChief
02-01-2008, 07:24 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/01/31/lamar_hunt_patch_becomes_a_permanent_part_of_the_chiefs_uniform/

Lamar Hunt Patch Becomes a Permanent Part of the Chiefs Uniform
Jan 31, 2008, 9:14:54 AM

Kansas City Chiefs Chairman Clark Hunt announced on Thursday that the club has received approval from the National Football League to make the Lamar Hunt patch a permanent addition to the Chiefs uniform beginning in 2008. The Chiefs wore the patch in 2007 as a tribute to their Founder, who passed away on December 13, 2006.

“For all of his countless accomplishments in the world of sports, my father’s legacy will always be most closely linked to the founding of the American Football League and its subsequent merger with the NFL,” Clark Hunt commented. “The patch is a fitting tribute for his contributions to the league and a permanent reminder of the indelible mark he left on the game.”

Lamar Hunt served as the guiding force behind the formation of both the American Football League and the Kansas City Chiefs franchise. Few individuals helped change the face of America’s favorite game for the better than this quiet Texan. Hunt played a key role in the AFL-NFL merger talks in the ‘60s and actually coined the term “Super Bowl.”

As part of this permanent tribute to Hunt on Kansas City’s uniform, the Chiefs will continue to wear a commemorative patch that prominently features the American Football League logo to serve as a reminder of Hunt’s formation of the AFL and the lasting impact that league has made on the game of professional football. True to Hunt’s humble style, the letters “LH” are subtly displayed on the football of the AFL logo, symbolizing the fact that the Chiefs Founder always put the best interests of the league ahead of his own. The patch is be affixed to the left chest of both Kansas City’s home and road jerseys, meaning this piece of woven symbolism will be worn over the heart of every Chiefs player.
This thread needs a pic of the LH stickers we left behind on the seat at the RCA dome at the Indy playoff game.

kpic
02-01-2008, 08:26 AM
I've got a better way to honor the man.............how about winning the "Lamar Hunt" trophy one of these years???