PDA

View Full Version : Bill Self is killing this team.

CoMoChief
02-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Seriously, KU has all the talent in the world and this team has gotten consistently worse within the last month. There is absolutely no reason to play Kaun in the last 5 mins of the game while Aldrich rides the bench. Why the hell wasn't Collins in the game more than he was?

This team is playing lazy, sloppy, and aren't hustling like they were at the beginning of the season. KU can't rebound because they're soft, can't defend the perimeter worth a shit, and have been getting beat off the dribble constantly.

Talent wise this is the best team KU has had since 2002-03, this team has a chance to win a national title. I am really starting to think that KU will not win or perhaps even contend in the final 4 as long as Bill Self is around.

gblowfish
02-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah! Fire Bill Self. He sucks!
Quin Snyder is available...

kstater
02-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Don't forget Sampson is available as well.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-23-2008, 06:52 PM
AH, Royce75, bearcat and other, see what i mean about some of your guys fanbase.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Don't forget Sampson is available as well.

dude, KU would NEVER tolerate violations of NCAA rules.

ChiefsFire
02-23-2008, 06:56 PM
KU should throw money at Huggins.

alanm
02-23-2008, 06:58 PM
KU should throw money at Huggins.I don't care who you are, that there is funny. ROFL

Eleazar
02-23-2008, 07:07 PM
i thought they got an automatic final 4 bid for being teh awesom

ChiefsFanatic
02-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Seriously, KU has all the talent in the world and this team has gotten consistently worse within the last month. There is absolutely no reason to play Kaun in the last 5 mins of the game while Aldrich rides the bench. Why the hell wasn't Collins in the game more than he was?

This team is playing lazy, sloppy, and aren't hustling like they were at the beginning of the season. KU can't rebound because they're soft, can't defend the perimeter worth a shit, and have been getting beat off the dribble constantly.

Talent wise this is the best team KU has had since 2002-03, this team has a chance to win a national title. I am really starting to think that KU will not win or perhaps even contend in the final 4 as long as Bill Self is around.

I thought that this game was poorly coached. A couple of times we came out of timeouts, and ran poorly designed plays that ended up going the other way. Then, as with our other losses, we lost poise in the last few minutes. In the last timeout, he should have designed a play, or talked to the players about what to do if we needed a last second shot. Instead, we looked confused, and ended up with a three attempt. In the abscence of a wide open look, Chalmers should have drove to the basket.

ROYC75
02-23-2008, 07:12 PM

Shut Up, you are giving the rival asshole fans something to feel good about.

gblowfish
02-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Calling Kelvin Sampson is a good idea.
He's still got lots of usused minutes on his cell this month.

ChiefsFanatic
02-23-2008, 07:18 PM

And don't openly disagree with the current administration, as the troops will feel like you don't support them!

Skip Towne
02-23-2008, 07:23 PM

Roy, he's not one of ours.

teedubya
02-23-2008, 07:26 PM
AH, Royce75, bearcat and other, see what i mean about some of your guys fanbase.

DUDE, this guy is a Mizzou football fan and KU hoops fan. He is weeeefuggintarded!!1. Lump him in his own fuctup category.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-23-2008, 07:29 PM
DUDE, this guy is a Mizzou football fan and KU hoops fan. He is weeeefuggintarded!!1. Lump him in his own fuctup category.
how can that be possible, some people cant understand sport and rivalies.

teedubya
02-23-2008, 07:49 PM
comochief has no integrity. A man can't be a Mizzou fan AND a Jayhawk fan. Nor can one be a Wildcat and Kansas fan. You ****ers can't have your cake and eat it too. Pick a ****ing team.

shormanator
02-23-2008, 07:50 PM
hey i'm a die hard KU fan and might be able to work with KU basketball, but i think it ridiculous when fans think every time the team, lose it coaches fault what about the players. The players didn't show up so it self fault. I guess after every loss they should fire him.

DJJasonp
02-23-2008, 07:54 PM
hey i'm a die hard KU fan and might be able to work with KU basketball, but i think it ridiculous when fans think every time the team, lose it coaches fault what about the players. The players didn't show up so it self fault. I guess after every loss they should fire him.

abso-freakin-lutely!!!! :D (oh...I'm sorry...I thought you said "fire herm"....my bad!)

Bearcat
02-23-2008, 07:58 PM
This is the first time I've really seen them play sloppy, but I didn't see @KSU or @MU. I will agree with the execution of the final few minutes though.... they threw away several possessions against Texas, and then some more today. The final play of both games were poorly executed, and it'll bite them in the ass in the tournament if it's not fixed.

As for the past, you can blame it on coaching or the players, but as of this moment it's up to Self to prepare them better for those types of situations.

teedubya
02-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I missed this game as I was in an airplane.

CoMoChief
02-23-2008, 08:58 PM
comochief has no integrity. A man can't be a Mizzou fan AND a Jayhawk fan. Nor can one be a Wildcat and Kansas fan. You ****ers can't have your cake and eat it too. Pick a ****ing team.

You ****ing whine more than anyone on this board other than Skip.

Silock
02-23-2008, 11:12 PM
I thought I heard on the post-game show that Collins was injured, so that's why he wasn't playing.