PDA

View Full Version : what an awful day for Patriots fans!

Hootie
02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
18-1, a team that will forever go down in history (and that's not a good thing)...

and spygate part II now takes their 1st Super Bowl into question...if evidence turns up, that would be huge...they'd almost have to forfeit their Super Bowl if everything is true.

And then all of their Super Bowls will come into question...

Can't say I've had a better day football wise in a LOOOOONG time.

el borracho
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Good. If they find evidence of cheating I hope Belichik is suspended.

ArrowheadHawk
02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
It can't be that bad. They have won 3 out of the last 7 superbowls.

Hootie
02-04-2008, 05:57 PM
It can't be that bad. They have won 3 out of the last 7 superbowls.
that are in the process of all being tarnished because of this spygate stuff...

MTG#10
02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EU1O-hGxgg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0EU1O-hGxgg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

kstater
02-04-2008, 06:35 PM
LMAO

Deberg_1990
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Cant say i feel too sorry for a team thats been to 6 Super Bowls in 22 years.

Amnorix
02-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, life's tough.

Hey, I'm predicting we'll win the division AGAIN next year. Probably be in the AFCCG if not the Super Bowl again as well. How are things looking for your club?

unothadeal
02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah, life's tough.

Hey, I'm predicting we'll win the division AGAIN next year. Probably be in the AFCCG if not the Super Bowl again as well. How are things looking for your club?
Don't worry. We'll be ready in two years

Bwana
02-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah, life's tough.

We have Carl, enough said.

Deberg_1990
02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
How are things looking for your club?

At least when our club wins we do it legitimately.

Simply Red
02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah, life's tough.

This is so unlike you.

Bwana
02-04-2008, 08:21 PM
At least win our club wins we do it legitimately.

Our club wins? Carl, is that you? Burn in hell Carl, BURN IN HELL!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-04-2008, 08:24 PM
This is so unlike you.

Yeah, I made a nasty comment until I realized how out of character it was for him and deleted it. You can't blame him for being upset, we all would be too had our team accomplished more than any team in history, just to piss it away in the very last game. I know I'd be crushed.

The Franchise
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Yeah, life's tough.

It must be hard playing the Bills, Jets and Dolphins every year. Come back when you play in a real division.

Buehler445
02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Dude, don't talk shit on Amnorix. He has been humble as hell when his team was winning superbowls. IMO he has earned a snide comment or two.

Amnorix, Please understand when people don't take kindly to perceived cheating.

Hootie
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah, life's tough.

Meh.

Not so good.

But at least we didn't cheat our way to 3 Super Bowl wins...taping the Rams last Super Bowl walk-through? Knowing exactly what they are going to run?

The Patriots are stooping to Barry Bonds level here...all 3 Super Bowl wins are tarnished.

Congratulations.

Hootie
02-04-2008, 08:37 PM
I read an excerpt from an article on ESPN.com from someone who said it was almost like the Patriots knew what the Rams were running is Super Bowl XXXVI...

Hmm...

Eleazar
02-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I can't say that the spygate stuff didn't cast doubt on the team's greatness, just a hair. I mean, sure they probably would have won those three titles. Probably.

But I don't know how widespread the cheating was. Some guy said they did it to the Rams back in 2001. I don't know what his word is worth, but still. How do I know it hasn't happened in every game since then?

Not to take anything away from them. But spygate definitely diminished them in my mind. That's basically why I didn't mind seeing the Giants win.

Spott
02-04-2008, 09:08 PM
It must be hard playing the Bills, Jets and Dolphins every year. Come back when you play in a real division.

Because the AFC West was so great this year. :rolleyes:

The Franchise
02-04-2008, 10:33 PM

At least it was competitive for a little bit. You know damn well that every year the Pats are going to roll over that division with ease.

Buck
02-04-2008, 10:35 PM

We did represent in the AFCCG, more than you can say for the North or the South.

02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, life's tough.

Helps to be in a division that all but guarantees you 6 wins.

Mama Hip Rockets
02-04-2008, 11:36 PM
aw, poor patriots fans.

Dylan
02-05-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm crushed

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02042008/sports/giants/02042008_brady/photo01.jpg

SBK
02-05-2008, 01:38 AM
This cheating thing is going to be much bigger than people think. The NFL destroyed all the evidence and gave the media the cold shoulder to cover it up. Belicheat is done, and I don't think too many people are going to look back on this "dynasty" as the fans in NE hope.

It is funny that the one SB they couldn't cheat in they lost......

TEX
02-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Yeah, life's tough.

Sounds just like a Bronco fan - CHEATERS all sound the same. ROFL

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 06:49 AM
This is so unlike you.

Yes, Hootie annoyed me. I'll try not to let it happen again. :D

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Meh.

Not so good.

But at least we didn't cheat our way to 3 Super Bowl wins...taping the Rams last Super Bowl walk-through? Knowing exactly what they are going to run?

The Patriots are stooping to Barry Bonds level here...all 3 Super Bowl wins are tarnished.

Congratulations.

We'll see about taping the walk through. I doubt we'll ever get proof of that -- just shadowy innuendo by pissed off haters like yourself.

I don't see the SBs as being tarnished at all, but you can think whatever you like.

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Helps to be in a division that all but guarantees you 6 wins.

That's only a recent development. In '01 and '04 the Jets were a 10 win club. The 2001 Dolphins were an 11 win team, and in '03 a 10 win team.

The Bills have been mediocre for most of the past decade, but usually were a 6-8 win team.

There's no doubt that NOW all three teams totally suck, but that hasn't been the case for the entire Pats dynasty or anything.

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 07:02 AM
This cheating thing is going to be much bigger than people think. The NFL destroyed all the evidence and gave the media the cold shoulder to cover it up. Belicheat is done, and I don't think too many people are going to look back on this "dynasty" as the fans in NE hope.

It is funny that the one SB they couldn't cheat in they lost......

Was it "funny" when we ran the table this year, and won something like 9 games against teams with 10+ wins? Was it "funny" when we beat the AFC South champion (Colts), AFC North champion (Steelers), AFC West champion TWICE (Bolts), and the NFC East Champion (Cowboys) and two NFC Wild Card teams ('skins and Giants)?

Did I mention that Colts, Bolts and Steelers were all in THEIR house.

Get control of your hatred cuz you're looking a little silly.

Hootie
02-05-2008, 07:58 AM
We'll see about taping the walk through. I doubt we'll ever get proof of that -- just shadowy innuendo by pissed off haters like yourself.

I don't see the SBs as being tarnished at all, but you can think whatever you like.
I am a hater. You are correct. The Patriots and their "dynasty" wouldn't bother me so much if everyone would open their eyes and realize Tom Brady isn't as good or as clutch as everyone makes him out to be. Leading your team on a few 20 yard field goal drives isn't clutch...having a defense and a coach carry a team to three Super Bowls that you just so happen to be the QB of doesn't make you clutch...Brady has managed the playoffs extremely well in his career...but not one time has he been the game breaker...I was almost hoping the Pats would win that game 14-10 so I could hear all of the ignorant blabber about how "clutch" Brady was on that last TD drive...the drive where he dumped the ball off to Welker 5 times in a row and watched him play after play...I was a little saddened it didn't happen...I wanted to hear everyone s*ck off Tom Brady for not showing up in the biggest game of his life and having the Pats D win it from him once again...I wanted to see that! For someone pulling for anyone but the Patriots the entire season, I can't believe I was actually disappointed when they lost...I really wanted to see everyone s*ck off Brady for a flat, piss poor performance...because he obviously wasn't prepared...

Hootie
02-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Was it "funny" when we ran the table this year, and won something like 9 games against teams with 10+ wins? Was it "funny" when we beat the AFC South champion (Colts), AFC North champion (Steelers), AFC West champion TWICE (Bolts), and the NFC East Champion (Cowboys) and two NFC Wild Card teams ('skins and Giants)?

a Reggie Wayne drop was the only reason the Pats beat the Colts...the Colts totally outplayed the Pats in that game...the Colts are in serious need of a real head coach...they win despite Dungy and his play not to lose ball...they'd be better off with Peyton as player coach.

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 08:36 AM
a Reggie Wayne drop was the only reason the Pats beat the Colts...the Colts totally outplayed the Pats in that game...the Colts are in serious need of a real head coach...they win despite Dungy and his play not to lose ball...they'd be better off with Peyton as player coach.

And a Troy Brown drop was the only reason we didn't win the AFCCG last year, and I certainly don't think we would've lost to the Bears in the SB.

If you're going to revisit history, then you open alot of silly pandoras boxes.

Hootie
02-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Manning >>>>>> Brady

Hootie
02-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Yankees have the curse of A-ROD, the Patriots have the curse of Vinateri!

Their real captain clutch is gone and now they'll never win another Super Bowl.

Kerberos
02-05-2008, 08:52 AM

I'm on your side here but I have to say that there are A LOT of people out there with the same sentiment as Hootie and as any and all proof comes in that list will continue to rise.

EVEN if they did nothing wrong there will be a lot of speculation surrounding 3 superbowl wins.

Perception is reality and the Pats have a lot of gound to make up to change that perception.

SBK
02-05-2008, 08:56 AM

Is your team good? Yes. Are they cheaters? Yes. I don't care who you beat how many times, you cheated.

I wonder if the media is going to come out and offer an * to your team the same way they want to hand one to Barry Bonds?

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Manning >>>>>> Brady

Only in your world and the great state of Indiana...

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 09:00 AM

Their real captain clutch is gone and now they'll never win another Super Bowl.

You realize how silly you sound, yes?

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm on your side here but I have to say that there are A LOT of people out there with the same sentiment as Hootie and as any and all proof comes in that list will continue to rise.

EVEN if they did nothing wrong there will be a lot of speculation surrounding 3 superbowl wins.

Perception is reality and the Pats have a lot of gound to make up to change that perception.

Perhaps, but I can't affect that perception either way, so I'm not going to waste much time worrying about it.

Phobia
02-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Is your team good? Yes. Are they cheaters? Yes. I don't care who you beat how many times, you cheated.

I wonder if the media is going to come out and offer an * to your team the same way they want to hand one to Barry Bonds?
That's kinda the way I feel about it. Cheaters. I don't care how credible the guy is, he's a lot more credible than the Patriots organization. The Patriots are tarnished.

Great team. It's a shame they felt it necessary to cheat.

acesn8s
02-05-2008, 10:46 AM

Their real captain clutch is gone and now they'll never win another Super Bowl.I hope so

InChiefsHeaven
02-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I think a possible telling thing is the FACT that no other team has been able to have this kind of domination since the beginning of free agency, which was supposed to end the days of the dynasty. Yet NE has been able to do it...now, I'm not saying it's all because of cheating, but in an age where NFL athletes are really not that far away from each other talent wise, it makes one at least wonder about how the Pats were able to be so successful with "mediocre players" (ie, no superstars, that's their claim to fame). Was it because they gained an advantage outside of the rules?

I honestly don't think I know the answer, but it's a legit question.

blueballs
02-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Pats have a lot of work to do
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/05/after_loss_come_more_decisions/
Do you re-sign a 31 y o Moss

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I think a possible telling thing is the FACT that no other team has been able to have this kind of domination since the beginning of free agency, which was supposed to end the days of the dynasty. Yet NE has been able to do it...now, I'm not saying it's all because of cheating, but in an age where NFL athletes are really not that far away from each other talent wise, it makes one at least wonder about how the Pats were able to be so successful with "mediocre players" (ie, no superstars, that's their claim to fame). Was it because they gained an advantage outside of the rules?

I honestly don't think I know the answer, but it's a legit question.

The Colts have had something like 5 12+ win seasons in a row...

02-05-2008, 12:52 PM
The Colts have had something like 5 12+ win seasons in a row...
Why the red hoodie though? don't you think mumbles made a major error in judgment by not going with the grey hoodie?

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Why the red hoodie though? don't you think mumbles made a major error in judgment by not going with the grey hoodie?

Someone at my very small SB party was not happy about the red hoodie.

I could give a rat's ass personally, as I'm pretty unsuperstititous.

02-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Someone at my very small SB party was not happy about the red hoodie.

I could give a rat's ass personally, as I'm pretty unsuperstititous.
He looked awfully uncomfortable in that red hoodie. but maybe it was also the fact that it was his first super bowl he didn't have the coaches signals or see his opponents final pregame walkthru.

He definitely didn't look like his normal stone faced self. it's just an observation.

Donger
02-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Meh. I doubt a single Chiefs fan would hesitate to trade places with a Patriots fan.

Duck Dog
02-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Meh. I doubt a single Chiefs fan would hesitate to trade places with a Patriots fan.

You're damn right. I really don't know why so many people hate the Pats. It's not like the Cowboys of the 70's calling themselves 'America's Team'. I always hated that and them for it.

stonedstooge
02-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Mr. Amnorix. Win or lose you have to admit it was a hell of a game. Most fun one to watch in many years. I used to like Bellicheck's(sp) demeanor but now it's hard to like that uniqueness that he displayed. He fits the role of the type that perhaps would do something shady. I'm just glad the game was close and fun to watch. It could end up being like the steroids issue in baseball. What do you do? You just can't erase the last 7 or how many years of the football seasons. I hate to see it happen in either sport. It makes it seem more to the level of professional wrestling. And who knows, maybe someone with enough power and influence and money caused the outcome.

Bugeater
02-05-2008, 01:20 PM
He looked awfully uncomfortable in that red hoodie. but maybe it was also the fact that it was his first super bowl he didn't have the coaches signals or see his opponents final pregame walkthru.
:LOL:

You're damn right. I really don't know why so many people hate the Pats. It's not like the Cowboys of the 70's calling themselves 'America's Team'. I always hated that and them for it.
Right or wrong, people get sick of the same team winning every year. IMO if the Pats hadn't have already won 3 SBs this decade more people would've been on their bandwagon this year.

InChiefsHeaven
02-05-2008, 01:24 PM

Right or wrong, people get sick of the same team winning every year. IMO if the Pats hadn't have already won 3 SBs this decade more people would've been on their bandwagon this year.

Ironically, I don't remember hating the 9ers this much...

Bugeater
02-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Ironically, I don't remember hating the 9ers this much...
I wasn't really a big NFL fan during the early part of their run, but one factor could be that most of their SB wins were fairly spread apart, they went back-to-back once, but other than that there were several years between them. I was getting tired of them by the mid-90's though.

teedubya
02-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Belicheck was hooking up with this married chick for like a decade... so you know he is shady.

Cheating is something that is ingrained into his being. **** him.

Lombardi never lost a superbowl, neither did Bill Walsh.

He wanted to cheat his was to being the Greatest ever, and his ego got checked by the Giants, and he ran off the field like a little pussy with :01 seconds left.

I laughed at the douche in his bright red sweatshirt.

KurtCobain
02-05-2008, 01:59 PM
It hurt me seeing the Pats lose. My love is the Chiefs, but I can't help but be a fan of the Patriots. Every team in the NFL cheats(besides the chiefs) so big ****ing whoop. The Steelers and the packers and the niners and the cowboys probably all cheated as well, they just didnt get caught. Pats dynasty is well established in my mind.

KurtCobain
02-05-2008, 02:02 PM
in his bright red sweatshirt.

The only reason he lost. Lady luck's a bitch, and a fan of grey sweatshirts.

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 02:03 PM

Lombardi did lose a championship game before there were Super Bowls. And other coaches who have lost Super Bowls include such pathetic losers as Landry, Shula, Hank Stram (cough), and Joe Gibbs.

So try again, as your barbs are badly aimed and your jealousy is showing...

KurtCobain
02-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Lombardi did lose a championship game before there were Super Bowls. And other coaches who have lost Super Bowls include such pathetic losers as Landry, Shula, Hank Stram (cough), and Joe Gibbs.

I'm on your side and I like belicheck, but don't go there man. That's not even cool, sarcasm or not.

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm on your side and I like belicheck, but don't go there man. That's not even cool, sarcasm or not. I wasn't trying to be a dick. Honestly pointing out that lots of great coaches have lost Super Bowls.

pikesome
02-05-2008, 02:12 PM

Did any of those coaches get censured (if you could even call it that) for cheating? All other factor aside the cheating did happen and that's the only barb that needs to land.

teedubya
02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Lombardi never lost a superbowl, neither did Bill Walsh.

HAHAHA... Loser.

KurtCobain
02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Did any of those coaches get censured (if you could even call it that) for cheating? All other factor aside the cheating did happen and that's the only barb that needs to land.

Everyone cheats.(except the chiefs)

Pushead2
02-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Wish we did....

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 02:17 PM

Get caught and penalized? No.

Cheat...well.....

Read Dick Vermeil's quotes from a day or so ago to see what alot of NFL coaches think about this stuff. Jimmy Johnson, Cowher, most of the head coaches who have come out on this all shrug it off as being the same silliness that has gone on in the NFL forever.

So my turn to ask a question -- is Belichick a Hall of Fame coach?

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
HAHAHA... Loser.
Duh, I specifically said it the way I did because of that. Or are all NFL championships prior to '67 disregarded?

Lombardi did lose a championship game before there were Super Bowls.

Look up the NFL's hall of fame coaches -- ALL of them are multi-playoff game losers, and many lost at least once, if not multiple times, in the championship game.

Your statement is just silly.

pikesome
02-05-2008, 02:22 PM

If the Chiefs are cheating they are doing an incredibly piss poor job of it.

I don't care if everyone cheats or not, why should ethical behavior go out the window for expediency and results? And why are people so quick to decide it's not important? While the stakes were higher it's not unlike Watergate.

KurtCobain
02-05-2008, 02:25 PM
is Belichick a Hall of Fame coach?

Not yet. Maybe if he would've beat the Giants, but now he has work to do. You point out that Stram also lost a superbowl, but THEN he won one. Belicheck has to redeem himself while the media is watching out for him to cheat.

pikesome
02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Get caught and penalized? No.

Cheat...well.....

Read Dick Vermeil's quotes from a day or so ago to see what alot of NFL coaches think about this stuff. Jimmy Johnson, Cowher, most of the head coaches who have come out on this all shrug it off as being the same silliness that has gone on in the NFL forever.

So my turn to ask a question -- is Belichick a Hall of Fame coach?

Short answer? No. Cheating, in my book, is an instant disqualifier. I don't care if every single other coach in the history of pro football did it. I don't care if it didn't help. This isn't even like the Bonds deal where he probably cheated, evidence was gathered and the team 'convicted' (as far as the NFL does such things). And BB, in a lame ass and intelligence insulting fashion, admitted it.

Track and Field strips medals when players are caught cheating, even for things not drug related. That's not what the NFL does but maybe it should.

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Not yet. Maybe if he would've beat the Giants, but now he has work to do. You point out that Stram also lost a superbowl, but THEN he won one. Belicheck has to redeem himself while the media is watching out for him to cheat.

You're kidding yourself if you think he isn't a slam dunk HOF coach if he retired this offseason, unless they find something REALLY explosive in terms of cheating or whatever.

Amnorix
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Short answer? No. Cheating, in my book, is an instant disqualifier. I don't care if every single other coach in the history of pro football did it. I don't care if it didn't help. This isn't even like the Bonds deal where he probably cheated, evidence was gathered and the team 'convicted' (as far as the NFL does such things). And BB, in a lame ass and intelligence insulting fashion, admitted it.

Track and Field strips medals when players are caught cheating, even for things not drug related. That's not what the NFL does but maybe it should.

:shrug: You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I doubt it will keep him out of the HOF however. Not even close.

pikesome
02-05-2008, 05:36 PM
:shrug: You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I doubt it will keep him out of the HOF however. Not even close.

I'm sure he'll get in, but you wanted to know what I thought should happen. Being in the HOF doesn't wash hands clean. Much like Barry, you have to wonder how much was real and how much was "help". Combine BB's lack of contriteness and the NFL's speed to the shredders, well...

Deberg_1990
02-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Great team. It's a shame they felt it necessary to cheat.

Exactly. Its not like they needed to cheat to win. They are good enough on their own.