PDA

View Full Version : Is this Chiefs draft possible, IYO?

Frankie
02-05-2008, 01:05 PM
1- Jake Long (OT)
2- Patrick Lee (CB)
3- Trevor Laws (DT)
4- Peyton Hillis (FB)
5a- Carl Nicks (OT)

....So far.... Will a high calliber FB last until the 4th? How about Nicks? Will last until early 5?

RustShack
02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I would rather have Owen Schmitt than Hills, but I don't have a clue when either will get drafted. Personally I wouldn't take a FB until like the 6th or 7th round.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Possible? At least the first 3 rounds are.

The odds of Nicks falling to the 5th is slim/none, and IMO, never draft a FB, or if you do, do it late.

IMO, that scenario would be a very average draft for a team with a Top 5 pick in each round.

xbarretx
02-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Possible? At least the first 3 rounds are.

The odds of Nicks falling to the 5th is slim/none, and IMO, never draft a FB, or if you do, do it late.

IMO, that scenario would be a very average draft for a team with a Top 5 pick in each round.

yeah, and im still high on getting Bowe some help in the 4th. we need an actual set of wr's not just one guy or two guys (including TG) lets make so teams MUST respect our passing game with some WR threats!

RustShack
02-05-2008, 01:31 PM
If we take Ellis/Doresy in the 1st, and if Sweed falls to the 2nd round, do we draft him? I personally really want to see us pick up Bryant Johnson to be our #2 reciever.

Mecca
02-05-2008, 01:36 PM
I don't really like this draft....

You basically make it a 1 player draft with the way those picks based out.

xbarretx
02-05-2008, 01:38 PM
If we take Ellis/Doresy in the 1st, and if Sweed falls to the 2nd round, do we draft him? I personally really want to see us pick up Bryant Johnson to be our #2 reciever.

thats a big toughie b/c we could probably grab a good WR in the 3rd or 4th. if in the 2nd all OT's are reaches then id be ok with grabbing him... it would get really confusing if Hardy fell to the 2nd......

its a tough draft to call when drafts predict up to 5 OT's taken in the first alone....

HolmeZz
02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I could live with it because I like Laws a lot. I think there will be better corners than Lee available in the 2nd.

Frankie
02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't really like this draft....

You basically make it a 1 player draft with the way those picks based out.
How so?

Frankie
02-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I could live with it because I like Laws a lot. I think there will be better corners than Lee available in the 2nd.
I like Laws too. As for Lee, I originally picked him 3rd, but then I thought he probably won't last until then. Maybe I could be wrong .

KurtCobain
02-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I like Lee in the third, I think he'll hang. Either that, or we should trade down in the second to snag him.

Micjones
02-05-2008, 02:48 PM
This is probably a B-/C+ draft.

Long's been my pick for the Chiefs #1 all along.
Couldn't ask for anything better there.

Patrick Lee is raw. He's got great size/speed, but his ball skills leave a lot to be desired.

I love the Trevor Laws selection in the 3rd.
He doesn't have the measurables, but he's a gritty football player with a non-stop motor. A Tamba Hali/Jared Allen type player.

I would prefer Schmitt over Hillis.

And I love Nicks this low, but I doubt he'll be there.

LiL stumppy
02-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Not a bad draft IMO.

shyguyms
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
if we draft a FB before the 6th round, Herm and Carl should be KILLED

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2008, 05:31 PM
That draft is a classic example of our needs:
OT
CB
DT

Then going down the line and picking them in order.

Sully
02-05-2008, 09:08 PM
C+ draft.
We can do better.

nychief
02-05-2008, 09:19 PM
we don't need a ****ing FB that bad... we hardly use one. Draft OL/DL/DB

RustShack
02-05-2008, 11:13 PM
My personal favorite corner is Domoniqe Rogers. When is he projected to get drafted as of now? I understand things will change after the cough*overrated*cough combine.

Direckshun
02-06-2008, 01:15 AM
No way Nicks falls to the 5th. He's a 2nd rounder.

Laws is probably a second rounder, too. Hell, he might even slip to the 1st if he can leapfrog Balmer on the DT depth chart.

Micjones
02-06-2008, 04:46 AM
My personal favorite corner is Domoniqe Rogers. When is he projected to get drafted as of now? I understand things will change after the cough*overrated*cough combine.

Rodgers-Cromartie is absolutely the guy I want this team to draft.
He plays alot like Antonio.

I think he's currently slated to go around Round Three.

htismaqe
02-06-2008, 07:45 AM
agree.

Herm said that Oline, CB, WR were the main draft needs (not necessarily in that order)....so we need to keep the WR position in mind too.

And I'm sure Herm is going to publically state EXACTLY what we're targetting, right?

:hmmm:

HMc
02-06-2008, 08:04 AM
And I'm sure Herm is going to publically state EXACTLY what we're targetting, right?

:hmmm:

This thread is no place for logic.

htismaqe
02-06-2008, 08:05 AM
This thread is no place for logic.

This board is no place for logic. I've been lurking since September. :D

HMc
02-06-2008, 08:21 AM
i was going to put "board" in brackets, but i figured i'd be preaching to the choir.

I think its really cool that hermy has laid out his draft plans for all the other teams to see, and i fully expect him to stick to them.

HMc
02-06-2008, 08:24 AM
oh FFS.

bowener
02-06-2008, 08:27 AM
I dont think it matters a whole lot if anyone says what we need... I am pretty sure any scouting tape that any NFL team owns shows exactly what we need... which was stated by hermy and cook.

htismaqe
02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Man, I like Jake Long, but you're just making the rest of his supporters look bad.

I can tell you with 100% assuredness that the Chiefs are NOT advertising their intentions in the upcoming draft.

They know what the fans and talking heads THINK are our needs and they are more than happy to echo it.

HMc
02-06-2008, 08:30 AM
yeah, pretty much f*cking everything, INCLUDING defensive end.

the punter and the running backs are set, and thats it.

HMc
02-06-2008, 08:37 AM
NONE OF WHAT THEY SAY MEANS ANYTHING.

milkman
02-06-2008, 08:48 AM
http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/compneurolab/images/loudnoisesmall.jpg
this is you.

time to face reality. The areas they say they are targeting lines up with the chiefs needs and goes along the same lines as what Clark Hunt said. He has no reason to lie.

Oh man.

If there was ever a pot calling a kettle black....

HMc
02-06-2008, 08:50 AM
you just don't get it, do you?

He has much more reason to "lie", as you put it, or pull out what he thinks the media will consider believable, than he does to tell the truth in this scenario. No one expects the teams to be honest about their goals at this time of the year, Well, except you, it seems.

As for what cook says, i can't believe youd take that at face value. Its just indescribably stupid to think that they're going to let on with their genuine intentions.

htismaqe
02-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Give it a ****ing rest. You dont see the chiefs stating they are targeting any 1 player. They are stating their biggest needs and priorities..which seem to be obvious to everyone (even chuck cook admitted it) except YOU!

The only player the chiefs pretty much said they would take (if he was available) was jake Long.

Cook has aldready implied that they would take Jake Long if he is available.

Give it a rest?

ROFL

I've made ONE POST on the subject.

As for Chuck Cook, he said:

“Everybody knows we’re focusing on the offensive line and the cornerback situations,” said Chuck Cook.

That's an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of a fact, not an admission of intentions.

If you honeslty think the Chiefs are out there telling everybody exactly what they're going to do, it would appear I should have stayed out of this conversation, because I've given you too much credit.

HMc
02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
holy shit, i thought KCjohnny was clueless.

HMc
02-06-2008, 08:57 AM
IF it makes you feel any better, think about it as if you are going to an auto dealership lot
http://www.sls-inc.com/images/AutoDealership.jpg

the chiefs are stating they are interested in (CB,WR, OL). That would be the equivalent of me saying i am interested in a car. That might eliminate trucks, motorcyles, SUVs, but doesnt "show our hand" cuz their are plenty of cars (makes, models, colors) to choose from. It also doesnt somehow make the price of all the cars on the lot more expensive. That might be the case if I stated that I am only interested in a specific car (and the chiefs really havent done that) Same goes for the draft.

And heck, if some player of tremendous value drops the chiefs might pick that guy up even if they are not targeting that position (i.e you get a Truck instead of a car because it is ridiculously cheap and the best value).

Those of us with even a slight understanding of the draft (or football, or life, or breathing in and out with the assistance of a heart), don't actually need a terrible analogy like the one you've provided. And frankly, it doesn't seem to helping you a great deal either.

htismaqe
02-06-2008, 09:12 AM
he said this before that very sentence

that is an admission of intentions.

apparently this is what i am dealing with in this thread
http://www.granitegrok.com/pix/see%20no%20evil.jpg

the facts and quotes are their. you either choose to believe and follow simple logic or continue to cover your eyes and your ears.

I didn't take the entire season off to come back and get dragged into this kind of ridiculousness, so I'll post this and leave it at that.

What you just posted does nothing to support your argument. It's an admission of intention to LOOK, not to draft.

They said they'd be looking at offensive line and cornerback LAST YEAR, how many did we draft? :hmmm:

Brock
02-06-2008, 09:16 AM
The fact that they've mentioned Jake Long's name is a pretty good indicator they won't be drafting him.

htismaqe
02-06-2008, 09:25 AM
The fact that they've mentioned Jake Long's name is a pretty good indicator they won't be drafting him.

I don't think that's completely true.

The only time we've drafted remotely close to this high, they said they wanted Albert Haynesworth. If he wasn't there, they wanted Ryan Sims.

They pulled the trigger on Sims despite having talked about him frequently and publically after his Senior Bowl performance.

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I didn't take the entire season off to come back and get dragged into this kind of ridiculousness, so I'll post this and leave it at that.

What you just posted does nothing to support your argument. It's an admission of intention to LOOK, not to draft.

They said they'd be looking at offensive line and cornerback LAST YEAR, how many did we draft? :hmmm:

Holy shit.

Parker. He's back.

This place just got a lot healthier.

Welcome back, Parker. Hope you're sticking around.

milkman
02-06-2008, 09:36 AM

Hate to break it to ya Parker, but this kind of ridiculosity has grown since you left.

And yes, I know that ridiculosty is not an actual word, but it flows so much better than ridiculousness.

htismaqe
02-06-2008, 09:37 AM
You don't like ridiculousnessessssssessssesss?

HemiEd
02-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Holy shit.

Parker. He's back.

This place just got a lot healthier.

Welcome back, Parker. Hope you're sticking around.

That is two of us, at least.

the Talking Can
02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Give it a rest?

ROFL

I've made ONE POST on the subject.

As for Chuck Cook, he said:

“Everybody knows we’re focusing on the offensive line and the cornerback situations,” said Chuck Cook.

That's an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of a fact, not an admission of intentions.

If you honeslty think the Chiefs are out there telling everybody exactly what they're going to do, it would appear I should have stayed out of this conversation, because I've given you too much credit.

welcome back man

but he is an infernal combination of hootie and voyager....just don't waste your time or you'll want to leave again...