PDA

View Full Version : Van der Sloot did it.

Radar Chief
02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Saw this on the news at lunch.

HOLLOWAY'S ANGUISHED MOTHER: TAPE CONFESSION MEANS NATALEE COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Natalee Holloway might still be alive if Joran van der Sloot had called for help instead of allegedly dumping her unconscious body into the Caribbean, the teen's mother, Beth Twitty, told the New York Post.
Van der Sloot, 20, revealed in a hidden camera "confession" that Holloway had passed out after they had sex on a beach in Aruba on the night the Alabama teen vanished. Van der Sloot then allegedly asked one of his friends to assist him in discarding her body using his boat and pushing her out to sea.
Despite the hidden camera conversation, van der Sloot's New York-based attorney, Joe Tacopina, told the Post the information on tape was not a confession.
Aruba's top prosecutor, however, said that if van der Sloot were to be brought to trial again, the tape could be used as evidence.
Van der Sloot continued to deny any involvement in Holloway's death.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328629,00.html

The POS did it. When the reporter on the candid camera mentioned to van der Sloot that it was possible that Natalee was in a coma and could have been saved he just shrugged his shoulders and said, “yeah”. :shake:

StcChief
02-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Dutch rich kid Daddy a Lawyer Judge or something there?

BucEyedPea
02-06-2008, 01:53 PM
If she couldn't have been saved I heard on tv that it's also a felony to dump a body like that into the sea.

Sloot sounds like he's incredibly stupid because all he had to do was call for help and he'd be off the hook. Something else doesn't add up. So I think there's more to the story. Like did he dump something in her drink without her permission or knowing that could be tied to her death? Meaning he also raped her. He had to have a motive to cover it up. JMO.

Eleazar
02-06-2008, 01:57 PM
dump him in the ocean too

Dr.Fine
02-06-2008, 01:57 PM
there were 3 of these worthless f***s who had a traceable record of preying on unsuspecting female tourists. makes hit men a justifiable career path imo.

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-06-2008, 02:08 PM
If this happened to one of my family members then I would have hired a professional a long time ago to get the info.

Guys in black masks pulling out of your home weilding axes are good at getting information. F-all the lawabiders.

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
"2. Natalie put herself in a horrible situation. She left the group of other girls to leave with 3 guys she hardly knew, all while being inebriated, and in a forgein land."

She was stupid there.

Radar Chief
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
If she couldn't have been saved I heard on tv that it's also a felony to dump a body like that into the sea.

Sloot sounds like he's incredibly stupid because all he had to do was call for help and he'd be off the hook. Something else doesn't add up. So I think there's more to the story. Like did he dump something in her drink without her permission or knowing that could be tied to her death? Meaning he also raped her. He had to have a motive to cover it up. JMO.

I agree.
It doesn’t make sense that he would dump her out to sea because she was passing out drunk and he raped her while she was passed out.
It makes more sense that he slipped her a Mickey in order to rape her while she was passed out and got scared that he over dosed her.
That is strictly assumption on my part though.

Radar Chief
02-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Are you going to kill everyone they finger? and when they lie, than how are you going to know? Would those innocents be justifiable collateral damage?

In the first couple of weeks after Natalee’s disappearance, a black bouncer at a local watering hole was accused of leaving with her and everyone was ready to lynch that guy.
Seems the accusation came from van der Sloot too, IIRC.

Duck Dog
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Somebody needs to kill his ass.

BucEyedPea
02-06-2008, 02:33 PM
2. Natalie put herself in a horrible situation. She left the group of other girls to leave with 3 guys she hardly knew, all while being inebriated, and in a forgein land.
Yeah! I said that when this story first broke. Being inebriated impairs judgement but it was also supposed to be very unlike Natalie per her friends though.

02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I agree.
It doesn’t make sense that he would dump her out to sea because she was passing out drunk and he raped her while she was passed out.
It makes more sense that he slipped her a Mickey in order to rape her while she was passed out and got scared that he over dosed her.
That is strictly assumption on my part though.
They might have also sold her to a sex slave operation in Venezuela. which is not that far from Aruba. Aruba is a very shady island. there is a huge police presence where the cruise ships dock, right next to all the drug dealers. and they're called ''polis'' down there.

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Mr. Chochise: I agree with you 100% only I think they need to cut his dick and nuts off first to give the sharks a little incentive to have a little feeding frenzy. Dumb son of a bitch brags to a reporter about it? He was treated differently from the beginnng as his father is a judge I think in the Justice system there. What a world.

Valiant
02-06-2008, 02:41 PM

He raped her forcibly or with drugs and then did not want her to acknowledge it later.. Therefor he dumped the body so he would not get caught..

imo of what happened.

02-06-2008, 03:01 PM
I doubt it. Their is tremendous pressure (and $$$$) within Aruba and outside it to get this solved.

If she is alive, the greater the witnesses, the more likely someone slips up or talks. A blonde gringo would stand out. Everyone would get ****ed. It just doesnt make sense.

As for Aruba being a "shady' island, every carribean island is shady. Their will always be drug dealers if they are people willing to buy it. And it is us Americans doing the buying.

Most carib islands are very safe (probably safer than most places in America), if people just use some common sense. The majority of poeple survive off of tourism their (directly or indirectly). Their tourism buisness has been hurt tremendously and the last thing they ever want to happen is something to a tourist. Also the population in an island like that is small, where everyone knows everyone else. If a local did something to you (or did something illegal) they would be able to get suspects very fast.
Venezuela is a renegade country. the last time I was in Aruba most gringos that lived down there had nothing good to say about it. only how dangerous it is to be an American in that country (Venezuela). so if she was dragged 15 miles across the water to Venezuela, you might never hear from her again anyway.

I've been to enough Caribbean islands and Mexico to know what you're talking about. but the police, or ''polis'' down in Aruba are a joke. their presence means nothing down there, unlike other islands or Mexico.

If you get busted with drugs in the Cayman islands they throw the key away.

BucEyedPea
02-06-2008, 03:03 PM
They might have also sold her to a sex slave operation in Venezuela. which is not that far from Aruba. Aruba is a very shady island. there is a huge police presence where the cruise ships dock, right next to all the drug dealers. and they're called ''polis'' down there.

I thought that for a long time, but based on current confession he dumped the body at sea in a current that would have dragged the body toward Panama. I'd say that rules the sex-slave scenario out. Also, Bill O'Reilly said he saw the FBI report and she had some sort of seizure and heart attack from some drugs and that she was not used to the stuff.

02-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I thought that for a long time, but based on current confession he dumped the body at sea in a current that would have dragged the body toward Panama. I'd say that rules the sex-slave scenario out. Also, Bill O'Reilly said he saw the FBI report and she had some sort of seizure and heart attack from some drugs and that she was not used to the stuff.
If the body gets dumped it would have been eaten by sharks and or barracuda in about 20 minutes. there wouldn't be a body left to drift.

BucEyedPea
02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
If the body gets dumped it would have been eaten by sharks and or barracuda in about 20 minutes. there wouldn't be a body left to drift.

I'm just reporting what they said on a talk show. They were just saying that this was may have been Sloot's thinking as one of the best ways to get the body whisked away, out-of-sight as fast as possible. It's supposed to be a fast moving current. Just in case the sharks and barracuda's don't like southern food. :p

BucEyedPea
02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
maybe. But she voluntarily left (by herself) with 3 guys after going to a bunch of clubs. Sounds like she was looking to ****.
I'm not sure we know the full series of events to say with total certainty she left voluntarily...that is if she was given something without her awareness. And if not, I wouldn't say it was a smart move but just because she wanted to **** is still no reason to have her body fed to sharks afterwards instead of calling for medical help.

FAX
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
I've always believed this sociopathic fool was guilty. I'm glad, at least, that his "confession" was made so public. From this point forward, he will be a pariah - which is a good thing.

I'll be surprised, however, if he's ever convicted of anything. He sprinkled just enough lies into his "confession" that his attorneys can introduce sufficient doubt to negate the entire admission. What a complete bastard this kid is.

FAX

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
He raped her forcibly or with drugs and then did not want her to acknowledge it later.. Therefor he dumped the body so he would not get caught..

imo of what happened.

yep. He wouldn't admit that to the guy. She had no previous medical problems.

Radar Chief
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
I'll be surprised, however, if he's ever convicted of anything. He sprinkled just enough lies into his "confession" that his attorneys can introduce sufficient doubt to negate the entire admission. What a complete bastard this kid is.

FAX

Really? I thought it was pretty damning and something even judge Daddy couldn’t get him out of.

FAX
02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Really? I thought it was pretty damning and something even judge Daddy couldn’t get him out of.

I think it's possible that he mixed enough untruths into the story to create a problem for the prosecution, Mr. Radar Chief.

For example, on the tapes he says a guy named "Doury" (or something similar) was the friend who took Holloway out on the boat and dumped her. He says "Doury" owned this boat. As it turns out, the only "Doury" who was on the island at the time never owned a boat.

He also says that he made the call to "Doury" from a pool phone at the Marriott hotel. One would think, "Ah ha!! Phone records!". But, when they investigated this aspect of the story, they found that particular phone only makes international calls.

They're the kinds of things a good attorney can use to discount the entire conversation as a fabrication.

FAX

stonedstooge
02-06-2008, 04:38 PM
Mr. FAX: Good to see you on the boards. Hope you made it through the weather without problems.

Rain Man
02-06-2008, 05:00 PM

imo of what happened.

With or without drugs. His story about how she died is completely implausible. No one disposes of a body if the death was medical or accidental. He killed her and dumped her body, and he's stupid enough that he was starting to brag about it, but was not quite stupid enough to tell the full story.

I doubt that the tape will be enough to convict the guy in a legal setting, but it's enough to convince me that he murdered her.

BucEyedPea
02-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I think it's possible that he mixed enough untruths into the story to create a problem for the prosecution, Mr. Radar Chief.

For example, on the tapes he says a guy named "Doury" (or something similar) was the friend who took Holloway out on the boat and dumped her. He says "Doury" owned this boat. As it turns out, the only "Doury" who was on the island at the time never owned a boat.

He also says that he made the call to "Doury" from a pool phone at the Marriott hotel. One would think, "Ah ha!! Phone records!". But, when they investigated this aspect of the story, they found that particular phone only makes international calls.

They're the kinds of things a good attorney can use to discount the entire conversation as a fabrication.

FAX

Well let's hope the Dutch system doesn't work as ours so his American attorney can't pull this off. I heard this evidence is admissable in their system. Do they have a jury system for this?

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-06-2008, 05:08 PM
The idiot Aruba judge wont do anything.

We should ****ing bomb them.

Dr.Fine
02-06-2008, 05:49 PM
my take is that this was a pretty regular thing between these 3--only this time---intentional date-rape drugging w/accidental death...gang-bang gone awry. who knows how many have been victims before--I'll bet it's a fairly long list. witness who taped him will be discredited, and he'll walk--each of these kids deserves a "kneecap" at the very least.

Radar Chief
02-07-2008, 08:46 AM

FAX

Ah, I see. That’s pretty disappointing.
Thanks for the explanation.

BucEyedPea
02-07-2008, 09:09 AM
The mother said last night that Joran was ordering, buying, and serving Natalie all her drinks.

BucEyedPea
02-07-2008, 09:55 AM
that is suprising how? when does a pretty girl ever by her own drinks?

Well, that wasn't my point. My point was that he had wide opportunity to put something in her drink. So she may not have left with them voluntarily.

Sully
02-07-2008, 09:55 AM
I don't mean to sound unkind, or to make the pain this family feels any smaller.
But I often wonder... with the hundreds and thousands of murders in the US every year, what is it abotu this story in particular that makes it so sensational?

BucEyedPea
02-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't mean to sound unkind, or to make the pain this family feels any smaller.
But I often wonder... with the hundreds and thousands of murders in the US every year, what is it abotu this story in particular that makes it so sensational?

Well, it seems to me, these types of stories are becoming more common for news especially if the girl is attractive. Probably, just bumps ratings.

Sully
02-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Yet no one is talking about the hot girl from Washington who accidentally killeed her roomate during a gangbang in Italy...

BucEyedPea
02-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Yet no one is talking about the hot girl from Washington who accidentally killeed her roomate during a gangbang in Italy...

Well, if you mean not talking about it here, perhaps. I haven't paid close attention. But that got media coverage too. Honestly, I can't explain Fox's extensive coverage on the Holloway incident. Except for maybe that she's a more sympathetic character than another girl killing her roomate.

chagrin
02-07-2008, 11:31 AM

Ummm, during a gangbang? WTF?

FAX
02-07-2008, 11:43 AM

The story has everything. Beautiful blond girl, sex, drugs, murder, remote tropical island, mystery ... it's all there, Mr. Sully.

Still, I'm convinced the story would have died long ago were it not for her mother who kept it alive. I wonder how many parents would be so persistent in the same situation. After this happened, the Twitty lady decided to get some answers and bust some Van der Sloot balls and that's what she's done.

FAX

JohnnyV13
02-07-2008, 02:01 PM
With or without drugs. His story about how she died is completely implausible. No one disposes of a body if the death was medical or accidental. He killed her and dumped her body, and he's stupid enough that he was starting to brag about it, but was not quite stupid enough to tell the full story.

I doubt that the tape will be enough to convict the guy in a legal setting, but it's enough to convince me that he murdered her.

In the American setting, its likely enough to get him for things like perjury and obstruction of justice.

FAX
02-07-2008, 02:38 PM
A few interesting new items have come out in the last 24 hours or so.

Interesting new item #1 is that Natalie's father had the "confession" tested through voice analysis technology that detects lies. He says the test's results demonstrated that Van der Sloot's remarks were a truthful, valid statement.

Interesting new item #2 is that, when Natalie's dad first arrived in Aruba, a local detective warned him about the possibility of being drugged. According to Holloway, the detective said, "Watch your drink around here because drugs are prevalent and somebody may slip something into it." According to the local police, One of the more common drugs in Aruba is GHB - the Date Rape Drug. In Aruba it's commonly used as a party drug, one you can even order at some bars.

Interesting new item #3 is a statement from a Samford University doctor who says that Natalie's symptoms (as described by Van der Sloot) are consistent with someone who's been given GHB.

Interesting new item #4 is that Dr. Phil is being sued by the Kalpoe (sp?) brothers for defamation. They claim that, while Dr. Phil wasn't busy visiting Britney and all, he altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator making the Deepak guy look bad. Dr. Phil wanted the suit dismissed, but a Superior Court Judge said it's going forward.

FAX THE INTERESTING NEWS ITEM GUY

FAX
02-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Well, the Aruban court ruled that the prosecutor cannot arrest Van der Sloot again. They said the "confession" wasn't sufficient evidence to warrant an arrest. At this point, it isn't a stretch to believe Van der Sloot's father is having an effect on this case.

I fear he's going to walk.

FAX

vailpass
02-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Well, the Aruban court ruled that the prosecutor cannot arrest Van der Sloot again. They said the "confession" wasn't sufficient evidence to warrant an arrest. At this point, it isn't a stretch to believe Van der Sloot's father is having an effect on this case.

I fear he's going to walk.

FAX

I hope the Vandersloot kid doesn't accidentally catch a stray bullet in the head or suffer a savage nazi stomping one dark night.
I'm not sayin' a frustrated parent who has to stand by and watch some smarmy dutch bitch boy get away with raping and murdering their daughter would arrange to have that prick face street justice or anything......I'm just sayin.

Radar Chief
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Fox News was trying to put a happy spin on it by saying that the “confession” has produced more leads and the investigation continues, but I think you’re right. He’s going to get away with it.

FAX
02-15-2008, 01:25 PM
I hope the Vandersloot kid doesn't accidentally catch a stray bullet in the head or suffer a savage nazi stomping one dark night.
I'm not sayin' a frustrated parent who has to stand by and watch some smarmy dutch bitch boy get away with raping and murdering their daughter would arrange to have that prick face street justice or anything......I'm just sayin.

It's a factor, Mr. vailpass. Most definitely.

I read something earlier this morning about how he was "concerned" for his safety. If you peruse any of the Netherlands newspapers (which I do quite often since their news is always so happy and carefree), you'll find that the comments below the articles about this case are always and invariably anti-Sloot. Unfortunately, the Dutch are a very peaceful people. Still, he is persona non grata in Tulip Land.

As they say in KS, he's sh*t the bed.

FAX

FAX
02-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Fox News was trying to put a happy spin on it by saying that the “confession” has produced more leads and the investigation continues, but I think you’re right. He’s going to get away with it.

There's certainly a chance of that, Mr. Radar Chief. A pretty good one, too.

Even here in the States, it's difficult to convict a person of murder without a body. Apparently, Aruba has a justice system that is far more liberal than even ours. Plus, I honestly think that big Sloot is gumming up the works some.

My theory is that the "friend" who took the body out to sea wasn't a friend at all - it was big Sloot.

FAX

vailpass
02-15-2008, 01:32 PM
It's a factor, Mr. vailpass. Most definitely.

I read something earlier this morning about how he was "concerned" for his safety. If you peruse any of the Netherlands newspapers (which I do quite often since their news is always so happy and carefree), you'll find that the comments below the articles about this case are always and invariably anti-Sloot. Unfortunately, the Dutch are a very peaceful people. Still, he is persona non grata in Tulip Land.

As they say in KS, he's sh*t the bed.

FAX

I too am an admirer of the Dutch culture. I have visited their fair land and, although my memory of that time is spotty, judging by the pictures I rather enjoyed myself. There are many lessons to be learned there. It saddens me to see the Red Light district going away.

stumppy
02-15-2008, 01:36 PM

Had it been my daughter I doubt I would have waited this long to set things right.

FAX
02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Had it been my daughter I doubt I would have waited this long to set things right.

I don't think that the Holloways will have to do anything at all. In fact, I'm quite certain there are plenty of guys who are willing and able to freelance this deal. Slootie has pissed off a lot of people.

I'm sure that a wooden shoe ass kicking is already in the works.

FAX

Valiant
02-15-2008, 02:48 PM

Yeah, he would be in a vegetative state if I found him..

BucEyedPea
02-15-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm sure that a wooden shoe ass kicking is already in the works.
FAX
:LOL:
Executed under the propeller of a windmill.

BucEyedPea
02-15-2008, 03:32 PM
A few interesting new items have come out in the last 24 hours or so.

Interesting new item #1 is that Natalie's father had the "confession" tested through voice analysis technology that detects lies. He says the test's results demonstrated that Van der Sloot's remarks were a truthful, valid statement.

Interesting new item #2 is that, when Natalie's dad first arrived in Aruba, a local detective warned him about the possibility of being drugged. According to Holloway, the detective said, "Watch your drink around here because drugs are prevalent and somebody may slip something into it." According to the local police, One of the more common drugs in Aruba is GHB - the Date Rape Drug. In Aruba it's commonly used as a party drug, one you can even order at some bars.

Interesting new item #3 is a statement from a Samford University doctor who says that Natalie's symptoms (as described by Van der Sloot) are consistent with someone who's been given GHB.

Interesting new item #4 is that Dr. Phil is being sued by the Kalpoe (sp?) brothers for defamation. They claim that, while Dr. Phil wasn't busy visiting Britney and all, he altered portions of a taped conversation between Deepak Kalpoe and a private investigator making the Deepak guy look bad. Dr. Phil wanted the suit dismissed, but a Superior Court Judge said it's going forward.

FAX THE INTERESTING NEWS ITEM GUY

Yeah, that is very interesting news. I just can't understand how Dr. Phil, managed to make an appearance in this controversy.

The thing about the GHB and the drinks, I thought the Dutch were all for only consenting adults doing this sort of thing. Seems to me that this has spread beyond that. They need to crack down if this is true 'cause they stand to lose a lot of tourist money.

They're still going to continue to investigate, whatever that means, even wtihout an arrest. But I think you're right, at this point, he may just get off. The Aruban authorities said he was drugged when saying his confession. Seems to me that just allowed him to let his guard down more. I hope having to live with a hunted feeling for the rest of his life gives him many psycho-somatic illnesses.

FAX
06-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Well, Slooter has really screwed the pooch this time. He's been captured in Chile after leaving a girl stabbed to death in his Lima Peru hotel room. They're planning to extradite his sorry ass back to Peru where the prisons are some of the worst in the entire universe of crummy prisons you really don't want to visit. One Peruvian prison is located in the mountains and is famous for having no heat, no glass on the windows, and no hot water to compliment the 10' x 6' cells featuring concrete cots. Prisoners there say that they wash their own clothes in water so cold it turns their fingers purple and their fingernails fall off. I suppose Slootie can expect to share his body heat with a leftist rebel or two.

Meanwhile, the US is filing charges this evening against him for extortion. Apparently, he offered to sell the whereabouts of Natalee Holloway's remains (along with details of her passing) for $250,000 - $15,000 of which was sent electronically from a Birmingham bank to one in the Netherlands. I hope they don't try to bring him here, though. I'd rather see him spend the rest of his life in Peru.

Over the last five years, he's traveled pretty extensively. I wonder how many dead girls he's left in his wake over that time. Hopefully, they'll backtrack in an attempt to determine if any unsolved murders or missing person cases coincide with his travels.

Karma wins, I guess.

FAX

Brock
06-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Too bad, no death penalty in Peru.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Give me a Chainsaw and 5 minutes with that POS.

rockymtnchief
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM

5 minutes is too fast. Make it last a couple days.

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 04:09 PM
People are still talking about Natalie Holloway? Wow.

Bwana
06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Too bad, no death penalty in Peru.

If he has to spend the rest of his days in a jail in Peru, he will be pining for the death penalty. They have some real shit house jails over there. From the sounds of this last story, not even Daddy will be able to save the sorry POS this time.

TrebMaxx
06-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Daddy can't help this time because his daddy passed away awhile back.

bowener
06-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I originally read she was stabbed as well, but now it is saying (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37492667/ns/world_news-americas) she had her neck broken:
Flores, who had been seen with van der Sloot early Sunday, was found Wednesday lying face down on the floor of the suspect's hotel room in Lima, with her neck broken, Peruvian police Gen. Cesar Guardia told The Associated Press. She was fully clothed, with no signs of having been sexually abused.

Something tells me this guy is a grade A authentic psychopath.

Do you think that his lawyer will argue she had a grand mal seizure or something and that is how her neck broke?

vailpass
06-03-2010, 04:22 PM

Make that a handsaw and 5 hours.

FAX
06-03-2010, 04:23 PM
If he has to spend the rest of his days in a jail in Peru, he will be pining for the death penalty. They have some real shit house jails over there. From the sounds of this last story, not even Daddy will be able to save the sorry POS this time.

Daddy Sloot died, Mr. Bwana. At the age of 57. Playing tennis.

According to Tim Miller, the founder of Texas EquuSearch (the non-profit, private company that assists in the location of missing persons and who has been trying to find Natalee in Aruba), he and Natalee's father were taken aside by Gerold Dompig, the Police Commissioner while searching in a local landfill one day. Dompig told them that Slootie was a sociopath, that he controlled his entire family, and that his own father was even afraid of him. I imagine the stress contributed to Papa Slootie's relatively early demise.

So far, Slootie has destroyed at least three families (and counting).

FAX

FAX
06-03-2010, 04:24 PM

They probably wouldn't be if the bastard hadn't gotten away with it, written a book about his experience, and profited from her death, Mr. Reaper16.

I know I wouldn't.

FAX

Titty Meat
06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Sucks that girl died but did the broad not know who he was?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Missing White Woman Syndrome.

BigMeatballDave
06-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Feet first into a woodchipper...

MIAdragon
06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
If he did that to my daughter I would have chopped his ass up with a machete and fed him to the sharks.

Param
06-03-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/03/alabama.van.der.sloot/

Alabama authorities: Van der Sloot tried to sell Holloway details
By the CNN Wire Staff

CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot faces an arrest warrant on charges of extortion and wire fraud in Alabama, U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance said Thursday.

The charges are unrelated to van der Sloot's status as a suspect in the killing of a Peruvian woman.

The complaint alleges that van der Sloot tried to extort $250,000 from an individual in exchange for the location of the remains of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway and the circumstances surrounding her death, Vance said.

Van der Sloot was once the main suspect in Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in 2005.

The announcement of the arrest warrant came on the same day that the Dutch citizen was apprehended in Chile in the killing of 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramirez in Peru. Vance called the timing "strangely a coincidence."

The Alabama investigation had been going on for about six weeks, she said.

The arrest warrant will go through the Interpol system in an effort to lead to van der Sloot's prosecution in the United States, Vance said.

Barret
06-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I was thinking about a movie that would tie into this rather well. Many people here are saying axe or a wood chipper or hand saw. I think this movie got it right.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IzpwOti8XrM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IzpwOti8XrM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Caribbean Puffer Fish toxin kind of ties into the Aruba setting.

boogblaster
06-03-2010, 06:53 PM
12 gauge shotgun .............

Bwana
06-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Daddy Sloot died, Mr. Bwana. At the age of 57. Playing tennis.

According to Tim Miller, the founder of Texas EquuSearch (the non-profit, private company that assists in the location of missing persons and who has been trying to find Natalee in Aruba), he and Natalee's father were taken aside by Gerold Dompig, the Police Commissioner while searching in a local landfill one day. Dompig told them that Slootie was a sociopath, that he controlled his entire family, and that his own father was even afraid of him. I imagine the stress contributed to Papa Slootie's relatively early demise.

So far, Slootie has destroyed at least three families (and counting).

FAX

Huh, I missed the fact that Daddy Sloot was taking a dirt nap. I guess what comes around, goes around.

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Exactly. As dozens upon dozens of murdered teenagers in their home states go completely ignored by these people to boot.

Brock
06-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Exactly. As dozens upon dozens of murdered teenagers in their home states go completely ignored by these people to boot.

Who's "these people"?

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Who's "these people"?
Nancy Grace viewers, mostly.

Dallas Chief
06-03-2010, 08:12 PM

Pigment envy.

Marcellus
06-03-2010, 08:17 PM

I watch "The First 48" and get drawn in to whatever murder they are investigating whether it's a homeless person or whatever but you are not going to see that shit on the national news because it happens every damn day.

A middle class 17 year old girl vanishing in Aruba on a senior trip doesn't happen everyday.

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I watch "The First 48" and get drawn in to whatever murder they are investigating whether it's a homeless person or whatever but you are not going to see that shit on the national news because it happens every damn day.

A middle class 17 year old girl vanishing in Aruba on a senior trip doesn't happen everyday.
I understand that. You perhaps don't understand that it is idiotic that someone would think that the rarer occurrence is more deserving of attention than the occurrences that happen every damn day.

Marcellus
06-03-2010, 08:50 PM
I understand that. You perhaps don't understand that it is idiotic that someone would think that the rarer occurrence is more deserving of attention than the occurrences that happen every damn day.

No I completely understand. Every life is equal (Simplistically speaking, evil people not withstanding). But I also understand drama is what sells. Whether it is TV news, newspapers or here at CP. It's all about drama and some stories offer more drama than others.

I think every life lost in combat right now is worth national attention and the story being told. That doesn't happen either.

Lzen
06-03-2010, 09:14 PM

So, I guess the fact that a murderer got away with it the first time and now is involved in another victim should be ignored by the media? Stupid comments.

FAX
06-03-2010, 09:27 PM
I've heard this a million times ... "... the media only cares about rich, white girls who go missing ...". Honestly, the implication is insulting as hell.

The fact is that there are so many damn people going missing or going completely dead in this sick-ass society that there isn't room on the airwaves to fit them all in - were the media actually inclined to attempt it. Everybody knows that they often (but not always) select victims who make a compelling, ratings generating, attention getting, heartstring tugging story. And should that story develop legs (based on those ratings), they stay with it. Then, of course, the holier-than-thou crowd starts wringing their panties when that person isn't black or brown or purple. Well, here's some news; there are stories all the time about missing or dead black and brown people. Hell, half a dozen persons meeting that description are shot on the streets of Nashville every freaking week and the media is constantly reporting those stories ... as they do in every large city.

But that's not good enough. Nope. The holier-than-thous want to dredge up the same, tired complaint. The funny thing is that these are the very same people who bitch and whine when charities spend money on advertising or when the Red Cross paints their trucks or when starving kids in Nigeria don't get 100 cents of every donated dollar. It's ironic, however, that those are the same people who won't donate a dime - never mind that it means the starving kids get nothing instead of 75 cents worth of food. It's as though there is something intrinsically evil about giving a damn when a blond girl is murdered if you don't weep over every child in public. Total horsecrap.

Altruistically speaking, at least the "rich, white girls" are bringing attention to the problem of missing persons. Or dead persons. Or missing and presumed dead persons. But, perhaps the critics would prefer that this story should be buried ... since the dead girl in Peru doesn't have blue eyes? Hypocritical knuckleheads.

FAX

BigRock
06-03-2010, 09:36 PM
The complaint alleges that van der Sloot tried to extort $250,000 from an individual in exchange for the location of the remains of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway and the circumstances surrounding her death, Vance said.

Read elsewhere that the "individual" he tried to extort was Holloway's mother.

CosmicPal
06-03-2010, 10:38 PM
I've heard this a million times ... "... the media only cares about rich, white girls who go missing ...". Honestly, the implication is insulting as hell.

I'm just bringing this up because I remember being shocked when I read this article a few years ago in Denver's alternative newspaper, The Westword.

Apparently, the day before the JonBonet Ramsey murder, there was a father shot in cold blood in the parking lot of a Wild Oat's, which is a health-food store. It happened during the daytime and to exacerbate matters, the father was putting the groceries in his car and his son was in the passenger seat. The son, I believe was only 5 years old at the time, survived- he wasn't shot. But he did watch his father get shot in the back of the head.

There was a blurb about it that night on the news of course. But the very next day, the JonBonet murder occurred and the man who was gunned down in front of his child was buried under the insurmountable weight of the JonBonet media frenzy.

The man who was killed was a white male. He didn't make a lot of money, but did well enough to provide a healthy and happy lifestyle for his family. They believe it was a gang initiation sort of killing. The murderer was never found and to the day the article was printed and released, the murderer still hadn't been found.

There was something to be said about JonBonet being an adorable girl full of pageantry and coming from an affluent family. The media ate it up. They were drooling over this story and it spread like wildfire on a blustery day.

The media never mentioned the Wild Oats story again and that man's murder went unheralded and unresolved.

Reaper16
06-03-2010, 11:00 PM

The fact is that there are so many damn people going missing or going completely dead in this sick-ass society that there isn't room on the airwaves to fit them all in - were the media actually inclined to attempt it. Everybody knows that they often (but not always) select victims who make a compelling, ratings generating, attention getting, heartstring tugging story. And should that story develop legs (based on those ratings), they stay with it. Then, of course, the holier-than-thou crowd starts wringing their panties when that person isn't black or brown or purple. Well, here's some news; there are stories all the time about missing or dead black and brown people. Hell, half a dozen persons meeting that description are shot on the streets of Nashville every freaking week and the media is constantly reporting those stories ... as they do in every large city.

But that's not good enough. Nope. The holier-than-thous want to dredge up the same, tired complaint. The funny thing is that these are the very same people who bitch and whine when charities spend money on advertising or when the Red Cross paints their trucks or when starving kids in Nigeria don't get 100 cents of every donated dollar. It's ironic, however, that those are the same people who won't donate a dime - never mind that it means the starving kids get nothing instead of 75 cents worth of food. It's as though there is something intrinsically evil about giving a damn when a blond girl is murdered if you don't weep over every child in public. Total horsecrap.

Altruistically speaking, at least the "rich, white girls" are bringing attention to the problem of missing persons. Or dead persons. Or missing and presumed dead persons. But, perhaps the critics would prefer that this story should be buried ... since the dead girl in Peru doesn't have blue eyes? Hypocritical knuckleheads.

FAX
When did you become so adept at building strawmen to attack, Mr. FAX?

FAX
06-04-2010, 07:45 AM
When did you become so adept at building strawmen to attack, Mr. FAX?

It's a skill I've been developing over time. This one isn't 100 percent straw, though.

Look, everybody knows that when a news producer is choosing between two stories; one being the violent death of an affluent, privileged, famous, beautiful blond and the other the stabbing of a semi-vagrant, poor, unknown, black person, he's going to choose the former. Why? Because it potentially generates more viewers/readers. That isn't anything new. Hell, in the Natalee Holloway case, Fox climbed all over themselves for cheerleading or graduation photos - and the cuter, the better.

The argument you're parroting is tired, though, (if not entirely vacuous) because it ignores the real problem entirely.

Northwestern's Robert Entman conducted a pretty well-known study back in the mid-90s, Mr. Reaper16, in which he demonstrated that, based on the number of stories in both print and broadcast media, "white" victims received more media attention than "black" victims. Nothing new there. But here's the interesting part (that isn't generally reported, by the way); when news organizations actually ran the vast number of local "black on black" crime stories, they were criticized (by black leadership) for focusing on and covering crime in the "black" community.

Every major city can (and often does) run a story about black violence every single day. In Chicago, for example, there is at least one murder each day and almost 80 percent of those involve "black" victims and "black" perpetrators. What does the "pretty white girl" morality complaint do to change that? Nothing. Forget about the fact that, had been more outrage over Natalee Holloway's disappearance, perhaps Slootie would have been locked up long ago instead of killing the "brown" girl in Peru. Instead, let's all wallow in our moral outrage and whine about the attention a "pretty white girl" receives.

The violent death of a "white girl" is no less onerous than that of a "black girl" or any other human being. But I submit that empty complaints about choices made in coverage does absolutely nothing to decrease crime or violence, whether that violence is black or white or greenish blue. It's nothing more than grandstanding. The real problem has nothing to do with which stories are selected by news producers. The real problem is the relative scarcity of that kind of story.

I'm sorry to offend you, I really am. But, if you really give two tinker's damns about it, in my opinion your complaint should be directed toward the fact that "black" or "brown" crime is so common in our society it's no longer considered sufficiently newsworthy as to generate an audience.

FAX

Reaper16
06-04-2010, 08:17 AM
It's a skill I've been developing over time. This one isn't 100 percent straw, though.

Look, everybody knows that when a news producer is choosing between two stories; one being the violent death of an affluent, privileged, famous, beautiful blond and the other the stabbing of a semi-vagrant, poor, unknown, black person, he's going to choose the former. Why? Because it potentially generates more viewers/readers. That isn't anything new. Hell, in the Natalee Holloway case, Fox climbed all over themselves for cheerleading or graduation photos - and the cuter, the better.

The argument you're parroting is tired, though, (if not entirely vacuous) because it ignores the real problem entirely.

Northwestern's Robert Entman conducted a pretty well-known study back in the mid-90s, Mr. Reaper16, in which he demonstrated that, based on the number of stories in both print and broadcast media, "white" victims received more media attention than "black" victims. Nothing new there. But here's the interesting part (that isn't generally reported, by the way); when news organizations actually ran the vast number of local "black on black" crime stories, they were criticized (by black leadership) for focusing on and covering crime in the "black" community.

Every major city can (and often does) run a story about black violence every single day. In Chicago, for example, there is at least one murder each day and almost 80 percent of those involve "black" victims and "black" perpetrators. What does the "pretty white girl" morality complaint do to change that? Nothing. Forget about the fact that, had been more outrage over Natalee Holloway's disappearance, perhaps Slootie would have been locked up long ago instead of killing the "brown" girl in Peru. Instead, let's all wallow in our moral outrage and whine about the attention a "pretty white girl" receives.

The violent death of a "white girl" is no less onerous than that of a "black girl" or any other human being. But I submit that empty complaints about choices made in coverage does absolutely nothing to decrease crime or violence, whether that violence is black or white or greenish blue. It's nothing more than grandstanding. The real problem has nothing to do with which stories are selected by news producers. The real problem is the relative scarcity of that kind of story.

I'm sorry to offend you, I really am. But, if you really give two tinker's damns about it, in my opinion your complaint should be directed toward the fact that "black" or "brown" crime is so common in our society it's no longer considered sufficiently newsworthy as to generate an audience.

FAX
You have my complaint wrong, Mr. FAX. I am not really complaining about the media's coverage (though let us not pretend that "A 15-year old child was killed today on the city's east side; now onto sports with Len Dawson" is the same coverage as the 24-hour news cycle-hogging Natalie Holloway story) because I have no expectations that the media cover anything honestly. The only good crime reporting these days, in Kansas City anyway, is being done by blogs.

No, my complaint is with the people who care a lot about the Holloway story but not about stories of other, more local, more brown-skinned, murders. I agree with you when you say "The violent death of a 'white girl' is no less onerous than that of a 'black girl' or any other human being." Not enough people agree.

PunkinDrublic
06-04-2010, 08:51 AM
The Holloway disappearance was first being reported by Fox news. At the time the time the Bush administration was under heavy scrutiny for Guantanamo. I believe at the time Fox was heavily covering the story as a distration to protect the Bush administration. The rest of the news networks eventually picked up the story and ran with it as well.

Brock
06-04-2010, 09:20 AM
The Holloway disappearance was first being reported by Fox news. At the time the time the Bush administration was under heavy scrutiny for Guantanamo. I believe at the time Fox was heavily covering the story as a distration to protect the Bush administration. The rest of the news networks eventually picked up the story and ran with it as well.

ROFL

Radar Chief
06-04-2010, 10:11 AM

:spock::facepalm:
Seven Degrees of Bush id teh Debil.

Radar Chief
06-04-2010, 10:15 AM
I have a question about extradition.
Lets say that in order to keep from going to a Peruvian prison, Van der Sleaze confesses to Holloway’s murder and leads authorities to her body so he can spend the rest of his pathetic little life in an American prison instead. Is that even possible? Which extradition would take precedent?

PunkinDrublic
06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
:spock::facepalm:
Seven Degrees of Bush id teh Debil.

Explain to me why this story was deserving of wall to wall coverage at the time with all that was going on at the time.

Radar Chief
06-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Explain to me why this story was deserving of wall to wall coverage at the time with all that was going on at the time.

Obviously it’s Bush’s fault. Duh.

ChiTown
06-04-2010, 10:17 AM

Oh, dear god..........:rolleyes:

Brock
06-04-2010, 10:18 AM

It was covered on Greta's show, just like it was on Nancy's show. Quit being silly.

PunkinDrublic
06-04-2010, 10:26 AM
It was covered on Greta's show, just like it was on Nancy's show. Quit being silly.

Boy you have a damn short memory. Every one of fox shows was pushing the Holloway story as it's top story. As I said the other news networks picked it up but it was fox that was originally devoting so much coverage to it. I'm not being silly. You can disagree with me on motives, as I said it is my opinion on why a non story was pushed so hard, but it was fox that originally started with the unnecessary wall to wall coverage at the time.

Brock
06-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Boy you have a damn short memory. Every one of fox shows was pushing the Holloway story as it's top story. As I said the other news networks picked it up but it was fox that was originally devoting so much coverage to it. I'm not being silly. You can disagree with me on motives, as I said it is my opinion on why a non story was pushed so hard, but it was fox that originally started with the unnecessary wall to wall coverage at the time.

No, boy, you are simply rearranging your memories to make it fit your crackpot view. CNN covered the story as much if not more than Fox did.

PunkinDrublic
06-04-2010, 10:39 AM
No, boy, you are simply rearranging your memories to make it fit your crackpot view. CNN covered the story as much if not more than Fox did.

That's not what I'm debating. Who originally picked up the story? Fox. Typically a story like a disappearance gets national coverage if it's during a slow news day which at the time wasn't. You obviously don't have a clue how news cycles work so it's pointless to debate this any further.

stumppy
06-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Who says there is no justice in this world.
If that POS would have came clean a couple years ago he would have been doing his time in a country where his family was respected and had a little influence. Which more than likely would have made his time go by a little easier than your average POS. Now he's going to be doing time in a prison in the lovely country of Peru.ROFL Karma's a bitch.....bitch.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Who says there is no justice in this world..

Perhaps the family of the woman who just got murdered.

Radar Chief
06-04-2010, 11:55 AM
If that POS would have came clean a couple years ago he would have been doing his time in a country where his family was respected and had a little influence. Which more than likely would have made his time go by a little easier than your average POS. Now he's going to be doing time in a prison in the lovely country of Peru.ROFL Karma's a bitch.....bitch.

Aruba, of course, where the crime was committed. :doh!:
Still could he now confess to Holloway’s murder to spend his time there instead?

go bo
06-04-2010, 12:11 PM
I have a question about extradition.
Lets say that in order to keep from going to a Peruvian prison, Van der Sleaze confesses to Holloway’s murder and leads authorities to her body so he can spend the rest of his pathetic little life in an American prison instead. Is that even possible? Which extradition would take precedent?well, it looks like peru will get him first...

i'm not sure, but i think they could go ahead and try him for the girl in lima, and then consider whether to extradite him to aruba, if aruba asks for him...

since the murder took place in aruba, they would be the ones to try him for holloway's murder...

i'd be surprised if they extradite him to the u.s. since we only have extortion charges against him while peru and aruba would have murder charges...

i suppose after he's served his sentence in peru and if he confesses, his sentence in aruba, then he might get extradited for the extortion...

FAX
06-04-2010, 12:16 PM
You have my complaint wrong, Mr. FAX. I am not really complaining about the media's coverage (though let us not pretend that "A 15-year old child was killed today on the city's east side; now onto sports with Len Dawson" is the same coverage as the 24-hour news cycle-hogging Natalie Holloway story) because I have no expectations that the media cover anything honestly. The only good crime reporting these days, in Kansas City anyway, is being done by blogs.

No, my complaint is with the people who care a lot about the Holloway story but not about stories of other, more local, more brown-skinned, murders. I agree with you when you say "The violent death of a 'white girl' is no less onerous than that of a 'black girl' or any other human being." Not enough people agree.

Well, crap. I was gearing up for a full-fledged argument, Mr. Reaper16. I haven't had a low-down, dirty argument for a long time. How about I call you a mean, rotten, frog egg snorter? Would that be okay?

Seriously, though, you hear this all the time ... "the media only cares about white victims ... blah, blah ...". Unfortunately, when you look at the statistics, there isn't enough air time or ink to cover every brutal murder or rape that takes place in this country and the vast majority of those are "black on black" crimes.

Our society's problem isn't that we have a media that is inordinately compassionate toward "white girl" victims - even if it were true. Our problem is that there is so much violent crime in some (not all) black communities, it's no longer news. For example, there are certain neighborhoods in Chicago where over 3500 persons out of 100,000 are, on average, victims of violent crime each year. That's a hell of a lot of persons.

That's why it pisses me off when people start chirping about "young, pretty white girl" syndrome in the media. That's your straw man, my friend.

FAX

FAX
06-04-2010, 12:20 PM

Ratings. Plus, the Holloway family did a very good job of keeping the story up front.

It's not unusual, though. And it's not restricted to our media. The Italian press, for example, couldn't get enough of Amanda Knox. That story had many of the same elements ... sex, drugs, youth, attractive victim, etc.

FAX

lostcause
06-04-2010, 01:29 PM

unfortunately another girl had to die....

Huffmeister
06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
That's not what I'm debating. Who originally picked up the story? Fox.
Link?

Prison Bitch
03-19-2016, 11:44 AM
Confirmed:

Dutch convicted killer Joran van der Sloot, who is in a Peru jail for the 2010 murder of a 22-year-old woman there, was captured on an undercover video admitting that he lied to the police about Holloway’s death, Radar*Online.com reported Wednesday.

“I always lied to the police. I never told the truth,” said a grinning van der Sloot in the video. He was speaking in Dutch about the Holloway case to his wife and an undercover reporter working for Radar*Online and the National Enquirer.

“Also, when I was young*er, I never told everything. The police just never knew what they had to ask me,” van der Sloot said.

When asked if he’s talking about the Holloway case, van der Sloot replied, “Yes, this is also where I am guilty and I accept everything that I have done.”

http://nypost.com/2016/03/17/joran-van-der-sloot-appears-to-confess-to-holloway-murder/

ptlyon
03-19-2016, 12:20 PM
https://youtu.be/Pk1bNDv3okM

Maybe NSFW

vailpass
03-19-2016, 12:24 PM
How easy is it to score blow in a Peruvian prison?
Asking for a friend.

BlackHelicopters
03-19-2016, 12:32 PM
How easy is it to score blow in a Peruvian prison?
Asking for a friend.

Blow and blumpkins.