PDA

View Full Version : Aw hell here we go again

Nzoner
02-02-2008, 10:29 AM
PHOENIX - One night before the Patriots [team stats] face the Giants in Super Bowl XLII, new allegations have emerged about a Patriots employee taping the Rams’ final walkthrough before Super Bowl XXXVI. (http://tinyurl.com/2sgl44)

Huffman83
02-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Nothings shocking....

doomy3
02-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Cheaters.

Bugeater
02-02-2008, 10:40 AM
They should forfeit the game, all of their trophies, and Belichick should be summarily executed.

Sure-Oz
02-02-2008, 10:41 AM
lmfao, go giants!

Deberg_1990
02-02-2008, 10:45 AM
But Whitlock says we should all be rooting for the Pats.

underEJ
02-02-2008, 10:52 AM
What happens on a final walk through aside from the team picture?

It doesn't sound like a place to get really good information on tape.

stonedstooge
02-02-2008, 10:55 AM
So lets give them more incentive to win the game. Damn I'm rooting for the Giants.

dirk digler
02-02-2008, 10:56 AM
What happens on a final walk through aside from the team picture?

It doesn't sound like a place to get really good information on tape.

Read the article.

underEJ
02-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Woops sorry, there was a popup ad over that part the first time I looked at it.

Chiefnj2
02-02-2008, 11:06 AM
“There was no indication that it benefited them in any of the Super Bowl victories.”

I like his use of the word "benefited".

Smells like a big cover up.

underEJ
02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
There is an ESPN article up about the ex-video guy who is a golf pro in Hawaii now, and he sounds as shady as anyone else involved. Maybe he knows something. Maybe he has some tapes. Maybe he's bound by a non-disclosure agreement. Maybe someone will tell him what's in it for him. It's a full page that says absolutely nothing, but the date would indicate he's the one who would have been taping in this walkthrough.

http://tinyurl.com/38mqzu

dj56dt58
02-02-2008, 11:40 AM
There is an ESPN article up about the ex-video guy who is a golf pro in Hawaii now, and he sounds as shady as anyone else involved. Maybe he knows something. Maybe he has some tapes. Maybe he's bound by a non-disclosure agreement. Maybe someone will tell him what's in it for him. It's a full page that says absolutely nothing, but the date would indicate he's the one who would have been taping in this walkthrough.

http://tinyurl.com/38mqzu
sounds like someone lookin for a big payday...

Simplex3
02-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Well, that would certainly explain how the Rams couldn't get anything going on offense until they basically threw their playbook away.

F**k the Patriots. Here's how this works out best:

1. They win tomorrow by a blowout.
2. The team's plane goes down in a fireball on the way home, killing all but a few players and lower-end coaches and equipment guys.
3. Without the threat of being blackballed by the Pats and their cheating players, the surviving members admit to the rampant cheating that the team did, forever ruining their image and causing such a stink that the NFL is forced to take some drastic measures.

Simplex3
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh, and by the way, anyone holding out hope that this will ever be proved can forget it. The betting industry won't let it happen.

kstater
02-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh, and by the way, anyone holding out hope that this will ever be proved can forget it. The betting industry won't let it happen.

DING DING DING

el borracho
02-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Go Giants!

evolve27
02-02-2008, 12:06 PM
2. The team's plane goes down in a fireball on the way home, killing all but a few players and lower-end coaches and equipment guys.

:shake:

Adept Havelock
02-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Heh. So it's the Pats fault that Mike Martz kept trying to throw deep against 6-7 D-Backs in that SB? LMAO

The Rams lost because Martz didn't believe he had to run the ball. That was the most obvious lack of adjustment due to arrogance/idiocy I had ever seen in the postseason...until KC at Indy in '06.

Eleazar
02-02-2008, 12:12 PM
There's starting to be a lot of smoke here, for there not to be a fire.

Sure-Oz
02-02-2008, 12:14 PM
I think this guy just wants a potential 19-0 teams sb ring

Adept Havelock
02-02-2008, 12:16 PM
There's starting to be a lot of smoke here, for there not to be a fire.

They may have, but it doesn't change the fact that Mike Martz's arrogance is what cost St. Louis that game.

The dumbass thought his QB and WR's were so great he didn't have to run and could throw deep every other play against Dime and 7 D-Back sets. :shrug:

When he finally started handing the ball to Faulk late in the game, they started moving the chains. Damn shame Martz was too arrogant to do that sooner. LMAO

Bill S Preston
02-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm so tired of all of this crap. Either take away their trophies, or shut the **** up. The fact that Specter is running this thing takes away all credibility in my opinion. Specter has been trying to stick it to the NFL for years over the non disclosure crap, and he's been bought and paid for by comcast to do it.

Eleazar
02-02-2008, 12:23 PM
They may have, but it doesn't change the fact that Mike Martz's arrogance is what cost St. Louis that game.

The dumbass thought his QB and WR's were so great he didn't have to run and could throw deep every other play against Dime and 7 D-Back sets. :shrug:

When he finally started handing the ball to Faulk late in the game, they started moving the chains. Damn shame Martz was too arrogant to do that sooner. LMAO

That's true, but you have the Jets who caught them red-handed, now it looks like they did it to the Rams too, and the Eagles had some players who claimed they had done it as well. I mean, how do I know they haven't been stealing signs from every team they have played since this whole thing started?

Simplex3
02-02-2008, 12:25 PM
You know, this isn't the cause, but I'm just going through the motions tomorrow. Yeah, I'm hosting the party. Yeah, I'll have the food. Yeah, the game will be on. For the first time in years though the food is the more interesting part of the day.

I find myself caring less and less about the NFL.

SLAG
02-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Go Pats!

Adept Havelock
02-02-2008, 12:33 PM
That's true, but you have the Jets who caught them red-handed, now it looks like they did it to the Rams too, and the Eagles had some players who claimed they had done it as well. I mean, how do I know they haven't been stealing signs from every team they have played since this whole thing started?

They may have. However, with the NFL's interest in protecting its brand I have a feeling we will never know the truth. I just can't bring myself to care about it much one way or another.

More than anything else, I posted because I hate Mike Martz, and that SB was truly his worst moment ever. :)

go bo
02-02-2008, 01:03 PM
:shake:oh, c'mon...

heck, worse things than that have been said about most teams...

btw, if nobody else has done it first, welcome aboard... :toast:

Bob Dole
02-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Reads like the guy in just another bigshot-wannabe loser who's trying to make himself look important and make a buck.

beach tribe
02-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Go Pats!
Did you know that Jesus Christ is your lord and savior? He he.

BigMeatballDave
02-02-2008, 01:15 PM
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'. The only thing the Pats did wrong was get caught. Maybe Carl should start a video collection on opposing teams...

stonedstooge
02-02-2008, 01:16 PM
I don't know about Senator Specter getting involved. He's been after the Commissioner about destroying the tapes. He wields a lot of power in Washington and has for years. He's one dude I wouldn't want after my ass.

Joie
02-02-2008, 01:54 PM
You know, this isn't the cause, but I'm just going through the motions tomorrow. Yeah, I'm hosting the party. Yeah, I'll have the food. Yeah, the game will be on. For the first time in years though the food is the more interesting part of the day.

I find myself caring less and less about the NFL.
Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl may prove to be a more interesting game.

SLAG
02-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Did you know that Jesus Christ is your lord and savior? He he.

I had no idea thanks for the heads up

Nzoner
02-02-2008, 02:14 PM
So lets give them more incentive to win the game. Damn I'm rooting for the Giants.

Oh you're gonna love my Brady jersey :)

DaFace
02-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Meh.

Mecca
02-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Jealousy runs deep for a lot of people...

Either way they will not ever take their Super Bowl trophies it would kill the league and everything it's about.

kstater
02-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Jealousy runs deep for a lot of people...

Either way they will not ever take their Super Bowl trophies it would kill the league and everything it's about.

I'm thinking that's why the league destroyed those tapes so quickly.