02-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Opening statements underway.

KCFalcon59
02-13-2008, 09:51 AM
woohoo

Reerun_KC
02-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Clemens is such a poser...

Besides, without the juice, MLB is completely lame... I dont want to see purist playing the game, I want to see roided out monsters hitting the ball across I-70...

IF not, then who cares...

jAZ
02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Waxman said that facts contradict Clemens statements during his deposition.

I find it interesting that Clemens keeps saying that he didn't "take" sterroids/HGH.

Based on opening statements, it seems that Clemens is going to rely on a position that he believed that the injections were lydicane... McNamee just denied ever injecting him with lydicane.

It looks like it's going to come down to a Bonds-like "knowingly".

nychief
02-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Clemens is a POS.

jAZ
02-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Try to find a copy of Congressman Dan Burton's questioning of McNamee.

He's a complete baffoon who's completely out to get McNamee.

That was embarassing.

jAZ
02-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Burton had to eject from 2 different lines of questioning because he didn't know WTF he was talking about.

His aides had to interrupt him twice, correct him... then he said "never mind that" and moved on to something else.

He's exposed himself as a fawning after Clemens.

Amazing display.

Must watch.

eazyb81
02-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Clemens is such a lying POS. Just man up and admit you did it and that you made a mistake.

The longer this charade goes on, the more he is hurting his legacy.

milkman
02-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Clemens is such a poser...

Besides, without the juice, MLB is completely lame... I dont want to see purist playing the game, I want to see roided out monsters hitting the ball across I-70...

IF not, then who cares...

In the end, I don't really care about this whole steroid/HGH issue, but to me, the game lost some of it's entertainment value when the home run became a commonplace hit.

A triple, a legged out double, a stolen base, are all far more exciting plays.

ROYC75
02-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Roger is on the HOT SEAT !

Joe Seahawk
02-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Burton had to eject from 2 different lines of questioning because he didn't know WTF he was talking about.

His aides had to interrupt him twice, correct him... then he said "never mind that" and moved on to something else.

He's exposed himself as a fawning after Clemens.

Amazing display.

Must watch.

That Burton guy was a jackass!

Pushead2
02-13-2008, 11:33 AM
I hate Clemens

nychief
02-13-2008, 11:46 AM
what hat is he going to wear in the Hall of Fame?

How about none.

ChiTown
02-13-2008, 11:55 AM
CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!

stonedstooge
02-13-2008, 12:44 PM
What a f**king whiner. All he trys to do is get sympathy like he's being picked on. Poor boy. Everything that appears in testimony indicates that he is lying. And then one or our own Congressmen takes his turn to salute Clemens as a wonderful human being and acts like he is awestruck to be in the same room as he is. Makes Missouri look like a bunch of dumbass hicks.

LV Tim
02-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Sorry to bring this up again . . . but can someone explain to me why congress needs to waist their time with this stuff instead of dealing with real problems, and doing the business of the government?

jAZ
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Here's 2 of Burton's bizarre 10-15 minutes.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8d8-fKUcJg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8d8-fKUcJg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

doomy3
02-13-2008, 11:04 PM
so, I didn't get to watch this because I was at work today. Can someone give me the clif notes version? Was Clemens believable at all?

jAZ
02-14-2008, 08:23 AM
The general analysis I've heard is that neither man's statements are credible on their own, but only one of them has a mountain of corrobrating evidence that matches their story.

The other relyed on talking about how proud he was to pitch for his country in the Olympics.

The best summary of the day I heard was that "McNamee won today because he gave answers, not speeches".

That's about right.

Brock
02-14-2008, 08:26 AM
That guy is one of the best punkass little snitches I've ever seen.

Brock
02-14-2008, 08:27 AM
What a f**king whiner. All he trys to do is get sympathy like he's being picked on. Poor boy. Everything that appears in testimony indicates that he is lying. And then one or our own Congressmen takes his turn to salute Clemens as a wonderful human being and acts like he is awestruck to be in the same room as he is. Makes Missouri look like a bunch of dumbass hicks.

Makes it look?

Reerun_KC
02-14-2008, 08:28 AM
In the end, I don't really care about this whole steroid/HGH issue, but to me, the game lost some of it's entertainment value when the home run became a commonplace hit.

A triple, a legged out double, a stolen base, are all far more exciting plays.

I will agree with that, but to watch multi millionaires whine and beg congress to cover up their cheating is just getting old... Kind of like baseball, it was great as a kid, but now to much of this whining, roids/hgh, etc...

It is getting almost as repulsive as WWF or ECW or whatever the freak that crap in anymore...

Chiefnj2
02-14-2008, 08:42 AM
An investigation into the institution of baseball and possible cheating has turned into a one player witch hunt. The commissioner must be happy.

gblowfish
02-14-2008, 09:33 AM
The Truth Becomes Known!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L40r1XKtgrk&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L40r1XKtgrk&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BucEyedPea
02-14-2008, 09:41 AM
I could care less if Clemens took HGH. I think sports leagues should allow it so long as it's risks are also known. It's found naturally in the human body up to a certain age (18 I think) then it declines.

It's also NONE of the govt's business. It should be up the the league to handle.
Honest to Gawd! Let's investigate the investigators and see how clean these bloodsuckers are. With their criminal wars, check bouncing and myriad scandals they get to do everything citizens get in trouble for.

Duck Dog
02-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Criminal wars? Geezus, you freaks never stop. But I do agree that the Government should back off and let the league handle it.

jAZ
02-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Anyone hear any explanations why it seemed that the panel seemed to generally split down party lines. With most of the Republicans (like Burton) being supportive of Clemens and critical of McNamee and the opposite with most of the Dems?

(Note, I saw one Dem blasting McNamee and cheering Clemens, so it wasn't exclusively partisan... but largely.)

Hammock Parties
02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
jesus, that one guy thats running the thing looks like a mother ****in little piggy!! What a creepy douche.

Hammock Parties
02-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I could care less if Clemens took HGH. I think sports leagues should allow it so long as it's risks are also known. It's found naturally in the human body up to a certain age (18 I think) then it declines.

It's also NONE of the govt's business. It should be up the the league to handle.
Honest to Gawd! Let's investigate the investigators and see how clean these bloodsuckers are. With their criminal wars, check bouncing and myriad scandals they get to do everything citizens get in trouble for.

actually it, along with steroids and such is illegal. Thats the only reason this is in congress and such.

BucEyedPea
02-14-2008, 03:47 PM
actually it, along with steroids and such is illegal. Thats the only reason this is in congress and such.
I thought a doctor could give it by prescription. So what I meant was I think leagues should allow this.

Hammock Parties
02-14-2008, 04:10 PM
I thought a doctor could give it by prescription. So what I meant was I think leagues should allow this.

actually i think you are correct on that part of it, but there is a fine line between medically using it and illegally using it i guess.