stonedstooge
02-18-2008, 03:37 PM
. http://mf;drafttorivals.com/contest.asp?SID=64146&CID=775564

Message Board Index
New mock draft by Rivals.com NFL Draft

February 18, 2008

Frank Coyle, draftinsiders.com
Special to Rivals.com NFL Draft

Rivals.com asked its NFL Draft partner - Frank Coyle of draftinsiders.com - to put together a pre-NFL Scouting Combine first-round mock draft with comments.

Enjoy.

Last updated: Feb. 18.

1. Miami (1-15)
The Pick: Chris Long, DE, Virginia
The buzz: The Dolphins need many things, and Bill Parcells may opt for Long – who may be the safest pick in this draft. We still like Matt Ryan at No. 1, so don't be surprised if Miami goes that direction.
2. St. Louis (3-13)
The Pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
The buzz: The Rams will focus on the defensive line early. Dorsey would give them an impact defender for a flexible front line.
x - 3. Atlanta (4-12)
The Pick: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
The buzz: The Falcons are hoping this fine leader is still on the board when they select. Ryan would allow the franchise to turn the page on the Michael Vick disaster.
x - 4. Oakland (4-12)
The Pick: Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern Cal
The buzz: Veteran tackle Warren Sapp has joined the retirement list, and Ellis is flying up the charts.
x - 5. Kansas City (4-12)
The Pick: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
The buzz: The Chiefs' offensive line has struggled in recent seasons, and Long would be a great fit here.
6. N.Y. Jets (4-12)
The Pick: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas*
The buzz: The Jets may find this talented feature back available at No. 6, and they would probably jump at the chance to select him.
7. New England (From San Francisco) (5-11)
The Pick: Vernon Gholston, DE/LB, Ohio St.*
The buzz: The Patriots are looking for a young impact defender for their aging linebacker unit.
8. Baltimore (5-11)
The Pick: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
The buzz: The Ravens are looking for their future leader, and Brohm would be a fine start for a new offense.
9. Cincinnati (7-9)
The Pick: Keith Rivers, LB, Southern Cal
The buzz: The Bengals defense has struggled with young linebackers, and Rivers is a proven playmaker.
10. New Orleans (7-9)
The Pick: Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami*
The buzz: The Saints defense has not been performing at a playoff level, and Phillips could be a difference-maker in this secondary.
11. Buffalo (7-9)
The Pick: DeSean Jackson, WR, California*
The buzz: The Bills are looking for playmakers at wideout and in the return game, and Jackson can help in both areas.
12. Denver (7-9)
The Pick: Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
The buzz: The Broncos must improve their pass protection to be real playoff contenders. Time to throw may help Jay Cutler as much as another offensive playmaker.
13. Carolina (7-9)
The Pick: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami*
The buzz: The Panthers are looking for help on both lines, though free agency moves will dictate their early draft selections.
14. Chicago (7-9)
The Pick: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
The buzz: The Bears will likely lose Bernard Berrian in free agency, and Kelly would be a welcome addition.
15. Detroit (7-9)
The Pick: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St.*
The buzz: The Lions offensive line would benefit from a top flight tackle, especially on the left side.
16. Arizona (8-8)
The Pick: Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
The buzz: The Cardinals defense needs another player on this young, developing unit. McKelvin is a top-flight return man who can cover.
17. Minnesota (8-8)
The Pick: Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma*
The buzz: The Vikings secondary lacks talent and depth. Minnesota needs to address this unit early this April.
18. Houston (8-8)
The Pick: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon*
The buzz: The Texans are looking to add a young standout feature back to balance their offense.
19. Philadelphia (8-8)
The Pick: Lawrence Jackson, DE, Southern Cal
The buzz: A pass rusher like Jackson would allow the Eagles to solidify their front seven on defense.
20. Tampa Bay (9-7)
The Pick: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
The buzz: The Bucs are looking to rebuild a playoff-caliber defense, especially at cornerback. The USF standout would be a fan favorite.
21. Washington (9-7)
The Pick: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida*
The buzz: The Redskins will address the defensive line early. An impact pass rusher should be a top priority.
22. Dallas (from Cleveland (10-6))
The Pick: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas*
The buzz: The Cowboys have big problems at cornerback, which they will likely address with one of their two first-round picks.
23. Pittsburgh (10-6)
The Pick: Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
The buzz: The Steelers hope to address their offensive line early in the draft. Williams is a quality player who would help them fill a need at tackle.
24. Tennessee (10-6)
The Pick: Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
The buzz: The Titans could face big losses on defense in free agency. That would makes this position a top priority in the Draft.
25. Seattle (10-6)
The Pick: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois*
The buzz: The Seahawks' are looking to the future here because Shaun Alexander has slipped over recent seasons.
26. Jacksonville (11-5)
The Pick: Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
The buzz: The Jaguars could surprise here with a fast-rising prospect that would fit well in their front four.
27. San Diego (11-5)
The Pick: Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas*
The buzz: The Chargers may look to add this all purpose back with veteran Michael Turner expected to leave in free agency. Keep in mind, LaDainian Tomlinson is entering his eighth season.
28. Dallas (13-3)
The Pick: Early Doucet, WR, LSU
The buzz: The Cowboys' aging receiving corps needs an influx of talent. Dallas will most likely address this position with one of their first-round picks.
29. San Francisco (From Indianapolis (13-3))
The Pick: Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt*
The buzz: The 49ers have the league's weakest receiving corps and will look to address this area early and often. Alex Smith needs more options if he is to realize his pro potential.
30. Green Bay (13-3)
The Pick: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
The buzz: The Packers are looking to improve their playoff-caliber defense. In the NFL, you can never have too many quality cover men.
31. New England (16-0)
The Pick: Pick forfeited.
The Buzz: No first-round pick because of NFL sanctions following "Spygate" controversy.
32. NY Giants (10-6)
The Pick: Curtis Lofton, LB, Oklahoma*
The buzz: The Big Blue may lose two linebackers in free agency, and Lofton or Dan Connor could be the pick here.

x - Coin flip at NFL Combine in February will decide exact order
* - Underclassman

Previous Mock Drafts: Feb. 4 | Jan. 18

Frank Coyle is a nationally known NFL scout who publishes Draft Insiders' Digest and www.draftinsiders.com. In it's 16th season, Draft Insiders' Digest is dedicated to year-round coverage of NFL and NCAA Football. He covers the NFL Draft and free agency extensively with a veteran scouting staff that provides insightful and unique information on players and team potential in the coming seasons. Draft Insiders' Digest is an extensive publication that produces 15 issues throughout the

Direckshun
02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
It'd be our luck to have two DTs go in the first four picks for the first time in 800 years.

the Talking Can
02-18-2008, 03:46 PM
figures....sigh

Ebolapox
02-18-2008, 03:48 PM
that would suck horribly

Mr. Laz
02-18-2008, 03:50 PM
we pretty much just sit there and take who falls.

imo we probably just hope that McFadden goes in the top 5 ... that pretty much assures us of a value AND need pick.

of course it still depends on the coin flip

Chris Long, DE, Virginia
Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern Cal
Jake Long, OT, Michigan
Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

BigRock
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Have these draft debates seriously gotten to the point where people will be disappointed if the best offensive lineman in the draft is the BPA when we go on the clock? Good lord.

Rausch
02-18-2008, 04:01 PM
I know we've got little at DT but we do have two young guys that might just play better than they did their rookie year.

On the line we have pretty much over-the-hill and underachievers. We don't have squat. Brodie will be on the bench healing by week 3 and everyone will be complaining because Huard can't get the ball to Gonzo/Bowe because our play action fools no one because we can't run the ball for $3it because we have no line to speak of.

If we cut the slobs that didn't produce last year we better get GOOD players to replace them or it will be more of the same.

Tribal Warfare
02-18-2008, 04:05 PM
yup. there are people here who are hell bent on getting a DT

LMAO

ArrowheadHawk
02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
I would be just fine with that pick.

htismaqe
02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
If it goes down like this, there's absolutely nothing to be disappointed about. With Dorsey and Ellis gone, Long is a nice consolation prize.

There's only an issue if we take Long when there's better players on the board.

jidar
02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I can't understand the DT obsession. What the hell is the matter with people that makes them think taking the best Offensive Tackle in the draft to improve the weatest part of the worst offense in the league last year is bad? For ****s sake people get your heads checked.

Brock
02-18-2008, 04:21 PM
yup. there are people here who are hell bent on getting Jake Long

FYP

Brock
02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I can't understand the DT obsession. What the hell is the matter with people that makes them think taking the best Offensive Tackle in the draft to improve the weatest part of the worst offense in the league last year is bad? For ****s sake people get your heads checked.

Uh, because "the best offensive tackle in the draft" doesn't mean "best player to take with the 5th pick". I don't really care to hear justifications for improving the worst offense to a mediocre one, when improving a mediocre defense to a great one is the bigger change.

OnTheWarpath15
02-18-2008, 04:24 PM
If it goes down like this, there's absolutely nothing to be disappointed about. With Dorsey and Ellis gone, Long is a nice consolation prize.

My thoughts exactly.

JBucc
02-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Really, the only thing I don't want us to do is reach for another OT if Jake Long is gone or take a QB. Ellis/Long/Long/Dorsey would all be good picks.

OnTheWarpath15
02-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Uh, because "the best offensive tackle in the draft" doesn't mean "best player to take with the 5th pick". I don't really care to hear justifications for improving the worst offense to a mediocre one, when improving a mediocre defense to a great one is the bigger change.

Amen to that.

Just because Long is regarded as the best OT in THIS draft, doesn't mean he's the next Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace.

He's just better than everyone in this class - and even that has come into question as of late.

htismaqe
02-18-2008, 04:26 PM
On NFL Live today they debated whether or not a DT was worthy of the no.1 pick. They all agreed that DT is NOT a high impact position and that a no.1 pick should NEVER be spent on a DT. This was coming from a former DT Mike Golic. They pointed out that there has only been 5 DT's draft no.1 overall in history. Those 5 were Wilkinson, Emtman, Maryland, Sims, and Smith. They only had 3 pro-bowl appearances between them. I took it a little further and found that since 1999 there has only been 5 DT's drafted in the top 10. Only 1 in the top 5. Those 5 were Simon, Seymour, Henderson, SIMS, and Robertson(the only top 5 pick). We all know about Sims. Simon has retired already. Robertson has definitely not justified a top 5 pick. Seymour and Henderson are both pro-bowlers and also both always injured. http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=11...1837&t=2058075

What the hell are you talking about?

There's been SIX DT's drafted in the top 10 since 2001 alone.

htismaqe
02-18-2008, 04:27 PM

Nobody here is obsessed with getting a DT. They want to get the BPA, and there's two DT's that happen to be a little better at their position than Long is at LT...

JBucc
02-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Nobody here is obsessed with getting a DT. They want to get the BPA, and there's two DT's that happen to be a little better at their position than Long is at LT...I disagree with this. While it may have started like that, it's developed into all out Jake Long hate. I blame findthedr.

htismaqe
02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
I disagree with this. While it may have started like that, it's developed into all out Jake Long hate. I blame findthedr.

Can you blame them? Do a search for "Jake Long" and "findthedr". 99% of his posts will come back as hits...

Brock
02-18-2008, 04:30 PM
It's not real difficult to understand. Drafting Jake Long is the right thing to do IF HE'S THE BEST PLAYER ON THE BOARD.

Brock
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
not necessarily.
worst---------mediocre--------great
32------------16--------------1---nfl rank

so if our offense goes from "32" (worst) to "16" (medicore) the cange would be "16"

if our defense goes from "16" (mediocre) to "1" (great) the change is still "16"

It clearly went over your head. Never mind.

Brock
02-18-2008, 04:36 PM
agree with that argument, but there will be some who will argue here that in pretty much any circumstance he is not the best player on the board. :D very decieving. They will say to get vernon gholston and say he is a BPA.

And then there's, well, you, who will basically say that anything other than Jake Long to "FIX THE OLINE NOW OMGZZ LETS GET BACK TO 8-8 HURRY" was a wasted draft pick.

htismaqe
02-18-2008, 04:36 PM
not necessarily.

so if our offense goes from "32" (worst) to "16" (medicore) the cange would be "16"

if our defense goes from "16" (mediocre) to "1" (great) the change is still "16"

ROFL

This is the most assinine attempt at logic I've ever seen.

As if a team's net change in ranking has anything at all to do with winning...

raybec 4
02-18-2008, 04:45 PM
I am brand new here so maybe I have missed something, if Jake Long isn't the best player available when we draft at #5 why would we pick him? Isn't the only good thing about having a top 5 pick that we sucked enough to get a real impact player?

htismaqe
02-18-2008, 04:51 PM
can we please make a wager regarding this? I just did this search.
http://75.125.205.90/BB/search.php?searchid=196449

Seems like you have more posts about Long than I doLMAO:
http://75.125.205.90/BB/search.php?searchid=196459

Um, you might want to check that again.

You need to search for "JAKE LONG" not JAKE LONG. That returns every post with either "Jake" OR "Long" in which case you caught every post of mine about Jake Plummer, Jake Busey, and long walks on the beach...

Micjones
02-18-2008, 04:52 PM
How is it that Sedrick Ellis is "building for the future", but Jake Long is "a push to win now"?

Championship teams are built from the lines out...
Offensive AND Defensive.

htismaqe
02-18-2008, 04:53 PM
How is it that Sedrick Ellis is "building for the future", but Jake Long is "a push to win now"?

Championship teams are built from the lines out...
Offensive AND Defensive.

It's a semantics argument, but not a really smart one.

BOTH players can help the Chiefs, both now AND in the future.

It's gotten out of control because of one person in the Long camp throwing out ridiculous arguments like:

not necessarily.

Micjones
02-18-2008, 04:55 PM
I PREFER Long because the Offensive Line is in much worse shape with no real options for the future while the Defensive Line at least has bodies at DT (mind you they made two fairly big commitments in back-to-back rounds of the draft last year), but I won't be mad if we draft Ellis. A little disappointed if they take him OVER Long, sure, but not mad.

dirk digler
02-18-2008, 04:55 PM
I would be extremely happy with either Ellis or Long. I can't see the Raiders bypassing McFadden so I think both could possibly be there.

Either way I imagine there will be alot of whining and crying on draft day with whoever we choose

htismaqe
02-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Either way I imagine there will be alot of whining and crying on draft day with whoever we choose

That's about the only thing that's 100% guaranteed.

OnTheWarpath15
02-18-2008, 04:58 PM
I disagree with this. While it may have started like that, it's developed into all out Jake Long hate. I blame findthedr.

I disagree.

I never have, nor currently do have anything against Long.

I just don't prefer him over Dorsey, Ellis, C. Long or Gholston.

If it came down to only J. Long and Gholston being available?

I'd prefer Gholston, IMO, he's the BPA.

But I wouldn't be upset with J. Long in that situation.

Micjones
02-18-2008, 05:01 PM
I disagree.

I never have, nor currently do have anything against Long.

I just don't prefer him over Dorsey, Ellis, C. Long or Gholston.

If it came down to only J. Long and Gholston being available?

I'd prefer Gholston, IMO, he's the BPA.

But I wouldn't be upset with J. Long in that situation.

I just don't see how you can justify spending a Top 5 draft pick on a player who has no immediate chance of starting on this football team...

I'm talking about Gholston. He'd be no more than a #3 DE...
And while you need them I certainly don't think you can afford to use picks this significant on them. Hell if you just want another contributor from that spot go and sign an Antwan Odom or Bobby McCray.

At least if we were to take Ellis the kid could come right in and start.

OnTheWarpath15
02-18-2008, 05:06 PM
question for Onthewarpath58: In the crazy even that Dorsey, Ellis, C. Long or Gholston are drafted before us what would you want?
options:
1. jake long
2. trade down----for what player?
3. take another player---which player?

Jake Long.

I thought my previous post made that pretty clear.

OnTheWarpath15
02-18-2008, 05:14 PM
I just don't see how you can justify spending a Top 5 draft pick on a player who has no immediate chance of starting on this football team...

I'm talking about Gholston. He'd be no more than a #3 DE...
And while you need them I certainly don't think you can afford to use picks this significant on them. Hell if you just want another contributor from that spot go and sign an Antwan Odom or Bobby McCray.

At least if we were to take Ellis the kid could come right in and start.

You're so hung up on the "starter" aspect of this.

First, DL play in a rotation. The more good players you have, the better. See: 2007 New York Giants.

Second, to think that he wouldn't see the field much is crazy. If they wanted him to play a true DE, he'd take Hali's spot in a second, and they'd move Tamba inside on passing downs.

They could also take the "Falcon" approach with any of the 3 DE's.

IMO, Long is a Top 10 OT, but not Top 5.

But, if it were down to Gholston and J. Long, I'd expect them to take Long, and I'd be accepting of it.

Shy of taking McFadden or Matt Ryan, we're going to get a great player at a position of need - which is all of them. I just don't rate players based solely on need, unlike some others around here.

smittysbar
02-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Jake Long.

I thought my previous post made that pretty clear.

It did make it clear.

I agree with everything but I would prefer Long 4th over gholston

Micjones
02-18-2008, 05:29 PM
You're so hung up on the "starter" aspect of this.

Every player taken that high will either be a QBOTF or an immediate candidate to move into a starting spot. Gholston will have no chance at starting here unless someone goes down.

First, DL play in a rotation. The more good players you have, the better. See: 2007 New York Giants.

Absolutely.
Oddly, none of the players in the Giants rotation were taken that high.

Again, I have no problem with DE help, but with our #1 pick?
Sign Antwan Odom.

Second, to think that he wouldn't see the field much is crazy. If they wanted him to play a true DE, he'd take Hali's spot in a second, and they'd move Tamba inside on passing downs.

I never said a word about how much playing time he'd receive.
We're talking about whether or not he'd become a starter. And we both know who starts is about more than performance. There are still politics in that business.

I just don't rate players based solely on need, unlike some others around here.

Well seeing how Long's the best Offensive Lineman in this class...
I guess neither does anyone else.

doomy3
02-18-2008, 06:48 PM

I agree with this. In this mock, Jake Long is the BPA. What is wrong with this pick?

Mr. Laz
02-18-2008, 07:15 PM
i think the main sticking point is some people don't think Jake Long is "all that"

so why don't you stop arguing about DT vs OT and start going after the real issue "how good is Jake Long" vs "How good is sedrick Ellis"

Mr. Laz
02-18-2008, 07:27 PM
we've been their and done that a ton aldready. I think we all have hashed the conversation out from virtually every perspective.

fine ..... then it's easy to understand that people have a different opinion of how good player "A" is and they can just let it go.

when you start confusing the matter with a bunch of other garbage it becomes more frustrating.

Mecca
02-18-2008, 07:43 PM
I'd take Vernon Gholston before I took Jake Long.

htismaqe
02-18-2008, 07:44 PM
fine ..... then it's easy to understand that people have a different opinion of how good player "A" is and they can just let it go.

when you start confusing the matter with a bunch of other garbage it becomes more frustrating.

Yep.

Rain Man
02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
This could be an interesting draft, because it appears that there's more uncertainty at the top than a typical draft. Or maybe I just don't pay that much attention to the top half-dozen because we don't usually pick there damn you Ryan Sims.

Unless you're the Raiders, though, the #1 pick is usually pretty well known by the time the draft comes around because unless you're the Raiders, you've got the player signed by that point.

Mecca
02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Dr annoys people because he will legit say if Long gets picked the Chiefs should trade down and take another OT.

It's OT or nothin with that guy.

smittysbar
02-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Dr annoys people because he will legit say if Long gets picked the Chiefs should trade down and take another OT.

yep

doomy3
02-18-2008, 09:34 PM

And you just annoy people because you act like you know everything about everything. You're both annoying, just in different ways.

SBK
02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
And you just annoy people because you act like you know everything about everything. You're both annoying, just in different ways.

I think most of us around here know which one is more annoying. Hint: the one that said our bad line last year made us hold Huard back.....and when asked how the weather is where he lived he answered, "Jake Long."

doomy3
02-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Mecca annoys people for:
1. simply being the arrogant Mecca
2. promoting all of his opinons as fact
3. uses the BPA (and he decides who is BPA) to justify taking a dlineman with the chiefs 1st pick under every scenario, and unwilling to trade down.

hey if nothing else, I am a counterbalance to you and your minions neverending chants for a DT.

You pretty much annoy people for all the same reasons listed. Plus you're just annoying. You're both annoying.

SBK
02-19-2008, 12:58 AM
dont know who you are talking about, but it sounds like you are insinuating me. got proof to your bullshit post? its pathetic when you cant argue about what i actually said, and instead have to make up crap. coward.

Huard wasnt held back by our poor line, he had an open playbook to work with. Croyle was held back by our poor line....thus the 3 step drops and short passes.

You got me, I'm the douchebag. You don't think Huard was held back this year? You don't think it's OT or bust in the 1st round? You're not annoying? What part was I so wrong about?

SBK
02-19-2008, 10:10 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4470433&postcount=53

Anyone here want to find all of doc's posts about trading down for an OT if Long is off the board?

Boyceofsummer is the most annoying poster here, I nominate DR as #1b.

htismaqe
02-19-2008, 12:17 PM
hey if nothing else, I am a counterbalance to you and your minions neverending chants for a DT.

AKA, you fancy yourself a martyr for an argument that doesn't even EXIST. ROFL

htismaqe
02-19-2008, 12:18 PM
If jake long is gone, I am all for a trade down. The team has too many holes and could use as many day 1 picks as it can get.

That's just dumb, plain and simple. If we have that many holes, making it a 1-player draft is beyond stupid.

Tribal Warfare
02-19-2008, 12:25 PM
That's just dumb, plain and simple. If we have that many holes, making it a 1-player draft is beyond stupid.

Dude, you are just wasting your time, because all he wants is in the 1st OT Period! F*CK the BPA

htismaqe
02-19-2008, 12:26 PM
riiiight.
http://www.chasthornhill.com/IMAGES/ART/Wink600.jpg

NOBODY here is advocating taking a DT and only a DT. Nobody.

StcChief
02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I like how they assume we lose the coin flip.

htismaqe
02-19-2008, 12:29 PM

Everybody does.

And they should. We're the Kansas City Chiefs. No way in hell we actually WIN.

htismaqe
02-19-2008, 12:33 PM
I hope they don't move this to the DC forum, but I just read that President Bush has asked Jake Long to go to Africa before the combine.

Apparently, he's the only person they feel has the ability to stop the conflict in Darfur.

acesn8s
02-19-2008, 01:32 PM
NOBODY here is advocating taking a DT and only a DT. Nobody.
Mecca has been calling for a DT in the first round for the last two years(at least).

Brock
02-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Mecca has been calling for a DT in the first round for the last two years(at least).

No, he hasn't. Last year, he wanted to draft Cromartie.

ChiefsCountry
02-19-2008, 01:41 PM

No he hasnt. Last year he wanted a WR, really didnt matter to him which one, and before that he wanted Cromatrie.

acesn8s
02-19-2008, 03:27 PM
you are correct and i apologize. I am getting him confused with someone else but i can't figure out who.

ChiefsCountry
02-19-2008, 03:43 PM
you are correct and i apologize. I am getting him confused with someone else but i can't figure out who.

It was a poster by the name of Eric.

smittysbar
02-19-2008, 03:57 PM

Most likely because of the fact that it is only like a 25% chance of winning it.

Everybody does.

And they should. We're the Kansas City Chiefs. No way in hell we actually WIN.

...........and then add this onto it, and it doesn't leave one with much hope:deevee:

On a side note the new quick quote function rocks :thumb:

htismaqe
02-19-2008, 04:26 PM

Mecca has ALWAYS wanted the best player available. Two years ago, he thought that was a CB. Last year, it was WR.

This year it is a DT in his opinion. That doesn't mean he wants a DT, it means that the BPA in his mind JUST HAPPENS to be a DT.

The Bad Guy
02-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Mecca has ALWAYS wanted the best player available. Two years ago, he thought that was a CB. Last year, it was WR.

This year it is a DT in his opinion. That doesn't mean he wants a DT, it means that the BPA in his mind JUST HAPPENS to be a DT.

I've given Mecca a lot of shit on this board, but truth of the matter is the dude knows the college game.

He pimped Cromartie to the highest heavens 2 years ago and the guy has turned out to be a top 5 corner already.

I'll trust his judgement.