PDA

View Full Version : My son's report on DT for MLK/black history month

dtebbe
02-25-2008, 08:16 PM
I thought he did a pretty good job for an 8 year old...

DERRICK VINCENT THOMAS

NFL Linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs

Derrick Thomas was born Jan 1, 1967, in Miami, Florida.

Derrick Thomas started playing football when he was only 3. He was only 5 when his dad died flying a plane in a war so he only had his mom.

He played high school football at South Miami Senior High School and he played college football at the University of Alabama. He broke many football records and won a lot of trophies there.

He started playing football for the Kansas City Chiefs in 1989 and remained with the Chiefs for his whole career.

He was known as one of the best linebackers in NFL history because he sacked quarterbacks a total of 126 times which is amazing!

On Jan 23, 2000, he crashed his SUV and was thrown from his vehicle because he was not wearing his seatbelt. He was paralyzed!

Derrick Thomas died a few weeks later on Feb 8, 2000, in Miami, Florida, from a blood clot in his lung. He was only 33.

Derrick Thomas was a finalist this year for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

What I like most about Derrick Thomas is how he loved to help other people. He read to kids at the library, visited kids in hospitals, and sent 18 kids he did not know to college.

I chose Derrick Thomas to do my report because was a famous African American football player who loved kids.

I remember Derrick Thomas when I wear my seatbelt.

RJ
02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Very cool, dtebbe.

That last line is a good closing. He did a nice job.

DTLB58
02-25-2008, 08:27 PM
:thumb: Tell him nice job and to check out my sig ;)

Extra Point
02-25-2008, 08:50 PM
A+

Davechief
02-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Great Job for only 8 years old. Maybe he can give that dipshit Gretz some pointers before next years Hall of Fame Presentation.

blackhawk
02-25-2008, 09:24 PM
outstanding a+

Bowser
02-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Great Job for only 8 years old. Maybe he can give that dipshit Gretz some pointers before next years Hall of Fame Presentation.

:bravo: