PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Gay Church Protesting Funeral of NIU Shooting Victims

NIUhuskies
02-15-2008, 08:16 PM
wow, how fu*ked up are these people, and how on God's earth do they get followers? This is disgusting, honestly...

The link below is off their website thanking god for the shooter...wtf!

http://www.godhatesRump Rangers.com/written/fliers/20080214_northern-illinois-university-shooter.pdf

God's curse upou America is irreversible, because America has persecuted WEe.
Westboro Baptist Church
(WEC Chronicles - Since 1955)
3701 SW 12" St. Topeka, Kansas 66604 785-273-0325 GodHatesFags.com
Religious Opinion and Bible Commentary on Current Events
Thursday, February 14, 2008
NEWS RELEASE
Thank God for the Shooter
at Northern Illinois Univ.
God sent the Shooter.
In His Wrath & Vengeance
Against an Ungrateful
Nation that has Forsaken
Him &Embraced Filthy Fags.
WBC will picket their
hypocritica'i funerals &
memorials & "vigils."
Yes. In religious protest & warning; to wit: "Be
not deceived; God is not mocked." Gal. 6:7.
God Hates Fags! & Fag-Enablers. Ergo, God
hates Rump Ranger-dominated Northern Illinois Univ.,
Rump Ranger-saturated Illinois, and Rump Ranger-run America.
What part of this 12-word sentence don't you
idiots understand? "Thou shalt not lie with
mankind, as with womankind; it is abomination."
Lev. 18:22.

The Westboro Baptist Church (“Reverend” Fred Phelps and family) have announced plans to protest the funerals of NIU victims. They believe that God makes terrible things happen in this country because we tolerate homosexuality.

I happen to know alot about the "christians" of WBC, and this is my advice to all of you, as an outsider, unable to do anything for geographical reasons.

Go to the funeral. Go to the protest, and stand in front of them with banners that say "GOD IS LOVE." Cover them completely. Tarps, Bedsheets, blankets, signs, posters. Pictures of those who lost their lives, anything that covers the WBC.

Go and block them, go and cover them. Don't fight them, but provide a message of love and support for the families who are mourning. Don't let them use misery as an opportunity. Don't call and yell, don't read their website and get angry. Get out there and show people there is a better message to be had, that you aren't fazed by their hatred. Don't let them have any power. Don't let them have any power over you. Go out there and block them from being heard.

If you are planning on going to services, please do something about this. Go and cover them, go and block them.

One of my friends from high school was shot and is still in critical condition. Her boyfriend was not so lucky. If I could be there I would, I ask all of you to go to the service, to remember those who died. And to go to these protests, to promote a message of love and understanding. To not allow these people to advance their agenda or to publicize themselves on the backs of corpses. Please stop them. Please.

You are stronger than them because they are so deeply, deeply wrong. Do not let them argue with you. If you are attending the services, go to the protest and cover them, block them, do not let them be heard or seen. Show instead a message of love, and that will be powerful. That is the way to honor those who have lost their lives.

The rev. Fred Phelps and his family of WBC protested the funeral of Matthew Shepard once upon a time, and a counter protest group arrived in angel costumes and surrounded Phelp's protest, blocking him from cameras. I'll say it again.

Do not let their message be heard. Have the photo opportunity for journalists not a bunch of crazies, but a bunch of students with a better message, a more effective message, a true message. Do not allow their propaganda of hate a single headline, a single cover story. There are many embarrassments to humanity, the WBC included. But there is always hope so long as we can do something beautiful, something worthwhile. IF we can heal, and spread a message that heals. They are powerless if they are not heard, make it so and you have the power.

-Carl Newman

http://niu.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8612078422

Bob Dole
02-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Not at all surprising if you've followed their stunts at all. They manage to milk publicity out of every fatality that gets any significant news coverage.

doomy3
02-15-2008, 08:39 PM
I wish the toxic satellite would fall right on this church when they were all on it.

Frazod
02-15-2008, 08:46 PM
It really is time for the good citizens of Topeka to go Skidmore on these scumbags.

Valiant
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
We manage to have tons of crazies shooting innocent people, but no crazies with the balls to go after the Phelps..

Deberg_1990
02-15-2008, 08:49 PM
SO when one of the Phelps clan dies, do we get to go protest their funeral??

Iowanian
02-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I'll laugh the day someone fire bombs one of their buses......and the REAL Million man march shows up with jugglers, clowns and midgets on unicycles at their exit interviews to hell.

siberian khatru
We should send them all on an Aruban date with Joran Van der Sloot.

RNR
Someday they will cross the wrong people and those who don't get killed can hold up signs that say "God blew up our church because he hates Rump Rangers"

Valiant
SO when one of the Phelps clan dies, do we get to go protest their funeral??

You know there is no way in hell of that happening.. They will either make it private on some land where you are miles from it or bury the person before anyone knows..

Of course I full support a grave desecration on those people for the amount of pain they have caused everywhere else..

Valiant
02-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Someday they will cross the wrong people and those who don't get killed can hold up signs that say "God blew up our church because he hates Rump Rangers"

LOL I think I would piss myself laughing if a huge group picketed their funeral the same way with those signs..

Iowanian
02-15-2008, 08:57 PM
We should send them all on an Aruban date with Joran Van der Sloot.

I'd like to dunk their genitals cow blood and throw them in a glass box with sigfried and Roy's tiger after it was teased with a stick.

Iowanian
02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I'd like to put fRed of the Phelptards in a Rodney King sumo suit and send them to LA late at night with a tail light out and "Fug the Police" boomin from the radio.

HolmeZz
02-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I can't wait till Phelps drops dead.

Frazod
02-15-2008, 09:11 PM
LOL I think I would piss myself laughing if a huge group picketed their funeral the same way with those signs..

"God Hates Douchebags"

LMAO

Iowanian
02-15-2008, 09:22 PM
I'd like to put them all in frazod's refrigerator and late at night....throw some pots and pans around his kitchen and run out of the house.

Iowanian
02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
I hope that the next time they urinate, they all prolapse their pee holes and someone is standing nearby with some salt bath.

Eleazar
02-15-2008, 09:44 PM
They get followers because the whole operation is basically two families. They are born followers.

I think they show up at any notable event involving death. I heard they had even picketed at a Chiefs game before. They picketed at the KC Irish fest once as well.

doomy3
02-15-2008, 09:46 PM
They get followers because the whole operation is basically two families. They are born followers.

I think they show up at any notable event involving death. I heard they had even picketed at a Chiefs game before. They picketed at the KC Irish fest once as well.

Is Carl gay too on top of being a dick???

Eleazar
02-15-2008, 09:50 PM

I think they hate everything.

doomy3
02-15-2008, 09:52 PM
I think they hate everything.

I can't blame them for hating Carl or the Chiefs though. Probably the only worthwhile thing they have ever picketed.

Jenson71
02-15-2008, 10:10 PM
We have a tendency to become those we so passionately hate. I could see no better example than if we were all to protest the funeral of a Phelps member that died.

About two years, a man broke into an Amish school and shot five young girls "execution style" before taking his own life. Yet an amazing example of love and forgiveness was displayed when all the Amish families showed up at the man's funeral and prayed for him.

doomy3
02-15-2008, 10:12 PM
We have a tendency to become those we so passionately hate. I could see no better example than if we were all to protest the funeral of a Phelps member that died.

About two years, a man broke into an Amish school and shot five young girls "execution style" before taking his own life. Yet an amazing example of love and forgiveness was displayed when all the Amish families showed up at the man's funeral and prayed for him.

That's an awesome story about the Amish people. People like that really do amaze me.

Frazod
02-15-2008, 10:13 PM

I personally think there's a happy middle ground between the Westboro freaks and the Amish guy who would pray for the psycho who gunned down his children. Way too much hate from one bunch, and not nearly enough from the other.

Jenson71
02-15-2008, 10:20 PM
I personally think there's a happy middle ground between the Westboro freaks and the Amish guy who would pray for the psycho who gunned down his children. Way too much hate from one bunch, and not nearly enough from the other.

That's a normal response, and I can't really disagree with it. It's hard to rub off 20, 30, 50 years of our upbringing. But, looking from the perspective of a believer in the power of prayer, who better to receive it than those in the world who display acts of hatred or violence? I think anger and grief have their places, absolutely. But to comfort the family of a man who just murdered your child and himself is such an act of selflessness, I have great respect for those people.

I know it's easy to hate the Phelps, and it's justified, but it really is a wasted emotion and worry.

RNR
02-15-2008, 10:48 PM
That's a normal response, and I can't really disagree with it. It's hard to rub off 20, 30, 50 years of our upbringing. But, looking from the perspective of a believer in the power of prayer, who better to receive it than those in the world who display acts of hatred or violence? I think anger and grief have their places, absolutely. But to comfort the family of a man who just murdered your child and himself is such an act of selflessness, I have great respect for those people.

I know it's easy to hate the Phelps, and it's justified, but it really is a wasted emotion and worry.
True and wise however if there was a way I could do it not be caught I would be glad to kill all of them go home eat a nice meal and sleep like a baby.

Mr. Laz
02-15-2008, 11:47 PM
i bet GOD is so proud

Thig Lyfe
02-16-2008, 12:59 AM

If you're on top of a dick, it's pretty safe to say you're gay.

ClevelandBronco
02-16-2008, 02:02 AM
I just want to apologize to all of the folks here who aren't Christians. Many of us aren't anything like the people in Mr. Phelps' church.

I won't call him "Rev." Phelps because I've never seen any evidence that he is worthy of reverence.

Bump
02-16-2008, 03:04 AM
I've said this before, I almost wish I could see the look on Fred Phelps' face when he dies and is sent to hell. He's gonna be "WTF, I deserve to be in heaven!!!" but he's gonna rot in hell, unless God has some sick mercy, which he might but I don't see a guy like this being in heaven. I almost wish I could see the look on his face, he's gonna be so confused while he's burning in hell.

KcMizzou
02-16-2008, 03:11 AM
I just want to apologize to all of the folks here who aren't Christians. Many of us aren't anything like the people in Mr. Phelps' church.

I won't call him "Rev." Phelps because I've never seen any evidence that he is worthy of reverence.I'm not entirely sure what I am... but I don't think anyone believes that vile waste of life is a christian. He may think he is, but something inside him got very, very twisted a long time ago.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-16-2008, 03:11 AM
I've said this before, I almost wish I could see the look on Fred Phelps' face when he dies and is sent to hell. He's gonna be "WTF, I deserve to be in heaven!!!" but he's gonna rot in hell, unless God has some sick mercy, which he might but I don't see a guy like this being in heaven. I almost wish I could see the look on his face, he's gonna be so confused while he's burning in hell.

If in his heart of hearts he is doing the right thing, and truly has no understanding that his actions are so horrible, does he truly belong in hell? Just a question, I think the guy is a piece of shit, but I'm curious where people fall on the forgiveness scale.

ClevelandBronco
02-16-2008, 03:19 AM
If in his heart of hearts he is doing the right thing, and truly has no understanding that his actions are so horrible, does he truly belong in hell? Just a question, I think the guy is a piece of shit, but I'm curious where people fall on the forgiveness scale.

I won't presume to know who God will choose to be in heaven nor who belongs in hell.

That's probably the first of my differences with Mr. Phelps. He'd likely place me in hell.

I thank my Father God for His singular wisdom in these matters.

gblowfish
02-16-2008, 09:26 AM
When Fred dies and goes to Hell I hope his roomates are Oscar Wilde and Freddie Mercury.

Sully
02-16-2008, 09:55 AM
I think Phelps, and many of those who follow him, are already in hell. Can you imagine, in the depths of their hearts, how unhappy they are, dedicating their life to hate and pain? They feel and experience hell every day.

Of course, I have a much different definition of hell from many of my fellow Christians.

Gonzo
02-16-2008, 10:15 AM
(Ahem) :thumb:

Have fun kiddies...
http://www.killfredphelps.com/

Reaper16
02-16-2008, 10:15 AM
We in the theater department at Northwest Missouri State put on The Laramie Project in fall 2006. Phelps, who is one of the characters in the completely biographical show, wanted to bring his posse and protest the production...

What we did was genius. We encouraged him to come to Maryvile. We were nice with him in all conversations, and told him that we'd provide him with a blocked-off section of the PAC parking lot to operate out of, we provided him with security, we offered amenities, etc. He, all of a sudden, had little interest in coming up to protest. And in fact, he did not protest the show after all.

I think they protest for the sole reason of baiting people to attack them. They're fishing for 1. publicity and 2. lawsuits. The whole clan are lawyers.

Reaper16
02-16-2008, 10:17 AM
BTW -- NIUHuskies: The entire NIU community is in my thoughts and prayers. I have a really good friend who goes to school there. She's safe, thank God, but still shaken-up over the tragedy as anyone there would be.

blueballs
02-16-2008, 10:28 AM
If he hates america so much
why don't he leave
hypocrite

CosmicPal
02-16-2008, 10:30 AM
We manage to have tons of crazies shooting innocent people, but no crazies with the balls to go after the Phelps..

Here's their upcoming schedule. We're all behind you.

http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

CosmicPal
02-16-2008, 10:33 AM
LMAO....

I'm reading some of their letters to their site:

Dear Shirley,

GOD HATES PEOPLE WHO HATE. I hope when you ****ers die you can justify your hate to Jesus. My Jesus would send you straight to hell. And that is exactly where you belong.

Stay the **** out of SD you fake christian pieces of shit. I’d put my boot in your ass personally if I had the chance.

davdjb

Hound333
02-16-2008, 10:49 AM
It really is time for the good citizens of Topeka to go Skidmore on these scumbags.

I think they want us to. This church really does not get followers. They don't just let anyone in. You have to have some kind of tie to them already. Its mostly just Fred's kids and their families. They resist anyone else trying to join because he worries about people that might be spies.

Just ignore them. They were in the papers here alot in the early nineties until the papers got smart and ignored them. They went away in our minds for years until they got a new tactic and went more national picketing funerals. If the nation would just stop reporting on them they wouldn't spend the money to picket the funerals.

NIUhuskies
02-16-2008, 10:58 AM
BTW -- NIUHuskies: The entire NIU community is in my thoughts and prayers. I have a really good friend who goes to school there. She's safe, thank God, but still shaken-up over the tragedy as anyone there would be.

Thanks I appreciate that, I graduated last year, but my sister and a lot of friends still go there, thank god they are all safe

still cant believe this happened at my school, never world have thought it would in a million years...