PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying people at the Oscars

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-24-2008, 06:39 PM
P diddler, Hannah disney montana, or the Rock?

God these people make me sick.

E channel = Ryan Seacrest ........bah.

Cnn is covering it too now. Copying E.

jjjayb
02-24-2008, 08:30 PM
The oscars themselves are annoying anymore. It's more about what movie makes the biggest political statement than what movies are actually good or well acted. Nothing but a liberal hollywood circle jerk. No thanks.

penguinz
02-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Jon Stewart... Not even remotely funny. Other than him I would say everyone.

02-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I want Steve Martin to host again. He was hilarious.

Of course, Billy Crystal was the best.

Fire Me Boy!
02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
I want Steve Martin to host again. He was hilarious.

Of course, Billy Crystal was the best.

Martin was very good. I actually quite enjoyed Ellen, too.

Thig Lyfe
02-24-2008, 11:14 PM
The oscars themselves are annoying anymore. It's more about what movie makes the biggest political statement than what movies are actually good or well acted. Nothing but a liberal hollywood circle jerk. No thanks.

Have you seen No Country For Old Men? It's anything but a political statement movie. NCFOM this year and The Departed last year mark two consecutive badass Best Picture winners.

The Academy is trying to make up for Crash.

DJJasonp
02-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Annually, it's usually Susan Sarandon or Tim Robbins as most annoying at the oscars.

Robbins has been amazing in Bull Durham, Mystic River, Jacob's Ladder....but his political statements drive me flippin' crazy.

KcMizzou
02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Annually, it's usually Susan Sarandon or Tim Robbins as most annoying at the oscars.

Robbins has been amazing in Bull Durham, Mystic River, Jacob's Ladder....but his political statements drive me flippin' crazy.I've never understood why people who are paid to entertain us think their political opinions matter any more than the average guy. (or girl)

Shut up and make good movies.

Thig Lyfe
02-24-2008, 11:27 PM
I've never understood why people who are paid to entertain us think their political opinions matter any more than the average guy. (or girl)

On the flip side, though, why should their opinions be suppressed just because they're famous?

I agree that the worst of them can get annoying, but let's not strip them of the first amendment just because they're movie stars.

irishjayhawk
02-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Have you seen No Country For Old Men? It's anything but a political statement movie. NCFOM this year and The Departed last year mark two consecutive badass Best Picture winners.

The Academy is trying to make up for Crash.

You're kidding right? Crash was a fantastic film.

Jenson71
02-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Jon Stewart... Not even remotely funny. Other than him I would say everyone.

I agree, he's pretty lame. Steve Martin, Billy Crystal, Robin Williams, Jay Leno I don't care... someone with a touch of personality would be alright with me.

Gaydolf Titler? :spock:

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2008, 12:39 AM

Yeah, you're right. Because the 10,000 dead or wounded or amputated is much less enjoyable from a political standpoint than the the oil companies and their $11 Billion in profit with Americans dead everywhere for no reason. And it would make for a SO much better award show:

And for the Oil company that made the most profit and least amount of casualites:

British Petroleum!!!

$8 billion in profits and only 1,200 British citizens lost!! Yeah!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2008, 12:41 AM
You're kidding right? Crash was a fantastic film.

I never saw it, but my point is that many people felt it only got the Oscar because it was an "issue movie". So the Academy goes and picks two excellent thrillers that couldn't possibly be construed as preachy.

stumppy
02-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah, you're right. Because the 10,000 dead or wounded or amputated is much less enjoyable than the the oil companies and their $11 Billion in profit would make for a SO much better award show:

And for the Oil company that made the most profit and least amount of casualites:

British Petroleum!!!

$8 billion in profits and only 1,200 citizens lost!! Yeah!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

When did BP lose 1200 people ? I hope they were all company executives.:D

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2008, 12:43 AM
When did BP lose 1200 people ? I hope they were all company executives.:D

I get where you're coming from, so don't take my comment in the wrong light.

It's sad how people lose perspective.

ClevelandBronco
02-25-2008, 01:20 AM
I can tell you who is the most annoying asshole who lives close to the Oscars.

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2008, 01:26 AM
I can tell you who is the most annoying asshole who lives close to the Oscars.

And I can tell you who is the most annoying Denver Broncos loving asshole who doesn't live in Denver.

Any ideas?

ClevelandBronco
02-25-2008, 01:38 AM
And I can tell you who is the most annoying Denver Broncos loving asshole who doesn't live in Denver.

Any ideas?

No idea. I've lived in Denver for more than two decades.

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2008, 01:39 AM
No idea. I've lived in Denver for more than two decades.

My bad.

It must really suck to be you.

So sorry, so sad.

ClevelandBronco
02-25-2008, 01:46 AM
My bad.

It must really suck to be you.

So sorry, so sad.

That must be why so many Californians have bought property near to my vacation home.

Yeah. It sure sucks to live in Colorado.

stumppy
02-25-2008, 01:48 AM
That must be why so many Californians have bought property near to my vacation home.

Actually it's the whole Broncos fan thing that sucks. :D

DaneMcCloud
02-25-2008, 01:48 AM

Great defense for sucking.

Why are you here? Did the 3rd shift manager send you home again?

CoMoChief
02-25-2008, 01:49 AM
P diddler, Hannah disney montana, or the Rock?

God these people make me sick.

E channel = Ryan Seacrest ........bah.

Cnn is covering it too now. Copying E.

What's wrong with The Rock?

ClevelandBronco
02-25-2008, 01:55 AM
Great defense for sucking.

Why are you here? Did the 3rd shift manager send you home again?

Try it again, son. I own the business I work for.

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-25-2008, 03:24 AM
I remember P Dickhead diddler assaulted some guy because the guy was getting his girlfriend who was being asked out to a party.

Gary Bussey being a fool. He might have medical problems.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xQYeL7RInsg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xQYeL7RInsg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

stumppy
02-25-2008, 03:32 AM

Eh, he's just your typical drunk who's killed a few too many brain cells.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2008, 03:46 AM

Robbins has been amazing in Bull Durham, Mystic River, Jacob's Ladder....but his political statements drive me flippin' crazy.

I think his masterpiece was "Shawshank Redemption".

MadMax
02-25-2008, 05:32 AM
[QUOTE=Chiefmanwillgetyou;4600896]I remember P Dickhead diddler assaulted some guy because the guy was getting his girlfriend who was being asked out to a party.

That motorcycle crash he had some years back sure didn't help..

Messier
02-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Jon Stewart is pretty much one of the funniest people currently walking the earth, but you're free to have your opinion.

Dr. Van Halen
02-25-2008, 05:57 AM
Jon Stewart is pretty much one of the funniest people currently walking the earth, but you're free to have your opinion.

It says a lot about a person's sense of humor when they bash Jon Stewart and suggest Jay Leno as a replacement in the same post. Yikes!

greg63
02-25-2008, 06:30 AM
I don't watch this kind of drivel.

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Any of them........ :banghead:

But especially the people who think the majority of the people outside of the room the awards are in really give a shit about what they think politically.

greg63
02-25-2008, 07:09 AM
Any of them........ :banghead:

But especially the people who think the majority of the people outside of the room the awards are in really give a shit about what they think politically.

You mean they think???

bkkcoh
02-25-2008, 07:34 AM
You mean they think???

I think they are trying to get people to think they do. They are some of the most elitist people that get a platform to speak from. :banghead:

greg63
02-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I think they are trying to get people to think they do. They are some of the most elitist people that get a platform to speak from. :banghead:

Yeah, they should learn that: "It is better to be perceived as a fool then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."

Eleazar
02-25-2008, 07:46 AM
I can't believe there are enough women on the planet to have an Oscars thread at all

greg63
02-25-2008, 07:47 AM
I can't believe there are enough women on the planet to have an Oscars thread at all

ROFL

Good point.

Fire Me Boy!
02-25-2008, 08:02 AM
I've never understood why people who are paid to entertain us think their political opinions matter any more than the average guy. (or girl)

I disagree with a lot of them, but I'd go as far as to say if you have a voice because of celebrity and the platform to make people hear, you have an obligation to use it.

:shrug:

greg63
02-25-2008, 08:04 AM
I disagree with a lot of them, but I'd go as far as to say if you have a voice because of celebrity and the platform to make people hear, you have an obligation to use it.

:shrug:

...An obligation???

Rooster
02-25-2008, 08:23 AM

LOL.. That's what I tought. Does anyone really care about that stuff? :shake:

Fire Me Boy!
02-25-2008, 09:10 AM
...An obligation???

A social and moral obligation, yes. You're not being socially responsible if you have a platform and don't use it.

JMO. I've been wrong before.

gblowfish
02-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Jon Stewart is hilarious. And he did a good job considering he only had writers for less than two weeks to prepare for the show.

Ultra right wing mouth breathers have been down on "Hollywood Types" for 20 years, so they're not going to watch anyway.

BigRedChief
02-25-2008, 01:32 PM
lowest rated oscar telecast evah. Bunch of foreign language artsy films that most people hadn't seen. Lamest music evah.

greg63
02-25-2008, 02:15 PM
A social and moral obligation, yes. You're not being socially responsible if you have a platform and don't use it.

JMO. I've been wrong before.

Having a platform does not necessarily mean it should be utilized; given the opportunity to speak publicly does not mean that opportunity will be utilized intelligently.<O:p

keg in kc
02-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Celebrities making political statements in front of cameras is in no way different than people here making political statements over in DC or here on the main board; it's nothing more than using the tools they have at their disposal to express their opinion, and they're just as entitled to do it as you, me, or anybody else. Just as we're entitled to refuse to watch, turn the channel, or log onto here and either agree with, bitch about or totally ignore what they have to say.

Myself, I choose to ignore, just like I choose to ignore the great majority of what goes on in DC, because, well, I don't care any more (or less) about what any of you think politically than I do about what someone in Hollywood or New York or Timbuktu thinks.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't say it.

munkey
02-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Celebrities making political statements in front of cameras is in no way different than people here making political statements over in DC or here on the main board; it's nothing more than using the tools they have at their disposal to express their opinion, and they're just as entitled to do it as you, me, or anybody else. Just as we're entitled to refuse to watch, turn the channel, or log onto here and either agree with, bitch about or totally ignore what they have to say.

Myself, I choose to ignore, just like I choose to ignore the great majority of what goes on in DC, because, well, I don't care any more (or less) about what any of you think politically than I do about what someone in Hollywood or New York or Timbuktu thinks.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't say it.

I couldn't have said that any better...:thumb:

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2008, 05:19 PM
It says a lot about a person's sense of humor when they bash Jon Stewart and suggest Jay Leno as a replacement in the same post. Yikes!

Yikes indeed.

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2008, 05:26 PM

Seriously, this is such an idiotic stereotype. It's possible to watch for things other than dresses, like because Jon Stewart is hosting or the Coen Brothers are up for multiple awards.

The last two winners of Best Picture are The Departed and No Country for Old Men. Both superb films, neither sissy in the least, and each reason enough to watch the Oscars.

|Zach|
02-25-2008, 05:54 PM

I think it is the people who talk about them and give them that value.

Not the people who give them.

CoMoChief
02-25-2008, 05:57 PM
I think it is the people who talk about them and give them that value.

Not the people who give them.

It also makes it much easier when they have access to mainstream media, unlike regular ol' John Q Viewer

Fire Me Boy!
02-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Having a platform does not necessarily mean it should be utilized; given the opportunity to speak publicly does not mean that opportunity will be utilized intelligently.<O:p

No doubt.

:thumb:

Halfcan
02-25-2008, 06:16 PM
who won

Fire Me Boy!
02-25-2008, 06:31 PM
who won

Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis
Best Director: Coen Bros.
Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem
Best Actress: Marion Cotillard
Best Supporting Acress: Tilda Swinton
Best Picture: No Country for Old Men
Best Original Screenplay: Juno
Best Adapted Screenplay: No Country for Old Men

Others: http://oscar.com/oscarnight/winners/index

jjjayb
02-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Jon Stewart is hilarious. And he did a good job considering he only had writers for less than two weeks to prepare for the show.

Ultra right wing mouth breathers have been down on "Hollywood Types" for 20 years, so they're not going to watch anyway.

Or normal people who don't like ultra leftists as much as they don't ultra right wingers.