PDA

View Full Version : Carl raves about McFadden

Eleazar
02-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Not sorry if repost

McFadden’s quick recovery

By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports

NDIANAPOLIS – Coming down from the combination of excitement heavily tinged by adrenaline, marketing agent Mike Conley Sr. was hungry. He mowed through a plate of nachos at Champions Sports Bar in but a few celebratory minutes, inspired by another display of speed.

Darren McFadden, who is represented by Conley and contract agent Ian Greengross, may have outrun the questions.

That’s what a 4.33-second time in the 40-yard dash will do at the NFL scouting combine. It doesn’t just turn heads, it turns opinions. In short, the notion that McFadden’s two publicized incidents at bars and some other more minor issues will get in the way of him being one of the top picks may have disappeared as fast as he ran.

It was certainly gone before Conley was done with the nachos, topped off by a few fries off someone else’s plate.

“He’s a game-changing talent,” said Kansas City president Carl Peterson, whose team holds the No. 5 overall pick and has running back Larry Johnson already in the fold. “He helped himself a lot today … if he’s at No. 5 overall, I’m going to have to consider him long and hard. … And I have a great running back.”

Or as St. Louis coach Scott Linehan said: “He didn’t just run fast, but it was his stride that was really impressive. He ran easy, like he could have run 10 more sprints just like that. A lot of guys, you can see they’re giving it everything they have.”

Until Sunday, the debate over who should be the No. 1 pick in the draft was a mass of confusion between McFadden, quarterback Matt Ryan, defensive end Chris Long, offensive tackle Jake Long and defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey.

McFadden’s blazing time may have altered the picture a bit, combined with the speculation that Dorsey has a more severe leg injury that may require surgical repair. Suddenly, you have to wonder if any team can afford to pass on a guy who could be the next Adrian Peterson.

Of course, the Dolphins at No. 1 probably still won’t take McFadden. But the Dolphins really don’t want to take anyone at No. 1. Between Ronnie Brown coming back from injury, Ricky Williams being the backup and more needs than a diva actress (and did we mention the $30-something million in guarantees for the No. 1 pick?), even McFadden would be a luxury for the Dolphins at this point. Similarly, McFadden would be a luxury for St. Louis at No. 2, which has Steven Jackson.

But once you get to No. 3 with Atlanta, then Oakland, the Chiefs, the New York Jets and New England, McFadden gets really tempting. And the Dolphins and/or Rams hope tempting enough that one of those teams might want to trade up with them.

Bowser
02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
It will be tough for Atlanta to pass him up. And don't discount Miami taking him with Ronnie Brown coming off of injury, and Ricky being Ricky.

htismaqe
02-25-2008, 02:14 PM
God, Carl sounds like Al Davis.

htismaqe
02-25-2008, 02:15 PM
I hope McFadden falls.

This way we'll get a DEFINITIVE answer on who is pulling the strings at 1 Arrowhead...

BigChiefFan
02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
I hope McFadden falls.

This way we'll get a DEFINITIVE answer on who is pulling the strings at 1 Arrowhead...I despise Carl, but I hope McFadden goes before us-he's a great talent and he helps somebodyof a more pressing need fall to us.

raybec 4
02-25-2008, 02:20 PM
You notice everything Carl said was I,I,I never once did he say we. That gives me an idea he believes he is still pulling the strings

BigRedChief
02-25-2008, 02:20 PM
smokescreen

Bowser
02-25-2008, 02:21 PM
God, Carl sounds like Al Davis.

What's worse is that everyone of us can see him sitting there reveling in his doucheness, trying to play draft cloak and dagger through the media.

Has there ever been an NFL team of more desperate need of a good front office enema than the Chiefs?

htismaqe
02-25-2008, 02:22 PM
You notice everything Carl said was I,I,I never once did he say we. That gives me an idea he believes he is still pulling the strings

Yep.

greg63
02-25-2008, 02:23 PM
smokescreen

Yep!

Chiefnj2
02-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Carl said the same thing about Quinn last year.

beavis
02-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I’m going to have to consider him long and hard. …
That's what she said.

htismaqe
02-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Carl said the same thing about Quinn last year.

True. And it worked.

greg63
02-25-2008, 02:26 PM
That's what she said.

LMAO

Coogs
02-25-2008, 02:26 PM
“He’s a game-changing talent,” said Kansas City president Carl Peterson, whose team holds the No. 5 overall pick and has running back Larry Johnson already in the fold. “He helped himself a lot today … if he’s at No. 5 overall, I’m going to have to consider him long and hard. … And I have a great running back.”

Without a new O-line, I don't know if we have that great of a RB. We have an expensive RB, that is for sure. But Smith was able to find holes in the running game where LJ was not able to. And as of right now, I am not saying we need to draft McFadden if he is there at #5, but I can see where you would have to at least think about it.

htismaqe
02-25-2008, 02:27 PM
He's just trying to motivate LJ.

ROFL

BigChiefFan
02-25-2008, 02:27 PM
He is. I don't know why some would think any differently. Clark didn't remove Carl from any of his titles-It's business as usual at One Arrowhead Drive and Carl is in the driver's seat. Ugh. I've never hoped for the team to lose, but I hope they go 3-13 next year to get Carl's ass out of town. What a shame- a kick ass fan base rip to shreds by team with no positive direction.

BigChiefFan
02-25-2008, 02:30 PM
True. And it worked.
It partially worked-we would have been better served to be the team getting the picks for somebody interested in Brady Quinn, rather than letting other teams know he's our pick. You watch some team will trade up with the Raiders to get McFadden. I can see many teams interested in drafting him because he is an incredibly gifted talent. Carl's bluffs aren't even that good.

The Franchise
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
All I hear when I read this is....

"Jerry! Jerry! Look over here! Pick me....pick me!" - Carl

Frazod
02-25-2008, 02:34 PM
I only actually saw McFadden play in one game. That game was played January 1, 2008.

Needless to say, I was not impressed. %(/

But I understand he has, in the past, had some measure of success against those weak-ass SEC defenses. :)

Micjones
02-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Carl should just shut the hell up.

JBucc
02-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Well I can't blame him. He is the greatest running back in the history of the universe.

Frankie
02-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Carl should just shut the hell up.

Wrong. I think he is playing poker with the Jets. Maybe he will get them to trade picks with us while we still get to pick (say) jake long in the 6th position. Worth a try IMO.

Stryker
02-25-2008, 03:03 PM
You watch some team will trade up with the Raiders to get McFadden. I can see many teams interested in drafting him because he is an incredibly gifted talent.

THAT is EXACTLY what is going to end up happening if he falls that far. I am not convinced that Al Davis wants to open his wallet again like he did last year on Russell so a trade at this stage is realistic.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-25-2008, 03:52 PM
I found it interesting that the article mentioned Miami not wanting him with Ronnie Brown. St. Louis not wanting him with Steven Jackson. Then said Atlanta, Oakland, and Kansas City . What? Is LJ done in the eyes of people around the league? Crazy.

Psyko Tek
02-25-2008, 04:50 PM
no they all know how stupid Carl is

Halfcan
02-25-2008, 05:49 PM
draft Mc fadden and trade LJ

EyePod
02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't know why everyone is against this "Carl Peterson." If you just go to http://www.carl-peterson.com/ you can see how great he is.

"One man. One guitar. One incredible concert"

The worst part is that I would probably enjoy watching that concert more than watching the Chiefs.

P.S. Someone has had to post this website before, but I haven't seen it.'

Rausch
02-25-2008, 08:42 PM
He's just trying to motivate LJ.

ROFL

With Priest retired he needs a new nacho buddy up there in the expensive seats...:evil:

TEX
02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
What's happening now is exactly why I was against giving L.J. big bucks last season. :banghead:

Carl is so transparent with his whole," If he's still there at # 5, I have to consider taking McFadden" statement. Nobody believes it for one second - not even Carl. But, I suppose he has to make this kind of noise.

Rausch
02-25-2008, 09:34 PM
What's happening now is exactly why I was against giving L.J. big bucks last season. :banghead:

Carl is so transparent with his whole," If he's still there at # 5, I have to consider taking McFadden" statement. Nobody believes it for one second - not even Carl. But, I suppose he has to make this kind of noise.

Sooo...you were against giving LJ big money because Carl would lie about drafting a HB with our 1st pick this year?

:spock: